PDA

View Full Version : Transfers

Callum7
05-05-2016, 01:30 PM
To try and forget last nights results I was thinking about transfers who do you think Hibs should sign, who do you want contracts extended for and who do you want to leave.

Since Conrad's deal is up at the end of the season I think we should try and sign him as he's been great for Hibs over the few games he's played.

SJM
05-05-2016, 01:32 PM
I hope we go in for Stefan Scougall again and I would like to see us go for Billy McKay.

Ozyhibby
05-05-2016, 01:37 PM
I hope we go in for Stefan Scougall again and I would like to see us go for Billy McKay.

Billy McKay has been brutal for Dundee Utd this season.

pacoluna
05-05-2016, 01:39 PM
El Bakhtaoui,

Logan and Gunnarsson

Mind you don't know if they would be temped with the continued tampering with them.

SJM
05-05-2016, 01:40 PM
Billy McKay has been brutal for Dundee Utd this season.

Everyone has been brutal for them this season. He still knows where the onion bag is and can get in behind defences as shown in the Semi.

Gunnarson I would hope to keep also.

Smartie
05-05-2016, 01:40 PM
I'd like to start thinking about this but it really is a bit pointless doing it before the end of the season.

If we don't go up we'll have an exodus on our hands and we'll be starting from scratch again but will need to built a handy team to attack teams at pace and get us up.

If we go up we will hang onto our players and will have to give consideration to what our budget is and who we can bring in that will improve on what we already have.

scoopyboy
05-05-2016, 01:50 PM
If we are still in the Championship I would like to see a big striker, someone in the Mixu / GOC mould.

BoomtownHibees
05-05-2016, 01:51 PM
If we are still in the Championship I would like to see a big striker, someone in the Mixu / GOC mould.

Both out of work at the moment 😀

SJM
05-05-2016, 01:53 PM

What's Michael Higdon up to these days?

ekhibee
05-05-2016, 01:54 PM
The young lad from Livvie, I think his name is Jordan White, good young player.

Waxy
05-05-2016, 02:00 PM

Mixu and G O would be a big strikeforce if the played for us now. We'd have to pull defenders out their footprints.

SJM
05-05-2016, 02:02 PM

Released from Falkirk last season I think. I noticed Nathan Austin has signed on at Falkirk next year too! Good potential in him also.

IWasThere2016
05-05-2016, 02:06 PM

This. We need a Plan B (cliché-ridden managerial speak :wink:)

pennyhibee
05-05-2016, 02:08 PM
Henri Anier has been told to go .Can we not get him in before saturday and team him up with Stokes

GreenPJ
05-05-2016, 02:09 PM

:agree:

CallumLaidlaw
05-05-2016, 02:23 PM
Released from Falkirk last season I think. I noticed Nathan Austin has signed on at Falkirk next year too! Good potential in him also.

Left Falkirk in 2012. Spent 2 years at Stirling Albion before signing for Livvy in 2014

GreenLake
05-05-2016, 02:28 PM

I was laughing thinking of how tiny Mixu was when I met him in a bar once.

However, on the park he played as though he was a big striker!:greengrin

SJM
05-05-2016, 02:29 PM
Left Falkirk in 2012. Spent 2 years at Stirling Albion before signing for Livvy in 2014

Thanks mate. Ignorance is bliss.

lucky
05-05-2016, 02:29 PM
We don't young players. If we are in the championship unfortunately we will need to sign big hardened professionals.

madhatter
05-05-2016, 02:33 PM
We don't young players. If we are in the championship unfortunately we will need to sign big hardened professionals.

Hearts won it without a mass team of big hardened professionals...

SJM
05-05-2016, 02:37 PM
Hearts won it without a mass team of big hardened professionals...

Gomis, Buaben, Pallardo in midfield

Ozturk eckersley Wilson in defence

Alexander in goals

That would indicate differently

madhatter
05-05-2016, 02:40 PM
Gomis, Buaben, Pallardo in midfield

Ozturk eckersley Wilson in defence

Alexander in goals

That would indicate differently

Ozturk was 22, Wilson was 24. Eckersley didn't play every game. Gomis, Buaben and Pallardo I'll give you those but Pallardo is garbage and hardened describes him but professional footballer...eh, no.

