PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: LEEANN ADDRESSES TICKETING ISSUES

RSS Bot
05-05-2016, 01:50 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6471)

JimBHibees
05-05-2016, 01:52 PM
Good statement IMO.

SJM
05-05-2016, 01:56 PM
Nice one Leanne for taking responsibility and addressing the situation. Something that wouldn't have happened previously.

Since90+2
05-05-2016, 01:58 PM
Good statement.

Lets just hope its sorted for the next wave of sales a week today.

madhatter
05-05-2016, 02:31 PM
Credit where it is due BUT have we just changed from a failing club on and off the field to a failing club on and off the field that communicates better?

In all accounts the ticketing issues were a farce and that is being kind. Action rather than apologies are needed from the club. Fans are there and all these schemes and initiatives aren't needed. What are needed:

Good solid team in top league (top 6 min)
Ability to buy tickets when we want

Fans will return in their thousands if we satisfy those 2 things.

OsloHibs
05-05-2016, 02:52 PM
What is obvious from this statement is they wanted everyone to go online to buy as staff at ticket office had too much to do at the same time. Shambles yesterday from start to finish.

erin go bragh
05-05-2016, 03:04 PM
I really felt sorry for all the older fans ( over 75 plus ) As the ones beside and behind me had to stand for over 8 hours waiting on getting their tickets . I really hope they get rewarded with the cup being won .
Surely someone could have got them some seats from inside the stadium . Hats off to every one of them .

GGTTH

Beefster
05-05-2016, 07:14 PM
Good statement but the proof of the pudding is in the eating (as my old Auntie Agnes constantly bores me with).

emerald green
05-05-2016, 07:32 PM
Thanks for communicating and explaining LD.

Itsnoteasy
05-05-2016, 07:55 PM
Good statement.

Lets just hope its sorted for the next wave of sales a week today.

Let's get it right for the day trippers. **** the season ticket holders

AndyB_70
05-05-2016, 08:24 PM
I don't think the statement is good enough. I had all my tickets in my basket only for the payment system to fall over and I lost them. I then need to log back in after waiting in the queue and luckily I get the tickets all together again even though it's in a worse section. I now have issues with assigning names and the payment system won't work again. It then times out and I lose the tickets. Again after waiting in the queue I get tickets but we are now all separated in different sections.
What has happened to the tickets for sections i5 and i6? No way is this good enough.

WestStandMoaner
05-05-2016, 08:33 PM
Credit where it is due BUT have we just changed from a failing club on and off the field to a failing club on and off the field that communicates better?

In all accounts the ticketing issues were a farce and that is being kind. Action rather than apologies are needed from the club. Fans are there and all these schemes and initiatives aren't needed. What are needed:

I hope fans do come back but it is clear to me Hibs constantly get things wrong as far as the fans are concerned. LD makes a statement and we should thank her. Not from me it was a disgrace, ticket office opening at 10am, fans waiting for 7 and 8 hours, online a shambles. There is no other club that would get this as wrong as hibs. First moan in months but I think it's deserved. For what it's worth I think we will beat Raith 3 nil c,mon hibs:flag:

Giro Playboy
05-05-2016, 08:34 PM
Thanks for communicating and explaining LD. Is that not her remit? She is well paid to communicate and explain. However like someone else said you couldn't imagine Petrie ever doing the same

Since90+2
05-05-2016, 08:58 PM
Let's get it right for the day trippers. **** the season ticket holders

Too right.

Gerard
05-05-2016, 09:17 PM
Well done Ms Dempster for giving out this excellent briefing. Now lets get the team promoted and win the Scottish Cup this year please.:wink:

wookie70
05-05-2016, 09:24 PM
The views at Hampdump are so poor everyone is always going to try and get tickets as early as they can. If the club wants to limit the amount of buyers then some sort of scheme where points are awarded for loyalty might be a good idea.

RoYO!
05-05-2016, 09:25 PM
Well done Ms Dempster for giving out this excellent briefing. Now lets get the team promoted and win the Scottish Cup this year please.:wink:

I'm in no way having a 'go' but did you get tickets yesterday? The fact is this was predictable. Throughly predictable. We need transparency on the agreement with Ticketmaster. How much do they charge? How much for a better package with greater bandwidth? 9000 tickets- not a big ask.

As for the second part... Couldn't agree more!!

Thecat23
05-05-2016, 09:27 PM
I really felt sorry for all the older fans ( over 75 plus ) As the ones beside and behind me had to stand for over 8 hours waiting on getting their tickets . I really hope they get rewarded with the cup being won .
Surely someone could have got them some seats from inside the stadium . Hats off to every one of them .

GGTTH

Wouldn't they be better going down the day after or few days after? That way they won't be waiting in such a long queue and get them fairly quick. I was just under 2 hours today.

tamig
05-05-2016, 09:29 PM

I think you're being a bit overly harsh. She has outlined that she will be taking action to improve things and that it won't happen again. It wasn't just an apology.

erin go bragh
05-05-2016, 09:30 PM
Wouldn't they be better going down the day after or few days after? That way they won't be waiting in such a long queue and get them fairly quick. I was just under 2 hours today.

Hindsight is a great thing Cat . I never thought for a minute that I'd be waiting for near on eight and a half hours .

GGTTH

Gerard
05-05-2016, 09:31 PM
I'm in no way having a 'go' but did you get tickets yesterday? The fact is this was predictable. Throughly predictable. We need transparency on the agreement with Ticketmaster. How much do they charge? How much for a better package with greater bandwidth? 9000 tickets- not a big ask.

