PDA

View Full Version : Falkirk

Diclonius
07-05-2016, 01:24 PM
Hope we absolutely pump this team of hammer throwers and their manager.

Never since Hearts have I more wanted us to shut a team up.

TheReg!
07-05-2016, 01:28 PM
F##k Falkirk

Ozyhibby
07-05-2016, 01:38 PM
Be nice to shut Houston up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
07-05-2016, 01:39 PM
The new Airdrie.

Onion
07-05-2016, 01:45 PM
Falkirk would have been praying for a Raith win.

Payback time, Houston.

GreenLake
07-05-2016, 01:47 PM

Payback time, Houston.

They were hoping we won after extra time if we did beat them. Stubbs strategy of winning in 90 minutes will help.

heretoday
07-05-2016, 01:50 PM
They were hoping we won after extra time if we did beat them. Stubbs strategy of winning in 90 minutes will help.

"Stubbs strategy" - I like it.:LOL:

CmoantheHibs
07-05-2016, 01:50 PM
Must admit I have acquired healthy disrespect and dislike for them over the last couple of years. Think baldy bigmouth is the main reason but he has dragged his players into his anti Hibs obsession. Really think we will hump them and will enjoy it so much.

Alex Trager
07-05-2016, 01:52 PM
Must admit I have acquired healthy disrespect and dislike for them over the last couple of years. Think baldy bigmouth is the main reason but he has dragged his players into his anti Hibs obsession. Really think we will hump them and will enjoy it so much.

This. Not so sure we will hump them. Hope you're right

Unseen work
07-05-2016, 01:53 PM
I don't want to just beat them.

I want to humiliate them.

Every single player in the squad should feel the same after losing out on 2nd place to them and watching there celebrations in the last game.

Bostonhibby
07-05-2016, 01:53 PM
A lot depends on the extent to which they are allowed to assault us and how tight the game is in the last fifteen minutes. Love to beat anti football teams but the referee needs to deal with the assaults.

Michael
07-05-2016, 01:54 PM

Credit to Stubbs - his tactic of winning the game by 2 clear goals was spot on. I hope we try something similar against Falkirk.

essexhibee
07-05-2016, 01:55 PM
They aren't no ****jng Real Madrid either. Nothing to fear at all if we play at our best and raise are game further from where we are at we will win.

My_Wife_Camille
07-05-2016, 01:57 PM
Pish team from a pish town with a pish manager in a pish stadium with pish fans.

Hope or we pump them silly

rotherhamrob
07-05-2016, 02:00 PM
A lot depends on the extent to which they are allowed to assault us and how tight the game is in the last fifteen minutes. Love to beat anti football teams but the referee needs to deal with the assaults.

This 100%, especially the thug Lee Miller.

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-05-2016, 02:01 PM
Unfortunately it is goals that count and not personal abuse and pointless jibes. FWIW I think that Falkirk believe that they have our number. I think that we will prove them wrong.

Dashing Bob S
07-05-2016, 02:02 PM
I can't really get on board with the Falkirk hate-in. We can rationalise about 'Houston' and 'anti-football' all we like, all they've done is have the audacity to pip us for second spot and fight hard for 90 mins. If our team had the same attitude as them for EVERY game, we have been out of sight of Rangers, never mind Falkirk.

They've done very well this season, they have guts, pride and no little skill in the likes of Sibbald.

If we match them for passion over two legs, we'll beat them. If we fanny around they will edge us out.

Stax
07-05-2016, 02:10 PM
They've been lucky any time they've got anything against us. Houston however would have us believe he's a tactical genius. Time to put this bunch of cloggers in their place and Houston & all his media cheerleaders with them. GGTTH

Northernhibee
07-05-2016, 02:13 PM
Falkirk will be more difficult than the team in 11th IMO. Get past them and the world is our oyster.

Dashing Bob S
07-05-2016, 02:22 PM
Falkirk will be more difficult than the team in 11th IMO. Get past them and the world is our oyster.

I'm not sure. Johnny Hun fancied his chances against Motherwell after scrapping through against us, but had no gas in the tank after the punishing schedule of play-offs. He received a rather unseemly biffing.

Prof. Shaggy
07-05-2016, 02:29 PM
I'm not sure. Johnny Hun fancied his chances against Motherwell after scrapping through against us, but had no gas in the tank after the punishing schedule of play-offs. He received a rather unseemly biffing.

It must also be remembered that Johnny was mince.

pennyhibee
07-05-2016, 02:31 PM
This will be the same Falkirk team who finished second and reckon they have Hibs number ,but seem to forget they haven't beaten Hibs this season . Don't listen to all this Houston s--t about budgets etc,the pressure is all on them

sbell1875
07-05-2016, 02:33 PM
I don't actually mind Falkirk, it's that welt Houston I can't stand.

