PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Fyvie

EVENTUALLY
07-05-2016, 03:00 PM
Did he suffer a nervous breakdown in the 2nd half. Went to pieces.

MWHIBBIES
07-05-2016, 03:01 PM
Hardly, still all over the park winning tackles. Fans who were on his back shouldnt bother on Tuesday, pathetic stuff.

J-C
07-05-2016, 03:01 PM
He was blowing out his erse, legs just went from him but got a 2nd wind in the last 10min.

neil7908
07-05-2016, 03:02 PM
He struggled (and so did we as a team) when Mcgeough went off. I'm not sure he's the kind of player to control a game or take it by the scruff of the neck but thought he did OK overall

O'Rourke3
07-05-2016, 03:03 PM
Not his best ever stats for finding a man in the same colour shirt with a pass but never hid and won a lot of challenges.

Glory Lurker
Thread necessary, much?

B.H.F.C
Hardly, still all over the park winning tackles. Fans who were on his back shouldnt bother on Tuesday, pathetic stuff.

He continuously gave the ball away. I moaned about that so I'm pathetic and shouldn't bother on Tuesday? Aye, nae bother Fraser.

JimBHibees
07-05-2016, 03:05 PM
Gave the ball away second half but played very well first half.

Mike_C
Threads such as these are pointless. **** the negative crap and move on.

HibsNutter
We're a better team when he plays, along with McGinn, McGeouch and Henderson.

Unseen work
He is always involved and unlike one of the posts already in here i do think he control games and can take it by the scruff of the neck.

He can be playing brilliant or awful but he is always getting on the ball.

He covers all the pitch closing players down and making tackles.

For some reason he is not liked by a big part of fans, if he had played at the level Mcginn has the past couple of months he would be betting dogs abuse .

Very good midfielder who I rate highly

MWHIBBIES
07-05-2016, 03:06 PM
He continuously gave the ball away. I moaned about that so I'm pathetic and shouldn't bother on Tuesday? Aye, nae bother Fraser.
Cute.

B.H.F.C
07-05-2016, 03:06 PM
Cute.

Strange response.

BoomtownHibees
07-05-2016, 03:08 PM
He was all over the park and never hides but his quality on the ball today was poor

SunshineOnLeith
07-05-2016, 03:08 PM

There's a big difference between moaning and "F*** off Fyvie you useless c***" etc, of which there was plenty around me. He really is a magnet for the morons at Easter Road.

coldingham hibs
07-05-2016, 03:10 PM
Not Fyvie's best game but we are much better with him in the team than out it.

erin go bragh
07-05-2016, 03:11 PM

We're winning 2-0 and the groans when FF or JC made a error was shocking . We have turned around a 1-0 first leg defeat but with the negativity coming from a minority of our support is embarrassing .
Some fans need to get a grip imo .
Great turnaround by Hibs today . Let's get stuck into Elma Fudds Falkirk on Tues .

GGTTH

leither17
07-05-2016, 03:12 PM
Not his best ever stats for finding a man in the same colour shirt with a pass but never hid and won a lot of challenges.

Exactly what i said at the game

Hibeesmad
07-05-2016, 03:12 PM
He gives the ball away too much

Smartie
07-05-2016, 03:13 PM
He never hides.

Even when it's not all going his way (as it wasn't at times in the second half) he keeps going and imo finished the game strongly.

He is starting to look a bit tired though and we're going to need to rotate these centre-midfielders over the next few weeks.

I honestly don't know why there seems to be a section of the fans who don't get him though. Those who hound Cummings and Fyvie deserve to watch Rowan Vine and Joe Keenan.

ronaldo7
07-05-2016, 03:14 PM
He is always involved and unlike one of the posts already in here i do think he control games and can take it by the scruff of the neck.

For some reason he is not liked by a big part of fans, if he had played at the level Mcginn has the past couple of months he would be betting dogs abuse .

Spot on.

He's involved in nearly everything we do, so I suppose the law of averages says he'll put some passes astray. We're not the same without him.

The Green Goblin
07-05-2016, 03:22 PM
We won the game today, didn't we? And Fyvie was in that team that won wasn't he?

So to answer your question, no, he didn't suffer a nervous breakdown - he played his part in a crucial Hibs win. There you go.

Danderhall Hibs
07-05-2016, 03:24 PM
There's a big difference between moaning and "F*** off Fyvie you useless c***" etc, of which there was plenty around me. He really is a magnet for the morons at Easter Road.

1 minute in that was heard in the famous 5 lower. Incredible support...

NikGunnarsson
07-05-2016, 03:27 PM
You either love him or hate him, I absolutely love him and his effort and work rate is brilliant. Also think him and McGeouch are the heartbeat of the team. Think in the final he will be one of our most important players

alnewhaven
07-05-2016, 03:28 PM
He never hides.

Even when it's not all going his way (as it wasn't at times in the second half) he keeps going and imo finished the game strongly.

He is starting to look a bit tired though and we're going to need to rotate these centre-midfielders over the next few weeks.

I honestly don't know why there seems to be a section of the fans who don't get him though. Those who hound Cummings and Fyvie deserve to watch Rowan Vine and Joe Keenan.

Id happily forgotten all about those last two you mention till now!!!

Enough said
07-05-2016, 03:52 PM
Hardly, still all over the park winning tackles. Fans who were on his back shouldnt bother on Tuesday, pathetic stuff. this... Winning tackles your joking second half was shocking from him I will have what your drinking

Onion
07-05-2016, 03:56 PM
Fyvie is a frustrating player. Energy, effort, commitment and tackling are all superb. But his passing a decision-making can be awful. Gave the ball way too often today and can get caught in possession in the worst areas of the pitch.

IMO we're a worse team without him.