SJM
05-05-2016, 02:44 PM
Ozturk was 22, Wilson was 24. Eckersley didn't play every game. Gomis, Buaben and Pallardo I'll give you those but Pallardo is garbage and hardened describes him but professional footballer...eh, no.

Wilson had still had lots of experience as did eckersley. Pallardo is pish but had vast experience in a much better league. Also their very experienced goalie and not a rookie like oxley.

madhatter
05-05-2016, 02:51 PM
Wilson had still had lots of experience as did eckersley. Pallardo is pish but had vast experience in a much better league. Also their very experienced goalie and not a rookie like oxley.

Agreed but Hanlon, McGregor, Fontaine are more experienced than Wilson and Ozturk. Gray and Stevenson are more experienced than their wingbacks were (excluding Eckersley). Fyvie, McGeouch, Bartley are all experienced and are better than Pallardo.

We are not struggling because of experience though - it is pace, movement and most importantly intent! We are struggling because we are too rigid and pedantic. Even in attack, our players don't interchange positions and create space. When 1 on 1 with any opposition, the only midfielder seemingly capable of taking it past a few at the moment is Boyle who rarely gets played out wide. Henderson and McGinn are knackered.

We are not Barcelona and tiki-taka on these pitches is very difficult especially when players don't move! We should learn to draw teams out and get wingers with pace that can cross! Change from a 1 dimensional team to one that can mix it up.

Smartie
05-05-2016, 02:53 PM
This. We need a Plan B (cliché-ridden managerial speak :wink:)

If we drastically improve plan A then there'll be less need for plan B.

SJM
05-05-2016, 02:55 PM
Agreed but Hanlon, McGregor, Fontaine are more experienced than Wilson and Ozturk. Gray and Stevenson are more experienced than their wingbacks were (excluding Eckersley). Fyvie, McGeouch, Bartley are all experienced and are better than Pallardo.

We are not struggling because of experience though - it is pace, movement and most importantly intent! We are struggling because we are too rigid and pedantic. Even in attack, our players don't interchange positions and create space. When 1 on 1 with any opposition, the only midfielder seemingly capable of taking it past a few at the moment is Boyle who rarely gets played out wide. Henderson and McGinn are knackered.

We are not Barcelona and tiki-taka on these pitches is very difficult especially when players don't move! We should learn to draw teams out and get wingers with pace that can cross! Change from a 1 dimensional team to one that can mix it up.

Fair enough mate.

Aldo
05-05-2016, 03:19 PM
Anyone happy to take Whittaker back as his contract expires at end of June??

SteveHFC
05-05-2016, 03:33 PM
Anyone happy to take Whittaker back as his contract expires at end of June??

Whittaker, Gunnarson, McGregor/Hanlon, New LB would do me. :agree:

Paul McGinn and Stevie Mallan would be decent signings. Spittal and Dow from Utd could be worth a punt.

Robbie Muirhead was released by Utd a few weeks ago and was decent at Killie.

Aldo
05-05-2016, 03:46 PM
Whittaker, Gunnarson, McGregor/Hanlon, New LB would do me. :agree: Paul McGinn and Stevie Mallan would be decent signings. Spittal and Dow from Utd could be worth a punt. Robbie Muirhead was released by Utd a few weeks ago and was decent at Killie.

Stevie I'll give you McGinn but not the others.

On another thread someone mentioned strong big CH and CF, those would be my priorities for next season. Strong spine of a team.

I don't want any UTD players and all I want is for us to win games. I don't care how but win games.

When we signed Mixu back in 98/99 season he was a revelation and bullied CH's, he brought others into the game. This is what we need!

silverhibee
05-05-2016, 04:03 PM
El Bakhtaoui,

Logan and Gunnarsson

Mind you don't know if they would be temped with the continued tampering with them.