Unseen work
07-05-2016, 02:35 PM
Jason loves a goal against them.

Looking forward to seeing him go raj when he does again in the play offs

buktapurple79
07-05-2016, 03:01 PM

Payback time, Houston.

Yip - Houston you WILL have a problem. We'll do them in both games.

There are scores to be settled here.

Borderhibbie76
07-05-2016, 07:29 PM

I agree... I firmly believe whoever wins this will go up

Viva_Palmeiras
07-05-2016, 08:20 PM
I agree... I firmly believe whoever wins this will go up

Hmm plastic pitches likely to contend with...
Since it's Killie we should wheel in Riordan as iirc he fired in more goals against them than other teams.

Lago
07-05-2016, 08:24 PM
The new Airdrie.
Can remember the old Airdrie giving us some trouble in the past.

Sir David Gray
07-05-2016, 08:27 PM
Pish team from a pish town with a pish manager in a pish stadium with pish fans.

:tsk tsk::slipper:

:greengrin

cleanyman
07-05-2016, 08:27 PM
Will be an extremely tight game.

One goal either way will settle it

KJust don't get bogged down in midfield and we will be fine

Mr White
07-05-2016, 08:28 PM
Can remember the old Airdrie giving us some trouble in the past.

We beat them home and away in playoffs though so hopefully a good sign :greengrin

Glory Lurker
07-05-2016, 08:29 PM
We beat them home and away in playoffs though so hopefully a good sign :greengrin

Aye, then beat them in all four games in D1 a couple of seasons later.

TRC
07-05-2016, 08:38 PM
Hopefully we can batter them in the first leg 4-0 or something and change it up a bit in the 2nd leg

Sir David Gray
07-05-2016, 08:41 PM
Hopefully we can batter them in the first leg 4-0 or something and change it up a bit in the 2nd leg

I don't see that happening although it would be nice.

I can see it being just as tight as the tie against Raith Rovers.

I don't see there being any more than a goal between the sides, over the two games.

Billy Whizz
07-05-2016, 08:42 PM
I don't see that happening although it would be nice.

I can see it being just as tight as the tie against Raith Rovers.

I don't see there being any more than a goal between the sides, over the two games.

After today I'm really confident about getting past Falkirk. Think we're match ready for Tuesday, and very capable of winning in Falkirk on Friday night as well

Sir David Gray
07-05-2016, 08:54 PM
After today I'm really confident about getting past Falkirk. Think we're match ready for Tuesday, and very capable of winning in Falkirk on Friday night as well

I'm confident of getting past them as well but I don't see either of the matches being as one sided as the previous poster was hoping for.

Glory Lurker
07-05-2016, 08:55 PM

Their goalie off in first minute for preventing goal scoring opportunity, resulting penalty buried. Easy street.

:flag::flag:

SunshineOnLeith
07-05-2016, 09:06 PM
I'm confident of getting past them as well but I don't see either of the matches being as one sided as the previous poster was hoping for.

Tuesday night will be one sided in terms of territory and possession for us, it's up to us to ensure the scoreline reflects it. If we don't, Houstonball may yield an extremely ugly but, from Falkirk's perspective, positive outcome.

eastterrace
07-05-2016, 09:28 PM
Pish team from a pish town with a pish manager in a pish stadium with pish fans. Hope or we pump them silly that's covered that then so what your saying they are just pure pish

Hi Heid Yin
07-05-2016, 09:37 PM
We will beat Falkirk both home and away. We have too much (all over the pitch)for them to handle.
I feel that they will do their best to ruffle us and kick us out of our stride, but our quality will prove telling over two legs.
:flag:

Ringothedog
07-05-2016, 10:01 PM
I can't really get on board with the Falkirk hate-in. We can rationalise about 'Houston' and 'anti-football' all we like, all they've done is have the audacity to pip us for second spot and fight hard for 90 mins. If our team had the same attitude as them for EVERY game, we have been out of sight of Rangers, never mind Falkirk.

They've done very well this season, they have guts, pride and no little skill in the likes of Sibbald.

If we match them for passion over two legs, we'll beat them. If we fanny around they will edge us out.

You do talk mince at times, our players give their all every time, this nonsense that other teams try harder than us has to be put to bed. It is not true.

GreenCastle
07-05-2016, 10:03 PM
We have better players but we need to play as the better team.

Like most teams in this league they make up for the lack of quality with effort.

I except us to dominate Tuesday but we need to be clinical and go ahead to Falkirk with a 1v0 or 2v0 onto that 3G pitch.

Going to be interesting to see how both teams set up. Need to make sure we don't let Mark Kerr win the midfield or Lee Miller score.