The Green Goblin
07-05-2016, 03:58 PM
this... Winning tackles your joking second half was shocking from him I will have what your drinking

Good result today though.

keep the faith
07-05-2016, 03:58 PM

Agree entirely. FF is a huge player for us
In my opinion the OP is pathetic and pointless when we should be pulling together. Sadly symptomatic of some of the agendas on this place.

gaz1875
07-05-2016, 04:01 PM
Spot on.

He's involved in nearly everything we do, so I suppose the law of averages says he'll put some passes astray. We're not the same without him.

You have the bit in bold the wrong way around, the law of averages he finds a Hibs player. There is no point putting in all your efforts to win the ball, then over hit nearly every pass. Mistakes happen but he plays in the engine room of the team, he needs to be more accurate with the final pass not lose possession so easily and often.

MWHIBBIES
07-05-2016, 04:08 PM
this... Winning tackles your joking second half was shocking from him I will have what your drinking
Sub to Hibs tv and watch the game again, you obviously missed a few things first time round.

WestEndHibee
07-05-2016, 04:09 PM

Totally agree, the fans screaming expletives at Fyvie and Cummings are such an asset to the opposition. We're one goal up in a tense tie and the fans are taking pot shots at players every single time they do something wrong. Only for them to start making worse decisions, causing more derision. It's ridiculous in a game like that, why do we not learn?

Juice-Terry
07-05-2016, 04:09 PM
He's pish. End. Of.

KWJ
07-05-2016, 04:10 PM
You have the bit in bold the wrong way around, the law of averages he finds a Hibs player. There is no point putting in all your efforts to win the ball, then over hit nearly every pass. Mistakes happen but he plays in the engine room of the team, he needs to be more accurate with the final pass not loose possession so easily and often.

No he doesn't. Fyvie makes much more passes than he doesn't, it's just that the ones that he doesn't stand out so much because they look so bloody simple.

He really does need to limit them though because they are easily avoidable.

He reminds me a little of a softer Scott Brown. All over the park, harrying the opposition and sees so much of the ball but can be v sloppy in possession.

I don't know if it's concentration, tiredness or lack of ability but it is very odd. He does make a lot of good passes but he stuffed up his relatively easy throughball for Cummings today that would have finished the game off.

northstandhibby
07-05-2016, 04:12 PM
I like Fraser Fyvie but feel his passing lets him down at times. He has a lot to offer energy wise. Have seen him winning crucial tackles and breaking up play. His distribution needs improving.

GGTTH

keep the faith
07-05-2016, 04:13 PM
Sub to Hibs tv and watch the game again, you obviously missed a few things first time round.

Being at the game is where you can see how much work FF puts in and the contribution he makes.

Big L
07-05-2016, 04:15 PM
Fyvie's return from injury coincided with our return to form! I look at the 4 mid that played today and they are all very good players in their own right, I do think that McGinn should sit, McGeough should be point of the diamond because he has a great football brain and that's where he wants to play. Fyvie and Henderson either side.

Calidad
07-05-2016, 04:18 PM
I only get to see Hibs on the TV now (as I'm in London), but everytime I see Fyvie play he gives the ball away on too many occasions and has at least one or two horror passes a game.

Conversely, everytime I see Bartley play, he wins numerous balls and keeps possession by keeping it simple.

Fyvie looks a backup player to me, and not a first choice. He works hard, but he creates as many fires as he puts out.

If everyone is fit, I think McGeough, McGinn and Bartley should be the midfield.

snooky
07-05-2016, 04:23 PM
This is not directed at any particular player but it always amazes me when a professional footballer finds it difficult to pass a ball accurately to a teammate 5 yards away. I've seen this so many shocking passes over the years. We're talking basic stuff here, btw.

The waaaayward pass is the equivalent of Andy Murray throwing his serve ball up in the air and missing it.

gaz1875
07-05-2016, 04:30 PM
No he doesn't. Fyvie makes much more passes than he doesn't, it's just that the ones that he doesn't stand out so much because they look so bloody simple.

He really does need to limit them though because they are easily avoidable.

He reminds me a little of a softer Scott Brown. All over the park, harrying the opposition and sees so much of the ball but can be v sloppy in possession.

I don't know if it's concentration, tiredness or lack of ability but it is very odd. He does make a lot of good passes but he stuffed up his relatively easy throughball for Cummings today that would have finished the game off.

This is a problem though, the sloppy passes are in crucial areas of the pitch and more often than not they lead to counter attacks. To often today and not only FF players were taking too long on the ball when simple possession passes were glaringly obvious...Its easy in the stand of course :greengrin

gaz1875
07-05-2016, 04:33 PM
This is not directed at any particular player but it always amazes me when a professional footballer finds it difficult to pass a ball accurately to a teammate 5 yards away. I've seen this so many shocking passes over the years. We're talking basic stuff here, btw.

The waaaayward pass is the equivalent of Andy Murray throwing his serve ball up in the air and missing it.

Hahaha good analogy

Enough said
07-05-2016, 04:34 PM
Sub to Hibs tv and watch the game again, you obviously missed a few things first time round. was at the game like I am every game... He was very very poor today

HibbiesandtheBaddies
07-05-2016, 04:38 PM
I only get to see Hibs on the TV now (as I'm in London), but everytime I see Fyvie play he gives the ball away on too many occasions and has at least one or two horror passes a game.

Conversely, everytime I see Bartley play, he wins numerous balls and keeps possession by keeping it simple.

Fyvie looks a backup player to me, and not a first choice. He works hard, but he creates as many fires as he puts out.

If everyone is fit, I think McGeough, McGinn and Bartley should be the midfield.