:shocked: :greengrin

silverhibee
05-05-2016, 04:05 PM

Should have been our priority in the January window.

SJM
05-05-2016, 04:06 PM
Cummings will be going I would guess, I wonder if we could get Hemmings.

SJM
05-05-2016, 04:07 PM
Should have been our priority in the January window.

Especially when we let Anier go back.

Again, Michael Higdon would be a good shout IMO.

silverhibee
05-05-2016, 04:09 PM

As you say, good potential from the bottom leagues, seen him play a few times and he just might have a chance of making a mark with Falkirk and possibly get a better move somewhere else, believe his wee brother is also a good prospect.

LustForLeith
05-05-2016, 04:15 PM
Cummings will be going I would guess, I wonder if we could get Hemmings.

Kane Hemmings?

We've got about as much chance of getting Earnest Hemingway than we have of Kane Hemmings

SJM
05-05-2016, 04:20 PM
Kane Hemmings?

We've got about as much chance of getting Earnest Hemingway than we have of Kane Hemmings

How's that? We could pay more wages and maybe afford a fee if Cummings goes?

SJM
05-05-2016, 04:21 PM
As you say, good potential from the bottom leagues, seen him play a few times and he just might have a chance of making a mark with Falkirk and possibly get a better move somewhere else, believe his wee brother is also a good prospect.

I hope he does, seems to have the right attitude anyway. Thanks for the info too.

biotech
05-05-2016, 04:54 PM
Jordan White has done well in a poor Livi team.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-05-2016, 06:03 PM
Jordon White, El Bakhtaoui, Ali Crawford and Ryan Dow.

Unseen work
05-05-2016, 07:02 PM
Connor Ripley- motherwell
Lewis vaughan- raith
Barry robson - Aberdeen
Blair Spittal- United
Darnell fisher - celtic
Louis moult - motherwell
Miles storey - caley
Lawrence shankland - st mirren

SJM
05-05-2016, 07:21 PM
Connor Ripley- motherwell
Lewis vaughan- raith
Barry robson - Aberdeen
Blair Spittal- United
Darnell fisher - celtic
Louis moult - motherwell
Miles storey - caley
Lawrence shankland - st mirren

Ripley is away to try at Boro, Vaughan signed a new deal at Raith and Shankland is away back to the sheep!

northstandhibby
05-05-2016, 07:21 PM

I was going to say Ryan Dow. He's just been released from Dundee utd. Saw him a few times and he looks the part. Hope Hibs think about signing him up.

JC94
05-05-2016, 07:32 PM

Cant see us having a chance of getting Crawford, Rangers, Rotherham, Huddersfield and Bristol City all want him.

NikGunnarsson
05-05-2016, 08:01 PM
Would love to see us go for Higdon, mate who is a motherwell fan raves about him for his play and attitude and his style of play is something we desperately need. Or even Ofere from Dundee United seems worth taking a punt on

Nicho87
05-05-2016, 08:04 PM
Paul Dixon just been released by utd would snap him up pronto.

NikGunnarsson
05-05-2016, 08:04 PM
Of course would love to see Gunnarsson sign on permanently, the guy seems a class act so far and has some great attributes

JC94
05-05-2016, 08:12 PM
Would love to see us go for Higdon, mate who is a motherwell fan raves about him for his play and attitude and his style of play is something we desperately need. Or even Ofere from Dundee United seems worth taking a punt on

Ofere has been released. Would like us to go for Magennis from Killie

Benny Brazil
05-05-2016, 08:17 PM
We need some players who can "bully" other teams whether it is up front in defence or in midfield - not saying we need to go down the Yams route but it;s good to have another option and we have quite a small team physically.

alihibs1
05-05-2016, 08:18 PM
I reckon we will get Scott Allan for a season loan. Isn't even on the bench for celtic anymore.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

SJM
05-05-2016, 08:23 PM
I reckon we will get Scott Allan for a season loan. Isn't even on the bench for celtic anymore.

Allan can do one, wee welt. Much rather go for that Christie.