I think the Hibs players will be fired up knowing what happened last time and the way the Falkirk fans and players were acting at the end.

Time to bring them back down to earth - should be a great game.

Deansy
07-05-2016, 11:37 PM
I hope Stubbs gets together a collection of all the sly, insulting digs that Houston's had at us and pins them up on the dressing-room walls - there'll be no shortage of material as the wee, Jambo, fxxx-wit is totally unable to do an interview without mentioning us !!

kaimendhibs
08-05-2016, 03:26 AM
We will go through

Fife-Hibee
08-05-2016, 06:45 AM

Love it :)

TRC
08-05-2016, 10:17 PM

Just to add i don't think we will either but it would be nice for once to do things the easy way.

Renfrew_Hibby
08-05-2016, 10:26 PM
Just get out there, play them off the park and gub them.

matty_f
08-05-2016, 10:30 PM
If we play at the top of our game then we have too much for them.

They got out of jail in the 2-2 game - we were much better than them that night.

The ref denying us a clear penalty at Falkirk stopped us taking all three points.

It will be a hard tie, but we are definitely good enough to progress.

Danderhall Hibs
08-05-2016, 10:33 PM

They got out of jail in the 2-2 game - we were much better than them that night.

The ref denying us a clear penalty at Falkirk stopped us taking all three points.

:agree: and the incorrect first half sending off of McGinn in the 1-1 game at ER was costly as well.

We're due a couple of decisions over the next couple of matches. In the interests of evening things out over the season.

monktonharp
08-05-2016, 10:48 PM

If we match them for passion over two legs, we'll beat them. If we fanny around they will edge us out.Alright Bob.I see your point. but, please remember they have Not won more games than us in this league. they have Drawn, much more which tells a bit more about their "style". they have not won more than 1 game against us. we have won more against them. they are, imho "anti-football" and are designed so, by their manager. he is "anti-Hibernian" so much more than to a certain degree. He has made various bad mouth remarks about our club, this season and notoriously after the incrediously lucky result they got at hampden 2 years ago. he is an absolute fud and deserves to be absolutely pumped by us. It will happen.

weecounty hibby
09-05-2016, 05:31 AM
My wife's from Falkirk. I really hate Fakirk!!!!

GordonHFC
09-05-2016, 07:01 AM

I'm from Falkirk and I really hate Falkirk.

Lucius Apuleius
09-05-2016, 07:16 AM
I'm from stirling so really dislike falkirk.

SJM
09-05-2016, 07:55 AM
It's going to be a very tough tie. No switching off and no silly mistakes and a strong contempt ref and we will hopefully go through. We need a win tomorrow though.

seanoheimhin
09-05-2016, 09:17 AM
We really need a strong referee for each game. Not getting in the excuses early, but it will be an uncomfortable watch if we get a bottler in the middle of the pitch.

Any idea who we'll get?

Lucius Apuleius
09-05-2016, 03:15 PM
We really need a strong referee for each game. Not getting in the excuses early, but it will be an uncomfortable watch if we get a bottler in the middle of the pitch.

Any idea who we'll get?

Someone we can give contempt to apparently.

Diclonius
09-05-2016, 03:33 PM

I'm from stirling so really dislike falkirk.

I live in Falkirk and I dislike Falkirk! Only the team, mind. Town's fine. And only under Houston.

Maybe I only dislike Houston. :greengrin

renato
09-05-2016, 06:04 PM

Interestingly Houston (and therefore Sportsound) never mention the stonewaller last time out at their place - it's only hard luck stories and the dodgy pen we got at the first game (forgetting the stonewaller we should have had 5 secs beforehand).

No one at Sportsound picks him up on that point, mind. Not sure what he's done to become the media darling, although I guess that's the natural order on that show, if you're of a maroon persuasion...

Don't have a problem with Falkirk at all but they're due an absolute tanking off us, given the way the games have panned out this season. Can still see it being really tight though.

SkintHibby
09-05-2016, 06:30 PM
Its a sad day when we start despising a no mark club like Falkirk.

Sir David Gray
09-05-2016, 07:54 PM

I'm from Falkirk too and I really dislike Falkirk.

Whenever I see the whole #coyb pish at the end of their sentences, it fills me with utter rage.

Can't stand them.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
09-05-2016, 09:01 PM
Get tae Falkirk !!!

FromTheCapital
09-05-2016, 09:33 PM
Hibs 3-1 Falkirk
Falkirk 2-1 Hibs
My predictions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
09-05-2016, 09:40 PM
You do talk mince at times, our players give their all every time, this nonsense that other teams try harder than us has to be put to bed. It is not true.

We try as hard as them, yet they finish above us.

So:

1. Do they have better players?

2. A more tactically astute manager?

3. Both?

(I'm discounting the 'they have more luck' option, as that's the mantra of losers.)

Dashing Bob S
09-05-2016, 09:43 PM
Alright Bob.I see your point. but, please remember they have Not won more games than us in this league. they have Drawn, much more which tells a bit more about their "style". they have not won more than 1 game against us. we have won more against them. they are, imho "anti-football" and are designed so, by their manager. he is "anti-Hibernian" so much more than to a certain degree. He has made various bad mouth remarks about our club, this season and notoriously after the incrediously lucky result they got at hampden 2 years ago. he is an absolute fud and deserves to be absolutely pumped by us. It will happen.

I doubt we've got a got a pumping in us. I anticipate a closely fought tie.

rodhibs55
09-05-2016, 09:50 PM
Quite simply,we are better than them. Keep the faith.
GGTTH

jgl07
09-05-2016, 09:55 PM
Motherwell were a decent team. They finished third in 2011-12, second in 2012-13 and in 2013-14. They are currently top six. They had one bad season and ended up second bottom last season.

Killie are a poor team and have been one since the departure of Mixu and Kenny Shiels.

I don't buy this 'punishing schedule' argument. Momentum is the key and whoever wins out of Hibs and Falkirk will have it.

Leithenhibby
09-05-2016, 09:59 PM
Motherwell were a decent team. They finished third in 2011-12, second in 2012-13 and in 2013-14. They are currently top six. They had one bad season and ended up second bottom last season.

Killie are a poor team and have been one since the departure of Mixu and Kenny Shiels.

I don't buy this 'punishing schedule' argument. Momentum is the key and whoever wins out of Hibs and Falkirk will have it.

:agree:

hibbysam
09-05-2016, 10:01 PM

So:

3. Both?

(I'm discounting the 'they have more luck' option, as that's the mantra of losers.)

They got pumped in the early rounds of both cups while we went through our rough patch in March, coincided with replays with both hearts and Inverness and the league cup final. It was bound to take its toll and did, while Falkirk, fresh as a daisy, kept up their very good form until late on in season. We'll give them a roasting this week though! Stubbs can then wave Houston off down the tunnel at full time on Friday!

Sir David Gray
09-05-2016, 10:03 PM

If we get past Falkirk then we'll actually have more rest before the Kilmarnock match than Kilmarnock will have as we'll be playing on Friday and Kilmarnock's last match is on Saturday.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
09-05-2016, 10:09 PM

So:

3. Both?

They try harder than us more of the time?

lucky
09-05-2016, 10:14 PM
They try harder than us more of the time?

Yet they've not beat us this season

HibbiesandtheBaddies
09-05-2016, 10:28 PM
Yet they've not beat us this season

Ok. I admit I did go and check the results to corroborate your assertion.

Falkirk haven't beaten us this season.

Yea!

Edinburgher
09-05-2016, 10:43 PM
Every confidence in us winning this game - great home record and Falkirk haven`t beaten us this season whilst being very lucky to get a draw in the last game. I do think that we need to finish it at ER thus giving the team some breathing space, a start like we had against Raith would be great and cutting out the crosses will leave them flummoxed given they are so one-dimensional.

TRC
09-05-2016, 10:44 PM
Had a check on their forum. They seem to think they should have won against us more this season. Tried to say we got all the calls from the ref had to laugh when all they've done is kick lumps in every game.

Sir David Gray
09-05-2016, 10:47 PM
Had a check on their forum. They seem to think they should have won against us more this season. Tried to say we got all the calls from the ref had to laugh when all they've done is kick lumps in every game.

I must have dreamed about the game in January then, when we were denied a stonewall penalty in the 1-1 draw.

Andy74
09-05-2016, 11:00 PM
Falkirk have had their fun. Fully expect to win both games.

hhibs
09-05-2016, 11:36 PM

Im fae Leith but sometimes live in Falkirk,its really not that bad a place.

Houston ,on the other hand, is a **** hole.

Danderhall Hibs
10-05-2016, 06:20 AM
I must have dreamed about the game in January then, when we were denied a stonewall penalty in the 1-1 draw.

Was that the game when McGinn was (incorrectly) sent off and we were down to 10 men for 50 minutes?

JimBHibees
10-05-2016, 06:55 AM
Was that the game when McGinn was (incorrectly) sent off and we were down to 10 men for 50 minutes?

No the one at Falkirk when Leahy flew in and took out McGinn with the ref walking his Labrador close by.

Danderhall Hibs
10-05-2016, 06:58 AM
No the one at Falkirk when Leahy flew in and took out McGinn with the ref walking his Labrador close by.

Right enough - we've had a few costly decisions go against us in games v them.

Hope it evens itself out over the next 2 games.