Spot on :agree:

And Hendo to make the four :aok:

adhibs
07-05-2016, 04:49 PM
He doesn't always make the right decisions but i was impressed with him today. Never hides and busts a gut when were on the defensive.

magpie1892
07-05-2016, 05:38 PM
was at the game like I am every game... He was very very poor today

He's just not very good. Flatters to deceive on an industrial level. All season long he's been losing possession with five/ten-yard passes.

Bombscare.

hibbytam
07-05-2016, 05:41 PM
He's just not very good. Flatters to deceive on an industrial level. All season long he's been losing possession with five/ten-yard passes.

Bombscare.
It's strange. He does give the ball away a lot, but the midfield seems to be more dynamic when he's in there.

cabbageandribs1875
07-05-2016, 05:44 PM
his passing was atrocious today(as it was for the first 20 mins on wednesday) lost count how many times he raised his hands to apologise for a poor pass

MWHIBBIES
07-05-2016, 05:45 PM

Bombscare.Really? All season? Right...

cabbageandribs1875
07-05-2016, 05:45 PM
It's strange. He does give the ball away a lot, but the midfield seems to be more dynamic when he's in there.

it is, agree with the latter part as well

LaMotta
07-05-2016, 05:47 PM

Its more like Andy Murray hitting the net now and again....

LaMotta
07-05-2016, 05:48 PM

This!

hibee_girl
07-05-2016, 05:50 PM
I thought he played well today, yes a few stray passes but overall his work rate, defending and positioning were excellent.

The guy beside me today insisted he was crap though, it was 'ginge you're crap', 'ginge, that's a crap pass' etc ALL game! :rolleyes:

B.H.F.C
07-05-2016, 05:52 PM
Really? All season? Right...

Cute

ronaldo7
07-05-2016, 05:58 PM
You have the bit in bold the wrong way around, the law of averages he finds a Hibs player. There is no point putting in all your efforts to win the ball, then over hit nearly every pass. Mistakes happen but he plays in the engine room of the team, he needs to be more accurate with the final pass not loose possession so easily and often.

Who would you replace him with for the 94 minute shift he done today?

theonlywayisup
07-05-2016, 06:17 PM
I'm surprised, but then again not, at the level of criticism of Fraser Fyvie.

It is disappointing that he has two or three poor passes in most games. I get it, he's not perfect.

However, John McGinn, Super John McGinn, has been pretty poor over the last few months, the odd game excepted. Yet, he rarely gets the level of criticism that's directed at Fraser.

I like Fyvie, he gives his all and is generally an effective player in the team, apart from the poor passes that I mentioned above.

Why can't we just support our players without constantly picking on the negatives?

MickeyEdwards
07-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Fyvie would always be in my starting line up! :agree:

SJM
07-05-2016, 06:19 PM
He's pish. End. Of.

Is he ****. He plays a very disciplined role very well.

SJM
07-05-2016, 06:21 PM

Bombscare.

He does lose the ball because he looks for the instinctive pass. He does a wonderful job for us though.

SunshineOnLeith
07-05-2016, 06:22 PM
I just dont understand what the people who feel the need to scream, literally scream, abuse at Hibs players get out of going to Hibs games. Do they enjoy it? Because they never look or sound like they're having much fun.

Imagine being a fully grown adult and feeling the need to stand up and scream "F*** off you useless c***" at the top of your lungs at somebody, because they misplaced a pass in a football match. It's just weird.

Hi Heid Yin
07-05-2016, 06:25 PM
When Fyvie (coupled with McGeouch) was missing, a poor run of results and performances resulted. Coincidence? I think not!

crash
07-05-2016, 06:34 PM
Our best midfield would be Bartley in the holding/ballwinning/covering position,McGeoch McGinnn and Henderson supporting the strikers.Fyvie would be on the bench.

MWHIBBIES
07-05-2016, 06:36 PM
Our best midfield would be Bartley in the holding/ballwinning/covering position,McGeoch McGinnn and Henderson supporting the strikers.Fyvie would be on the bench.
Why is Fyvie never on the bench then? Started almost every game hes been fit for since signing.

MickeyEdwards
07-05-2016, 06:39 PM
When Fyvie (coupled with McGeouch) was missing, a poor run of results and performances resulted. Coincidence? I think not!

:top marks

Been saying that to anybody who would listen for weeks! :agree:

fat freddy
07-05-2016, 06:44 PM
Cracking player who is only going to get better, shows for the ball all the time, he must be a pleasure to play with as he is always there to take the ball when players are running into blind alleys. He does give away possession on occasion but all players in the boiler room are guilty of this, he plays on the most congested area of the park so it's inevitable there will be stray passes. I genuinely think we are very fortunate to have him at Easter Road. We, as a support, have a habit of not appreciating what we have until it's gone, Malonga, Wotherspoon, Doyle etc... I hope we don't hound Fyvie out only to watch him blossom elsewhere.

shetlandhibee
07-05-2016, 06:45 PM
I'm surprised, but then again not, at the level of criticism of Fraser Fyvie.

It is disappointing that he has two or three poor passes in most games. I get it, he's not perfect.

However, John McGinn, Super John McGinn, has been pretty poor over the last few months, the odd game excepted. Yet, he rarely gets the level of criticism that's directed at Fraser.

I like Fyvie, he gives his all and is generally an effective player in the team, apart from the poor passes that I mentioned above.

Why can't we just support our players without constantly picking on the negatives?

:top marks

crash
07-05-2016, 06:49 PM
Why is Fyvie never on the bench then? Started almost every game hes been fit for since signing.
That is my opinion,Alan Stubbs picks the team.Who out of Bartley,McGeoch,McGinn or Henderson would you pick Fyvie ahead of?

Aldo
07-05-2016, 06:50 PM
Sat next to a few folk on Wednesday that criticised Fyvie and every opportunity. Yeah he had a few stray passes in first 10 or do but his positional sense and willingness for the ball was never in doubt.

Made a couple of very good interceptions in the first half in our box which took the sting out of their attack.

