PDA

View Full Version : Support the team or do one

Jamesconnolly
06-05-2016, 10:49 PM
This forum must be one of the most depressing negative places in football.some of the threads and posts lately are cringeworthy.some of the posters on here are actually relishing the prospect of getting beat tomorrow so they can come on here and spraff the same rubbish.get behind the team or duck off

Onceinawhile
06-05-2016, 11:03 PM
Aye, cause if someone posts something negative on here,the team will see it and deliberately lose.

Thecat23
06-05-2016, 11:06 PM
Aye, cause if someone posts something negative on here,the team will see it and deliberately lose.

Think he is talking about the general feeling on this board. It's been pretty pish lately when we are still right in the thick of it all. Be great to leave out all the Stubbs should go etc until after the final and see where we are.

Carheenlea
06-05-2016, 11:06 PM
Defeat or failure to progress and this site could be carnage tomorrow. For everyone`s sake, both users and admins, the site should go offline for 24 hours to let everyone cool off in the event of the unthinkable.

Thecat23
06-05-2016, 11:08 PM
Defeat or failure to progress and this site could be carnage tomorrow. For everyone`s sake, both users and admins, the site should go offline for 24 hours to let everyone cool off in the event of the unthinkable.

It will be unreal.

Yet if we win it will be... Aye but wait till Falkirk beat us!! Some just hate to think we can actually win both ties.

Smartie
06-05-2016, 11:09 PM
The negativity is disappointing and a bit over-the-top given it's only half-time in a very winnable tie.

It would be good to see Hibs shut a lot of people up by doing the business at the end of this season. We could even do with shutting up an element within our own support.

Danderhall Hibs
06-05-2016, 11:12 PM

Some folk need to stop feeling sorry for themselves. It's not happened (yet).

Thecat23
06-05-2016, 11:12 PM
The negativity is disappointing and a bit over-the-top given it's only half-time in a very winnable tie.

It would be good to see Hibs shut a lot of people up by doing the business at the end of this season. We could even do with shutting up an element within our own support.

Very true. 👍🏼

matty_f
06-05-2016, 11:13 PM
This forum must be one of the most depressing negative places in football.some of the threads and posts lately are cringeworthy.some of the posters on here are actually relishing the prospect of getting beat tomorrow so they can come on here and spraff the same rubbish.get behind the team or duck off

:top marks

Penicuik Hibee
06-05-2016, 11:21 PM
Easy to get sucked into the negativity, esp after the disappointment of Wednesday. Let's be honest, we didnt play well yet we still should have won by a couple.

But we are all in this together and need to help the players who I really believe are giving their all - unlike butchers team.

The team need us in these play offs. They must be knackered but we have to lift them.

i will be devastated if we don't go up. But I def intend to give the players 100% support tomorrow and hopefully against the bairns, Huns and final play off matches

Centre Hawf
06-05-2016, 11:27 PM
I think sometimes the negative feeling can be toxic I agree with that. But at the same time I haven't exactly seen anything that is blatantly untrue for the purposes of being negative. The team were woeful on Wednesday and have rightly been panned for it, and have to improve mightily or Raith will be playing Falkirk on Tuesday. It is as simple as that.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-05-2016, 11:50 PM

People come on here to blow off steam about the poor results that happen, it has very little correlation to how folk behave at ER. The amount of new posters on here having a dash is getting right on my ample bosoms.

Bad Martini
07-05-2016, 12:30 AM
Mon the hibs ya bass

OsloHibs
07-05-2016, 01:54 AM
Aye- let's do this hibs.

MWHIBBIES
07-05-2016, 02:41 AM
I'll be supporting the team till I'm dead but going out tomorrow would be a ****ing disaster, I can understand why folk are on edge.

Steve20
07-05-2016, 02:54 AM

Get behind the team or do one? Can't really tell folk what to do, but whatever.

People always get behind the team at the game. A fan messageboard is surely for giving opinions on what's happening and there's no point lying and saying it's all good, when it's far from it. People are being honest.

