PDA

View Full Version : How we play against falkirk

Unseen work
07-05-2016, 02:11 PM
Not like we did today for a start.

We were busy and scored 2 early goals, one was very lucky.

However we never made it difficult enough for them imo.

We need pace and width against falkirk to beat them, get in behind them and make them worry.

They will be wanting us to play a diamond as they know we will struggle.

Need to start Boyle imo

Thecat23
07-05-2016, 02:13 PM

We need pace and width against falkirk to beat them, get in behind them and make them worry.

Need to start Boyle imo

I'd take the way we played today. Won 2-0, clean sheet, many did they have on target?

Stop picking on everything negative and praise them for getting through no??

Northernhibee
07-05-2016, 02:14 PM
Mental.

Stewboy
07-05-2016, 02:16 PM

Need to start Boyle imo

Really?

Sorry for ruining your Saturday by going through

Unseen work
07-05-2016, 02:16 PM
I'd take the way we played today. Won 2-0, clean sheet, many did they have on target?

Stop picking on everything negative and praise them for getting through no??

I have praised them, but we should be beating Raith.

All I have said is play that team, and that style against falkirk and I can't see it working.

Our defending was iffy at times and we never created much.

If anyone thinks a performance like today will be enough to get past falkirk they are underestimating them.

Too many slack passes and players careless in possession

Thecat23
07-05-2016, 02:17 PM
Mental.

It's becoming embarrassing. I actually now think some want us to lose so they can see the pressure on Stubbs.

Unseen work
07-05-2016, 02:17 PM
Really?

Sorry for ruining your Saturday by going through

You honestly think if we play like we did today against falkirk we will go through?

Northernhibee
07-05-2016, 02:18 PM
Stubbs out, Unseen Work in.

Unseen work
07-05-2016, 02:18 PM
It's becoming embarrassing. I actually now think some want us to lose so they can see the pressure on Stubbs.

Where have I slated the team?

All I have said is we need to change how we play against falkirk

Thecat23
07-05-2016, 02:19 PM

All I have said is play that team, and that style against falkirk and I can't see it working.

If anyone thinks a performance like today will be enough to get past falkirk they are underestimating them.

If that's the case I've read your post all wrong. I still think Falkirk are poor and we'll beat them on Tuesday. Surely you can see why folk are a bit pissed at this as it looks like you were saying we aren't good enough to beat Falkirk playing like that today. More than capable imo.

rotherhamrob
Same as we did a couple of weeks ago, without the last 5 mins of course.

Thecat23
Where have I slated the team?

All I have said is we need to change how we play against falkirk

As I just said, I must have read the post wrong!

Thecat23
07-05-2016, 02:20 PM
You honestly think if we play like we did today against falkirk we will go through?

100% Yes.

Unseen work
07-05-2016, 02:22 PM
If that's the case I've read your post all wrong. I still think Falkirk are poor and we'll beat them on Tuesday. Surely you can see why folk are a bit pissed at this as it looks like you were saying we aren't good enough to beat Falkirk playing like that today. More than capable imo.

We are more than capable of beating falkirk and I think we will.

But I can see us going 352 with bartley coming back into the fold and trying to be more solid and physical.

Today was a good win and we started and controlled the game well. You could see the nerves coming in and the game opening up for raith in the last 20 minutes however

Northernhibee
07-05-2016, 02:23 PM
Raith were always going to go hell for leather in the last twenty and put us under pressure. We absorbed the lot.

Dashing Bob S
07-05-2016, 02:24 PM
Stubbs out, Unseen Work in.

What's Brian Kerr doing these days?

Thecat23
07-05-2016, 02:24 PM
We are more than capable of beating falkirk and I think we will.

But I can see us going 352 with bartley coming back into the fold and trying to be more solid and physical.

Today was a good win and we started and controlled the game well. You could see the nerves coming in and the game opening up for raith in the last 20 minutes however

I hope he brings in Gunnerson as well. Think he's solid and would handle Falkirk no bother.

Unseen work
07-05-2016, 02:25 PM
I hope he brings in Gunnerson as well. Think he's solid and would handle Falkirk no bother.

Agreed, plus he offers a goal threat

HibsMax
07-05-2016, 02:26 PM

I'm not picking on you, or even your post, but I have heard what Hibs should be doing many times. We aren't entitled to anything. Just because we would like Hibs to play a certain way and beat certain teams, we don't automatically deserve to.

I'll take the win even though it was a lot tighter than it needed to be.

Oh yeah, and the ref made some shocking decisions today.

Brightside
07-05-2016, 02:26 PM

Need to start Boyle imo

wow. the first 30 mins is how we should play every game!!

Hibernia&Alba
07-05-2016, 02:28 PM
Attack, attack.......attack, attack, attack!

CallumHibs07
07-05-2016, 02:30 PM
Raith were so wasteful today, Falkirk would've probably got a goal towards the end there. We sat back far too early in the second half. Pleased to get through but we can't just assume everything was perfect because we won.

Unseen work
07-05-2016, 02:31 PM
wow. the first 30 mins is how we should play every game!!

I agree, unfortunately a game last 90 as we found out last time we played falkirk.

I'm not having a dig at how we played today, we got the job done and that's all that matters.

Just I don't think that style of play and set up is how we should play against falkirk and I don't think stubbs will keep it the same as today

Unseen work
07-05-2016, 02:32 PM
Raith were so wasteful today, Falkirk would've probably got a goal towards the end there. We sat back far too early in the second half. Pleased to get through but we can't just assume everything was perfect because we won.

Exactly my point.

CL0762
07-05-2016, 02:40 PM
Jesus Christ. Picking faults in a win.

I couldn't give a flying ****** how we go about our business in these games as long as we win. That's the most important thing.

Unseen work
07-05-2016, 02:43 PM
Jesus Christ. Picking faults in a win.

I couldn't give a flying ****** how we go about our business in these games as long as we win. That's the most important thing.

You would rather faults weren't picked up even when we win?

I hope stubbs doesn't have that same belief.

Jonnyboy
07-05-2016, 02:45 PM
Our defence restricted them to only one save from Conrad and we scored twice, hit the post and made Curhbert save a few.

HibsNutter
07-05-2016, 02:47 PM
Jesus christ, we did what we had to do. Would you rather we went full pelt and had nothing in the tank for a massive game three days later? They managed the game effectively and we're through.

Well done Hibs!!!!!

PercyHibs
07-05-2016, 02:47 PM

I think raith are better than Falkirk. We'll beat Falkirk.

Diclonius
07-05-2016, 02:48 PM
Provided we play against Falkirk the same way as we did for the first 86 minutes of our last game against them, we'll be fine.

pennyhibee
07-05-2016, 02:49 PM
We have the upper hand over Falkirk this season head to head Keep doing that and we will be ok

Stewboy
07-05-2016, 02:50 PM

Easily

Onion
07-05-2016, 02:50 PM
The only thing we need to beat Falkirk is a strong and fair REFEREE !

Falkirk are a bunch of hammer throwers who will lose the plot if we start to get on top. Their attitude will be "if we can't win, then we'll make sure you've no chance in the next round". Houston will have sent out his orders to get stuck right into Hibs from the off. Hibs needs to be able to stand up to their physical attacks.

If I was Stubbs, that's the main message I'd be trying to get across in the media - strong and fair refereeing !

JimBHibees
07-05-2016, 02:53 PM
Raith were always going to go hell for leather in the last twenty and put us under pressure. We absorbed the lot.

Thought we were comfortable for most of the game we wasted the ball on a few breaks however only chance they had was the Longridge one first half. Great win.

ggth
07-05-2016, 02:56 PM

Need to start Boyle imo

spot on, we should be using the full width of the pitch, when we did attack we were too slow because the lack of width,
and last 10-15 mins was pretty poor, way to many defenders, lucky it paid off against a poor Raith Rovers, but failed the last time around against F
Falkirk

Sudds_1
07-05-2016, 02:59 PM
Our defence restricted them to only one save from Conrad and we scored twice, hit the post and made Curhbert save a few.

I'm well pissed off with them and that result.................!!!!

Had us down for a 3-0 win! :-)

Jonnyboy
07-05-2016, 03:46 PM
:greengrin

Heisenberg
07-05-2016, 03:49 PM
Got to win at home to progress i'd say.

The_Horde
07-05-2016, 03:51 PM
Falkirk will be nervy. They are the favourites after all.. We need to press them high.

Falkirk are basically raith but a wee bit better. Same style, just more goals in them.

More than capable of battering them IMO.

CL0762
07-05-2016, 03:53 PM
You would rather faults weren't picked up even when we win?

I hope stubbs doesn't have that same belief.

Yes because the aim of the game is to win matches, especially at this point of the season.

Monts
07-05-2016, 03:53 PM
That was a raith team that were unbeaten in, what, 13 games?

NikGunnarsson
07-05-2016, 04:11 PM
People are kidding on if they think we should play the same, Falkirk play a different style of football and have better players so obviously playing the exact same way will not work. Hopefully we will play with some width by playing Boyle and maybe Carmichael if he is back and hopefully Gunnarsson will play, he will boss Falkirk's "hard men" upfront. Each game is going to be different

CallumHibs07
07-05-2016, 04:19 PM
Falkirk will be nervy. They are the favourites after all.. We need to press them high.