Folk still moaned that it went out for a corner and blamed him for that.

I like Fyvie and is work rate and commitment is second to none IMHO!

O'Rourke3
07-05-2016, 06:55 PM
Fraser Fyvie is the current version of Hibs Loaded question, or "When did you stop beating your wife?" There is no right answer. He either slows the play down by holding on to the ball to long and then sideways, fans scream get the ball moving faster, and when he does and misplaces a pass, they scream at him for giving the ball away. I'm amazed that as a club we have struggled for so long. Everyone in the crowd apparently is a great undiscovered manager or a player who would have made Messi jealous...

MWHIBBIES
07-05-2016, 06:59 PM
That is my opinion,Alan Stubbs picks the team.Who out of Bartley,McGeoch,McGinn or Henderson would you pick Fyvie ahead of?
On recent form? All of them.

Ronniekirk
07-05-2016, 07:00 PM
Sat next to a few folk on Wednesday that criticised Fyvie and every opportunity. Yeah he had a few stray passes in first 10 or do but his positional sense and willingness for the ball was never in doubt.

Made a couple of very good interceptions in the first half in our box which took the sting out of their attack.

Folk still moaned that it went out for a corner and blamed him for that.

I like Fyvie and is work rate and commitment is second to none IMHO!

He gets involved a lot and like everyone els isn't perfect Yes there was one pass in particular straight to raith player and a couple of times he was easily muscled off the ball and went down looking for a foul but some folk are quick to seize on those incidents and forget all the good work he does
Cummings could of done wth some of his energy today

AlbertK86
07-05-2016, 07:03 PM
Did he suffer a nervous breakdown in the 2nd half. Went to pieces.

Your entitled to your opinion of course but why do people feel the need to rip our players constantly !!

Team needs the BACKING of the fans as we reach the climax of a very long but could still turn out to. be a fantastic season.

I know for a fact some of the players read .net so Fraser I thought you were excellent today.

Yeh he made a few stray passes but so did every one of the team. The guy never hides and probably has more time on the ball than anybody else.

Makes himself available and covers every blade of grass

GreenLake
07-05-2016, 07:07 PM

I agree with this. He gave a lot of possession away earlier in the season, but then got injured. We missed him and I think there is a lot to his game that goes unnoticed. We play worse without him but I wish he would keep the ball for us better in the next 5 games.

matty_f
07-05-2016, 07:12 PM
Fyvie's a cracking wee player.

bingo70
07-05-2016, 07:14 PM
I really like Fyvie but I think he's guilty of having a crazy spell in a game when he gives the ball away every time he gets it. Normally this spell lasts 5 minutes or so but today it just stayed with him the whole game, I thought he was poor.

When Mcgeouch went off I thought we needed someone in midfield to put their foot on the call and try to control the game, that should have been Fyvie but he seemed to go into panic mode even more than most and that spread throughout the team.

Certainly never hides though and can't fault his work rate, just wasn't his day today.

khib70
07-05-2016, 07:15 PM
Your entitled to your opinion of course but why do people feel the need to rip our players constantly !!

Team needs the BACKING of the fans as we reach the climax of a very long but could still turn out to. be a fantastic season.

I know for a fact some of the players read .net so Fraser I thought you were excellent today.

Yeh he made a few stray passes but so did every one of the team. The guy never hides and probably has more time on the ball than anybody else.

Makes himself available and covers every blade of grass
:agree:100% There were three or four clowns around me today who were on Fyvie's case from the first minute. As a season ticket holder in that area (West Lower) I'd never seen them before, and they seemed to have difficulty finding their seats early doors. I think that's a clue that we were seeing the Cup Final/Playoff part timers in all their glory. They do tend to pop up when we're in the situation we are in and disappear for the "everyday" games. They also tend to be over the top in their criticism of our own players, possibly in an attempt to prove what diehard supporters they really are.

Whatever the reason, torrents of abuse at our own players is never acceptable and is one of my pet hates about home games. There always seems to be a nominated target, and now that Oxley isn't playing, Fraser seems to be the "lucky" man

bigwheel
07-05-2016, 08:41 PM
He wants another pop down south? No chance of that hes simply not good enough bang average player who looked decent as a youngster at aberdeen . reminds me of victor palsson who i would argue is probably a better player!!!

bizzare view - do you think it's just coincidence that we lost a bunch of games when he was out injured ??

Aldo
07-05-2016, 08:43 PM
He wants another pop down south? No chance of that hes simply not good enough bang average player who looked decent as a youngster at aberdeen . reminds me of victor palsson who i would argue is probably a better player!!!

This made me laugh.

Fraser Fyvie is a very good football player who is just back from injury. With both him and Dylan back they give us another dimension IMHO.

Bang avg farf!!

MWHIBBIES
07-05-2016, 08:44 PM
He wants another pop down south? No chance of that hes simply not good enough bang average player who looked decent as a youngster at aberdeen . reminds me of victor palsson who i would argue is probably a better player!!!:faf:

SunshineOnLeith
07-05-2016, 08:50 PM

Any of them, he's our most important midfielder.

SunshineOnLeith
07-05-2016, 08:52 PM

Two posts since registering in March, both slating Fraser Fyvie :faf:

Did he kick your dog?

SJM
07-05-2016, 09:05 PM

Shut up.

SJM
07-05-2016, 09:07 PM
I think that run of bad form was coming for a while and i reckon it would have happened even with him in the team.

But it coincides with him leaving the side.

Fyvie probably isn't playing his favoured position but his balance for the side is outstanding and he will only get better. Massively user rated in our support.

Onceinawhile
07-05-2016, 09:13 PM
He's a player I don't particularly rate when I see him play, yet we are undoubtedly better with him in the team.

Much like I used to feel about Paul hanlon.

