PDA

View Full Version : Reaction at end on Sat

Glorious St Pat
06-05-2016, 09:56 AM
Really hope it doesn't happen, but say we don't make it on Sat and a third year beckons in the Championship - how will the fans respond?

Feel there would be no spontaneous clapping like against the Huns last year more likely sadness, stunned silence, jeers and boos.

Feel we all have to be mindful how we respond given the upcoming Cup Final.

Saying all that, really really hope it doesn't come to that.

HFC 0-7
06-05-2016, 10:01 AM
Really hope it doesn't happen, but say we don't make it on Sat and a third year beckons in the Championship - how will the fans respond?

Feel there would be no spontaneous clapping like against the Huns last year more likely sadness, stunned silence, jeers and boos.

Losing to Raith doesnt deserve clapping. In terms of the reaction, if we dont look like we have had full out attack to win the game then I think the reaction will be pretty nasty.

If we lose but have really went for it there will still be a lot of boos.

We need to get out the traps flying to get the fans on board, Raith will be trying everything to get hibs fans frustrated at the start.

SJM
06-05-2016, 10:02 AM
Boos all round. It will be a disaster.

Can't see I though. We have to tomorrow and we will.

madhatter
06-05-2016, 10:04 AM

I predict a riot.

Ronniekirk
06-05-2016, 10:10 AM

This

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160506/e47d19605002d2b9f57d16cdd115ce2d.jpg

Hermit Crab
06-05-2016, 10:14 AM
If we fail to get past a poor Raith team have another season down here there will quite rightly be booing and jeering.

Brightside
06-05-2016, 10:18 AM
i imagine it will be very quiet as half the fans all bugger off at about 83mins.

Wilson
06-05-2016, 10:18 AM
Relief. We'll look to the Falkirk games in expectation but knowing we will likely be put through the emotional wringer. Generous applause for a tie well negotiated.

Bring it on.

Hermit Crab
06-05-2016, 10:20 AM
i imagine it will be very quiet as half the fans all bugger off at about 83mins.

Come on now, folk pay thier money and can bugger off when they want.

Wilson
06-05-2016, 10:22 AM
Come on now, folk pay thier money and can bgger off when they want.

If hibs start charging to get out before the final whistle they could be on to a winner ;)

Brightside
06-05-2016, 10:33 AM
Come on now, folk pay thier money and can bugger off when they want.

Thats the spirit.

hibs69
06-05-2016, 10:37 AM
If it's a negative result, probably too stunned to even boo. Another year in this frustratingly pish league makes me feel sick.

SJM
06-05-2016, 10:39 AM
Thats the spirit.

How will you react if we lose?

Brightside
06-05-2016, 10:50 AM
How will you react if we lose?

I'll head to the pub and have a few pints with friends. Only a couple as i have a game on Sunday morning.

Yorkshire HFC
06-05-2016, 10:53 AM
I remember the last Raith game I was at - it was last game of the season, away and Hibs needed to win to avoid relegation (I think - or was it play offs?) - they lost and got booed at the end.

Not my happiest moment supporting them.

Hope it's different tomorrow.

SJM
06-05-2016, 10:55 AM
I'll head to the pub and have a few pints with friends. Only a couple as i have a game on Sunday morning.

I meant in regard to the team. Will you applaud them or just say nothing and walk away? Good luck on Sunday. :aok:

GordonHFC
06-05-2016, 10:56 AM
Probably not be in a particularly happy mood but have never booed the team and won't start now.

paddy1875
06-05-2016, 10:58 AM
It's not the end reaction we should be worried about, if we haven't scored before half time. The frustration will creep in early in the second half, from the stands. We know teams set out to frustrate the crowd and try turn them against the players so it's absolutely crucial we are going in at half time at least one nil up.

loanheadhibby
06-05-2016, 10:58 AM
I remember the last Raith game I was at - it was last game of the season, away and Hibs needed to win to avoid relegation (I think - or was it play offs?) - they lost and got booed at the end.

Think it was Airdie play off we went into after Raith game rather than direct relegation? I can remember Jim Leighton sauntering round to get ball for bye kick in last few minutes and he was getting slaughtered.

