PDA

View Full Version : Players walking suspension Tightrope

Ronniekirk
06-05-2016, 08:05 PM
Mcgeoch and Bartley were both booked against Raith in first Leg If iether picks up another yellow tomorrow They miss next game against Falkirk at home

RoadtoER
06-05-2016, 08:07 PM
With the occasion and how I imagine the game will be played they would have to do extremely well to not pick up a booking tomorrow!

JimBHibees
06-05-2016, 08:08 PM
Mcgeoch and Bartley were both booked against Raith in first Leg If iether picks up another yellow tomorrow They miss next game against Falkirk at home

No they don't 14 days for it to kick in would mean miss second leg of the play off final if we get there.

theonlywayisup
06-05-2016, 08:11 PM
No they don't 14 days for it to kick in would mean miss second leg of the play off final if we get there.

Are you sure? Have you researched this or just assuming that what's normal in the league situation applies to the play-off.

RoadtoER

Will just need to pump whoever it is in the first leg then :aok:

JimBHibees
Are you sure? Have you researched this or just assuming that what's normal in the league situation applies to the play-off.

Yes they are the rules they can't change it now for bookings.

B.H.F.C
06-05-2016, 08:12 PM

It is the normal rules that apply.

Ronniekirk
06-05-2016, 08:13 PM

Well the article on hibs news 24 must be wrong as it makes it clear hey miss the home game v Falkirk

JimBHibees
06-05-2016, 08:16 PM

Are you sure re Bartley he was suspended last midweek v Dumbarton. If he was no way he can be near a suspension.

JimBHibees
06-05-2016, 08:17 PM
Well the article on hibs news 24 must be wrong as it makes it clear hey miss the home game v Falkirk

It is wrong if they are saying that.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-05-2016, 08:17 PM

Think that they would both swap a suspension if it contributed to us winning.

Ronniekirk
06-05-2016, 08:21 PM
Are you sure re Bartley he was suspended last midweek v Dumbarton. If he was no way he can be near a suspension.

Am only quoting the article which i i cant paste and post It says previous bookings were nullified prior to playoffs
But then two bookings mean players miss next game so as they were both booked v raith if they were booked again tomorrow they would miss Falkirk game at home
I have assumed the guy that wrote the article is correct but maybe he is wrong

B.H.F.C
06-05-2016, 08:22 PM

I was reading an article the other day that was talking about Darren McGregor last year. Missed the second leg of the final after being booked in one of their quarter final games against Queens.

It's still the same competition essentially so would be strange if the rules on suspension changed at this point.

Billy Whizz
06-05-2016, 08:23 PM
I was reading an article the other day that was talking about Darren McGregor last year. Missed the second leg of the final after being booked in one of their quarter final games against Queens.

It's still the same competition essentially so would've strange if the rules on suspension changed at this point.

Is it not a different competition, as we're now in premiership play offs?

JimBHibees
06-05-2016, 08:24 PM
Am only quoting the article which i i cant paste and post It says previous bookings were nullified prior to playoffs
But then two bookings mean players miss next game so as they were both booked v raith if they were booked again tomorrow they would miss Falkirk game at home
I have assumed the guy that wrote the article is correct but maybe he is wrong

Definitely wrong IMO they are cup rules.

The Sundance Kid
06-05-2016, 08:25 PM
I'm fairly certain that the only player 1 booking away from a suspension is Fyvie and if he gets booked then it would be the second leg of the play off final, should we get there, that he would miss rather than any games against Falkirk

Ronniekirk
06-05-2016, 08:27 PM
Definitely wrong IMO they are cup rules.

The piece is written by Iain Collin Means nothing to me and haven't seen it reported elsewhere which was why i posted on it to see what others thought

JimBHibees
06-05-2016, 08:32 PM
I'm fairly certain that the only player 1 booking away from a suspension is Fyvie and if he gets booked then it would be the second leg of the play off final, should we get there, that he would miss rather than any games against Falkirk

Think you are right though if McGregor was booked on Wednesday though is he not in same situation as Fyvie.

Apologies realise now it was mcgeouch not mcgregor.