Eyrie
07-05-2016, 09:55 PM
I just dont understand what the people who feel the need to scream, literally scream, abuse at Hibs players get out of going to Hibs games. Do they enjoy it? Because they never look or sound like they're having much fun.

Imagine being a fully grown adult and feeling the need to stand up and scream "F*** off you useless c***" at the top of your lungs at somebody, because they misplaced a pass in a football match. It's just weird.

:agree: Would they do their own job better if their boss or customers yelled similar "encouragement" at them?

micksoo
07-05-2016, 09:57 PM
In my opinion man of the match

J-C
07-05-2016, 10:11 PM
IIRC Fyvie was an attacking midfielder at Aberdeen, what the hell did Wigan do to him, he seems to play a lot deeper than I remember him at Aberdeen. That said he has a great wee engine and must be a nightmare to play against as he buzzes around snapping into challenges and never gives you a minutes piece. At times he tries to be too adventurous with his passes and can get caught on the ball but gives his all every time, on his game he 's essential to our midfield.

cabbageandribs1875
08-05-2016, 02:02 AM
why has jimhfc1 deleted all his threads, no point when they'be all been quoted doh :greengrin

AndyB_70
08-05-2016, 02:29 AM
I'm surprised we ever get players coming to the club with all the moaning and abuse hurled at them from football experts. With this outstanding knowledge of the game and how it is played some folk must find it difficult getting to Easter Road when they are probably needed by some of the big European clubs for their fantastic insight in how the game should be played.

SherbetFountain
08-05-2016, 05:53 AM
Plays every game when he is fit, surely speaks volumes.

Gives the midfield balance and his positional play is superior to Bartley (I rate the big man too).

Always shows for the ball and majority of play goes through him. Slightly less when McGeough plays as he also does this and is more effective driving forward with it.

Gets about the pitch superbly and has a good understanding of that position.

I honestly think that some fans just don't get it - from the minute the ball goes near him some 'supporters' are ready to chastise him. Maybe his poor second half was a result of the fans groaning when the ball went moved towards him......

Good player who has a first class attitude and will move on to better things in the game. We must have been spoiled recently with midfielders such as Gary Deegan, Owain TudorJomes et al.

Carheenlea
08-05-2016, 06:32 AM
When he is good, he is one of the best midfielders in Scotland, but when he is bad, he can be one of the worst! It is those polar opposites that have probably why he never scaled the heights that were predicted of him when he first broke through as a young player. One of his biggest assets though is the determination and confidence to always look for the ball and keep involved regardless of what kind of game he is having. Always snapping away at opposing players and the one I like from him is his muscling in front of players before stealing the ball from them. I wonder if he has some kind of unusual blind spot with his vision, as he often inexplicably passes straight to the opposition! Fortunately the good far outweighs the lapses, and he is absolutely a player I'm glad is in the green and white.

eastcoasthibby
08-05-2016, 07:42 AM
When he is good, he is one of the best midfielders in Scotland, but when he is bad, he can be one of the worst! It is those polar opposites that have probably why he never scaled the heights that were predicted of him when he first broke through as a young player. One of his biggest assets though is the determination and confidence to always look for the ball and keep involved regardless of what kind of game he is having. Always snapping away at opposing players and the one I like from him is his muscling in front of players before stealing the ball from them. I wonder if he has some kind of unusual blind spot with his vision, as he often inexplicably passes straight to the opposition! Fortunately the good far outweighs the lapses, and he is absolutely a player I'm glad is in the green and white.
Can be frustrating but also excellent, if he didn't make mistakes he wouldn't be with us at this level ...he gets a raw deal from too many fans..but he is,a vital part of our set up..I notice that he is,starting to make those forward runs,again into the box that have been missing, his fitness is back again ..I would like to see his distance covered stats ..a hard-working player with really good ability , that we badly missed when he was out ...which seems to be have been too quickly forgotten by a number of fans ..his performances will be vital in the next 2,games and also the cup final so let's get a grip with what the guy gives the team overall ..!!!

HappyHanlon
08-05-2016, 07:48 AM
I thought Fyvie had a mixed game. Some good and some bad.

He slows the game down and that causes our attacks to break down.

He'd be on my list of Get Rid

we are hibs
08-05-2016, 08:04 AM
Pish poor player who constantly gives the ball away. Don't get this "never hides nonsense" either cause as soon as something goes wrong he moans at someone else. Hopefully he won't be here next season.

noticed in the second half when he couldn't be arsed keeping the ball in, he turned to gray and started moaning at him who was further away than him.

Danderhall Hibs
08-05-2016, 09:03 AM
He does an amazing amount of covering defensively. A few stray passes when it looks easier to make the pass though.

I'd rather have him than not though.

keep the faith
08-05-2016, 11:27 AM
Pish poor player who constantly gives the ball away. Don't get this "never hides nonsense" either cause as soon as something goes wrong he moans at someone else. Hopefully he won't be here next season.

noticed in the second half when he couldn't be arsed keeping the ball in, he turned to gray and started moaning at him who was further away than him.

Complete rubbish. Couple of guys like you in the west just waiting for fyvie to make a slack pass.

Still, if he had a catchy song about him it would be different....

Mango Man
08-05-2016, 11:35 AM
Having watched the whole game again on Hibs TV, I thought Fyvie had a cracking 1st half, nice crisp, accurate passing, him and Dylan work well together, 2nd half he was still good, 2 or 3 misplaced passes, but the positives still outweighed the negatives for me.

J-C
08-05-2016, 11:38 AM
Having watched the whole game again on Hibs TV again, I think Fyvie had a cracking 1st half, nice crisp, accurate passing, him and Dylan work well together, 2nd half he was still good, 2 or 3 misplaced passes, but the positives still outweighed the negatives for me.

