PDA

View Full Version : Jason Cummings to Wolves?

CallumLaidlaw
06-05-2016, 02:34 PM
http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2016/05/06/wolves-to-bid-1m-for-hibs-jason-cummings-reports/

£1m? Snap their hands off if true. Funny that they sold Griffiths for that amount.

Thecat23
06-05-2016, 02:36 PM
Holy ****, I'd drive him to Wolves myself if that's the money we are being offered.

smithy_hibees
06-05-2016, 02:37 PM
Grab it now :) decent young player but for me if getting anywhere near 1m then happily take it, not his biggest fan but he's decent for the level we are at...

HibsNutter
06-05-2016, 02:39 PM
Good player, great future if his head is in the right place. But if they're seriously offering £1m, snap their hands off.

northstandhibby
06-05-2016, 02:39 PM
http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2016/05/06/wolves-to-bid-1m-for-hibs-jason-cummings-reports/

£1m? Snap their hands off if true. Funny that they sold Griffiths for that amount.

Could get 1.5 mill if it's a testing of resolve? Would like to think we could get at least a couple of proven forwards for that kind of money and maybe keep Hendo and others. Billy Mackay would be a good replacement. Good money that.

lyonhibs
06-05-2016, 02:41 PM
In a New York minute for a million quid.

GreenLake
06-05-2016, 02:42 PM
Take the £1m plus a talented youth squad winger and a couple of experienced loan players for next year

Smartie
06-05-2016, 02:45 PM
We're not striking a hard bargain on here. Hopefully Petrie's doing the negotiations, it's about the only thing he's good for.

£1.5 million for Cummings on his own or at a push we'll accept £5 million plus Matt Doherty.

madhatter
06-05-2016, 02:51 PM
Very talented but yes, if 1m to be offered I'd accept. Invest in solid squad with pace, power and skill.

B.H.F.C
06-05-2016, 02:53 PM
Good money but not easy to replace 25 goals.

DH1875
06-05-2016, 02:55 PM
If their seriously offering a million for him, we'd be stupid to knock it back.

madhatter
06-05-2016, 02:55 PM

Easier than you think - get midfielders able to reach opposition box and who are able to take shots!

SJM
06-05-2016, 02:57 PM
Depends if the money is there to replace him!

FromTheCapital
06-05-2016, 02:59 PM
I'd take £1m for Cummings.

He's a young lad and a great goal scorer but I'd snap their hands off at that price.

I've also heard that there is a possibility that Nicky Clark might be a Hibs player next season. He's always impressed me for Rangers and I think he'd score goals for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easty
06-05-2016, 02:59 PM
I think he's worth more.

easty
06-05-2016, 03:00 PM
Easier than you think - get midfielders able to reach opposition box and who are able to take shots!

That's not really easy though is it?

Goalscoring midfielders aren't exactly easy to find cheaply.

Smartie
06-05-2016, 03:09 PM
I'd take £1m for Cummings.

He's a young lad and a great goal scorer but I'd snap their hands off at that price.

I've also heard that there is a possibility that Nicky Clark might be a Hibs player next season. He's always impressed me for Rangers and I think he'd score goals for us.

I don't think there's much to Clark's game but I do think he's got a good knack of being in the right place at the right time and would score a bucketload from these balls that seem to flash across the face of goal without us ever having a player reading them.

hibsboy69
06-05-2016, 03:24 PM
£1m ? "SOLD" !

RoscoHibby
06-05-2016, 03:33 PM
Id get him sold, about 3-4 of his goals this season have been impressive, the rest you'd generally expect your striker to put away. If he was anywhere close to being lethal, should be on about 45 for the season! Misses so many easy chances. And literally no right foot, anything north of a million and I would not be disappointed.

He has a lot of potential and if he keeps progressing he could go far in the game. But he doesn't half wind me up, with easy chances wasted, being far too greedy and taking he wrong option far too often.

Franck Stanton
06-05-2016, 03:34 PM
Is it April 1st ? £1million ? Nah, just cannae see it at this stage in his career. However, IF any truth in it, would sell in a heartbeat. He isn't irreplaceable.

Lee Marvin
06-05-2016, 03:39 PM
We really need to start spreading the goals around more next season. We have barely scored any (relatively) and he has 25.

If he goes, the midfield need to step up. They have a shocking goals return this year

cabbageandribs1875
06-05-2016, 03:40 PM
oh my, i'd like to start by thanking hertz :)

CallumLaidlaw
06-05-2016, 03:42 PM
Is it April 1st ? £1million ? Nah, just cannae see it at this stage in his career. However, IF any truth in it, would sell in a heartbeat. He isn't irreplaceable.

I think we forget how much cash is swilling around the English Championship/Premiership. Swansea have been chucking half a million at a time at unproven Falkirk players.

Brooster
06-05-2016, 03:49 PM
Great talent with a great scoring record....lets look for £2m minimum. These championship teams pay crazy money.

Ronniekirk
06-05-2016, 04:02 PM

And we wont get all that money to reinvest it A big chunk will have to offset some of the losses we have made in the past two years Thats one of the Harsh realities of being in the Championship for a few years

Vini1875
06-05-2016, 04:05 PM
What ever the price to an English club, add ons will be the real money spinner from JC. £1M plus a percentage would be wonderful business.

hibs69
06-05-2016, 04:05 PM
Great talent with a great scoring record....lets look for £2m minimum. These championship teams pay crazy money.