Smartie
05-05-2016, 08:52 PM

The last few times I've seen Dixon he's been absolutely garbage.

He's vastly inferior to Lewis and would be a backward step.

Hi Heid Yin
05-05-2016, 08:59 PM
Mixu and G O would be a big strikeforce if the played for us now. We'd have to pull defenders out their footprints.

:tee hee::tee hee::tee hee:

muzzando
05-05-2016, 09:10 PM
I think Stevie Mallan from St Mirren is worth a look. Young and scores quite a few goals for a midfielder, something we all know we lack

SteveHFC
05-05-2016, 09:12 PM
Jordan Rossiter is out of contract in the summer.

Big L
05-05-2016, 09:13 PM

Be a great signing!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-05-2016, 09:33 PM
I think Stevie Mallan from St Mirren is worth a look. Young and scores quite a few goals for a midfielder, something we all know we lack

Always thought this. Scores a freekick also.

Www1875hfc
05-05-2016, 09:46 PM
David Templeton from The Rangers anyone ?
Had an horrendous time with injuries, maybe the lad needs a fresh challenge ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NikGunnarsson
05-05-2016, 10:00 PM
David Templeton from The Rangers anyone ?
Had an horrendous time with injuries, maybe the lad needs a fresh challenge ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would not mind this at all, very technical player and would come with a point to prove to his ex clubs :agree:

SteveHFC
05-05-2016, 11:41 PM
Would not mind this at all, very technical player and would come with a point to prove to his ex clubs :agree:
:agree:

Was a decent winger at Hearts tbh.

Earl of Currie
06-05-2016, 05:10 AM
We need some players who can "bully" other teams whether it is up front in defence or in midfield - not saying we need to go down the Yams route but it;s good to have another option and we have quite a small team physically.

Agree completely , we need to have a more physical team that can get us out of the Championship and into the top 6 of the Premiership at the very least. For years we have been too light weight and buillied off the park.

bingo70
06-05-2016, 05:31 AM
Agree completely , we need to have a more physical team that can get us out of the Championship and into the top 6 of the Premiership at the very least. For years we have been too light weight and buillied off the park.

I think it's more pace and creativity we need, would be good to have the option of a big lump to get on the end of a quick wingers crosses though, someone that barely leaves the 18 yard box.

In terms of pacy wingers, I don't really pay much attention to opposition players but when Morton pumped us at Easter road I thought they had 1 or 2 (might have been the same player popping up in different areas) really quick players that looked good. I've no idea who they were or what their history is but based on that performance I'd say they were worth considering.

Heisenberg
06-05-2016, 06:21 AM
I think it's more pace and creativity we need, would be good to have the option of a big lump to get on the end of a quick wingers crosses though, someone that barely leaves the 18 yard box.

In terms of pacy wingers, I don't really pay much attention to opposition players but when Morton pumped us at Easter road I thought they had 1 or 2 (might have been the same player popping up in different areas) really quick players that looked good. I've no idea who they were or what their history is but based on that performance I'd say they were worth considering.

Bobby Barr tore us apart for Morton with his pace. Signed a pre contract with Raith Rovers though.

KeithTheHibby
06-05-2016, 06:50 AM

They had big lads up front who got them goals, Sow and the other guy Zee**** or whatever his name is.
This season they brought in Juanma and he's scored a few.
To not have a player in that mould has proven to be a big issue for us this season.

Dunbar Hibee
06-05-2016, 10:15 AM
I see Ryan Gauld is likely to be loaned out next season by Sporting Lisbon, would take him in a heartbeat, wonder what the chances of us getting him for a season would be. Depends in what league we are in I guess.

SJM
06-05-2016, 10:39 AM
I see Ryan Gauld is likely to be loaned out next season by Sporting Lisbon, would take him in a heartbeat, wonder what the chances of us getting him for a season would be. Depends in what league we are in I guess.

He's staying in Portugal.

Dunbar Hibee
06-05-2016, 10:44 AM
He's staying in Portugal.

On loan to another team over there?