Only thing that happened to him in the 2nd half was he tired like the rest of the midfield, they worked their socks off for 60 mins and the 4 of them were blowing out their erses. When the body is tired so is the brain and mistakes started to happen but he got a 2nd wing with about 5 mins left which heled.

scooby
08-05-2016, 11:41 AM
Complete rubbish. Couple of guys like you in the west just waiting for fyvie to make a slack pass.

Yeah we have some very fickle "fans" who berate certain players at every opportunity. Can only have a negative effect on their performance, and make them nervous to try anything other than a safe pass.
It would be great if everyone just got behind the team and had a moan after the game.

MWHIBBIES
08-05-2016, 12:43 PM

noticed in the second half when he couldn't be arsed keeping the ball in, he turned to gray and started moaning at him who was further away than him.:faf:

and people say opinions cant be wrong...

Diclonius
08-05-2016, 12:46 PM
Fyvie is a cracking player. He does have lapses but if he played as well as he could all the time he'd be at a far better club.

bingo70
08-05-2016, 01:01 PM
Fyvie is a cracking player. He does have lapses but if he played as well as he could all the time he'd be at a far better club.

Think you mean bigger club, or better team.

There are no better clubs 😉

we are hibs
08-05-2016, 02:13 PM

:faf:

and people say opinions cant be wrong...

not deluded like you pair clearly. He's not good enough at this level. He's a shocking player. Liam Craig was better last season. Least he didn't give the ball away in his own half every single game.

MWHIBBIES
08-05-2016, 02:15 PM
not deluded like you pair clearly. He's not good enough at this level. He's a shocking player. Liam Craig was better last season. Least he didn't give the ball away in his own half every single game.
Sorry but you are the deluded one mate :faf: Shocking player :faf:

He is more than good enough at this level, delighted you aren't manager.

bigwheel
08-05-2016, 02:16 PM

:confused::confused::confused:

you've got a great eye for a player -keep it up..I hear SKY MNF are looking for someone to buddy up with Jamie Carragher - keep by your phone

we are hibs
08-05-2016, 02:51 PM
Sorry but you are the deluded one mate :faf: Shocking player :faf:

He is more than good enough at this level, delighted you aren't manager.

He is shocking. Another one who is good enough in the eyes of some because he runs about, just like Stevenson. Whilst moaning about players who are actually talented and hounding them out the door, like Malonga.

MWHIBBIES
08-05-2016, 02:59 PM
He is shocking. Another one who is good enough in the eyes of some because he runs about, just like Stevenson. Whilst moaning about players who are actually talented and hounding them out the door, like Malonga.I liked Malonga and there is far more to Stevenson and Fyvie than running about.

As I said, delighted you aren't our manager. Fyvie is an excellent young player who has been very good since joining Hibs, a few misplaced passes don't change that.

we are hibs
08-05-2016, 03:02 PM
I liked Malonga and there is far more to Stevenson and Fyvie than running about.

As I said, delighted you aren't our manager. Fyvie is an excellent young player who has been very good since joining Hibs, a few misplaced passes don't change that.

More than a few. And in parts of the pitch that either costs us or puts us on the back foot. He should've been emptied after that embarrassment at Ibrox in December imo. shameful way for a hibs player to behave, not to mention; unsurprisingly the fact he lost the ball and cost us a goal in the same game.

Pete
08-05-2016, 03:21 PM
Fyvie is a good young player who is a real asset to our club.

Glad to have him and hope he sticks around.

MWHIBBIES
08-05-2016, 04:13 PM
More than a few. And in parts of the pitch that either costs us or puts us on the back foot. He should've been emptied after that embarrassment at Ibrox in December imo. shameful way for a hibs player to behave, not to mention; unsurprisingly the fact he lost the ball and cost us a goal in the same game.:faf:

Now I know you are trolling, no one is that stupid.

hibee1875
08-05-2016, 04:24 PM
I honestly can't believe people think FF is a terrible player. Given recent performances if he's a terrible player what does that make McGinn? Since returning from injury he's been up there for the motm award each game. Some people just can't get that slack pass at ibrox out their heads.

He dictates our play and breaks up the oppositions. Brilliant player and we're lucky to have him. If he hadn't had that injury we'd have still been pushing for the title.

Aldo
08-05-2016, 05:35 PM
More than a few. And in parts of the pitch that either costs us or puts us on the back foot. He should've been emptied after that embarrassment at Ibrox in December imo. shameful way for a hibs player to behave, not to mention; unsurprisingly the fact he lost the ball and cost us a goal in the same game.

Dear o Dear. So taking your comment above into context, you have said that he should go because he lost a ball and it cost us s goal. Going by this you would have every player that loses a ball that turns into a goal let go by the club??

What about the 2 interceptions he made in our box as a resulting him reading the game and cutting the ball out!

You unfortunately only ever see the bad points and not the off the ball running!

Alfred E Newman
08-05-2016, 05:55 PM

No another one!
Cummings is pish, Stokes is Pish, Stevenson is pish, Hanlon is pish, Oxley is pish, Thomson is pish.
Only at Hibs, if they are not pish they are blawin oot their erse.

The_Horde
08-05-2016, 06:15 PM

Fyvie is a much better player than Bartley.

Heisenberg
08-05-2016, 06:16 PM

I agree. Bartley is good at what he does but Fyvie is more essential in making sure we work as a team. He's involved in everything.

MWHIBBIES
08-05-2016, 06:17 PM
Fyvie is a much better player than Bartley.He is but sometimes football isn't what wins games. Both have a big part to play in our end of season run in.

Smartie
08-05-2016, 06:18 PM

Fyvie is a totally different player to Bartley.

Both have their strengths and weaknesses but both are very valuable members of our squad.

I'm mystified why it's often seen that we play either Fyvie or Bartley as they are different types of player.