Hermit Crab
07-05-2016, 02:58 AM

This message board is all about opinions. Accept that or do one.

GreenLake
07-05-2016, 06:20 AM
I laugh at how forum posters imagine their mental state affects a football result. Some would almost make me think they score goals and make tackles. Maybe they should give out a few cup final medals to these forum posters.

Leave it to the guys in the stadium to influence the team. The rest of us can speculate and reminisce.

JimBHibees
07-05-2016, 07:07 AM

Agree totally. :not worth

mmmmhibby
07-05-2016, 07:30 AM

The emotional rollercoaster eh? The product on the park reflects the mood of the support....up n down, never a happy medium. Accept this forum for what it is....a forum that will be very happy come 2.15 today, trust me.

Jamesconnolly
07-05-2016, 07:45 AM
The emotional rollercoaster eh? The product on the park reflects the mood of the support....up n down, never a happy medium. Accept this forum for what it is....a forum that will be very happy come 2.15 today, trust me.

Hope so bud

Ged
07-05-2016, 07:47 AM

People always get behind the team at the game. A fan messageboard is surely for giving opinions on what's happening and there's no point lying and saying it's all good, when it's far from it. People are being honest.

This message board is all about opinions. Accept that or do one.

Not surprised to see you two on here defending the serial critics.

Hermit Crab
07-05-2016, 07:48 AM
Not surprised to see you two on here defending the serial critics.

Not surprising to see you commenting either.

northstandhibby
07-05-2016, 08:00 AM
I'm feeling nervous but exited about game today. I will be roaring the boys on. Come on the Hibs. Let's do it. Got to be patient though if don't score early. We have far better players than RR and hopefully show it today. Looking forward to it. Come on.

Northernhibee
07-05-2016, 08:09 AM
The title of this thread would make a tremendous marketing title for the season ticket campaign. The video could be presented by Stubbsy and Leeann after three bottles of Lambrini.

swindonhibs
07-05-2016, 08:13 AM
Understand where the OP is coming from in an effort to get behind the team for such a massive clash, but as others have rightly pointed out the forum is for all opinions.

Personally I skip the negative threads when the title alludes and change threads where they descend into negativity. I'm not a happy clapper, far from it, but dont get anything from reading negativity; if we play pish I know we have done so, likewise if a player has played pish. I know we shouldn't be in this division and how important it is to get out, I know we shouldn't lose to teams like..etc
I don't get any cathartic lift from reading negative threads and posts like some obviously do, or just like to vent. That's their right but not for me so I don't read.
Finally I'm more concerned with the match threads, how bad is it that they are barley 10 pages nowadays..? What's going on there??

SeanWilson
07-05-2016, 08:14 AM

This is a fans forum, where people tend to debate difference of opinion with a shared sentiment and a common goal. It would take a rather peculiar type of individual to support a football club with the sole purpose of hoping for defeat so as they can 'spraff rubbish' on a football forum.

:aok:

Diclonius
07-05-2016, 08:22 AM
If we win I think we'll **** Falkirk. Genuinely looking forward to it too.

I've seen the same all season - we struggle to break down a vastly inferior opponent as they know that ultra-defensive tactics frustrate us. I have seen nothing that will change that. I will be as happy as anyone else if we win but I just don't see it happening.

Whatever happens, the team will have my full support today, as always.

O'Rourke3
07-05-2016, 08:43 AM
This is a fans forum, where people tend to debate difference of opinion with a shared sentiment and a common goal. It would take a rather peculiar type of individual to support a football club with the sole purpose of hoping for defeat so as they can 'spraff rubbish' on a football forum.

:aok:
Jambo trolls on Hibs.net :dunno:

There's a few that disappear and only emerge when there's a bad result so they can claim they were the ones that warned us about the manager, the new midfielder, the goalie, the pie vendors and the half time sprinklers.... Opinions that are valid but the timing is always suspect. It could be interpreted there's no sun in their lives ....

