PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs and the media - making a complete tit of himself again.

H18 SFR
06-05-2016, 04:34 PM
Just heard a sound bite of Stubbs on the radio asking if the gathered media want him to laugh at a comment made by the Raith manager in relation to Stubbs hounding the match officials and Raith controlling the game. Why does Stubbs have to come across and act completely thick all the time. When will he learn to just keep his motormouth gob closed? Is this some honking approach to mind games?

Stubbs is a press conference warrior with no firepower on the park to back it up.

WeeRussell
06-05-2016, 04:35 PM
Sorry, what?

Jonnyboy
06-05-2016, 04:36 PM
Just heard a sound bite of Stubbs on the radio asking if the gathered media want him to laugh at a comment made by the Raith manager in relation to Stubbs hounding the match officials and Raith controlling the game. Why does Stubbs have to come across and act completely thick all the time. When will he learn to just keep his motormouth gob closed? Is this some honking approach to mind games?

Stubbs is a press conference warrior with no firepower on the park to back it up.

Nonsense. Every manager, including the Raith one, 'hounds' match officials and with the standard of officiating as it is, they bloody well should be too.

RR have had plenty to say about our support and how we'll 'hound' the players if things don't start well tomorrow. Maybe a thread about them instead of having a pop at our own club

Ged
06-05-2016, 04:37 PM
Who's the tit?

Baldy Foghorn
06-05-2016, 04:38 PM
Nonsense. Every manager, including the Raith one, 'hounds' match officials and with the standard of officiating as it is, they bloody well should be too.

RR have had plenty to say about our support and how we'll 'hound' the players if things don't start well tomorrow. Maybe a thread about them instead of having a pop at our own club

:agree::agree:

Crazy, what is AS meant to say? Some just love sticking the boot in...........:rolleyes:

Aldo
06-05-2016, 04:43 PM
Just heard a sound bite of Stubbs on the radio asking if the gathered media want him to laugh at a comment made by the Raith manager in relation to Stubbs hounding the match officials and Raith controlling the game. Why does Stubbs have to come across and act completely thick all the time. When will he learn to just keep his motormouth gob closed? Is this some honking approach to mind games? Stubbs is a press conference warrior with no firepower on the park to back it up.

He had every right to do so with some utter disgracefully decisions from the officials. I take it you were happy with the decisions??

As for Stubbs sounding thick ha! You listened to the caveman recently.

This reeks btw!

Danderhall Hibs
06-05-2016, 04:43 PM
FFS can we not just try and support the team?

That includes Stubbs and Dagnall.

Jonnyboy
06-05-2016, 04:44 PM

:top marks

hibsbollah
06-05-2016, 04:45 PM

This.

Super_JMcGinn
06-05-2016, 04:47 PM
:agree::agree:

Crazy, what is AS meant to say? Some just love sticking the boot in...........:rolleyes:
I'm worried that Stubbs is being played by the media all too easily. His comments pre Morton at ER when he said it was between us and Rangers should have taught him a lesson, there should be no mind games needed in these matches against so called inferior teams, he should leave his talking until after the match.
Same goes with Cummings, they both need to start showing a little humility instead of firing up our opponents more than they already are.

Smartie
06-05-2016, 04:50 PM
I read some of McKinnon's "cup of tea" comments and thought he had very cleverly laid a serious of mines for Stubbs to step on.

I've not heard what Stubbs has said but I'd be disappointed if he's chosen to jump on them all.

The comments about this game really don't matter.

More than ever the talking needs to be done on the pitch.

No excuses.

Danderhall Hibs
06-05-2016, 04:53 PM
See when we win does McKinnon get slated for laying these "mines" and "doing our team talk" for us?

FranckSuzy
06-05-2016, 04:57 PM
:faf:

SJM
06-05-2016, 04:58 PM
The slating of absolute everything when our most important game in seasons is taking place tomorrow.

Fans, manager, ticket office, Dempster, Petrie top scorer, everything. I ken I've came accross as a bit of a sour puss who's concerned but there is a time and a place.

Brightside
06-05-2016, 04:59 PM
I'm worried that Stubbs is being played by the media all too easily. His comments pre Morton at ER when he said it was between us and Rangers should have taught him a lesson, there should be no mind games needed in these matches against so called inferior teams, he should leave his talking until after the match.
Same goes with Cummings, they both need to start showing a little humility instead of firing up our opponents more than they already are.

a little humility?? ha ****** ha!

This is site is swimming with everything thats wrong with our fan base.

Sioux
06-05-2016, 04:59 PM
act completely thick

If you open your mouth, or type something , there's always the possibility of someone thinking you're thick and making a tit of yourself.:wink:

Thecat23
06-05-2016, 05:00 PM

Well Said.

Super_JMcGinn
06-05-2016, 05:02 PM
a little humility?? ha ****** ha!

This is site is swimming with everything thats wrong with our fan base.
Says the fan who thinks it's a blessing to be 1-0 down to Raith Rovers :greengrin

Thecat23
06-05-2016, 05:03 PM

Only one tit in here and it's no Stubbs.