Jonnyboy
08-05-2016, 06:21 PM
He is shocking. Another one who is good enough in the eyes of some because he runs about, just like Stevenson. Whilst moaning about players who are actually talented and hounding them out the door, like Malonga.

Remind me exactly how Malonga was hounded 'out the door'

hibeerealist
08-05-2016, 06:22 PM

Liam Craig a better player than FF, I best go and lie down as I am clearly missing something !!!!!

WTF

JimBHibees
08-05-2016, 06:24 PM

Absolute rot.

The_Horde
08-05-2016, 06:26 PM
Fyvie is a totally different player to Bartley.

Both have their strengths and weaknesses but both are very valuable members of our squad.

I'm mystified why it's often seen that we play either Fyvie or Bartley as they are different types of player.

You're right. I just find Fyvie to be more effective. Results since his return back this up.

Smartie
08-05-2016, 06:36 PM
You're right. I just find Fyvie to be more effective. Results since his return back this up.

Fyvie is more useful to us when we're expected to be on the front foot and beat teams (as we are whilst we're in this division).

Bartley is a brilliant spoiler though and I think I'd prefer him for games where we're underdogs and expected to soak up pressure/ need to win the ball back a lot.

I'm very happy to have both though and I'm mystified at the abuse Fyvie seems to get.

I agree that it is no coincidence our results picked up when he came back into the side.

The Green Goblin
08-05-2016, 06:40 PM

"Hounded out" - .net FACT no. 67

jacomo
08-05-2016, 06:53 PM
My take on it is that we really missed Fyvie over the past few months.

Had he played the LC Final instead of Katie, I reckon we'd have won it.

we are hibs
08-05-2016, 11:13 PM
Dear o Dear. So taking your comment above into context, you have said that he should go because he lost a ball and it cost us s goal. Going by this you would have every player that loses a ball that turns into a goal let go by the club??

What about the 2 interceptions he made in our box as a resulting him reading the game and cutting the ball out!

You unfortunately only ever see the bad points and not the off the ball running!

Im saying he should've been emptied because of the way he acted with Halliday. Embarrassing stuff from a Hibs player.

we are hibs
08-05-2016, 11:16 PM

Too lazy. ***** attitude. Wasn't that when he put the ball in the back of the net. No wonder he wanted to leave and go back to Italy when fans were constantly getting on his back at games.

we are hibs
08-05-2016, 11:19 PM
No another one!
Cummings is pish, Stokes is Pish, Stevenson is pish, Hanlon is pish, Oxley is pish, Thomson is pish.
Only at Hibs, if they are not pish they are blawin oot their erse.

When did I say Cummings, stokes or Hanlon were pish? It's a supporters forum and I'm entitled to my opinion and if I want to say they're pish then I will. Sorry if it doesn't suit people's agendas on here.

MWHIBBIES
08-05-2016, 11:20 PM
Im saying he should've been emptied because of the way he acted with Halliday. Embarrassing stuff from a Hibs player.Only one who should be embarrassed around here is you.

You actually think a player should have been sacked, at great expense to Hibs (not just financially, losing a top quality player as well) for a daft reaction to someone squaring up to him? You are surely trolling?

We should be fighting to keep players like Fraser Fyvie, not ''emptying them''...

we are hibs
08-05-2016, 11:24 PM
Only one who should be embarrassed around here is you.

You actually think a player should have been sacked, at great expense to Hibs (not just financially, losing a top quality player as well) for a daft reaction to someone squaring up to him? You are surely trolling?

We should be fighting to keep players like Fraser Fyvie, not ''emptying them''...

There is honestly no point. I'll come back in a few months and bump this thread when Hibs fans start to realise he's not good enough and see if you've also woken up to the fact he's a liability.

Callum_62
08-05-2016, 11:30 PM
Fyvie was good on Saturday, and in general is big asset to our midfield

His passing went a bit off 2nd half, but he was vital at helping with the dog work, and he covered some amount of grass

I like him and Dylan together

truehibernian
08-05-2016, 11:33 PM
Fyvie was good on Saturday, and in general is big asset to our midfield

His passing went a bit off 2nd half, but he was vital at helping with the dog work, and he covered some amount of grass

I like him and Dylan together

First name on the team sheet for me - midfield had no balance with him missing. Vital player.

MWHIBBIES
08-05-2016, 11:37 PM
There is honestly no point. I'll come back in a few months and bump this thread when Hibs fans start to realise he's not good enough and see if you've also woken up to the fact he's a liability.:faf:

You talk as if you are some seer who knows a great truth. Back in reality Fyvie is a quality player and will be even better in a few months, hopefully he is still here then.

Libby Hibby
09-05-2016, 05:32 AM
I like Fyvie and I see his value to the side.

He's box to box, he industrious, he drives us forward and he is always showing for the ball.

But I can also see why some get frustrated by him.

He sometimes loses possession in dangerous areas, his passing sometimes appears lazy, he sometimes chooses the wrong option but all these become aparrant more often with him as he is on the ball so much more than others.

Give me FF over Liam Craig, Scott Robertsn, Gary Deegan, john Rankin and the likes any day of the week.

MickeyEdwards
09-05-2016, 05:46 AM
There is honestly no point. I'll come back in a few months and bump this thread when Hibs fans start to realise he's not good enough and see if you've also woken up to the fact he's a liability.

You need to get to Specsavers to get your spectacle prescription checked as a matter of urgency!

Fyvie would always start in my Hibs team!

Callum_62
09-05-2016, 06:28 AM
at just turned 23 too - hes only going to get better

We will be lucky to hold onto him next year

blackpoolhibs
09-05-2016, 06:37 AM

Andy74 slaughtered him every week, no idea what he'd done to him, pumped his bird probably. :wink:

Aldo
09-05-2016, 06:41 AM
Im saying he should've been emptied because of the way he acted with Halliday. Embarrassing stuff from a Hibs player.