We can do it tomorrow. Come on the Hibs.

hibee_nation
06-05-2016, 11:01 AM

Are you not thinking of Dunfermline

Thecat23
06-05-2016, 11:05 AM
I'll get up head to my car and look forward to the final. At 38 I feel I'm to old to boo the life out the team.

SlickShoes
06-05-2016, 11:12 AM
If we lose I will angrily chat about it with my dad and walk out of the stadium angry. Nothing to be gained from booing the players and manager will know what a catastrophic failure it will have been.

It's not going to happen though and I'll leave talking about buying a ticket for Tuesday.

hibbysam
06-05-2016, 11:13 AM
I don't really find any need for a thread like this. We have to be putting all energy into supporting the team and I feel if we do we are more than capable of seeing Raith off. I'm not even thinking about not winning the game and certainly not thinking about how to react if we don't make it.

Waxy
06-05-2016, 11:14 AM
This might go to penalties. Is there another club been involved in as many penalty shootouts than us? We've been in alot over the years.

Brightside
06-05-2016, 11:18 AM
I meant in regard to the team. Will you applaud them or just say nothing and walk away? Good luck on Sunday. :aok:

I won't applaud if we are beaten...unless we have battered them for 90mins and somehow lost out on a poor decision. I'll just get up and walk out at the final whistle. Ive only ever booed once in my life and that was aimed squarely at McGivern who was a complete and utter imposter and shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near a Hibs shirt.

Don't worry we will win on Sunday....just not that sure about Sat! :wink:

Ozyhibby
06-05-2016, 11:22 AM
We won't lose the tie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve20
06-05-2016, 11:25 AM
Just walk out at the final whistle. No booing them or clapping them off.

I hope we don't play Sunshine on Leith at full time if we get knocked out. That was awful after we had been let down by the team in the playoffs last year.

flash
06-05-2016, 11:30 AM
What a car crash of a thread.

Smartie
06-05-2016, 11:33 AM
If we lose, the atmosphere will poisonous and rightly so.

Stubbs will have had 4 opportunities to get us promoted (2 as champions, 2 via the playoffs) and will have failed with those players each time. I won't be sticking around to applaud them for their efforts - they need to know that failure will not be applauded.

Then they have a cup final in a cup of weeks - any self-respecting professional should be able to motivate themselves for that regardless of a bit of aggro from the fans at the end of the previous game. Maybe some bitter criticism stinging in their ears from the people who pay their wages will motivate them more?

Hopefully it doesn't come to this though. If Stubbs picks the right team and we approach the game the right way we'll win. And if we do, the players deserve great credit for dragging themselves back from a poor position in a difficult tie and can look forward to the next one.

It's down to very fine margins at this end of the season.

Giro Playboy
06-05-2016, 12:01 PM
If we get knocked out by Raith i will be sitting outside the ground in my car offering to give Stubbsy a lift back to Merseyside

FromTheCapital
06-05-2016, 12:08 PM
I understood the clapping last year after finishing above the Huns with our predicament at the start of the season and given that we attacked them for 90 minutes at Easter road but just couldn't get over the line.

However, losing to a poor Raith side would be a disaster. I personally won't boo, I'll just walk out gutted and disappointed but if we go out there looking laboured and are defeated then it'll be quite volatile imo.

We need to back the team from the first minute to the last on Saturday, though. Raith will do everything they can to try and frustrate us. I predict a similar game to QotS last weekend but obviously there will be much more riding on it. An early goal would be a complete game changer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenpaper55
06-05-2016, 12:25 PM
Just reading through these posts is quite depressing when you think of the number of times we have been in play offs in the last ten years or so, i remember Airdrie and Dunfermline, Hamilton, Rangers and now Raith ! It's a ******g disgrace that our club has descended to these lows and it could get worse, another year in this league is the absolute pits, those at the top need to go !

bigwheel
06-05-2016, 12:30 PM
Just reading through these posts is quite depressing when you think of the number of times we have been in play offs in the last ten years or so, i remember Airdrie and Dunfermline, Hamilton, Rangers and now Raith ! It's a ******g disgrace that our club has descended to these lows and it could get worse, another year in this league is the absolute pits, those at the top need to go !

Airdrie was 19 years ago, Dunfermline as far as I recall wasn't a play off - it was a relegation battle...

But point taken 4 times in even 20 years is appalling.

SJM
06-05-2016, 12:36 PM
I won't applaud if we are beaten...unless we have battered them for 90mins and somehow lost out on a poor decision. I'll just get up and walk out at the final whistle. Ive only ever booed once in my life and that was aimed squarely at McGivern who was a complete and utter imposter and shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near a Hibs shirt.

Don't worry we will win on Sunday....just not that sure about Sat! :wink:

:greengrin :aok:

Edson Arantes
06-05-2016, 12:38 PM

If we lose to Raith over two legs it doesn't deserve any clapping.

greenpaper55
06-05-2016, 12:38 PM
Airdrie was 19 years ago, Dunfermline as far as I recall wasn't a play off - it was a relegation battle...

But point taken 4 times in even 20 years is appalling.

I must be getting Auld, i thought Airdrie was a few years ago ! still, it's just not right what is happening.

Yorkshire HFC
06-05-2016, 01:01 PM
Are you not thinking of Dunfermline

Definately Raith - I remember that I had a decent fish and chips in a hotel near the ground before the game - but I think losing meant that we had Airdrie in the play offs.

I also remember going to Raith and seeing a 2 - 0 win - I'm sure it was Alan Sneddons debut.

It's weird the things that stick in your head.

The_Exile
06-05-2016, 01:14 PM
I'll likely be feeling down for a bit afterwards if we don't pull it off but will walk up Easter Road still thankful I'm not a yam :greengrin

Ronniekirk
06-05-2016, 01:49 PM
This might go to penalties. Is there another club been involved in as many penalty shootouts than us? We've been in alot over the years.

Well with Logan in goals there will only be one winner So hopefully Raith don't want it to go to pens and go for a second goal and leave space for us to exploit

Andy74
06-05-2016, 02:09 PM
I think we will go through.

However, if we don't and basically end up as the 4th placed team in the second tier I think a bad reaction could be expected.

seanoheimhin
06-05-2016, 02:12 PM
I'd be too dejected to boo, I'd just retreat into myself for a few days to reassess what I'm doing with my life.

Would fully expect a toxic reaction from some though, and understandably so.

hibsboy69
06-05-2016, 03:03 PM

How so ?

I was only today discussing with my mates how it might go tomorrow and how important the crowd are.

We were discussing the Dun Utd fans clapping their team off the park after their defeat to Dundee and their relegation - a baffling reaction to some of us........these goons should be hounded out of Dundee, not applauded off the park !

Our situation is different though. If (god forbid) we go out to a bang average Raith team it will be nothing short of a disaster in footballing terms. However with the Cup Final still to play for it will be interesting to see how we all react.

Therefore the thread is valid and not a "car crash" IMHO. :aok:

Footnote - I happen to think we will go through......but we've lost enough games to pishy teams this season to excuse anyone who thinks differently !

Hibs Till We Die

GreenArmyyy!
06-05-2016, 03:07 PM

Will be like Hamilton all over again but angrier in my opinion.

lapsedhibee
06-05-2016, 03:18 PM
:agree:

However, if we don't and basically end up as the 4th placed team in the second tier I think a bad reaction could be expected.

The most perverse idea so far on the thread. We were 3rd ENDOF. And if we get promoted we won't have finished 12th in the premiership.

The last time I remember us playing the Raiths in a crucial which-league-will-we-end-up-in game we won 4-0. I expect similar tomorrow.

Andy74
06-05-2016, 03:25 PM

The most perverse idea so far on the thread. We were 3rd ENDOF. And if we get promoted we won't have finished 12th in the premiership.

The last time I remember us playing the Raiths in a crucial which-league-will-we-end-up-in game we won 4-0. I expect similar tomorrow.