O'Rourke3
06-05-2016, 08:35 PM
Either way both Bartley and Dylan were undeserved bookings. Both were ridiculous from the ref.

Sent via the bushes @ EM

IberianHibernian
06-05-2016, 08:46 PM
I'm fairly certain that the only player 1 booking away from a suspension is Fyvie and if he gets booked then it would be the second leg of the play off final, should we get there, that he would miss rather than any games against FalkirkSo if we get through tomorrow would it be the same on Tuesday against Falkirk ( still 2 weeks before possible 2nd leg of playoff final ) ? After Tuesday , any suspensions would be next season I suppose ? Except red cards . And red cards for violent conduct could affect cup final too .

The Sundance Kid
06-05-2016, 08:48 PM
So if we get through tomorrow would it be the same on Tuesday against Falkirk ( still 2 weeks before possible 2nd leg of playoff final ) ? After Tuesday , any suspensions would be next season I suppose ? Except red cards . And red cards for violent conduct could affect cup final too .

I think that would be the case, yes

CallumLaidlaw
06-05-2016, 08:50 PM
Think you are right though if McGregor was booked on Wednesday though is he not in same situation as Fyvie.

Apologies realise now it was mcgeouch not mcgregor.

What I've read today is there are 25 players involved in all play off games in Scotland that got booked in the first legs so will be banned for 1 game if they receive another booking as all bookings are quashed when season ends but now cup rules apply.

CallumLaidlaw
06-05-2016, 08:53 PM
http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/05/05/hibs-raith-rovers-players-amongst-already-treading-play-off-suspension-tightrope/

The Sundance Kid
06-05-2016, 08:58 PM
http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/05/05/hibs-raith-rovers-players-amongst-already-treading-play-off-suspension-tightrope/

If that's right then they've changed the rules from last season when it was definitely the case that bookings carried over from the league campaign. Seems an even dafter rule this time in my opinion, like they're wanting players to pick up suspensions

B.H.F.C
06-05-2016, 09:03 PM
Is it not a different competition, as we're now in premiership play offs?

Know what you're saying but I wouldn't say it's a different competition as its still part of the league set up.

B.H.F.C
06-05-2016, 09:04 PM
Either way both Bartley and Dylan were undeserved bookings. Both were ridiculous from the ref.

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Aye two of the worst bookings you'll ever see.

Danderhall Hibs
06-05-2016, 09:06 PM
Aye two of the worst bookings you'll ever see.

Both were silly bookings really and indisciplined.

Bartley got booked for being kicked and reacting badly, McGeough for dissent.

Silly.

Penicuik Hibee
06-05-2016, 09:18 PM
I may be biased but I didn't thing either were bookings. Mind you, I didn't think it was a corner they scored from should have been a goal kick.

JimBHibees
06-05-2016, 09:25 PM
If that's right then they've changed the rules from last season when it was definitely the case that bookings carried over from the league campaign. Seems an even dafter rule this time in my opinion, like they're wanting players to pick up suspensions

Incredible if that is the case. Absolute nuts.

O'Rourke3
06-05-2016, 09:26 PM
I may be biased but I didn't thing either were bookings. Mind you, I didn't think it was a corner they scored from should have been a goal kick.
Me too

Sent via the bushes @ EM

B.H.F.C
06-05-2016, 09:28 PM
Both were silly bookings really and indisciplined.

Bartley got booked for being kicked and reacting badly, McGeough for dissent.

Silly.

No having that. What did McGeough do really? Have a wee moan at the linesman for a blatantly wrong decision? If he'd slammed the ball down and been up in his face then fair enough. As for Bartley, he got the same punishment as the boy who booted him when he was on the ground.

Danderhall Hibs
06-05-2016, 09:34 PM
No having that. What did McGeough do really? Have a wee moan at the linesman for a blatantly wrong decision? If he'd slammed the ball down and been up in his face then fair enough. As for Bartley, he got the same punishment as the boy who booted him when he was on the ground.

They were soft from our point of view but they gave the ref an opportunity to book them.

matty_f
06-05-2016, 11:12 PM
They were soft from our point of view but they gave the ref an opportunity to book them.

