PDA

View Full Version : Step in Mr Dagnall?

Kaiserclem
05-05-2016, 11:43 AM
Can Dagnall step in to the starting line up and save the day? I tell you what, worth a punt on Saturday because the more I think of it we have given Cummings and others a go for a while and we still miss chances. I feel this boy just needs a goal as his general play is superb. Could be written for an unlikely hero.......maybe.......possibly......

Hiber-nation
05-05-2016, 11:44 AM
Can Dagnall step in to the starting line up and save the day? I tell you what, worth a punt on Saturday because the more I think of it we have given Cummings and others a go for a while and we still miss chances. I feel this boy just needs a goal as his general play is superb. Could be written for an unlikely hero.......maybe.......possibly......

Had a decent 20 minutes against St Johnstone. Other than that hasn't shown a thing.

500miles
05-05-2016, 11:44 AM
If we stick with Cummings, we play Dagnall, if we stick with Stokes, we play Keatings. I'd go back to the Dumbarton lineup for Saturday to be honest.

Billy Whizz
05-05-2016, 11:45 AM
In my opinion Boyle has to start, think also Henderson and McGeough will start as well

Carheenlea
05-05-2016, 11:45 AM
The only snag being that he has never really looked like scoring. Something different alright, but we have to stick with Cummings, he more often than not scores at Easter Road.

BoomtownHibees
05-05-2016, 11:46 AM
Yep, when we need goals lets play a guy who hasn't scored for us

LaMotta
05-05-2016, 11:47 AM
Had a decent 20 minutes against St Johnstone. Other than that hasn't shown a thing.

Agreed!

Beefster
05-05-2016, 11:49 AM
If Dagnall is the answer, someone has muddled up the questions.

MB62
05-05-2016, 11:49 AM

:faf: :lolyam:

Danderhall Hibs
05-05-2016, 11:51 AM

Although hardly having played hasn't helped he'd be a better shout than young Shaw (touted as the solution on another thread).

The real problem is we have a midfield that don't contribute goals, "wingers" that hardly beat the first man or launch it high. Play is built up too slowly. If we continue to play the channels Dagnall looks like the type of player that might suit.

LaMotta
05-05-2016, 11:53 AM
If Dagnall is the answer, someone has muddled up the questions.

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/tee%20hee%20hee.gif

BoomtownHibees
05-05-2016, 11:56 AM
Although hardly having played hasn't helped he'd be a better shout than young Shaw (touted as the solution on another thread).

The real problem is we have a midfield that don't contribute goals, "wingers" that hardly beat the first man or launch it high. Play is built up too slowly. If we continue to play the channels Dagnall looks like the type of player that might suit.

I would go with the combination of Stokes, Keatings and Boyle that was pretty effective the last 2 home games

Kaiserclem
05-05-2016, 12:42 PM

And last night we looked like scoring a plenty? why did we sign him then? has a decent track record so can't be that bad surely. then again.....

BoomtownHibees
05-05-2016, 12:43 PM
And last night we looked like scoring a plenty? why did we sign him then? has a decent track record so can't be that bad surely. then again.....

Well what has he shown since joining that makes anybody think he is the answer for Saturday?

Danderhall Hibs
05-05-2016, 01:02 PM
Well what has he shown since joining that makes anybody think he is the answer for Saturday?

It's probably the unknown that's making folk wonder? He was decent in the semi at tiny as well, in what was the only game I've really seen him play.

Bishop Hibee
05-05-2016, 01:05 PM
In my opinion Boyle has to start, think also Henderson and McGeough will start as well

Agree. Stubbs needs to be brave in his team selection.

BoomtownHibees
05-05-2016, 01:06 PM
It's probably the unknown that's making folk wonder? He was decent in the semi at tiny as well, in what was the only game I've really seen him play.

He was ok without doing anything special.

Who knows, he might come in and be the hero!!

tamig
05-05-2016, 10:00 PM
I would go with the combination of Stokes, Keatings and Boyle that was pretty effective the last 2 home games

I still don't get why he changed it from the weekend. Bizarre decision.