Why do we have the need to scrutinise anything we do??

Back the team and the manager until the seasons done, then you can all shout and scream as much as you like but now isn't the time.

Brightside
06-05-2016, 05:04 PM
Says the fan who thinks it's a blessing to be 1-0 down to Raith Rovers :greengrin

if we were 1 fan down it would be much more of a blessing.

Albanian Hibs
06-05-2016, 05:06 PM
if we were 1 fan down it would be much more of a blessing.

Do you really think she/he is a fan though?

Aldo
06-05-2016, 05:07 PM

I think there are more than a few doubts AH!!

Super_JMcGinn
06-05-2016, 05:10 PM
I have over 500 loyalty points, but I don't have to justify myself to you.

And I'm surprised at you Aldo tut tut.

Aldo
06-05-2016, 05:20 PM
I have over 500 loyalty points, but I don't have to justify myself to you. And I'm surprised at you Aldo tut tut.

Surprised at what. Doubting the OP??

Edson Arantes
06-05-2016, 05:22 PM

This a joke? :confused:

Also, there's no 'h' in club.

MWHIBBIES
06-05-2016, 05:24 PM
Oh **** off please, Stubbs can lick his own arm pit in the press conference for all I care, it isn't going to effect the result on Saturday. Just looking for more reasons to stick the boot in, pathetic.

green day

Aye right, beat it.

Stubbs is quite right to throw a bomb or two McKinnons way.

When we pump them tomorrow, let's see if the press gang give us any credit.

I know the answer.

Pete
This a joke? :confused:

Also, there's no 'h' in club.

There is if you are a Celtic fan.

Or there is if you are a bigot from the other end of the scale who uses it in a derogatory fashion.

JimBHibees
06-05-2016, 05:27 PM

Kok. Support the team you think you support or front up your a yam.

SeanWilson
06-05-2016, 05:29 PM

Far to sensible mate!

Baldy Foghorn
06-05-2016, 05:38 PM

The media always twist words. Unless I hear him saying it live, I tend not to take little notice.

CallumLaidlaw
06-05-2016, 05:42 PM

I'm fed up with some fans constantly picking holes in everything out manager says. Believe it or not but they are called press conferences. They have to do them - they have to answer questions. And it seems no matter what Stubbs says, his own so called supporters are DESPERATE to pick holes in it. I've read the interview. And mckinnons. McKinnon accused Stubbs of looking like a man under clear pressure on the touch line while he was sitting back supping tea. Stubbs said if there's no pressure, there's something wrong, and said if McKinnon was so calm why did the 4th official have to ask him to calm down. All decent answers to me. But you carry on looking for issues. Meanwhile I'll back the team.

Baldy Foghorn
06-05-2016, 05:43 PM
I'm fed up with some fans constantly picking holes in everything out manager says. Believe it or not but they are called press conferences. They have to do them - they have to answer questions. And it seems no matter what Stubbs says, his own so called supporters are DESPERATE to pick holes in it. I've read the interview. And mckinnons. McKinnon accused Stubbs of looking like a man under clear pressure on the touch line while he was sitting back supping tea. Stubbs said if there's no pressure, there's something wrong, and said if McKinnon was so calm why did the 4th official have to ask him to calm down. All decent answers to me. But you carry on looking for issues. Meanwhile I'll back the team.

:top marks:top marks:top marks

banarc7062
06-05-2016, 05:44 PM

Fully agree, especially at this time. GGTTH

Smartie
06-05-2016, 05:46 PM
See when we win does McKinnon get slated for laying these "mines" and "doing our team talk" for us?

I've read a few of McKinnon's comments over the course of this week - both before the game on Wednesday and after and I reckon he's got us worked out. He's quite measured in what he says, doesn't get as involve in inflammatory pish as Houston but I've been quite impressed by him.

What he says doesn't annoy me one way or the other although I am interested in how Stubbs responds/ reacts.

Basically he shouldn't get involved in criticising the ref too much, shouldn't criticise our players too much or give the Raith players any extra motivation. He needs to be neutral, avoid getting drawn into making silly comments and just say that the football needs to do the talking.

Unfortunately I don't really think this is his style and his willingness to jump in with two feet and make silly comments have mirrored the poor form we've had in the second half of this season.

The Green Goblin
06-05-2016, 05:47 PM
The slating of absolute everything when our most important game in seasons is taking place tomorrow.

Fans, manager, ticket office, Dempster, Petrie top scorer, everything. I ken I've came accross as a bit of a sour puss who's concerned but there is a time and a place.

I agree, :agree: But then your post yesterday calling Lewis Stevenson a "hun" with a soft spot for Raith and suggesting that these things affected his performance the other night would also come into that category, wouldn't it?

Lewis grew up a hun with a soft spot for Raith. One of our own? :confused:

Pretty Boy
06-05-2016, 05:53 PM
A thread that started badly and descended into another witch hunt.

Closed.