PDA

View Full Version : Hibsed it

Hibernia&Alba
07-05-2016, 02:01 PM
To Hibs it: "To end Hearts' season in the Scottish cup, go on to reach the final and progress in the play offs".

Pleasing. :flag:

GreenArmy1875
07-05-2016, 02:19 PM
Don't get to ahead of ourselves. We have achieved nothing yet.

HibsMax
07-05-2016, 02:22 PM
True enough but we've achieved as much as we could have to this point (given that we didn't win the league outright).

Edit: OK, losing the League Cup final was a disappointment.

Hibernia&Alba
07-05-2016, 02:25 PM

Aye, Falkirk are going to be a real test, but it's so far so good.

Smartie
07-05-2016, 02:34 PM
We've ground out a lot more impressive results from difficult situations this season than we have squandered winning positions.

I know what it means in mind to "Hibs it" and I'm sure it differs to the reason chosen by supporters whose team threw away a 2-0 half-time lead against their lower division rivals at home earlier this season.

They should just focus on turning their sprinklers on in downpours and cancelling games due to the squirts. It's what they do best.

Joe6-2
07-05-2016, 03:08 PM
Aye, Falkirk are going to be a real test, but it's so far so good.

How far have we fallen, when this is the case??

Pete
07-05-2016, 03:11 PM

Yeah, that's the first thing on my mind too. :rolleyes:

Maybe it's because Falkirk will be fresher than us.

hibs0666
07-05-2016, 03:14 PM

Yamtastic!

HibbyRod
07-05-2016, 03:15 PM
To Hibs it: "To end Hearts' season in the Scottish cup, go on to reach the final and progress in the play offs".

Pleasing. :flag:

Do we really have to perpetuate this jambo inspired utter Crap?

Hibernia&Alba
07-05-2016, 03:21 PM
Do we really have to perpetuate this jambo inspired utter Crap?

I think you've missed the point, Rod :na na:

HibbyRod
07-05-2016, 03:34 PM
I think you've missed the point, Rod :na na:

Eh, naw ... no really.

I get the Hearts dig, etc. Just don't like the "hibsed it" bit as it is just chronic Jambo p**h!

No need for Hibby's dragging it up, and wish Hibbies would cut it out. :rolleyes:

Pete
07-05-2016, 03:36 PM
Eh, naw ... no really.

I get the Hearts dig, etc. Just don't like the "hibsed it" bit as it is just chronic Jambo p**h!

No need for Hibby's dragging it up, and wish Hibbies would cut it out. :rolleyes:

I get your point. Even mentioning it is giving it gravity it doesn't deserve.

Harmless intention from a good poster though. :thumbsup:

Hibernia&Alba
07-05-2016, 03:37 PM
Eh, naw ... no really.

Their pathetic definition (complete with some bizarre talk of a dictionary entry) is laughable. We have the possibility to re-define the term as used in the vernacular. If we can get out of this division and even, perhaps, win the cup, they'll not mention it again.

jacomo
07-05-2016, 03:38 PM

I remember Falkirk beating Mowbray's all stars. They have often presented us with a challenge.

hibees 7062
07-05-2016, 03:42 PM

Exactly , Raith are as good as them

Joe's ice cream
07-05-2016, 03:48 PM
The woman presenting the Sportscene results show was just basically laughing at the fact we didn't 'hibsed' it 😳 Totally unacceptable that a national broadcaster should be referring to this term- it's not even funny anymore

Hibernia&Alba
07-05-2016, 03:51 PM
The woman presenting the Sportscene results show was just basically laughing at the fact we didn't 'hibsed' it  Totally unacceptable that a national broadcaster should be referring to this term- it's not even funny anymore

Didn't see it. The only way to stop it is by achieving on the pitch.