:agree:

Thecat23
06-05-2016, 11:13 PM
Why do they call it "walking a tight rope."

Viva_Palmeiras
06-05-2016, 11:14 PM

One wrong move and you're knobbled

LaMotta
07-05-2016, 09:02 AM

Haha was just thinking the same thing!

Bartley's booking was ridiculous....McGinn did more than him in that incident to merit a booking.

Only reason Bartley was booked was the ref sitting on the fence and picking a player from both sides to book after a melee.

Argylehibby
07-05-2016, 09:25 AM

So the premier league team can't have anyone suspended yet the 3rd /4th in the Championship can play 4 games before that tie and pick up a few suspensions? Scotland really do have the worst organisers of any football league on planet earth. Is there anything these muppets can do right?

Eyrie
07-05-2016, 10:27 AM
So the premier league team can't have anyone suspended yet the 3rd /4th in the Championship can play 4 games before that tie and pick up a few suspensions? Scotland really do have the worst organisers of any football league on planet earth. Is there anything these muppets can do right?

That depends on your definition of "right". Since the promotion play off to the top flight is intended to be heavily rigged in favour of the eleventh placed team, the suspension rules are another step towards that goal. The fact that this is ridiculously unfair is neither here nor there to the SPL.

It should be a straightforward case of 4 v 11 and 3 v 2, with the winners meeting to decide who gets the place in the top league. That's what happens in the other two play offs.

offshorehibby
07-05-2016, 12:14 PM
Commentator on RS saying all league yellows were quashed but anybody getting 2 yellows in the playoffs miss the next tie.

muzzando
07-05-2016, 12:16 PM
Commentator on RS saying all league yellows were quashed but anybody getting 2 yellows in the playoffs miss the next tie.
Completely unfair IMO, makes it even more difficult for the teams finishing 3rd/4th in the play offs. Daft rule.

Billy Whizz
07-05-2016, 04:58 PM
Completely unfair IMO, makes it even more difficult for the teams finishing 3rd/4th in the play offs. Daft rule.

So Kille go into it with no bookings? Should be 3 bookings if you go
In at the 1/4 stage, and 2 at the semi stage

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-05-2016, 05:10 PM
Completely ****ing ridiculous rule. Only in this country [emoji35]

Smartie
07-05-2016, 05:14 PM

That's probably the point (i.e. making it harder for those teams).

I'm fine with it.

You should get some sort of an advantage for finishing higher up the league.

Not so sure that so many advantages should lie with the premier league team but there you go (I don't want the top league to be such a closed shop and am generally hugely in favour of the concept of the playoffs).

Giro Playboy
07-05-2016, 05:15 PM
So now we've not only got to worry about Dylan getting injured we are going to be paranoid every time he goes in for a tackle.

JimBHibees
07-05-2016, 05:24 PM

Appalling and unfair rule. Every chance the team going into the final from championship may have 3 or 4 players out. Nothing surprises me with the rules in this country totally incompetent.

JimBHibees
07-05-2016, 05:25 PM
So Kille go into it with no bookings? Should be 3 bookings if you go
In at the 1/4 stage, and 2 at the semi stage

Agree totally. Absolute joke.

muzzando
07-05-2016, 05:35 PM
That's probably the point (i.e. making it harder for those teams).

I'm fine with it.

You should get some sort of an advantage for finishing higher up the league.

Not so sure that so many advantages should lie with the premier league team but there you go (I don't want the top league to be such a closed shop and am generally hugely in favour of the concept of the playoffs).

Think having less games to play is advantage enough, essentially a bye into the semi final

Ronniekirk
07-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Agree totally. Absolute joke.

Which was why i started thread This has been brought in without fans being aware of implications particularly for the team that has to play potentially six games and get players booked in first game like we have
Hard to see players not getting booked in two hard fought encounters with Falkirk

Libby Hibby
07-05-2016, 05:39 PM
Appalling and unfair rule. Every chance the team going into the final from championship may have 3 or 4 players out. Nothing surprises me with the rules in this country totally incompetent.

But Premiership club still playing up to play off dates, I'm pretty sure if a premiership player picks up a suspension then it'll be upheld in play off games.