Falkirk are basically raith but a wee bit better. Same style, just more goals in them.

More than capable of battering them IMO.

:faf:

ionahibby
07-05-2016, 04:21 PM
I think Stubbs did the correct thing today changing the team slightly, remember if we continue to go through to play off final he has to keep certain players fresh otherwise we will get far too leggy. Positive with stokes is he has spent half a season on the sidelines so in theory should be a lot fresher and more energetic.

Greenwich_Hibby
07-05-2016, 04:28 PM
I think Stubbs did the correct thing today changing the team slightly, remember if we continue to go through to play off final he has to keep certain players fresh otherwise we will get far too leggy. Positive with stokes is he has spent half a season on the sidelines so in theory should be a lot fresher and more energetic.

And if our strikers resist the temptation to keep dropping deep to be playmakers, we will be sound....

Sammy7nil
07-05-2016, 04:37 PM
If Stubbs plays Jason and Stokes AGAIN his judgement really must be questioned. Jason without a goal is a man short he was terrible today even pulling out of tackles. Keatings held the ball up more in 5 minutes than Jason did in 75mins.
I know Jason is a good player and scores lots but i really think in tight battles like this he should be watching the majority of the game from the bench.

B.H.F.C
07-05-2016, 04:43 PM
Diamond has been criticised at times and rightly so. But with McGeough in it we are a different team. We started well today, we need to do the same on Tuesday regardless of the system.

Toldo123
07-05-2016, 04:45 PM
My big worry for the Falkirk game is the fatigue of our players. After an hour today it looked like they were playing on fumes. Another hard game on Tuesday night and I fear on Friday we will be really tired. I think we need to work on the principle that we need a lead to take there. Today was quite a physical match with our midfield guys really getting up and down the park well. Fingers crossed though !!!!!

gaz1875
07-05-2016, 04:47 PM
I think raith are better than Falkirk. We'll beat Falkirk.

I agree, if we are fortunate to go a goal up Falkirk won't push everyone forward like the league game. They have one main tactic Hoooooffffff

ekhibee
07-05-2016, 05:33 PM
I would tend to agree with Unseen Work, IMO I don't think today's tactics would work against Falkirk, but I do think we need to show them up for what they are, particularly at their ground. Counterattack them at pace, using players like Boyle. Just my opinion.

cabbageandribs1875
07-05-2016, 05:37 PM
falkirk play some decent football, they're certainly a better footballing side than Raith(imo) they're also a bit better at fouling

Andy74
07-05-2016, 05:37 PM
I would tend to agree with Unseen Work, IMO I don't think today's tactics would work against Falkirk, but I do think we need to show them up for what they are, particularly at their ground. Counterattack them at pace, using players like Boyle. Just my opinion.

Agree. First 20 was good. Stokes and Cummings just puzzle me at the moment. We didn't bring Stokes in to chase stuff around and do nice flicks 40 yards from goal.

We will need to play better next week.

Dalianwanda
07-05-2016, 05:41 PM
My big worry for the Falkirk game is the fatigue of our players. After an hour today it looked like they were playing on fumes. Another hard game on Tuesday night and I fear on Friday we will be really tired. I think we need to work on the principle that we need a lead to take there. Today was quite a physical match with our midfield guys really getting up and down the park well. Fingers crossed though !!!!!

I was watching on Hibstv and for the second half just kept thinking we're doing great for how ****ed we were..it was a very professional performance and to say 'we won't win if we play like that' is rubbish..different days, different teams...there's no comparison and a lot of ifs and buts..

GreenLake
07-05-2016, 05:57 PM
The only thing we need to beat Falkirk is a strong and fair REFEREE !

Falkirk are a bunch of hammer throwers who will lose the plot if we start to get on top. Their attitude will be "if we can't win, then we'll make sure you've no chance in the next round". Houston will have sent out his orders to get stuck right into Hibs from the off. Hibs needs to be able to stand up to their physical attacks.

If I was Stubbs, that's the main message I'd be trying to get across in the media - strong and fair refereeing !

Houston will have them hacking us off the park in the first play off a few days before our Scottish Cup final.

jgl07
07-05-2016, 06:02 PM
Exactly my point.

You are a little bundle of joy!

number9dream
07-05-2016, 06:15 PM

Also agree. Falkirk will shell a lot of crosses in and a bit of extra height might help. Also offers more goal threat than Gray, although our captain should have scored today...

Hi Heid Yin
07-05-2016, 06:30 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again: Falkirk have not beaten us at all this season, despite their best attempts.
We are in their heads. The psychological battle has been won by us.
They know they got out of jail a few weeks ago with those two headed goals. We simply switched off, thinking we'd won the game. We will not do the same again.

BoomtownHibees
07-05-2016, 06:30 PM

Pish