Scouse Hibee
05-05-2016, 10:05 PM

No he can't, no he won't

Ronniekirk
05-05-2016, 10:30 PM
No chance he will start He has had chances and not taken any We need goals on Saturday and he doesn't score Its as simple as that
Wish he did as it would put more pressure on others to score week in week out to keep their place in team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

northstandhibby
05-05-2016, 10:37 PM
Chris Dagnall looks severely short of confidence. Sorry to say I would'nt put a penny on him scoring. Just does'nt seem like scoring any time soon. A great pity.

theonlywayisup
05-05-2016, 11:00 PM
Erm, no!

It's a bit like when Collins through Gray into the Scottish Cup Semi Final replay against Dunfermline. That worked well, didn't it. :rolleyes:

MB62
06-05-2016, 10:00 AM
Thought I had seen Chris in a house of ill repute recently, and he didn't score then either :wink: :greengrin

SJM
06-05-2016, 10:03 AM
Erm, no!

It's a bit like when Collins through Gray into the Scottish Cup Semi Final replay against Dunfermline. That worked well, didn't it. :rolleyes:

There wasn't any alternatives.

Hermit Crab
06-05-2016, 10:10 AM
Erm, no!

Was that not due to injuries or suspensions?

Brightside
06-05-2016, 10:19 AM

Have you seen shaw play? He will score for fun once he gets his chance.

LaMotta
06-05-2016, 10:50 AM
Erm, no!

Steven Fletcher was on the bench FFS! :brickwall

SJM
06-05-2016, 10:54 AM
Steven Fletcher was on the bench FFS! :brickwall

I thought he took a knock prior to the match and Gray scored against Aberdeen the weekend before?

Utterly ***** night mind.

LaMotta
06-05-2016, 10:59 AM
I thought he took a knock prior to the match and Gray scored against Aberdeen the weekend before?

Utterly ***** night mind.

:agree:

Another fine night's work from Craig Thomson

SJM
06-05-2016, 11:07 AM

Aye, forgot about that. Bamba was absolutely class for them in both games. I'm sure it was pissing down after the game too.

LaMotta
06-05-2016, 11:19 AM
Aye, forgot about that. Bamba was absolutely class for them in both games. I'm sure it was pissing down after the game too.

Aye it was a long drive home!

Danderhall Hibs
06-05-2016, 11:23 AM
Aye it was a long drive home!

It was but the traffic wasn't that busy given the fact there was only about 7000 of us there!

scoopyboy
06-05-2016, 11:29 AM

Hibs had plenty time to tuck away a terrible Dunfermline team but couldn't score a goal in over 210 minutes.

Not really all Craig Thomson's fault surely? :greengrin

Big Paws
06-05-2016, 12:29 PM

No!

Forza Fred
06-05-2016, 12:45 PM
Oxley has scored more goals for us than Dagnall

JimBHibees
06-05-2016, 12:51 PM

Steven Fletcher was on the bench.

LaMotta
06-05-2016, 12:55 PM
It was but the traffic wasn't that busy given the fact there was only about 7000 of us there!

:greengrin

erin go bragh
06-05-2016, 12:55 PM
I'd play the laddie Shaw before D but not before Jason .

GGTTH

LaMotta
06-05-2016, 01:18 PM
Hibs had plenty time to tuck away a terrible Dunfermline team but couldn't score a goal in over 210 minutes.

Not really all Craig Thomson's fault surely? :greengrin

Agreed - never said it was though :greengrin

SJM
06-05-2016, 01:21 PM

Walk to the train station was though in the pishing rain.

CRAZYHIBBY
06-05-2016, 02:32 PM
Dagnalls worse than collins

Libby Hibby
06-05-2016, 03:03 PM

Let's stick the Ox up front then...

Franck Stanton
06-05-2016, 03:41 PM

Unfortunately , you are correct, If ever there was a damning statistic for a so-called "striker" then this is it. 6 months in and even your keeper has scored more goals than you. To even suggest he ever gets a game again is ludicrous. Would be first out the door at end of season, promotion or not.

hibby6270
06-05-2016, 07:44 PM

This!!

JK Rolling
06-05-2016, 09:44 PM

:faf: :lolyam:

Brilliant.

theonlywayisup
07-05-2016, 07:29 AM

The truth hurts!!

Big L
07-05-2016, 08:24 AM
Let's stick the Ox up front then...

Don't know about Ox but if we need a goal in the late stages I'd certainly stick big Gunnarson up front, he'd be a right hand full and HD knows where the goals are!