PDA

View Full Version : Emperors New Clothes

GloriousHibs
06-05-2016, 08:48 PM
Win the league, ok, run The Rangers close, ok, Finish strongly in front of Falkirk, ok, beat Raith.

In my day defeat to East Fife and Meadowbank was the end of the world, and it felt like it. However, at least East
Fife and Meadowbank knew we were the famous Edinburgh Hibees and were overwhelmed by their outcome.

It appears we've completely abdicated our position in Scottish football, never mind UK football and are hoping for a strong performance against 0-1 Raith to give us a chance against Falkirk, then against some also ran premier guffie.

I've honestly never known anything like it. Is everyone really holding their breath for Scottish Cup glory irrespective??

Waxy
06-05-2016, 08:50 PM
Another monger of doom

GloriousHibs
06-05-2016, 08:55 PM
Another monger of doom

aye 47 posts in 14 years, i wallow in negativity

keep the faith
06-05-2016, 08:57 PM
Oh these posts and threads are doing my head in.

Any chance we could support our guys attempt at promotion??

SJM
06-05-2016, 08:57 PM
Win the league, ok, run The Rangers close, ok, Finish strongly in front of Falkirk, ok, beat Raith.

In my day defeat to East Fife and Meadowbank was the end of the world, and it felt like it. However, at least East
Fife and Meadowbank knew we were the famous Edinburgh Hibees and were overwhelmed by their outcome.

It appears we've completely abdicated our position in Scottish football, never mind UK football and are hoping for a strong performance against 0-1 Raith to give us a chance against Falkirk, then against some also ran premier guffie.

I've honestly never known anything like it. Is everyone really holding their breath for Scottish Cup glory irrespective??

Why can this ***** not wait until tomorrow afternoon if we fail to win? What good does it do on the eve of our match?

We will win the scottish this year too poetically against the huns.

IberianHibernian
06-05-2016, 08:58 PM

I've honestly never known anything like it. Is everyone really holding their breath for Scottish Cup glory irrespective??Scottish Cup glory definitely . After so many years winning cup would obviously be great whatever happens in the league . In the short term , going straight into the last 16 of the League Cup and playing Europa League qualifiers instead of League Cup group matches would also be good . I remember being at numerous humiliations in cups against East Fife , Arbroath , Meadowbank , etc etc . and in recent years teams like Aberdeen have lost regularly to lower league clubs ( don`t mean us ! ) so our cup record in that respect in last 4 or 5 years at least is excellent ( home defeat to Raith under Butcher only defeat against lower league opposition ? maybe LC against QOS with weakened team ? ) .

Danderhall Hibs
06-05-2016, 09:00 PM
FFS. was the game tonight? Did I miss it?

Hermit Crab
06-05-2016, 09:01 PM
Pish thread title.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-05-2016, 09:02 PM
And now for something completely different...

Hibs will beat the purple blanchmange to lift the SC...

GloriousHibs
I'm reflective and pished on the eve of an important match cos i'm thoroughly disappointed . Is this not allowed?

Danderhall Hibs
I'm reflective and pished on the eve of an important match cos i'm thoroughly disappointed . Is this not allowed?

We've not lost yet.

Hibs Class
06-05-2016, 09:03 PM
aye 47 posts in 14 years, i wallow in negativity

Why sign up to a message board 14 years ago and at the same time take a vow of near silence?

And then why choose tonight to break it? Very odd behaviour.

JK Rolling
06-05-2016, 09:06 PM
We've not lost yet.

This.

GloriousHibs
06-05-2016, 09:10 PM
Why sign up to a message board 14 years ago and at the same time take a vow of near silence?

And then why choose tonight to break it? Very odd behaviour.

lol, have never taken a vow of silence. Sometimes I just offer my opinion. Reject or respect it - not a problem

Bostonhibby
06-05-2016, 09:14 PM
lol, have never taken a vow of silence. Sometimes I just offer my opinion. Reject or respect it - not a problem
Have you supported hibs for at least 40 years?

Edson Arantes
06-05-2016, 09:20 PM
Pish thread title.

Quite clever actually. :agree:

However, he was wrong to post it tonight.

Everyone should be in the same boat tonight (and tomorrow).

3-0 to the cabbage the morn. :thumbsup:

Dalianwanda
06-05-2016, 09:28 PM

Our position in UK football? When was any Scottish teams place high in that? This post is guffe (is that how you spell it?)

Anyway where ever out position is I'd like it to be better so come on boys..Lets do this :gwa: