PDA

View Full Version : Team for Saturday

Diclonius
05-05-2016, 05:35 PM
Logan

Gunnarsson McGregor Hanlon Stevenson

Fyvie Bartley Henderson

Boyle Keatings Stokes

Getting tired of Cummings' showboating instead of actually hitting the target and Keatings performed well last time round. He can start alongside Boyle who always offers something with his pace - we need to go direct anyhow to get the early goal. I'd hope Cummings would be more effective coming off the bench as he'll need to prove himself.

McGinn is ****ed - he needs a rest and offers nothing right now. Henderson can come in. Gunnarsson has offered considerably more than Gray going forward recently, he can come back in.

Tactics - abandon the slow build up pish Stubbs and go for it. This means: getting forward, not spraying passes around the box, going straight in, running direct, and taking a ****ing shot once in a while (midfielders - this means you when outside the box).

Pete
05-05-2016, 05:52 PM
Logan

Fyvie Bartley Henderson

Boyle Keatings Stokes

Getting tired of Cummings' showboating instead of actually hitting the target and Keatings performed well last time round. He can start alongside Boyle who always offers something with his pace - we need to go direct anyhow to get the early goal. I'd hope Cummings would be more effective coming off the bench as he'll need to prove himself.

McGinn is ****ed - he needs a rest and offers nothing right now. Henderson can come in. Gunnarsson has offered considerably more than Gray going forward recently, he can come back in.

Tactics - abandon the slow build up pish Stubbs and go for it. This means: getting forward, not spraying passes around the box, going straight in, running direct, and taking a ****ing shot once in a while (midfielders - this means you when outside the box).

:agree:

I'd pretty much agree with that. I'd keep my eye on the front three and get Cummings on sharpish should we fail to break through after 45 minutes. It's do or die time.

danhibees1875
05-05-2016, 06:13 PM
Cummings for keatings and I'd go with the rest of that team. Cummings has been frustrating recently yes, but I'd still fancy him to score more than anyone else and think he should be on the field.

If things aren't working, Mcgeogh for Stevenson and 3-4-3 it.

Fancy a 2-0 hibs on Saturday. 1 either side of half time.

PISTOL1875
05-05-2016, 06:17 PM
Logan

Fyvie Bartley Henderson

Boyle Keatings Stokes

Yeh no Cummngs, we need goals so you drop our top goalscorer.. :aok::aok::aok:

ancient hibee
05-05-2016, 06:19 PM

It's tactics you know:greengrin

rcarter1
05-05-2016, 06:25 PM

Man off form, replaced with Keatings, sensible enough for me.

Mikey09
05-05-2016, 10:25 PM
4-1-3-2 for me.

Logan.

Gray-McGregor-Hanlon-Stevenson

Bartley

McGeouch-Hendo-McGinn

Stokes-Cummings

Ronniekirk
05-05-2016, 10:42 PM
We need goals and someone to drive us forward Dylan will need to start and go for it and be subbed when he runs out of gas

Gunnerson as he is a goal threat surely has to start also
And shaw on the bench you never know someone young and hungry and unknown may be whats needed After All the experienced strikers drew a blank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenLake
05-05-2016, 10:55 PM
I hope Cummings starts the game. He will probably redeem himself and score a couple.

Gunnarson should replace Gray who has completely lost form.

I would play Fyvie, Henderson, Bartley and McGeouch in the midfield and give McGinn a chance to recuperate as a sub.

Logan
Gunnarson McGregor Hanlon Stevenson
McGeouch Bartley Fyvie Henderson
Stokes Cummings

If we can't score then substitutions at 60mins Keatings for Cummings and McGinn for Stevenson

NikGunnarsson
05-05-2016, 11:03 PM
Logan

Boyle Rwb
Gunnarsson
Hanlon
McGregor
Stevenson Lwb

McGeouch
Fyvie

Stokes
Keatings
Carmichael

Only if Carmichael was back would love to see us attack with pace and use a bit of width on a good surface

Ronniekirk
06-05-2016, 07:19 AM
Logan

Boyle Rwb
Gunnarsson
Hanlon
McGregor
Stevenson Lwb

McGeouch
Fyvie

Stokes
Keatings
Carmichael

Only if Carmichael was back would love to see us attack with pace and use a bit of width on a good surface

He was behind Dylan in his fitness so no chance he will be fit for this Saturday to start

Borderhibbie76
06-05-2016, 07:37 AM
Have to say I like Logan and would keep him in goals but if Oxley had lost that goal on weds night this place would have been in meltdown...even the Scotsman comments on this today. Like I say no agenda at all but just shows poor Oxley was on a hiding to nothing with elements of our support.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

scoopyboy
06-05-2016, 08:19 AM
IMO Henderson and McGeouch must start.

I'd play Jason, he always scores at home to Raith Rovers.:greengrin

SeanWilson
06-05-2016, 08:30 AM
IMO Henderson and McGeouch must start.

I'd play Jason, he always scores at home to Raith Rovers.:greengrin

:agree::agree:

Not fussed on JC starting or not... However, given the stick he's currently getting - i'd love him to go out and take the piss.... then watch his post match hilarious interview :greengrin

Giro Playboy
06-05-2016, 08:30 AM
Upping the tempo is not an option this time its a necessity. At the same time we are going to be vulnerable to getting hit on the counter.
In an ideal world we could have used Boyle and Carmichael(remember him) as wingers with Marvin sitting in front of the back four. However with Carmichael doing his Farid impression and lying horizontal on the treatment table we are going to have to find another player who is capable of bombing up and down the wing getting the crosses in.

GreenCastle
06-05-2016, 08:49 AM
Some difficult choices to make - for me this team doesn't score enough and taking JC out the line up doesn't help.

Though Keatings was playing well / scoring and plays better with Stokes.

Boyle - we need his pace and width as an outlet.

Gray is club captain - will play unless dropped but Gunnarsson has also being doing well.

Midfield - McGinn player of year but does look shattered

Henderson and Bartley don't score enough - though are important

We need to go for it but we need protection so I would say Bartley has to play

Good luck Stubbs - not an easy call.

J-C
06-05-2016, 08:53 AM
For me it has to be 4-3-3 which can be 4-5-1 when defending.

Logan

Gunnarsson
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGeouch
Bartley
Hendeson

Boyle
Stokes
Keatings

SeanWilson
06-05-2016, 09:08 AM

Logan

Gunnarsson
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGeouch
Bartley
Hendeson

Boyle
Stokes
Keatings

you want a job at hibs? :thumbsup:

I think that team would provide the energy and creativity required to get the result.

SlickShoes
06-05-2016, 09:31 AM
Gunnarsson up front with Stokes

SJM
06-05-2016, 09:36 AM
Have to say I like Logan and would keep him in goals but if Oxley had lost that goal on weds night this place would have been in meltdown...even the Scotsman comments on this today. Like I say no agenda at all but just shows poor Oxley was on a hiding to nothing with elements of our support.

You do have an agenda.

J-C
06-05-2016, 09:58 AM
you want a job at hibs? :thumbsup:

I think that team would provide the energy and creativity required to get the result.

Just had a quick game of FM16 as I knew Raith were my next opponents, I play a 4-3-3 and we won 3-0, only difference in the team was McGinn for Hendo and Gray for Gunnarsson, Just hope that's an omen. :greengrin

mmmmhibby
06-05-2016, 10:01 AM
:agree::agree:

Not fussed on JC starting or not... However, given the stick he's currently getting - i'd love him to go out and take the piss.... then watch his post match hilarious interview :greengrin

ditto. However I want us to play 3-4-3 against this mob and Falkirk for that matter.

Borderhibbie76
06-05-2016, 10:10 AM
You do have an agenda.
No I don't unlike your every negative post - just pointing out how harshly Oxley is dealt with by some. I do agree Logan is a better option. ..but Ox would have been blamed for that goal on weds night...I have no doubts

SJM
06-05-2016, 10:44 AM
No I don't unlike your every negative post - just pointing out how harshly Oxley is dealt with by some. I do agree Logan is a better option. ..but Ox would have been blamed for that goal on weds night...I have no doubts

No you are having a go at people having a go at oxley subtlety because he's your hero. Your whole point with oxley is you where defending a player in the team being criticised (rightly) and now your babbling on about how Logan would get abuse with the goal if he's oxley. Oxley is gash and is rightly dropped, move on and back the team as you would say.

500miles
06-05-2016, 11:31 AM
...................Logan
...Gunnarson.McGregor.Hanlon
Boyle.......Fyvie..............Stevenson
.........Henderson.McGinn
...........Stokes.Keatings

The ability to bring guys on after 60 minutes with pacy, powerful, direct play like Cummings and McGeough is a real bonus, and something we should keep up our sleeve for when Raith are tiring.

hibs69
06-05-2016, 11:33 AM
SJM, that happens all the time though? There are players who seem to just get grief. The least mistake and the fans are relentless, Dave Beaumont springs to mind......., folk were moaning their tits off before the ball even reached him. (Anderlecht aside, he was poor though!) And Keith Houchen, who, in my opinion, was pretty gash, was loved. Always remember an old bloke who stood next to us used to shout, "It's ok Houchy, next time, next time son!"

hibs69
06-05-2016, 11:35 AM

Logan

Gunnarsson
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGeouch
Bartley
Hendeson

Boyle
Stokes
Keatings

This, because I wouldn't have Fyvie in my side either......., but not this, because Cummings must start IMO.

Borderhibbie76
06-05-2016, 01:11 PM
No you are having a go at people having a go at oxley subtlety because he's your hero. Your whole point with oxley is you where defending a player in the team being criticised (rightly) and now your babbling on about how Logan would get abuse with the goal if he's oxley. Oxley is gash and is rightly dropped, move on and back the team as you would say.
Oxley s my hero right enough 😂😂😂unlike some I support all our players

SJM
06-05-2016, 01:26 PM
SJM, that happens all the time though? There are players who seem to just get grief. The least mistake and the fans are relentless, Dave Beaumont springs to mind......., folk were moaning their tits off before the ball even reached him. (Anderlecht aside, he was poor though!) And Keith Houchen, who, in my opinion, was pretty gash, was loved. Always remember an old bloke who stood next to us used to shout, "It's ok Houchy, next time, next time son!"

That's true Orman got it tight too.

I'm not abating to turn this into an oxley debate anyway, poster is clearly trying to get a reaction.

SJM
06-05-2016, 01:27 PM
Oxley s my hero right enough 😂😂😂unlike some I support all our players

Why are you going on about Logan then?

Smartie
06-05-2016, 01:41 PM
I genuinely don't think we'd have lost that goal if Oxley had been playing. He doesn't come off his line as much and would have been in a better position to make an easy save.

We might have lost a goal from any of the crosses that Logan came for and claimed confidently and comfortably though.

I still prefer Logan to Oxley fwiw. I prefer that a goalkeeper comes for the ball and sometimes doesn't get it to dithering on the line inviting pressure.