I also like the point you make regarding TM.:wink:

tamig
05-05-2016, 09:33 PM

Some folk just can't help themselves and need to be there on day 1. The club can issue all the guidance they want and make the first wave window as long as you could imagine. It still wouldn't stop huge numbers flocking down to the ticket office on day one.

green day
05-05-2016, 09:34 PM

Bandwidth?

Are you suggesting that TM have a dialup connection for Hibs and Super fast fibre for Take That?

I don't buy that.It's just pish service from TM, not a throttling issue.

Hibs need to change provider.

hibby6270
05-05-2016, 09:35 PM
What is obvious from this statement is they wanted everyone to go online to buy as staff at ticket office had too much to do at the same time.

That was my reading of it as well.

But I don't think for a minute any criticism can be levelled at the ticket office staff at ER.
The whole sorry issue yesterday was entirely down to the inability of the "Powered by Ticketmaster" system we use to purchase tickets online. It is quite clearly not up to it, whereas the ticket office staff have always dealt with any purchases I've made over the counter with complete professionalism.

I thought yesterday I was taking the easy approach to buy my tickets by going online. Got them eventually but I'd have been far better off going to ER, even if it meant a bit of a wait in a queue, because I would have had a choice of seats no doubt rather than the so called "Best Available" ( in other words - no choice) option online.

Well done ticket office staff. Credit where credit is due.

Thecat23
05-05-2016, 09:44 PM
Hindsight is a great thing Cat . I never thought for a minute that I'd be waiting for near on eight and a half hours .

GGTTH

Just with previous finals or semi finals there is always huge queues mate and it was always going to happen again. I'm sure tomorrow will be even quieter.

8 hours is a long time to be standing waiting.

Thecat23
05-05-2016, 09:46 PM
Some folk just can't help themselves and need to be there on day 1. The club can issue all the guidance they want and make the first wave window as long as you could imagine. It still wouldn't stop huge numbers flocking down to the ticket office on day one.

Does seem that way that folk seem to panic in case they won't get one when really if your a ST holder you won't miss out. In future (if we get back) I'll not be near the place first day they go on sale. I'll happily head down day or two after. Got 5 tickets together no problem this afternoon.

tamig
05-05-2016, 09:55 PM
Does seem that way that folk seem to panic in case they won't get one when really if your a ST holder you won't miss out. In future (if we get back) I'll not be near the place first day they go on sale. I'll happily head down day or two after. Got 5 tickets together no problem this afternoon.

Good stuff and it sounds like most folk who went today had a pretty smooth experience.

AndyB_70
05-05-2016, 10:04 PM

What section did you get the tickets in?

HibbyAndy
05-05-2016, 10:32 PM

Really ? Well would hibs like to get back to me as i'm entitled to 5 cup final tickets and getting telt i'm only allowed 2 !! And not one member off staff is getting back to me

***in raging is an understatement !!!!!!

cmcd
05-05-2016, 10:41 PM
Just with previous finals or semi finals there is always huge queues mate and it was always going to happen again. I'm sure tomorrow will be even quieter.

8 hours is a long time to be standing waiting.

I arrived at ER at 10-10am and left with my tickets at exactly 6-25pm The office staff were very helpful . The only down side was that there were no hot drinks or anything to eat . Surely The club could have sold tea and coffee as it was freezing .Not good for this 67year old

Lancs Harp
05-05-2016, 10:49 PM
I arrived at ER at 10-10am and left with my tickets at exactly 6-25pm The office staff were very helpful . The only down side was that there were no hot drinks or anything to eat . Surely The club could have sold tea and coffee as it was freezing .Not good for this 67year old

Be worth it when we're running round Hampden with the Cup http://www.hibs.net/images/icons/icon14.png

Top effort fella.

Itsnoteasy
05-05-2016, 11:59 PM

How would you have got your pie & Bovril without leaving the queue.
Meals on wheels?

madhatter
06-05-2016, 12:41 AM
I think you're being a bit overly harsh. She has outlined that she will be taking action to improve things and that it won't happen again. It wasn't just an apology.

Not really. I gave her some credit but saying you are going to do something and then following through on it is something that Hibs don't do. "We'll win the league next year" - nope, failed. "Falkirk are miles behind they won't catch us". " we will get things right". I recall many statements on the website from Petrie saying similar "we as a club blah blah blah". Slowly but surely standards are dwindling and I expect better for such a big club. Actions deserve credit, words are meaningless. Especially to those that queued and those that have suffered supporting Hibs for years. " things will be different " is said over and over and well, it's still the same.

Beefster
06-05-2016, 05:52 AM

Because, if you don't, you end up in a battle to avoid either your group scattered across the stadium or a terrible seat. It's not Hibs ST holders that are the problem, it's Hampden.

JimBHibees
06-05-2016, 06:07 AM
Because, if you don't, you end up in a battle to avoid either your group scattered across the stadium or a terrible seat. It's not Hibs ST holders that are the problem, it's Hampden.

Agree if all seats were of an equal quality with the ones behind the goals brought in to the same distance as the stands at ER are to the pitch then people would be much more relaxed about tickets and where they were.

RoYO!
06-05-2016, 06:31 AM
Bandwidth?

Are you suggesting that TM have a dialup connection for Hibs and Super fast fibre for Take That?

I don't buy that.It's just pish service from TM, not a throttling issue.

Hibs need to change provider.

Ticketmaster deal with the sale of millions of tickets everyday. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they offer different packages which cost different amounts depending on the amount of traffic the purchaser expects. It also wouldn't surprise me if hibs were on a cheap deal ;)

RoYO!
06-05-2016, 06:35 AM
I don't know why hibs don't block out a section or two for coaches and deal with these through email/post. It would take some pressure off the site on day 1 and supporters bus people would be happy. The convener would also not have the hassle of having to buy dozens of tickets on a pants system. Means that on the day the site isn't as pressed. Just a thought