And after a hatrick tomorrow, £2.5 minimum. Slightly joking there, but I'm with you on that....... The club could hold out for more. QPR will buy him for £5M

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-05-2016, 04:43 PM
Try for more if possible, if not 1mill is great. Get El Bakhtaoui and Ali Crawford in and a few other players and lets have a right good go at whatever division we are in next year.

JimBHibees
06-05-2016, 05:22 PM
I think he's worth more.

Agree why lose one of our biggest assets on the cheap. The money flowing through the game in England is ridiculous let's not sell unless we are getting a good deal.

Aldo
06-05-2016, 05:25 PM
Agree why lose one of our biggest assets on the cheap. The money flowing through the game in England is ridiculous let's not sell unless we are getting a good deal.

Biggest problem though Jim is he has not signed his new contract which leaves us open for cheeky wee bids!

If he fails to sign an extension then we will find ourselves backed into the corner and come Jan we might struggle to get even a quarter of that!!

JimBHibees
06-05-2016, 05:26 PM

Agree his worth will go through the roof when he scores the winner in the cup final.

CapitalGreen
06-05-2016, 05:28 PM
That's not really easy though is it?

Goalscoring midfielders aren't exactly easy to find cheaply.

Hearts scored 92 goals in this league last season. Hearts.

Finding strikers isn't the problem, getting a coach to play attacking football is.

hibshibshibs84
06-05-2016, 05:30 PM
£1M?

yes, no questions asked.

I have a horrible feeling he's gonna end up at Rangers.

SJM
06-05-2016, 05:32 PM
£1M?

yes, no questions asked.

I have a horrible feeling he's gonna end up at Rangers.

Rangers will be after better. I think we will sell and I hear we are after Scott McDonald.

Aldo
06-05-2016, 05:33 PM
Rangers will be after better. I think we will sell and I hear we are after Scott McDonald.

So potentially a former OF front 2 next season then!!

hibshibshibs84
06-05-2016, 05:34 PM

Scott McDonald could certainly do a job for us.

WoreTheGreen
06-05-2016, 05:35 PM

Derby county i've heard

Fritz
06-05-2016, 05:39 PM
Id get him sold, about 3-4 of his goals this season have been impressive, the rest you'd generally expect your striker to put away. If he was anywhere close to being lethal, should be on about 45 for the season! Misses so many easy chances. And literally no right foot, anything north of a million and I would not be disappointed.

He has a lot of potential and if he keeps progressing he could go far in the game. But he doesn't half wind me up, with easy chances wasted, being far too greedy and taking he wrong option far too often.

Aye, like all those other strikers in the Championship who've scored 45 goals a season, including at Hearts and Sevco. The reason he scored "the rest" is because he was in the right place in the 1st place! Honestly, I can't believe the amount of grief he gets from so-called Hibs fans! Yes he's not the finished article but he's scored 20-plus goals for us in each of the last 2 seasons, albeit in the Championship. But yeah, let's get rid. Be careful what you wish for...

Mr White
06-05-2016, 05:45 PM
His instinctive movement away from defenders at the right time to leave himself with an easy finish is his strength and gives him his value imo. Writing off those kind of goals as simple finishes misses the point of what he's good at. Yes he misses chances but all strikers do. His confidence to bounce back from disappointment will have been noticed by scouts too I reckon.

JimBHibees
06-05-2016, 05:47 PM
Aye, like all those other strikers in the Championship who've scored 45 goals a season, including at Hearts and Sevco. The reason he scored "the rest" is because he was in the right place in the 1st place! Honestly, I can't believe the amount of grief he gets from so-called Hibs fans,! Yes he's not the finished article but he's scored 20-plus goals for us in each of the last 2 seasons, albeit in the Championship. But yeah, let's get rid. Be careful what you wish for...

Agree ridiculous though you have to take into account he has a great record scoring against Hearts and they don't like that especially knocking them out the cup.

matty_f
06-05-2016, 05:51 PM
We should try and keep him.

Smartie
06-05-2016, 05:52 PM
His instinctive movement away from defenders at the right time to leave himself with an easy finish is his strength and gives him his value imo. Writing off those kind of goals as simple finishes misses the point of what he's good at. Yes he misses chances but all strikers do. His confidence to bounce back from disappointment will have been noticed by scouts too I reckon.

That's actually his biggest asset imo.

Cracking mentality, superb personality and keeps putting himself up there to be shot at.

You want a striker to keep getting in the positions and I'm happy to see him miss chances as long as he scores loads.

I think Stokes' arrival has knocked him a bit - if he'd got a strike partner who suited his game a bit better then I think he/we would have fared a lot better in the second half of this season (not a criticism of Stokes either who I think has been excellent).

emerald green
06-05-2016, 05:54 PM
The article says "There are suggestions north of the border that Wolves opening gambit will be £1m."

Suggestions from whom I wonder? Weren't we all told to expect stories appearing in the press designed to unsettle Hibs players before the cup final? I would take this "story" with a large pinch of salt.

Jonnyboy
06-05-2016, 05:57 PM

:agree: As witnessed by his headed goal against QOTS. Watch as he moves away from his marker and gets the crucial space to allow him to head the ball home.

Fritz
06-05-2016, 05:58 PM
Agreed. I can't help think that Stokes' loan agreement requires him to play every game. Has that been confirmed? With hindsight I think it would have been better for Cummings, and ultimately the team, if we'd kept Malonga instead of Stokes. Moot point now of course but wonder if Stubbs feels the same.