Giro Playboy
07-05-2016, 08:44 AM
This forum must be one of the most depressing negative places in football.some of the threads and posts lately are cringeworthy.some of the posters on here are actually relishing the prospect of getting beat tomorrow so they can come on here and spraff the same rubbish.get behind the team or duck off Totally agree. I cant believe that some fans were unhappy about getting beat of Raith Rovers last Wednesday in a vital play off game

Captain Trips
07-05-2016, 08:56 AM
How about accepting we are all different and its a messageboard and we on here not at the match. Seems alright to tell folk to do one etc if have different POV.

This is perfect place to vent or praise away from the stadium and I will post how I feel. Maybe time to accept EVERYONE wants us to do well instead of posters deciding folk would relish us losing, total and utter nonsense unless a Jambo on saying stuff.

Be pissed at what folk maybe say but why be pissed at the person.

Anyway 3-1 Hibs. Cummings, Stokes (2).

monktonharp
07-05-2016, 09:06 AM
Totally agree. I cant believe that some fans were unhappy about getting beat of Raith Rovers last Wednesday in a vital play off gameI detect a satirical note in your comments, but I was unhappy about the result on Wednesday. However, for those that were not there at Starks Park I need to say my reason for being unhappy, was much more to do with the refereeing decisions snd the clown of a linesman against us. the players put ample effort into that game and definitely did not deserve the result that followed. Stubbs's late changes were wrong, imho but evenbefore that we should have been 3 up.

monktonharp
07-05-2016, 09:08 AM
How about accepting we are all different and its a messageboard and we on here not at the match. Seems alright to tell folk to do one etc if have different POV.

This is perfect place to vent or praise away from the stadium and I will post how I feel. Maybe time to accept EVERYONE wants us to do well instead of posters deciding folk would relish us losing, total and utter nonsense unless a Jambo on saying stuff.

Anyway 3-1 Hibs. Cummings, Stokes (2).If Raith score, it will be a lucky breakaway or dodgy penalty. :cb

northstandhibby
07-05-2016, 09:10 AM
I detect a satirical note in your comments, but I was unhappy about the result on Wednesday. However, for those that were not there at Starks Park I need to say my reason for being unhappy, was much more to do with the refereeing decisions snd the clown of a linesman against us. the players put ample effort into that game and definitely did not deserve the result that followed. Stubbs's late changes were wrong, imho but evenbefore that we should have been 3 up.Agree. Thought Hibs played well on Wednesday night without scoring unfortunately. Saying that, would'nt mind not playing well today and winning. It's all about the result today.GGTTH

SJM
07-05-2016, 09:15 AM
Every single hibee will be behind the team today an believe we will win the tie.

Let's do this. I'm nervous as anything.

Enough said
07-05-2016, 09:17 AM

This

Super_JMcGinn
07-05-2016, 09:22 AM
It will be unreal.

Yet if we win it will be... Aye but wait till Falkirk beat us!! Some just hate to think we can actually win both ties.
I confidently predict Falkirk will not beat us :aok:, and yes I think we'll be playing them.

Moulin Yarns
07-05-2016, 09:25 AM
In the 2 games at Easter Road, we scored 3 goals to nil. Keatings and Cummings with 2 goals. Let's be positive and get another 3 goals.

Captain Trips
07-05-2016, 09:30 AM
Personally suggesting a person on here would relish a defeat has no founding and is pretty disgraceful to be honest. Because folk are unhappy with things that then may suggest they wish Hibs to fail so they can come back on here and moan.

We have a thread about the fans and within that it is being suggested that some people think there are posters that want us to lose? What a utterly unfounded and disgraceful suggestion.

Big deal some folk think we might not go up I still believe they want us to win, I want us to win everymatch but do not think we will and come on here to discuss the how and why and like it or not the last 5 to 6 seasons have been well below where many if not all think we should be. I must have missed the great stuff that has been happening at Hibs over that period to not be a moany barsteward.

I believe we will win today.

My_Wife_Camille
07-05-2016, 09:34 AM
Another person who seems to think that supporting the team means covering your ears, closing your eyes and shouting HIBS ARE AMAZING!!

