PDA

View Full Version : 72 min applause

JAY-ESS GREEN
06-05-2016, 04:50 PM
Hi everyone. I seen a post on face book from Mike Homewood? asking for minutes applause for my old man who passed away a fortnight ago after battling cancer. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to take part after all hibbies pass away all the time . As it has been suggested though I would like to encourage a response as it would mean the world to me and my sister who are still going home and away.His name was Walter Day and though his last game was the league cup final his dying wish was to see his team lift the cup. Which I'm sure we will do.As I say great if it happens understand if it doesn't.
Thanks in advance.

Jonnyboy
06-05-2016, 04:51 PM
Hi everyone. I seen a post on face book from Mike Homewood? asking for minutes applause for my old man who passed away a fortnight ago after battling cancer. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to take part after all hibbies pass away all the time . As it has been suggested though I would like to encourage a response as it would mean the world to me and my sister who are still going home and away.His name was Walter Day and though his last game was the league cup final his dying wish was to see his team lift the cup. Which I'm sure we will do.As I say great if it happens understand if it doesn't.
Thanks in advance.

Sorry for your loss mate. I'll gladly join in the applause :agree:

andy1875
06-05-2016, 05:01 PM
Thanks in advance.

Sorry for your loss.

I too would join in with a minutes applause as has happened on a couple of occasions this season. Always leaves a wee tear in the eye! Hopefully it gathers momentum and others realise what its for.

Lets hope we win the cup in a couple of weeks for all the Hibbys looking down.

GGTTH

hibeerealist
06-05-2016, 05:06 PM
Sorry for your loss mate. I'll gladly join in the applause :agree:

Sadly, another of our brothers passes without seeing us win "that cup", I am sure that many of us will pay our respects on 72 minutes tomorrow !!!

TheMentalHibees
06-05-2016, 05:13 PM
Get in touch with one of the Sect 43 boys on here, if you clue them in I'm sure it'll easily gain traction with the rest of the crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
06-05-2016, 05:21 PM
Thanks in advance.

An applause is the least we can do. Sorry for your loss and I hope that we can win the cup for your old man. :aok:

JimBHibees
06-05-2016, 05:39 PM
Sorry for your loss. RIP Walter.

erin go bragh
06-05-2016, 05:43 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss . We will be applauding in the 72nd min .

GGTTH

JAY-ESS GREEN
06-05-2016, 05:44 PM
Thanks everyone much appreciated.

hibby6270
06-05-2016, 06:27 PM
Lets hope we win the cup in a couple of weeks for all the Hibbys looking down.

GGTTH

Hear, hear!!

8 years since he passed. My dad's last game was the 2007 League Cup Final. For various work related reasons it was the first time he'd seen Hibs win a major cup final. He went to many finals but never a winning one. Having said that he did have the pleasure of seeing 3 top league titles in 5 years with the FF team. :aok:

SJM
06-05-2016, 06:30 PM
Sorry to hear about your dad. Peace be with you and your family.

Hibernia&Alba
06-05-2016, 06:42 PM
RIP Walter. I hope your family are holding up at this terrible time. Minute's applause sounds good :applause:

JAY-ESS GREEN
06-05-2016, 11:02 PM
Bump thanks for all the kind messages if it happens great if not thanks for your support

FranckSuzy
06-05-2016, 11:09 PM
I'm very sorry to hear your news and a minute's applause is a lovely idea. RIP Walter.

hibeequinn
06-05-2016, 11:28 PM
RIP Walter u were like an uncle to me and u were the one that got me into supporting hibs always be missed big man. A minutes applause for a legend

JAY-ESS GREEN
07-05-2016, 12:15 AM
Thanks again everyone I'll be the one greetin in the west

Bad Martini
07-05-2016, 12:33 AM
Hope those there and aware do the right thing mate.
GGTTH and hope your old man is looking down on a win. Ggtth

hibs69
07-05-2016, 07:18 AM
RIP Walter. Praying things aren't going disastrously wrong in the 72nd minute. If any of the players do read this place....... Get it done for Walter.

Calum68
07-05-2016, 07:28 AM
Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry for your loss. I knew your Dad well and you can be sure I'll be joining in the minutes applause.

JAY-ESS GREEN
07-05-2016, 09:23 AM
One last bump. One more thank you to everyone these things always bring out the best of people.
Let's do this hibs.

Hi Heid Yin
07-05-2016, 10:12 AM
Losing a dad or mum is tough. I've lost both. My dad never saw a Scottish cup win either.
A round of applause will be a given with our support.

Edinburgher
07-05-2016, 10:18 AM
Will play my part, mate.

Phil MaGlass
07-05-2016, 02:20 PM
I am sorry for your loss. It might be an idea for the club on the very last home game of the season to hold a minutes applause for all the Hibs fans that have passed away during the season. My local club does this every seaaon.

JAY-ESS GREEN
07-05-2016, 02:35 PM
Thanks very much to all at the ground today from me and my sister. Brought a lump to my throat.particular thanks to shona Ward who started the ball rolling.and hibs for announcing it before game and having wee bit in the programme. That's a great idea for end of season match remembrance thing.Thanks again all
Tom.

JimBHibees
07-05-2016, 02:41 PM
I am sorry for your loss. It might be an idea for the club on the very last home game of the season to hold a minutes applause for all the Hibs fans that have passed away during the season. My local club does this every seaaon.

Really good idea.

Dunedin Hibs
07-05-2016, 02:54 PM
Thanks very much to all at the ground today from me and my sister. Brought a lump to my throat.particular thanks to shona Ward who started the ball rolling.and hibs for announcing it before game and having wee bit in the programme. That's a great idea for end of season match remembrance thing.Thanks again all
Tom.

Condolences on your loss. The 72nd minute tribute was very evident on Hibs TV, which is played around the world. There are a lot of wonderful Hibs fans, past and present. It is brilliant we have made it to another cup final. Let's win this time and celebrate like it is 1999.

harpo
07-05-2016, 04:54 PM

Great idea. On 0-7 min maybe?

itslegaltender
07-05-2016, 05:11 PM
Every time SOL gets played I well up for my Dad and my Grandfather who were both Hibees. When we win against the Huns and SOL gets played I will be a greeting, shaking wreck.

JAY-ESS GREEN
07-05-2016, 06:13 PM
Every time SOL gets played I well up for my Dad and my Grandfather who were both Hibees. When we win against the Huns and SOL gets played I will be a greeting, shaking wreck.

Know what you mean sung it in the volly one night now every time I hear it think of him Hampden should be crazy with folk greeting for those that are no longer here.when we win and SOL comes on

SJM
07-05-2016, 06:32 PM
Was a decent applause today. Wouldn't expect anything less. Hope you are okay OP.

Sweep
07-05-2016, 07:00 PM
Sorry for your loss Tam. It was a good applause today. I knew your dad as, I worked for you a while back. Hope you and your family are OK. Thinking of you all. Scott