Fritz
06-05-2016, 05:59 PM
:agree: As witnessed by his headed goal against QOTS. Watch as he moves away from his marker and gets the crucial space to allow him to head the ball home.

Yes but that's just a goal you expect your striker to score, apparently...🙄

Pete
06-05-2016, 05:59 PM
The article says "There are suggestions north of the border that Wolves opening gambit will be £1m."

Suggestions from whom I wonder? Weren't we all told to expect stories appearing in the press designed to unsettle Hibs players before the cup final? I would take this "story" with a large pinch of salt.

:agree:

I'd be prepared for more "suggestions" over the coming weeks. Most of them with a Glaswegian accent.

Thecat23
06-05-2016, 06:01 PM
Agreed. I can't help think that Stokes' loan agreement requires him to play every game. Has that been confirmed? With hindsight I think it would have been better for Cummings, and ultimately the team, if we'd kept Malonga instead of Stokes. Moot point now of course but wonder if Stubbs feels the same.

Many did Malonga score from start of the season until he left? How many has Stokes scored since he came in?

I'm a fan of Malonga by the way but I think folk may be getting carried away that he was some sort of savour.

He wanted to leave, he didn't want to see out the contract so I'm glad we got Stokes myself even thought he also should score more if he was in the box more.

WoreTheGreen
06-05-2016, 06:04 PM

I'd be prepared for more "suggestions" over the coming weeks. Most of them with a Glaswegian accent.

Everytime before a final but only if it envoles one of the bigot brothers

Smartie
06-05-2016, 06:06 PM
Many did Malonga score from start of the season until he left? How many has Stokes scored since he came in?

I'm a fan of Malonga by the way but I think folk may be getting carried away that he was some sort of savour.

He wanted to leave, he didn't want to see out the contract so I'm glad we got Stokes myself even thought he also should score more if he was in the box more.

How did the TEAM play during the first half of the season?

How has the TEAM played and what have results been like during the second half?

Malonga was a better foil for Cummings and the team was better as a result.

Moot point as he's no longer here and I don't think that Stokes should be criticised for his contribution (which has been more than acceptable) andMalonga may well have taken a huff if he had been kept against his well but if the truth be told this is a move that hasn't worked out great for us, has been pretty bad for Jason.

emerald green
06-05-2016, 06:06 PM

Agreed. It will get worse as the cup final approaches. It's all best ignored IMHO.

Mr White
06-05-2016, 06:07 PM

As well as most of his 11 goals against the tax dodgers and the diet tax-dodgers in the last 2 seasons :greengrin

Fritz
06-05-2016, 06:07 PM
I'm not having a go at Stokes. I think he's been good and at times you can see he is a cut above the rest, although i have to say i was hoping for a better goals return. I know Malonga wasn't exactly prolific, but my point was I think Cummings was better with Dom up top with him than Stokes. Don't want to labour the point but maybe Dom wanted to leave if he was told Stokes would be playing every game.

Unseen work
06-05-2016, 06:08 PM
Can't help but laugh at some people on here.

"He's not clinical enough he should have 45 goals, he's only scored 4 good goals, all the others you expect him to score."

No clue about football, do you think it just so happens he is in the right position time and time again? Makes good runs non stop for a chance.

People said if fletch had a right foot he would score more, if deek could header a ball blah blah blah.

Next thing you know we end up with John collins who can't score at all.

People really need to put it into perspective. Jason is a very good striker and we are lucky to have him at this club.

I think we could get 1.5 million

Thecat23
06-05-2016, 06:09 PM
How did the TEAM play during the first half of the season?

How has the TEAM played and what have results been like during the second half?

Malonga was a better foil for Cummings and the team was better as a result.

Moot point as he's no longer here and I don't think that Stokes should be criticised for his contribution (which has been more than acceptable) andMalonga may well have taken a huff if he had been kept against his well but if the truth be told this is a move that hasn't worked out great for us, and if the truth be told has been pretty bad for Jason.

As I say I'm a fan of Malonga, but some think he was a goal machine and he wasn't. Our decline started before he left no? Stokes and Cummings hasn't hit off as much as we all hoped but I seen Dom strut through games as if he couldn't be bothered! But I've also seen him produce some magic which Stokes hasn't.

If someone said Stokes or Malonga I'd take Stokes! He's not been a bad player in fact far from it. But id love to see more goals.

Unseen work
06-05-2016, 06:09 PM
I'm not having a go at Stokes. I think he's been good and at times you can see he is a cut above the rest, although i have to say i was hoping for a better goals return. I know Malonga wasn't exactly prolific, but my point was I think Cummings was better with Dom up top with him than Stokes. Don't want to labour the point but maybe Dom wanted to leave if he was told Stokes would be playing every game.

I really like stokes, but he needs to stop with the needless flicks and tricks

Thecat23
06-05-2016, 06:12 PM

Sorry I wasn't sayin you were, Dom and Cummings looked better at times no doubt. In fact Keatings and Cummings look better just now as well. But Cummimgs has goals in him so can we leave him out?

I think the main point folk keep missing though is HE wanted to leave us. Nothing more nothing less! We'd be stronger if we had Stokes and Dom but that's me dreaming 😁

geohibby
06-05-2016, 06:15 PM
If their seriously offering a million for him, we'd be stupid to knock it back.

he misses far more than he scores, if we had a clinical finisher we wouldnt be finishing 3rd

Smartie
06-05-2016, 06:16 PM
As I say I'm a fan of Malonga, but some think he was a goal machine and he wasn't. Our decline started before he left no? Stokes and Cummings hasn't hit off as much as we all hoped but I seen Dom strut through games as if he couldn't be bothered! But I've also seen him produce some magic which Stokes hasn't.

If someone said Stokes or Malonga I'd take Stokes! He's not been a bad player in fact far from it. But id love to see more goals.

It's a tricky one.

If Cummings left and it was a straight swap between Malonga and Stokes I'd take Stokes every day of the week.

But if I were given the choice between the partnership of Cummings and Malonga and the partnership of Cummings and Stokes I'd take Cummings and Malonga every day of the week.

I don't think we've ever really found an ideal partner for Jason and if any club were to do so I think they might have a phenomenal player on their hands.

He has a few rough edges but huge talent and for that reason I think we should hold out for a very decent fee for him rather than jump at £1m.

Fritz
06-05-2016, 06:20 PM
he misses far more than he scores, if we had a clinical finisher we wouldnt be finishing 3rd

Who's that then?

snooky
06-05-2016, 06:21 PM
I thought we already threw JC to the Wolves when he missed the pen in the semi?

Lago
06-05-2016, 06:23 PM
1) he is yet to sign a new contract, & I don't think he will.

2) it's only paper talk

portyhibernian
06-05-2016, 06:41 PM
As Aldo said earlier in the thread, we could end up backed into a corner unless he signs a new deal, which IMO he won't. If the money was invested wisely then £1m would be a great deal for all parties, and I'm sure Petrie would make sure we benefitted from any future sale aswell.

Big L
06-05-2016, 06:43 PM
I would like us to sell him to Wigan, get cash and McKay, if McKay got the chances Cummins gets he would score plenty!

JimBHibees
06-05-2016, 06:44 PM

Which striker in the world doesn't.

MWHIBBIES
06-05-2016, 07:13 PM
Hearts scored 92 goals in this league last season. Hearts.

Finding strikers isn't the problem, getting a coach to play attacking football is.You actually don't think Stubbs plays attacking football? Good lord...

Smartie
06-05-2016, 07:16 PM
You actually don't think Stubbs plays attacking football? Good lord...

I do.

Not always direct enough, not enough pace in the side and we don't score enough goals but I do think he plays attacking football.

J-C
06-05-2016, 07:22 PM
Bite their hands off, decent young striker and nothing more, poor in the air, doesn't hold the ball up well and misses too many, poor ratio.

Fritz
06-05-2016, 07:28 PM
Bite their hands off, decent young striker and nothing more, poor in the air, doesn't hold the ball up well and misses too many, poor ratio.

Staggering.

bigwheel
06-05-2016, 07:29 PM

It's really quite interesting the lack of love for Jason. I can't recall any young strikers who have done as well as him, getting such a mixed response ....a 20+ goal striker 2 years in a row....not the finished product but i reckon we will deeply miss him when he is gone ..

Fritz
06-05-2016, 07:30 PM
It's really quite interesting the lack of love for Jason. I can't recall any young strikers who have done as well as him, getting such a mixed response ....a 20+ goal striker 2 years in a row....not the finished product but i reckon we will deeply miss him when he is gone ..

Spot on.

ancient hibee
06-05-2016, 07:36 PM

Didn't look poor in the air when he scored a peach against QOS.

skipster7
06-05-2016, 07:48 PM
:agree: A guy who scores in almost every game against Hearts and the Huns, 20+ goals in last 2 seasons. Finished article- no, but worth his weight in gold in this team.

JimBHibees
06-05-2016, 08:01 PM

Poor in the air my ass what a header at Tynecastle. Jeezo incredible amount of guff on this forum at the moment.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-05-2016, 08:04 PM

Yes...

"Remember when we used to have Jason Cummings?"
"Some player in his day, championship mind you"
"Yes. But. £1M - we bit their hands off"
"Rod did his thing"
"Well we were well supportive - it was about the one thing he did that almost united the support"
"So back to the game - no invention, so predictable give me a Gary Barlow over a Robbie Williams type any day"
"Don't get me started on Williams...!"

RoscoHibby
06-05-2016, 08:10 PM

There are probably lots of reasons why not everyone has nothing but love for him. For me, he's just so wasteful and takes the wrong option so many times. Plays for himself too much, take the semi against utd, that pen was for Jason Cummings, not for hibs in the Scottish cup semi final (ffs!)
I think if keatings had played every minute Cummings has (and takes the pens..) he'd have as many or more goals.

Gotta remember the context here tho, talking about his inevitable departure and a lot of money...I still love him for all his goals, especially his knack against the Hun, big and small. But he exasperates me beyond belief.

J-C
06-05-2016, 08:11 PM

I don't love him, I think he's a good decent young striker who is still learning his trade, I think he's maybe decided his future is elsewhere and for £1m I'd grab it. He may be 20+ goals but he still squander a lot and he can be a very selfish player and as for the QOS goal he was unmarked and about 18 in off the ground. Could do with another season here learning but that may not case, so take the money and invest in the team.

The Harp
06-05-2016, 08:27 PM
Poor in the air my ass what a header at Tynecastle. Jeezo incredible amount of guff on this forum at the moment.

Spot on! Can't believe the willingness of some on here to push one of our brightest prospects in years & our top scorer for the last couple of seasons out the door.
Speculation like this is the last thing we need right now IMHO

Bronson
06-05-2016, 08:29 PM
Scores goals, especially in the big teams, which cannot be underestimated.

That being said, his arrogance has made him a liability at times this season. He's still very rough around the edges so if we get offered anything in the 7 figure region I'd take it and run for the hills.

HoboHarry
06-05-2016, 08:34 PM
Take the first offer we get for a young talent we have on our books and we are not even in the close season yet. Lol - I hope none of those saying that are in charge of their own business.....

Bostonhibby
06-05-2016, 08:42 PM
I think we forget how much cash is swilling around the English Championship/Premiership. Swansea have been chucking half a million at a time at unproven Falkirk players.
Agree.

£3M and by the time he's seen Wolverhampton the cheque will hopefully be cashed

Bostonhibby
06-05-2016, 08:46 PM
Is that the guy who runs the rovers return in coronation street?
He's getting on a bit.

inglisavhibs
06-05-2016, 08:50 PM
:agree: A guy who scores in almost every game against Hearts and the Huns, 20+ goals in last 2 seasons. Finished article- no, but worth his weight in gold in this team.
Some rubbish on this thread, Jason has been brilliant for Hibs. Just ask supporters of other team who they fear and the first name is Cummings. Would like to know where all these strikers are that we can replace him with? If it was easy to get 20 goal strikers we would have one playing beside him instead of having to get Stokes on loan.

bingo70
06-05-2016, 08:51 PM
Sorry if this has been covered but I read a couple of months ago Cummings hasn't scored more than one goal in a game this season, I thought it couldn't be true but I can't think of a game it's happened, can anyone confirm?

If true IMO it might go some way to explaining his unpopularity, I think Jason Cummings plays for Jason Cummings and the perception is he doesn't really care about the team. I don't know if that's true or not but if that stat was true it could show he shuts off after he gets his goal.

If that stat isn't true then the rest of my post is pish so please ignore

MWHIBBIES
06-05-2016, 08:54 PM
Sorry if this has been covered but I read a couple of months ago Cummings hasn't scored more than one goal in a game this season, I thought it couldn't be true but I can't think of a game it's happened, can anyone confirm?

If true IMO it might go some way to explaining his unpopularity, I think Jason Cummings plays for Jason Cummings and the perception is he doesn't really care about the team. I don't know if that's true or not but if that stat was true it could show he shuts off after he gets his goal.

If that stat isn't true then the rest of my post is pish so please ignoreFalkirk 2/3 weeks back is the only game he has scored twice in all season.

The Sundance Kid

He finally broke that duck in the 2-2 draw with Falkirk at Easter Road where he scored both goals but that had been the case up until that point and he hasn't repeated it since.

inglisavhibs
I don't love him, I think he's a good decent young striker who is still learning his trade, I think he's maybe decided his future is elsewhere and for £1m I'd grab it. He may be 20+ goals but he still squander a lot and he can be a very selfish player and as for the QOS goal he was unmarked and about 18 in off the ground. Could do with another season here learning but that may not case, so take the money and invest in the team.
You haven,t watched his goal against Queens properly. watch it again, he is marked but feints a wee forward before stepping backwards to free himself. Great striker move which he does naturally and something very few have.

Bostonhibby
06-05-2016, 08:55 PM
[emoji106] yep, I think we've forgotten what a good instinctive goalscorer looks like in recent years.

The hammer of the yams that's for sure.

Another one we'll miss when he's gone and we've spent half the transfer money on a piss head from Shrewsbury or somewhere like it.

Hermit Crab
06-05-2016, 09:02 PM
Bite their hand off. Cya Jason.

bingo70
06-05-2016, 09:02 PM
He finally broke that duck in the 2-2 draw with Falkirk at Easter Road where he scored both goals but that had been the case up until that point and he hasn't repeated it since.

Cheers, one of them was a penalty wasn't it? My memory is shocking these days!

In the interests of balance I should add I think his goal against hearts at tynecastle is massively under rated, think it took unbelievable technique and ability to do that. Likewise his wee dink at ibrox showed he's got absolutely bags of ability, I'm just not sure he uses it as best he can all the time.

Fritz
06-05-2016, 09:07 PM
Bite their hand off. Cya Jason.
Ah yes, as expected. What utter self-indulgent drivel.

Hermit Crab
06-05-2016, 09:08 PM
Ah yes, as expected. What utter self-indulgent drivel.

You wouldn't take 1m for an average player? Pish.

Hermit Crab
06-05-2016, 09:09 PM

Shaw in the under 20s deserves a chance.

Hermit Crab
06-05-2016, 09:10 PM
£1m ? "SOLD" !

:agree: 100%

HoboHarry
06-05-2016, 09:13 PM

It's you that is talking nonsense. In what world would a club take the first offer they got? Especially since we aren't even in the close season when the real transfer activity starts.

Fritz
06-05-2016, 09:14 PM

Stevenson's an average player. Cummings? A
21 year old who's scored 20+ goals each of the last 2 seasons? Nope. Bur then again I don't believe the reports in the first place.

Hermit Crab
06-05-2016, 09:14 PM
It's you that is talking nonsense. In what world would a club take the first offer they got? Especially since we aren't even in the close season when the real transfer activity starts.

There will not be a bidding war for cummings i can assure you that.

B.H.F.C
06-05-2016, 09:16 PM

Have you seen much of Shaw?

Fritz
06-05-2016, 09:18 PM

In that, at least, we're agreed.

Hermit Crab
06-05-2016, 09:18 PM
Have you seen much of Shaw?

Once or twice but can't get to many 20's matches now as I work nightshift all the time.

B.H.F.C
06-05-2016, 09:19 PM
Once or twice but can't get to many 20's matches now as I work nightshift all the time.

So what's your basis for him deserving a chance?

stoneyburn hibs

How can you assure that ?

J-C
You haven,t watched his goal against Queens properly. watch it again, he is marked but feints a wee forward before stepping backwards to free himself. Great striker move which he does naturally and something very few have.

I never said it wasn't a clever goal to make space for himself, just he didn't have to leap high in the air to score, my point was he doesn't win many headers to high balls. I like Jason, his dad is a good friend mine, I just get the impression he's thinking about a move, he's still raw but if he wants to go, take the cash and invest.

Hermit Crab
06-05-2016, 09:20 PM
How can you assure that ?

Two seasons now, similar number of goals. How many bids for him?

Carheenlea
06-05-2016, 09:22 PM
I would say Jason Cummings is highly regarded in the game, and plenty clubs would be keen to sign him. A few posters have cited his arrogance as a negative, but it`s that arrogance that could take him far in the sport.

Jonnyboy
06-05-2016, 09:25 PM

He was unmarked because he ghosted behind his marker

stoneyburn hibs
Two seasons now, similar number of goals. How many bids for him?

Is that it assured ? Two seasons over 40 goals, top scorer over two seasons and still only 20. I can now understand why you don't rate him.

bingo70
Stevenson's an average player. Cummings? A
21 year old who's scored 20+ goals each of the last 2 seasons? Nope. Bur then again I don't believe the reports in the first place.

I think you need to take into account the standard he's scored goals at though.

I think hermit was harsh with his dismissal of what JC has done but I probably do agree with his general point that I'm not convinced he's that good.

Whenever I see Cummings play I think he's dreadful but then I see his stats and you can't really argue with them, especially for his age.

If we were offered £1m there's no question I'd take it, I tend to think a big lump up front that never left the 18 yard box would score as many goals if we had good wingers creating chances, a big unit up top would probably also do more to help midfielders score more too.

HoboHarry
Hermit Crab - It doesn't need to be a bidding war, it only needs one better bid in a month or two to justify waiting. Anyway, I think you know that and for reasons best known to yourself you like to post rubbish to bring others in to a daft discussion so I will leave it at that.

Alfred E Newman
06-05-2016, 09:27 PM

Who needs a 25 goals a season striker when we've got Dagnal , he is bound to score eventually .

3pm
06-05-2016, 09:27 PM

If he hasn't scored in more than one game, means he must have scored in about 23 games. Decent.

JimBHibees
06-05-2016, 09:31 PM

Well you really can't assure anyone of that. Derby and Wolves been linked will be others.

geohibby
06-05-2016, 09:36 PM
Can't help but laugh at some people on here.

"He's not clinical enough he should have 45 goals, he's only scored 4 good goals, all the others you expect him to score."

No clue about football, do you think it just so happens he is in the right position time and time again? Makes good runs non stop for a chance.

People said if fletch had a right foot he would score more, if deek could header a ball blah blah blah.

Next thing you know we end up with John collins who can't score at all.

People really need to put it into perspective. Jason is a very good striker and we are lucky to have him at this club.

I think we could get 1.5 million

it doesnt matter how many runs he makes,counts for what? nothing, goals that counts and he misses way to much

HoboHarry
06-05-2016, 09:46 PM
And still it appears that at least one club are prepared to pay 1m. Funny that.....

Fritz
06-05-2016, 09:46 PM
I think you need to take into account the standard he's scored goals at though.

I think hermit was harsh with his dismissal of what JC has done but I probably do agree with his general point that I'm not convinced he's that good.

Whenever I see Cummings play I think he's dreadful but then I see his stats and you can't really argue with them, especially for his age.

If we were offered £1m there's no question I'd take it, I tend to think a big lump up front that never left the 18 yard box would score as many goals if we had good wingers creating chances, a big unit up top would probably also do more to help midfielders score more too.

That's fair enough about the standard bingo, but then again how many other players have scored more than Cummings at this level in recent memory? Certainly no hearts player last season. Waghorn scored more this season but a lot of those were penalties.

Fritz
06-05-2016, 09:49 PM
it doesnt matter how many runs he makes,counts for what? nothing, goals that counts and he misses way to much

Yes, it's goals that count and he's got how many? Including how many in big games against hearts, gers and Premiership sides? Honestly, what a load of rubbish.

bigwheel
06-05-2016, 09:53 PM
Some fans seem to be wanting us to ditch the best goalscorer we have for 1M. Jeez. , when did money count for so much - it could take us years to get such a natural talent again. He's a 20+ goal a season player. We went for years dreaming about one of them ....

MWHIBBIES
06-05-2016, 09:57 PM
Two seasons now, similar number of goals. How many bids for him?You really aren't very bright are you? Maybe Hibs have told any enquirers that he isn't for sale because he had time to run on his deal and we needed him? We still need him but he doesn't have time to run, only a year and if he isn't going to sign Hibs will be looking to move him on for a fee.

No one bidding so far doesn't mean nobody is interested or would be interested if he became available.

inglisavhibs
06-05-2016, 09:58 PM
I never said it wasn't a clever goal to make space for himself, just he didn't have to leap high in the air to score, my point was he doesn't win many headers to high balls. I like Jason, his dad is a good friend mine, I just get the impression he's thinking about a move, he's still raw but if he wants to go, take the cash and invest.
Of course he is raw, he is still learning his trade but we will miss him hugely when he goes. As for his heading ability I recall him scoring a brilliant goal at Tynie without which we wouldn't have a cup final to look forward to, he also scored a similar header for Scotland under 20's and the one mentioned above. Amazing how people can't recognise a talent when it's right in front of them.

3pm
06-05-2016, 09:59 PM
I don't mind Jason at all. He'll score goals in Scotland.

But if anyone offered us a million for any of our players, they can go. Maybe a bit more for McGinn - £8m.

B.H.F.C
06-05-2016, 10:02 PM
Some fans seem to be wanting us to ditch the best goalscorer we have for 1M. Jeez. , when did money count for so much - it could take us years to get such a natural talent again. He's a 20+ goal a season player. We went for years dreaming about one of them ....

Yep. We need to add to his goals as it is. If we sell then we need to replace them before we even think about adding those goals that have been missing this year. Easier said than done.

bingo70
06-05-2016, 10:03 PM
That's fair enough about the standard bingo, but then again how many other players have scored more than Cummings at this level in recent memory? Certainly no hearts player last season. Waghorn scored more this season but a lot of those were penalties.

This isn't necessarily a criticism of Cummings but as a support I think we put too much emphasis on strikers scoring 20 goals a season. Using your comparison with hearts, unfortunately they've been consistently better than us for god knows how long but I can't think of the last 20 goals a season striker they've had?

IMO they've had better team players up front that's allowed their midfielders to chip in with more goals, even if their strikers didn't grab the headlines as much.

Who are our top scoring midfielders? Mcginn with 3 or 4?! Don't think Mcgeouch or Bartley has scored, fyvie with 1or 2, henderson with 3 or 4?

I've genuinely no idea but I do know our midfield don't score enough, IMO a striker that scored 10 but created 10 others would be more valuable than a striker scoring 20 but creating little else.

Fritz
06-05-2016, 10:14 PM
This isn't necessarily a criticism of Cummings but as a support I think we put too much emphasis on strikers scoring 20 goals a season. Using your comparison with hearts, unfortunately they've been consistently better than us for god knows how long but I can't think of the last 20 goals a season striker they've had?

IMO they've had better team players up front that's allowed their midfielders to chip in with more goals, even if their strikers didn't grab the headlines as much.

Who are our top scoring midfielders? Mcginn with 3 or 4?! Don't think Mcgeouch or Bartley has scored, fyvie with 1or 2, henderson with 3 or 4?

I've genuinely no idea but I do know our midfield don't score enough, IMO a striker that scored 10 but created 10 others would be more valuable than a striker scoring 20 but creating little else.

I agree 100% that we need more goals from other areas, most notably midfield. We've underperformed this season, but to single him out for criticism (not saying you have) is, in my opinion, very unfair when the likes of McGinn and Henderson are getting lauded. Cummings brief as a striker is to score goals. He's done that. Someone earlier posted if we'd had a different striker we wouldnt be 3rd, implying we'd have finished higher. I'd suggest we wouldnt have made the playoffs.

Scott Allan Key
06-05-2016, 10:17 PM
Didn't look poor in the air when he scored a peach against QOS.

No, or the looping header against Hearts at Tynie. Amazing that he is being seen as a bit of a scapegoat, despite being by far our top scorer. Hibs failure to spread goals in midfield, score more from set pieces and crosses isn't Jason's fault.

J-C
06-05-2016, 10:50 PM
He was unmarked because he ghosted behind his marker

Maybe unmarked wasn't the best choice of words, on the phone and typing quickly as I was in the taxi rank, yes it was a clever piece of movement my Jason and I acknowledged that in the post above. My point I was trying to make was his ability to win headers when challenged by a defender, he doesn't win many due to his poor jumping and his height, not his ability to win headers by making space for himself in the box by good movement, they are two different things.

rcarter1
06-05-2016, 11:09 PM
I would say Jason Cummings is highly regarded in the game, and plenty clubs would be keen to sign him. A few posters have cited his arrogance as a negative, but it`s that arrogance that could take him far in the sport.

The arrogance can be a useful attribute, but I wonder what Leicesters success was built on. Ive not got the impression it is built on arrogant individuals. Cummings makes me chuckle at times, but this is a team game.

Penicuik Hibee
06-05-2016, 11:12 PM
Cummings has been great for us. I really thing if he had a big strong CF beside him to win headers and create chances for him along with some pace on the flanks to get early crosses in (like Boyles v QoS), he would score even more. Of course he can be frustrating and do bizarre things like the pen v Dundee Utd. But that confidence is what separates him from the likes of Dagnal who seems to work hard but has rarely looked like scoring

Viva_Palmeiras
06-05-2016, 11:18 PM
Cummings has been great for us. I really thing if he had a big strong CF beside him to win headers and create chances for him along with some pace on the flanks to get early crosses in (like Boyles v QoS), he would score even more. Of course he can be frustrating and do bizarre things like the pen v Dundee Utd. But that confidence is what separates him from the likes of Dagnal who seems to work hard but has rarely looked like scoring

Voice of reason. IMO - in short supply of late whilst the main approach has been to ignore all the musing of Kiplings IF (perhaps needs a make-over for Hibs?)

The Green Goblin
06-05-2016, 11:26 PM

Finally! :greengrin The whole thread was reading like a script from "Flog it!" Until this post. :agree:

Nobody is irreplacable, but I also think we should try to keep him.

