PDA

View Full Version : Alan Stubbs wants 'jumping' Easter Road atmosphere

theonlywayisup
07-05-2016, 07:26 AM
Suppose a lot will depend on whether we play the tippy tappy let's pass the ball sideways football or a more direct let's get players into the box with lots of crosses and shots football.

The fans will turn up. But which Hibs team will turn up, Alan.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36233770
Hibernian boss Alan Stubbs has urged fans to generate an intimidating atmosphere at Easter Road for their play-off second leg with Raith Rovers.
The Kirkcaldy club hold a 1-0 advantage (http://www.hibs.net/sport/football/36183202) and Stubbs believes a loud and hostile reception can help his team to victory.
"We know what a great atmosphere Easter Road is when it's jumping. It needs to be one of those days," he said.

Stubbs insists there is no more pressure on Hibs despite the obvious danger to their promotion prospects.
"Some people don't like talking about pressure. I don't mind talking about pressure," he told BBC Scotland.
"Pressure should always be there. I walk in every day with pressure to be better than the previous day. And if you haven't got pressure you shouldn't be in the job.
"I want to be better every single day, every single week, every single year. That's me as an individual. I don't need anyone to tell me about pressure."
Stubbs insists their one-goal deficit changes very little in their quest to return to the Premiership, with the winner facing Falkirk at the semi-final stage next Tuesday and Friday.
"We will need to show a degree of patience," he added. "The whole ground will need to show a degree of calmness, patience, excitement and noise. I want to see the whole package.
"That's important because we potentially need one goal and the tie is level, and we will see what happens after that."
'We'll find out how Hibs deal with pressure'Rovers boss Ray McKinnon, meanwhile, believes Hibs' desperation to reach the Premiership could play into his side's hands on Saturday, as they aim to extend their 12-match unbeaten run.
"I think pressure is a funny thing," said McKinnon, who has brushed aside speculation (http://www.hibs.net/sport/football/36203382) linking him with the vacant post at Dundee United.
"Some people deal with it, some people don't. We'll find out how Hibs deal with it.
"Hibs will have to open up and come at us, which may leave them a bit more vulnerable.
"Easter Road will be a nervy place, because I'm pretty sure they don't want to spend another year in this division.
"They're a big club (with) a good manager (and) good players. They will be desperate. They might get a wee bit edgy if they don't get it all their own way."

hibsbollah
07-05-2016, 07:29 AM
Hard to disagree.

I'm sure some helpful poster will be along shortly to point out that it is in some way disrespectful to the opposition and 'will be pinned to the away dressing room wall'

Waxy
07-05-2016, 07:32 AM
The only way we can shut everyone up is by winning. Over to the players now.

Keith_M
07-05-2016, 07:41 AM
The fans always do their bit, but it usually doesn't make much difference, it's the team that usually let us down.

Over to you, Alan.

Hermit Crab
07-05-2016, 07:45 AM
The fans always do their bit, but it usually doesn't make much difference, it's the team that usually let us down.

Over to you, Alan.

Something I agree with that you've posted. Wow :na na:

Keith_M
07-05-2016, 07:46 AM
Something I agree with that you've posted. Wow :na na:

Miracles do happen, Hermit.

:greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-05-2016, 07:49 AM
Standard fare I suppose. Playing down the fact that we are one doesn't really add up for me. No one scores today and we are out of the running. It means we absolutely have to score against a team who will sit in.

Hermit Crab
07-05-2016, 07:51 AM
Standard fare I suppose. Playing down the fact that we are one doesn't really add up for me. No one scores today and we are out of the running. It means we absolutely have to score against a team who will sit in.

A goal in the first 20 and we will take 3 or 4 off of them.

Blaster
07-05-2016, 08:09 AM

That's the spirit HC 😄

Gatecrasher
07-05-2016, 08:12 AM
An early goal would help.

Diclonius
07-05-2016, 08:19 AM
Like this?

https://youtu.be/NpJ-f7H9awo

CABBAGEMAD
07-05-2016, 08:23 AM
early goal would make a nice change and make them change there mindset something we have very rarely done this season against teams who come to defend .:flag:

Allant1981
07-05-2016, 08:24 AM
Hope im wrong but cant see the place jumping today unless we score a very early goal, if we havent scored after about 30 minutes i reckon the atmosphere might start to get a bit heated

GreenCastle
07-05-2016, 08:52 AM
This always happens - score an early goal etc etc.

Bottom line is we need to score 2 - the most important thing is we don't concede - that's where the nerves will be.

Plenty of time in the second half to score 2 goals.