I think you know what I'm saying - you play the league to decide the promotion and play off positions - you then move into the play off matches. It matters not a jot where you finished - the table will show third, the fact is that the team who goes out now will have three teams from the league who have got into a better position in the fight to go up.

I expect it to be us that goes through but if not, we will have ended up worse off this year league wise than Rangers, Falkirk and Raith.

Franck Stanton
06-05-2016, 03:27 PM
I've said it before & I'll say it again - IF we can't beat Raith flipping Rovers over two legs, we don't deserve to be playing in the SPL . However I for one, am confident we will win through.
In answer to the op's question, IF the unthinkable happens, [it wont], then I'll just leave with a really dark cloud above my head but will not boo the team, never have -never will. Great believer in "If you can't say something good, then don't say anything at all."

:gwa:

hibs69
06-05-2016, 04:29 PM
I'd be too dejected to boo, I'd just retreat into myself for a few days to reassess what I'm doing with my life.

Would fully expect a toxic reaction from some though, and understandably so.

Reassess what you are doing with your life? That's a bit worrying is it not?! Lol! Whatever you do, don't do something crazy like heading West. Pretty sure the cabbage could be league two and playing a pyramid play off with Penicuik Athletic and you'd still be a Hibee eh? Hope so, buddy!

GGTTH

lapsedhibee
06-05-2016, 07:25 PM
I think you know what I'm saying - you play the league to decide the promotion and play off positions - you then move into the play off matches. It matters not a jot where you finished - the table will show third, the fact is that the team who goes out now will have three teams from the league who have got into a better position in the fight to go up.

I expect it to be us that goes through but if not, we will have ended up worse off this year league wise than Rangers, Falkirk and Raith.

Nah, sorry - playoffs are a knock-out comp. Your logic suggests that The Rongers really won the Premiership, since they beat the actual winners of the Premiership in a knock-out comp.

I do agree that Scotland were World Champions in 1967, however.

Hibernia&Alba
06-05-2016, 07:41 PM
We'll win and that'll be that, but, if the worst was to happen, of course there would be anger in the stadium. Losing a play off to Raith Rovers in the second tier of Scottish football would be outrageous. Having said that, I'm not sure the anger would go beyond a few boos at the final whistle. It's as if we're now insensitive to these things.

pennyhibee
06-05-2016, 07:51 PM
Reassess what you are doing with your life? That's a bit worrying is it not?! Lol! Whatever you do, don't do something crazy like heading West. Pretty sure the cabbage could be league two and playing a pyramid play off with Penicuik Athletic and you'd still be a Hibee eh? Hope so, buddy!

GGTTH
Hard decision if you come fi Penicuik :wink:

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-05-2016, 08:01 PM
Petrie out?

RoadtoER
06-05-2016, 08:10 PM
Boo's and lots of abuse I imagine. Followed by "Stubbs out" chants. Absolutely vital we get promoted and our future really depends on how this game goes tomorrow.

fat freddy
06-05-2016, 08:21 PM
I will go round to the front door with a pitchfork and a burning torch. I'll be joined by a few hundred other angry villagers with poor dental hygiene and we will burn the castle to the ground whilst shouting incoherent nonsense about it all being Baron Petries fault.

Sir David Gray
06-05-2016, 08:26 PM
I'll worry about that if it happens, until then I'm focussing on us winning the tie and getting through to play Falkirk.

IberianHibernian
06-05-2016, 08:34 PM
I think we`ve got a good chance of getting through though we may need extra time and penalties but don`t agree with continual comments about how rubbish Raith are ( they`re on a very impressive unbeaten run and would probably beat at least half the top tier teams non current form ) or how terrible division is ( yes it`s not great but neither is top tier either ) . If we don`t go up will Dundee United ,Raith /Falkirk / Killie , Dunfermline , Morton , St Mirren be less attractive fixtures for fans than any games against present bottom 6 or 2 Highland clubs ?

JK Rolling
06-05-2016, 09:14 PM
Losing this match is unthinkable and will not happen.