For what it's worth, it's possible to support your team and give them absolutely everything you can at the game and still be able to come on here afterwards and give your honest opinion about how it was actually just a bit ****.

oneone73
07-05-2016, 09:38 AM
I detect a satirical note in your comments, but I was unhappy about the result on Wednesday. However, for those that were not there at Starks Park I need to say my reason for being unhappy, was much more to do with the refereeing decisions snd the clown of a linesman against us. the players put ample effort into that game and definitely did not deserve the result that followed. Stubbs's late changes were wrong, imho but evenbefore that we should have been 3 up.

Good to hear, Wullie. Onwards and upwards.

snooky
07-05-2016, 09:57 AM

Anyway 3-1 Hibs. Cummings, Stokes (2).

Re. thread title.
"Do one"?
Nice. :cool2:

Betty Boop
07-05-2016, 10:52 AM

Ah the posting police. Fans have every right to raise concerns. Maybe you should take your own advice and do one.

ekhibee
07-05-2016, 11:03 AM
This a forum, where people will almost inevitably have different points of view. The vast majority of people on here will be angry,happy,upset,elated after football results, but at the same time they are all Hibs fans. All of us (apart from trolls) will get behind the team during the game, else we wouldn't be there or listening/watching it on tv. As long as the comments aren't personally abusive towards a particular individual I have no problem whatsoever about people expressing a different opinion to mine, that's what good debate is all about. Sometimes I might actually learn something from it.

Captain Trips
07-05-2016, 01:29 PM
This a forum, where people will almost inevitably have different points of view. The vast majority of people on here will be angry,happy,upset,elated after football results, but at the same time they are all Hibs fans. All of us (apart from trolls) will get behind the team during the game, else we wouldn't be there or listening/watching it on tv. As long as the comments aren't personally abusive towards a particular individual I have no problem whatsoever about people expressing a different opinion to mine, that's what good debate is all about. Sometimes I might actually learn something from it.

Agree but suggesting some Hibs fans as that IMO is what all the people who post on here are would relish us losing is a disgraceful slight with absolutely no evidence of nor would J expect to find any.

Dalianwanda
07-05-2016, 01:32 PM
Agree but suggesting some Hibs fans as that IMO is what all the people who post on here are would relish us losing is a disgraceful slight with absolutely no evidence of nor would J expect to find any.

Some folk just like to be proved right..So if they think we are pish they are looking for evidence of it straight away and pounce..Anyhoo well played Hibs today, job done & onto the next round :flag:

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-05-2016, 01:52 PM
Did anybody "do one"? I did one this morning but, it flushed away nae bother.

jacomo
07-05-2016, 02:26 PM

Opinion is one thing. Hysteria quite another.

There has been more than enough hysterical nonsense on here, not least the 'sack Stubbs' calls when we could still win a trophy and promotion.

No one knows how this season will pan out. But we do have some huge games coming up. The team needs our support - and that includes support on here. I believe negative sentiment on social media affects attendances.

Captain Trips
07-05-2016, 02:26 PM
Some folk just like to be proved right..So if they think we are pish they are looking for evidence of it straight away and pounce..Anyhoo well played Hibs today, job done & onto the next round :flag:

The only pouncing I actually see on here is folk waiting to pounce when we win when somebody said we wouldnt. But agreed good win.

Diclonius
07-05-2016, 02:35 PM
Today's was result was exactly what we needed - a quick start and two early goals. Well done.

We'll all be a lot more positive going into Tuesday now.

Thecat23
07-05-2016, 02:40 PM
Totally agree. I cant believe that some fans were unhappy about getting beat of Raith Rovers last Wednesday in a vital play off game

That's not the point. We all were unhappy but the OTT reaction of some on here was unreal.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-05-2016, 02:49 PM
It wasnae really, we were gash on Wed, got the job done today so, onwards and upwards hopefully.

J-C
07-05-2016, 02:59 PM
I'll moan when we lose and smile when we win, that's football, today I'm smiling and happy:)