Super_JMcGinn
07-05-2016, 09:00 AM
I have been of the same opinion since Thursday morning Hermit, but we haven't won by 2 goals for the majority of our games this season :confused:

SJM
07-05-2016, 09:09 AM
Please score early doors Hibernian.

Giro Playboy
07-05-2016, 09:13 AM
Miracles do happen, Hermit.

:greengrin Keek, there is a seafood shop on Gorgie Road that sells crabs. Therefore i reckon Hermit Crab might be one of the ''closet yams'' on here that you are obsessed with...........there found one for you:aok:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-05-2016, 09:19 AM
Mckinnons tactics will be to keep it tight, keep the ball as much as they can to frustrate the crowd and try to hit us on the counter, IMO.

high bee
07-05-2016, 09:21 AM
Mckinnons tactics will be to keep it tight, keep the ball as much as they can to frustrate the crowd and try to hit us on the counter, IMO.

Watch out for the time wasting from kick off. Can see it being ridiculous.

cwilliamson85
07-05-2016, 09:28 AM
I think if we get 1 in the first half and don't try and push for a second and get caught on the counter I think we have the squad to beat Raith over 45mins in the second half.

I would also copy what Bayern (and many teams before them) done earlier this week and have lots of ball boys (or girls) ready around the pitch so no time is wasted at throw ins, corners etc. If we set a fast pace tempo this will be an advantage to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

SJM
07-05-2016, 09:30 AM
Watch out for the time wasting from kick off. Can see it being ridiculous.

Don't think BMD is the ref for today. :greengrin

NorthNorfolkHFC
07-05-2016, 09:31 AM
Give us something to jump about then.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-05-2016, 10:22 AM

I don't doubt that at all. We are more than capable of doing that over ninety minutes but we need to score first.

mcfly
07-05-2016, 10:53 AM
Strange no Bartley

This is pressure time for Stubbs though he has to get a result today - losing is unthinkable

judas
07-05-2016, 11:04 AM
Suppose a lot will depend on whether we play the tippy tappy let's pass the ball sideways football or a more direct let's get players into the box with lots of crosses and shots football.

The fans will turn up. But which Hibs team will turn up, Alan.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36233770
Hibernian boss Alan Stubbs has urged fans to generate an intimidating atmosphere at Easter Road for their play-off second leg with Raith Rovers.
The Kirkcaldy club hold a 1-0 advantage (http://www.hibs.net/sport/football/36183202) and Stubbs believes a loud and hostile reception can help his team to victory.
"We know what a great atmosphere Easter Road is when it's jumping. It needs to be one of those days," he said.

Stubbs insists there is no more pressure on Hibs despite the obvious danger to their promotion prospects.
"Some people don't like talking about pressure. I don't mind talking about pressure," he told BBC Scotland.
"Pressure should always be there. I walk in every day with pressure to be better than the previous day. And if you haven't got pressure you shouldn't be in the job.
"I want to be better every single day, every single week, every single year. That's me as an individual. I don't need anyone to tell me about pressure."
Stubbs insists their one-goal deficit changes very little in their quest to return to the Premiership, with the winner facing Falkirk at the semi-final stage next Tuesday and Friday.
"We will need to show a degree of patience," he added. "The whole ground will need to show a degree of calmness, patience, excitement and noise. I want to see the whole package.
"That's important because we potentially need one goal and the tie is level, and we will see what happens after that."
'We'll find out how Hibs deal with pressure'Rovers boss Ray McKinnon, meanwhile, believes Hibs' desperation to reach the Premiership could play into his side's hands on Saturday, as they aim to extend their 12-match unbeaten run.
"I think pressure is a funny thing," said McKinnon, who has brushed aside speculation (http://www.hibs.net/sport/football/36203382) linking him with the vacant post at Dundee United.
"Some people deal with it, some people don't. We'll find out how Hibs deal with it.
"Hibs will have to open up and come at us, which may leave them a bit more vulnerable.
"Easter Road will be a nervy place, because I'm pretty sure they don't want to spend another year in this division.
"They're a big club (with) a good manager (and) good players. They will be desperate. They might get a wee bit edgy if they don't get it all their own way."

It's all very well, but regardless of outcomes this season, Stubbs is leaving the club. Already decided / a done deal.

Luckily we don't need Stubbs to tell us how to support the club.

Diclonius
07-05-2016, 11:14 AM
It's all very well, but regardless of outcomes this season, Stubbs is leaving the club. Already decided / a done deal.

Says who?

Viva_Palmeiras
07-05-2016, 01:34 PM
Ah dontcha just love those internet loaded tidbits that have a time-lag til resolution?

Keith_M
07-05-2016, 01:42 PM

Over to you, Alan.

A big thank you to Alan and the team for the response

:thumbsup: