PDA

View Full Version : Let's be positive

InchHibby
06-05-2016, 01:59 PM
On reading some of the threads on this forum I can't help but detect an over whelming feeling of negativity.
I totally understand the feelings of all who posted, between should Stubbs go, what if we don't get promoted, what if we don't do that or don't do this.
Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion and of course a forum such as this gives us a release to vent our thoughts and disappointments, but I think lately some of the criticism has been a bit over the top.
I have supported Hibs for nearly 60 years now and attend all home games and all away games other than Ibrox and Parkhead and I have probably had more disappointments than most on this forum but what I do know is the type of negativity displayed lately doesn't help anyone and it definately doesn't help the players either, as I'm sure more than a few must log in.
Don't get me wrong, I understand everyone's disappointment but I do think that at this crucial time we should all be getting 100 per cent behind the team because at the moment we are still, in my view, favourites for promotion and in beating Raith on Saturday this will spur us on to the double header with Falkirk and victory there will really set the team up for the cup final.
I say lets have a couple of positive threads and get rid of this doom and gloom attitudes, we have reached two cup finals, I think this is a first for any team not in the top tier, we are still, in my opinion, favourites to go up, I fancy us for the cup and just to finish I've seen some crap and had more than a few disappointing seasons over the last decade or two but this one for me has seen some brilliant and exciting games.
GGTTH

CallumLaidlaw
06-05-2016, 02:11 PM
On reading some of the threads on this forum I can't help but detect an over whelming feeling of negativity.
I totally understand the feelings of all who posted, between should Stubbs go, what if we don't get promoted, what if we don't do that or don't do this.
Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion and of course a forum such as this gives us a release to vent our thoughts and disappointments, but I think lately some of the criticism has been a bit over the top.
I have supported Hibs for nearly 60 years now and attend all home games and all away games other than Ibrox and Parkhead and I have probably had more disappointments than most on this forum but what I do know is the type of negativity displayed lately doesn't help anyone and it definately doesn't help the players either, as I'm sure more than a few must log in.
Don't get me wrong, I understand everyone's disappointment but I do think that at this crucial time we should all be getting 100 per cent behind the team because at the moment we are still, in my view, favourites for promotion and in beating Raith on Saturday this will spur us on to the double header with Falkirk and victory there will really set the team up for the cup final.
I say lets have a couple of positive threads and get rid of this doom and gloom attitudes, we have reached two cup finals, I think this is a first for any team not in the top tier, we are still, in my opinion, favourites to go up, I fancy us for the cup and just to finish I've seen some crap and had more than a few disappointing seasons over the last decade or two but this one for me has seen some brilliant and exciting games.
GGTTH

I think the problem lies with the fact that dozens of times now we've tried to be positive, and we keep on falling flat on our faces. Cup finals, 2nd leg of play offs last season, after the Falkirk 2-2 game a few weeks ago, and on and on and on.

Don't get me wrong, I 100% believe we can beat Raith, and will be behind the team 100% tomorrow. There is just something in my head that says we won't do it. We won't get an early goal and the pressure will mount. Unfortunately, Wednesday was the story of our season - umpteen chances and undone by a set piece/cross into the box. If it was a 1 off I'd feel a lot more positive, but considering our average goals scored in a game is less than 2 this season, and our average conceded is basically 1 a game, it doesnt fill me will optimism, and I like to think that I am full of positive mental attitude normally.

erin go bragh
06-05-2016, 02:12 PM
100 % mate .👍 Well said .

GGTTH

HibbyRod
06-05-2016, 02:28 PM
GGTTH

Well, I'm with you on this anyway InchyBoy! :greengrin

Come oan the Hibs!!!

northstandhibby
06-05-2016, 02:29 PM
I think the problem lies with the fact that dozens of times now we've tried to be positive, and we keep on falling flat on our faces. Cup finals, 2nd leg of play offs last season, after the Falkirk 2-2 game a few weeks ago, and on and on and on.

Don't get me wrong, I 100% believe we can beat Raith, and will be behind the team 100% tomorrow. There is just something in my head that says we won't do it. We won't get an early goal and the pressure will mount. Unfortunately, Wednesday was the story of our season - umpteen chances and undone by a set piece/cross into the box. If it was a 1 off I'd feel a lot more positive, but considering our average goals scored in a game is less than 2 this season, and our average conceded is basically 1 a game, it doesnt fill me will optimism, and I like to think that I am full of positive mental attitude normally.

If we do get the early goal, the relief will be immense. ER will be buzzing to go on and get the win. Would be brilliant. It's a pressure cooker just now. An early goal and ER will be rocking. Come on Hibs.

CallumLaidlaw
06-05-2016, 02:31 PM
If we do get the early goal, the relief will be immense. ER will be buzzing to go on and get the win. Would be brilliant. It's a pressure cooker just now. An early goal and ER will be rocking. Come on Hibs.

I agree. Would make a huge difference

Ronniekirk
06-05-2016, 02:40 PM
I have probably posted my fair share of posts that wont have been exactly positive
But when i roll up on Saturday i am there to support the team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jdawg
06-05-2016, 02:43 PM
In general, people need to separate what happens on here and what the fans are like at the game.

Fans are always going to take their frustration out on a forum, that is both natural and understandable.

Hibs had around 2700 at the Raith game, the fans are behind the team, we continue to sell out most big games and there is still generally 8-10k at ER for league games. That is double (triple of some clubs) what most teams get out with the top 3 in spfl and Rangers.

Smartie
06-05-2016, 02:53 PM
Wednesday was brutal and there's no doubt tomorrow has the potential to be the same.

But it is easy to forget that this is a team - and a support - who have managed to do the business on many occasions this season.

We've fought back from the dead at Tynecastle. We've won semi-finals. We've beaten premier league teams in the cups regularly. We've beaten Rangers twice. We've at times defended well and at times attacked well, looked a threat AND at times even taken our chances. And the fans have often (although not always) stuck with the team when the chips have been down.

There is no reason why we can't do it tomorrow. The team really need us, the fans, to keep the heid tomorrow because if we don't we could easily become Raith's twelfth man.

It would be great if we could get an early goal tomorrow and settle everyone down. But if it doesn't come it is vitally important that the players don't let their heads drop or that we, the fans, don't encourage their heads to drop by being twats.

Big game tomorrow but we CAN do it.

northstandhibby
06-05-2016, 02:56 PM
I have probably posted my fair share of posts that wont have been exactly positive

Brilliant post. A normal supporter who takes defeat hard. Gets over it and ready to back the club again 100%.

Sounds about right Ronnie :aok:

CockneyRebel
06-05-2016, 06:46 PM
Brilliant post. A normal supporter who takes defeat hard. Gets over it and ready to back the club again 100%.

Sounds about right Ronnie :aok:

There are thousands of us who feel the same

emerald green
06-05-2016, 06:48 PM
Here's some stats that give cause for optimism for the right result tomorrow.

Hibs have played 25 games at ER in all competitions this season:

W19 D4 L2. The two Hibs lost were against Morton & The Rangers in the Petrol Cup.

Raith Rovers have lost twice at ER this season without scoring a goal.

Hibs have scored at least two goals in each of their last five home matches.

Finally, the supporters have to be patient even if there is no early Hibs goal. Hibs are the better team, but when chances come along they must take them.

Hibernia&Alba
06-05-2016, 06:52 PM
I'm confident we'll win comfortably tomorrow. Whether we'll then be able to get past Falkirk is something I'm less certain about.

rotherhamrob
06-05-2016, 07:04 PM
We'll win by 3clear goals tomorrow and wonder what all the worry was about,then when Tuesday comes we'll all start worrying again.

SON OF PADDY
06-05-2016, 07:51 PM
GGTTH

Couldn't agree more !
Fan's of a certain age " of which I'm one " have suffered through the the years, the thing that keeps us going is ?
We're Hibs through and through !!
Get right behind the boy's from the very start, we can and we will win tomorrow.
Ggtth

hibby6270
06-05-2016, 08:19 PM
Couldn't agree more !
Fan's of a certain age " of which I'm one " have suffered through the the years, the thing that keeps us going is ?
We're Hibs through and through !!
Get right behind the boy's from the very start, we can and we will win tomorrow.
Ggtth

I'm in the same boat as you and the OP.
50+ years of good times, bad times. That can, unfortunately, instil a dose of reality into the way we think. It's not negativity.
But end of the day we are Hibs and will support them ever more.
Nothing else would be acceptable.
GGTTH

iwasthere1972
06-05-2016, 08:26 PM
50 years of supporting the Hibees with not that much to show for it but as usual I'll be back at Easter Road tomorrow in my usual seat. Fingers crossed that we'll all be moaning during the week about problems we're having getting tickets for the Falkirk matches. :wink:

GGTTH

:flag: :flag: :flag:

SON OF PADDY
06-05-2016, 11:32 PM
50 years of supporting the Hibees with not that much to show for it but as usual I'll be back at Easter Road tomorrow in my usual seat. Fingers crossed that we'll all be moaning during the week about problems we're having getting tickets for the Falkirk matches. :wink:

GGTTH

:flag: :flag: :flag:

Amen Brother !! Keep the faith. ggtth

Hibeewilly
07-05-2016, 05:52 AM
Come on fellow Hibees lets rock Easter Road today and get right behind Stubbsy and the team! GGTTH

Big90inOz
07-05-2016, 07:10 AM
It's the team and Stubbs who need to be positive, we need to come out the blocks and smash them. Never mind tippy tappy football we need to be positive and get them panicking. Every pass needs to be positive, one on ones need to become an opportunity to put them under pressure rather than a reason to pass back. A look at goals needs to be a shot unless there is something obviously better.
We cannot allow them time to get extra men behind the ball.
We need each player to beat his direct opponent

Pretty Boy
07-05-2016, 07:17 AM

Snap.

I've always thought of venting on here post game as being similar to letting off steam in the pub with a rant post game, just a different platform.

I'm certain that how the majority people behave at the games is different from how they come across on here. I follow Hibs home and away and back the team. I don't really think of having a mump and moan on here as being contradictory to that.

hibsbollah
07-05-2016, 07:39 AM
I'm more miserable and negative at games than I am on here. By 2:30pm I might well have taken a zippo lighter to my scarf and sent a hard cold pie in the general direction of the dugout.

:flag:

Hermit Crab
07-05-2016, 07:54 AM
I'm more miserable and negative at games than I am on here. By 2:30pm I might well have taken a zippo lighter to my scarf and sent a hard cold pie in the general direction of the dugout.

:flag:

Plenty of them served up on match days inside the ground.