SJM
06-05-2016, 10:48 AM
On loan to another team over there?

Yeah, apparently they are doing away with their B side. :agree:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-05-2016, 10:59 AM
Anier return?

Heisenberg
07-05-2016, 11:01 AM
Anyone heard of us being in for Ryan Dow?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-05-2016, 11:33 AM
Anyone heard of us being in for Ryan Dow?

Yeah. But St Johnstone have offered him a contract and are waiting on him deciding.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-05-2016, 12:04 PM
Jordan Rossiter from Liverpool going to the Huns. Some signing to be fair, he'll tear it up in Scotland IMO.

Aldo
07-05-2016, 12:05 PM
Jordan Rossiter from Liverpool going to the Huns. Some signing to be fair, he'll tear it up in Scotland IMO.

You seen the lad play??

SJM
07-05-2016, 12:23 PM
Yeah. But St Johnstone have offered him a contract and are waiting on him deciding.

Got told today he's waiting for a good reason and saints aren't happy.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-05-2016, 12:47 PM
You seen the lad play??

Yeah mate, I support Liverpool also. So I've seen him play a few times for first team and 21's. Been impressed when I've seen him. Huns only need to pay 250k in compo as well.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-05-2016, 12:48 PM
Got told today he's waiting for a good reason and saints aren't happy.

Take him here easily.

Aldo
07-05-2016, 01:30 PM
Yeah mate, I support Liverpool also. So I've seen him play a few times for first team and 21's. Been impressed when I've seen him. Huns only need to pay 250k in compo as well.

Wonder where Lying King gonnae find that money after he's paid peanuts for the 2 Accrington lads!

Unseen work
07-05-2016, 01:41 PM
Wouldn't mind that Raith left back

BSEJVT
07-05-2016, 01:44 PM

I would, even the Raith players don't rate him

Long throw is the extent of his abilities

Aldo
07-05-2016, 02:01 PM

We have signed him already a few months back??

LustForLeith
07-05-2016, 02:23 PM
How's that? We could pay more wages and maybe afford a fee if Cummings goes?

I don't think Hemmings is a better player but if Cummings is going for a million I'd expect Hemmings to go for the same due to the fact he's scored a lot in the top flight. Maybe £800,000 like what Stevie May went for.

Really want to see a greedy poacher at Hibs. Kris Boyd in his prime rarely strays from the six yard box type.

Dashing Bob S
07-05-2016, 02:25 PM
Hibs transfer activity will be almost completely dependent on what division we are in next season.

Unseen work
07-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Think there could be a good couple of options from celtic this summer.

New manager in who will most likely clear alot of players out

Would like to see mcgregor and fisher join

JC94
07-05-2016, 09:28 PM
Would like us to go for that boy from Raith, Hardie. Boy doesn't stop running and looks a great prospect.

DaveF
07-05-2016, 09:32 PM
Would like us to go for that boy from Raith, Hardie. Boy doesn't stop running and looks a great prospect.

I think he's on loan from Sevco.

S4uzee
07-05-2016, 10:31 PM

He was non-existent over the two legs

trev the hat
07-05-2016, 10:33 PM

I think he's Crosby Stills & ---- with a G 😉

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-05-2016, 11:48 AM
Stuart Bannigan from Thistle anyone?

JC94
08-05-2016, 11:55 AM
Stuart Bannigan from Thistle anyone?

Has he not signed a pre-contract with the sheep? I may be wrong

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-05-2016, 11:56 AM
Has he not signed a pre-contract with the sheep? I may be wrong

Not sure! I know them, ICT and Barnsley were keen in Jan. No idea if he signed anything though!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-05-2016, 02:23 PM
Fwiw I would take Vaulks and/or Sibbald from Falkirk. Maybe Alston as well.

JimBHibees
10-05-2016, 03:07 PM
I think he's Crosby Stills & ---- with a G 

:not worth :greengrin

alihibs1
10-05-2016, 03:42 PM
Ziggy Gordon leaving Hamilton. Worth a punt?