Error of judgement, just plain stupid we've all been there.

Let me know where you work and the next time you do something embarrassing I'll ask your boss to punt you because your an embarrassment to you company!!

Think you best give up because the hole your digging is getting bigger!

LustForLeith
09-05-2016, 06:46 AM
I like Fyvie and I see his value to the side.

He's box to box, he industrious, he drives us forward and he is always showing for the ball.

But I can also see why some get frustrated by him.

He sometimes loses possession in dangerous areas, his passing sometimes appears lazy, he sometimes chooses the wrong option but all these become aparrant more often with him as he is on the ball so much more than others.

Give me FF over Liam Craig, Scott Robertsn, Gary Deegan, john Rankin and the likes any day of the week.

Agree with this. Frustrates me as sometimes it appears his first touch could be better but when he's in form he's a massive influence on the park.

calumhibee1
09-05-2016, 07:34 AM
He never hides.

This bit is what annoys me. Cummings especially is only 20 years old and has scored nearly 50 goals in the last two seasons. Yet there's multiple people around me who you can tell when the ball comes in his direction are almost hoping he ****s it up so they can have a pop at him. It almost beggars belief. I've no doubt in my mind that while he's capable of doing something stupid (pen in the semi) that's down to the levels of confidence/arrogance that he has.. and if he didn't have that, he'd have scored nowhere near the amount he has. As for Fyvie I feel he can be a bit inconsistent but there's no doubting that he's a valuable player to our squad and most teams in Scotland would love to have him.

Jonnyboy
09-05-2016, 08:26 AM
Too lazy. ***** attitude. Wasn't that when he put the ball in the back of the net. No wonder he wanted to leave and go back to Italy when fans were constantly getting on his back at games.

He didn't leave because some fans couldn't see how good he was. The reasons he left are well documented.

pacoluna
10-05-2016, 09:31 PM
Wish the support would get of his effing back!!!

bigwheel
10-05-2016, 09:35 PM

Thought he was our best midfielder tonight. Top shift !

J-C
10-05-2016, 09:36 PM

Absolutely nothing but support coming from the east, in fact there was a lot positive stuff being shouted to all the players, particularly in the 2nd half, I personally thought he had a cracking game tonight.

B.H.F.C
10-05-2016, 09:37 PM
Played well tonight.

Callum_62
10-05-2016, 09:37 PM
He help swing that game in our favour 2nd half

Great shift

MWHIBBIES
10-05-2016, 09:39 PM
Ran the game

FromTheCapital
10-05-2016, 09:44 PM
Excellent performance tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
10-05-2016, 09:50 PM
I thought he was the main reason for how we played in the 2nd half.

Deek9
10-05-2016, 09:56 PM
Wish we had more players with his attitude, done well tonight and never hides even if having a poorer game.

eastterrace
10-05-2016, 09:59 PM
Pish poor player who constantly gives the ball away. Don't get this "never hides nonsense" either cause as soon as something goes wrong he moans at someone else. Hopefully he won't be here next season. noticed in the second half when he couldn't be arsed keeping the ball in, he turned to gray and started moaning at him who was further away than him. yeh your right he is mince , let's bring back rowan vine

HibbiesandtheBaddies
10-05-2016, 10:00 PM

Dylan is a better player than both of them. Maybe we should play 11 McGeouchs?

Is that how football works? Easy game. Stubbsy, gies a shout when your offski, i'll take the gig.

Thecat23
10-05-2016, 10:01 PM
Like most of the players in that first half he wasn't the best but thought he done very well second half. One thing I like about him he never hides away. Some just fold after a bad pass but not him.

MickeyEdwards
10-05-2016, 10:16 PM

I've said this a number of times in the last couple of weeks, but from your tone, we will just have to disagree.

Fyvie would be in my starting eleven every week!

We missed him (and Dylan) hugely when they were out injured during that horrible period when we could hardly win a match!

Smartie
10-05-2016, 10:16 PM
I rarely watch games from behind the goal but went in the FF stand tonight - the queue at the East Stand pod was too long.

It might have looked like Fyvie was struggling in the first half but from the angle I was watching the game at it was incredible how few options he had when he was on the ball. No movement, nobody wanting the ball, nothing. He'd hold onto it forever hoping something would open up but it never did.

I don't know what changed in the second half but we wed a different side and he was a different player. I thought his energy was driving us on, he won it back early when we lost the ball and his passing was top-notch.

He's exactly the kind of player we need in high pressure tight matches like these but he can't do it himself - he needs more to happen further up the park to help him.

O'Rourke3
10-05-2016, 11:08 PM
I rarely watch games from behind the goal but went in the FF stand tonight - the queue at the East Stand pod was too long.

It might have looked like Fyvie was struggling in the first half but from the angle I was watching the game at it was incredible how few options he had when he was on the ball. No movement, nobody wanting the ball, nothing. He'd hold onto it forever hoping something would open up but it never did.

I don't know what changed in the second half but we wed a different side and he was a different player. I thought his energy was driving us on, he won it back early when we lost the ball and his passing was top-notch.

He's exactly the kind of player we need in high pressure tight matches like these but he can't do it himself - he needs more to happen further up the park to help him.

Clear from the West no one was making the runs or dropping for the ball. 2 mins into the second half someone behind me was asking for him to get punted out the club, not the game. I have to occasionally shake my head at my fellow Hibbees....

KWJ
11-05-2016, 02:52 AM
Had a good game today and would probably only have big Daz ahead of him for MotM for me.

His passing was much better, only mind one going properly astray when he went for the difficult reverse ball to Gray.

And he was his usual spoiler for Falkirk as well as being all over the pitch.