The Green Goblin
06-05-2016, 11:30 PM
A rumour appears about our top scorer going to England in the press.... :hmmm:

Do we have a cup final against one of the Glasow teams coming up? Oh look! Yes we do! What strange timing that is. :greengrin

Penicuik Hibee
06-05-2016, 11:33 PM
He is the most similar player I have seen to John Robertson. Scores important goals esp v Hearts and Huns. A real poacher. Not an all round great player. The Company I worked for used to sponsor Hearts so I had to go to some of their matches (and cheers on the other team). But I remember as much as I hated Sandy Clark and he hardly ever scored. He used to knock 10 bells out of the opposition and create so many chances for Robbo. Unfortunately Cummings has never had that since he came into the team - which is why I kept hoping Farid would come back fitter and stronger. But despite us not creating many clear chances per game, his record is excellent. Unlike any of our other strikers and a lack of goals from the midfield - which is a real problem.

LaMotta
06-05-2016, 11:38 PM
The arrogance can be a useful attribute, but I wonder what Leicesters success was built on. Ive not got the impression it is built on arrogant individuals. Cummings makes me chuckle at times, but this is a team game.

Really? You dont think Vardy is arrogant??

MWHIBBIES
06-05-2016, 11:44 PM
The arrogance can be a useful attribute, but I wonder what Leicesters success was built on. Ive not got the impression it is built on arrogant individuals. Cummings makes me chuckle at times, but this is a team game.Yep, you'd never catch a Leicester player chipping a penalty in a big game.

Well, except this guy :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iad3gV-9C1U

rcarter1
06-05-2016, 11:45 PM
Really? You dont think Vardy is arrogant??

It was more a comment on their team ethic. But to be fair, considering what Vardy has achieved, at least he can back up the arrogance with results.

jgl07
07-05-2016, 12:52 AM
This thread is absolutely ridiculous. Yes punt Hibs top scorer. A real smart move that one.

Do I have to remind everyone what happened when Leigh Griffiths' loan expired and Eoin Doyle was sold to Chesterfield? Then, for good measure, David Wotherspoon was punted to St Johnstone? That was Hibs top three scorers away.

We all know what happened that season.

Take away the goals scored by Cummings and the on-loan Stokes and it would have been a very grim season indeed.

MWHIBBIES
07-05-2016, 01:51 AM
This thread is absolutely ridiculous. Yes punt Hibs top scorer. A real smart move that one.

Do I have to remind everyone what happened when Leigh Griffiths' loan expired and Eoin Doyle was sold to Chesterfield? Then, for good measure, David Wotherspoon was punted to St Johnstone? That was Hibs top three scorers away.

Take away the goals scored by Cummings and the on-loan Stokes and it would have been a very grim season indeed.Would we have played with 9 men like? We would have 2 different forwards, they might even have scored more goals...

I like Cummings, he has given me plenty of good memories over the last 2 years but lets be real, if a club comes in with a good offer we'd have to accept it, we cant afford to let him walk on a free.

dmc1875
07-05-2016, 02:09 AM

Take away the goals scored by Cummings and the on-loan Stokes and it would have been a very grim season indeed.

That was mostly losing Griffiths 2bf, and the people recruited to replace him and Doyle were, well, nowhere near good enough.

I think Cummings will go in the summer and we will need to replace him and add another forward as we go with a complete new forward pairing. Keatings might get the nod and one other will be signed.

Yorkshire HFC
07-05-2016, 05:06 AM
It doesn't matter how much he's sold for - it could be £1, £1m or £10m - what matters is what you do with that money. What success have we ever had buying players? I would say very little.

i just wish that we could hold onto our players for longer - Hibs must have the worst record for selling anyone who shows any amount of talent - we seem more interested in taking the cash - then in frittering it away on unknown journeymen from England or Europe, most of who last a season then disappear.

Why can we not be a real club and build a team?

Hermit Crab
07-05-2016, 05:08 AM
It doesn't matter how much he's sold for - it could be £1, £1m or £10m - what matters is what you do with that money. What success have we ever had buying players? I would say very little.

i just wish that we could hold onto our players for longer - Hibs must have the worst record for selling anyone who shows any amount of talent - we seem more interested in taking the cash - then in frittering it away on unknown journeymen from England or Europe, most of who last a season then disappear.

I think Dundee Utd may beat us with that record.

Pete
07-05-2016, 05:11 AM

If we have the "worst record" for selling talent, who are these other "real clubs" in Scotland who hold onto their best players and build teams?

It's a laughable statement when you think about how other clubs have behaved. United and Falkirk off the top of my head.

Open your eyes mate. We're all selling clubs.

Baader
07-05-2016, 06:47 AM
No doubt Hun media trying their best to unsettle us before a big game v them. Goalscorers fetch the highest price in football and 1M is chicken feed in English leagues. If Cummings was hitting the same tally in League Two there he'd fetch double that. He's worth more than they're supposedly offering.

Aldo
07-05-2016, 06:49 AM
It's a shame Farid has been injured because we saw glimpses of the makings of a partnership at the end of last season.

His header against the yams into the space for Jason to score was superb.

Jason is probably best when he doesn't need to think about what he's got to do. Like in midweek.

He just wants to score goals.

Maybe we should be playing more to his strengths??

scotiaf
07-05-2016, 07:02 AM
Pretty sure every other team bar Celtic would take Cummings in Scotland. The boy scores goals and that's a skill
You can't teach. He will get better also. If we can get him to sign a 1 year extension it would be enough for him to develop and we gain another year before having to sell.