Alfred E Newman
06-05-2016, 09:17 PM
I will go round to the front door with a pitchfork and a burning torch. I'll be joined by a few hundred other angry villagers with poor dental hygiene and we will burn the castle to the ground whilst shouting incoherent nonsense about it all being Baron Petries fault.

http://i65.tinypic.com/34e7qtd.jpg

Edson Arantes
06-05-2016, 09:27 PM
Boo's and lots of abuse I imagine. Followed by "Stubbs out" chants. Absolutely vital we get promoted and our future really depends on how this game goes tomorrow.

Evenin' all.

Pete
06-05-2016, 09:45 PM
Has it really got to the stage where we are discussing our booing in advance?

Edson Arantes
06-05-2016, 09:51 PM
Has it really got to the stage where we are discussing our booing in advance?

Unfortunatley Pete, it sounds just like that.

Disgusting.

:flag:

Andy74
06-05-2016, 10:11 PM
Nah, sorry - playoffs are a knock-out comp. Your logic suggests that The Rongers really won the Premiership, since they beat the actual winners of the Premiership in a knock-out comp.

I do agree that Scotland were World Champions in 1967, however.

So whoever goes out there won't be three teams who have had a more successful league campaign?

If it's all about promotion and we haven't already failed then it goes without saying that the play offs have to matter.

hibshibshibs84
06-05-2016, 10:23 PM
It would ruin my entire summer....

but come July/August, I'll be back with a smile on my face and hope in my heart.
Cos thats just what we do, right?

Pete
06-05-2016, 10:28 PM
Unfortunatley Pete, it sounds just like that.

Disgusting.

:flag:

Well at least we're organised if nothing else. :greengrin

SaulGoodman
06-05-2016, 10:39 PM
I'll walk away disappointed. I won't boo.

I'll be back next season regardless, whether we're still in the championship or languishing bottom of the 3rd division it's still Hibs and I still love them to bits.

Wouldn't have it any other way, mon the Hibs. 💚💚💚💚

pacorosssco
06-05-2016, 10:41 PM
Not at game be watchin online . Worst case team get go le manga again for a sun tan. If dont get final over 2 legs little sympathy but need to back as capable still winning cup. Never easy

Thecat23
06-05-2016, 10:57 PM
I'll walk away disappointed. I won't boo.

I'll be back next season regardless, whether we're still in the championship or languishing bottom of the 3rd division it's still Hibs and I still love them to bits.

Wouldn't have it any other way, mon the Hibs. 💚💚💚💚

Well said, I'll never stop going to watch Hibs. We will always have good times and bad, until we're out the league it's bad but we could win the Scottish which is good 😁

DH1875
07-05-2016, 06:35 AM
I won't lie. Nearly had a tear in my eye at the end of Wednesdays game. Can't make it today as at work which maybe could be a good thing cause if we lose, a full on breakdown could be on the cards.

Hermit Crab
07-05-2016, 06:49 AM
I won't lie. Nearly had a tear in my eye at the end of Wednesdays game. Can't make it today as at work which maybe could be a good thing cause if we lose, a full on breakdown could be on the cards.

Wtf will you be like if we concede a last minute winner in the SC final then? :wink:

Pete
07-05-2016, 06:57 AM
Ach I just want this over with now. If we win then bloody fantastic but if we lose we lose. Life goes on and we'll have a wee cup final to prepare for either way.

Rule #1. Don't come on here after the match if we lose and be a dick. (Failed on Wednesday so I'll try again :greengrin )

Hermit Crab
07-05-2016, 06:58 AM
Ach I just want this over with now. If we win then bloody fantastic but if we lose we lose. Life goes on and we'll have a wee cup final to prepare for either way.

Rule #1. Don't come on here after the match if we lose and be a dick. (Failed on Wednesday so I'll try again :greengrin )

I'll be in the boozer regardless.

Pete
07-05-2016, 07:04 AM
I'll be in the boozer regardless.

DH1875
07-05-2016, 07:07 AM
Wtf will you be like if we concede a last minute winner in the SC final then? :wink:

Could be wrong but I think I'd be more gutted losing today than losing in the final. Hopefully we'll never find out though.