PDA

View Full Version : Shut up Jason

Edson Arantes
05-05-2016, 11:29 AM
You're not as good as you think you are and should be concentrating on your football instead of making ridiculous comments to the press.

Oh, cut out the chipped shots/penalties too please.

A hat-trick on Saturday (if you start) would be great though. Thanks.

The Green Goblin
05-05-2016, 11:31 AM
Is this in response to something specific?

FromTheCapital
05-05-2016, 11:31 AM
To be fair, the chip was worth a try last night, he just got it completely wrong. It wasn't a difficult finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waxy
05-05-2016, 11:32 AM
You're not as good as you think you are and should be concentrating on your football instead of making ridiculous comments to the press.

A har-trick on Saturday (if you start) would be great though. Thanks.
A har trick? He's only a footballer, not a weather magician.

Carheenlea
05-05-2016, 11:33 AM
It utterly depresses me how so many fans are ready and willing to stick the boot in to our own players, particularly a raw, young charismatic striker who will only get better.

SeanWilson
05-05-2016, 11:33 AM
Is this in response to something specific?

nah, he'll somehow have the message sent via hibs.net wizardy and take heed, of course :rolleyes:

matty_f
05-05-2016, 11:34 AM

You sure? No smoke without fire.

1987kev
05-05-2016, 11:34 AM
40 odd goals in 2 seasons God knows where we would b if it wasn't for this goals

BroxburnHibee
05-05-2016, 11:36 AM
40 odd goals in 2 seasons God knows where we would b if it wasn't for this goals

:agree: its pathetic

Alfred E Newman
05-05-2016, 11:37 AM

A har-trick on Saturday (if you start) would be great though. Thanks.

His ridiculous comments are no worse than the ridiculous nonsense posted on here.

Edson Arantes
05-05-2016, 11:39 AM

Right right!

I've fixed it.

Christ, no room for error here is there?

Edson Arantes
05-05-2016, 11:40 AM
You sure? No smoke without fire.

Actually, that's quite good!

:thumbsup:

Waxy
05-05-2016, 11:42 AM
Right right!

I've fixed it.

Christ, no room for error here is there?No

500miles
05-05-2016, 11:43 AM

How many goals would Keatings have gotten?

The problem is, with the sitters he missed, it should be about 60.

Steve20
05-05-2016, 11:46 AM

The issue is the amount of great chances he misses. A decent striker would probably have had more than 40 with the chances that Cummings misses.

I'd prefer Keatings up front on Saturday.

Carheenlea
05-05-2016, 11:47 AM
The issue is the amount of great chances he misses. A decent striker would probably have had more than 40 with the chances that Cummings misses.

If Keatings had played every game this season, would he have over 40 goals? I doubt that he would have scored as many as Cummings.

Beefster
05-05-2016, 11:48 AM
No

Start using full stops then.

500miles
05-05-2016, 11:48 AM

Jason isn't a poor striker, he's just predatory. He picks up on mistakes, or the spaces others make for him, but he rarely makes chances for himself.

We need to bring in a more intelligent striker against Raith at home - probably Keatings.

LaMotta
05-05-2016, 11:51 AM
If Keatings had played every game this season, would he have over 40 goals? I doubt that he would have scored as many as Cummings.

:agree: Did Keatings miss an easier one on one on Saturday than Cummings did last night? Yes he did!

CallumLaidlaw
05-05-2016, 11:52 AM
:agree: Did Keatings miss an easier one on one on Saturday than Cummings did last night? Yes he did!

Well Keatings at least hit the target with his 1 on 1. Surely that is the first thing you make sure of.

Waxy
05-05-2016, 11:53 AM

Captured already.

LaMotta
05-05-2016, 11:54 AM
Well Keatings at least hit the target with his 1 on 1. Surely that is the first thing you make sure of.

Which one of the two scored on Saturday?

Edson Arantes
05-05-2016, 11:56 AM

:thumbsup::wink:

JimBHibees
05-05-2016, 11:58 AM

Awful post I think you are the one that needs to shut up. Hal way through a tie and wanting to pile into a young talented player, very yammish behaviour IMO.

Danderhall Hibs
05-05-2016, 12:00 PM

:agree: good save from the keeper. Should've scored like but the keeper did save it.

LaMotta
05-05-2016, 12:03 PM
:agree: good save from the keeper. Should've scored like but the keeper did save it.

Certainly a much easier chance than Cummings last night.

WeeRussell
05-05-2016, 12:05 PM

Not necessarily. Sometimes you need to try what is more difficult in order to keep it away from the keeper, and therefore take more risk that it won't even end up on target. An (extreme) example.. I''d prefer someone on the edge of the box to put their laces through the ball and perhaps it goes slightly over the bar or wide, rather than side footing it slowly along the ground straight into the keeper's hands... but ultimately 'on target'.

The best strikers don't simply make sure their shots are on target.

Having said that, Cummings' finish was weak last night. However, to suggest he is not a good striker because he's also missed chances on top of the 40 odd he's scored for us is daft. Why do you think it is generally him who finds himself on the end of our chances.. and more often than not, scores them?

let's at least give it until Saturday before the ludicrous arguments amongst each other take-off. Win the 90 mins at home and we're at least going to extra time. Far from ideal, and last night wasn't good enough, but it's where we are and we've still a great chance of progressing.

*Only the first two paras were in direct response to you mate

WeeRussell
05-05-2016, 12:06 PM
Right right!

I've fixed it.

A bit like a few of our players then.

LaMotta
05-05-2016, 12:06 PM
Not necessarily. Sometimes you need to try what is more difficult in order to keep it away from the keeper, and therefore take more risk that it won't even end up on target. An (extreme) example.. I''d prefer someone on the edge of the box to put their laces through the ball and perhaps it goes slightly over the bar or wide, rather than side footing it slowly along the ground straight into the keeper's hands... but ultimately 'on target'.

The best strikers don't simply make sure their shots are on target.

Having said that, Cummings' finish was weak last night. However, to suggest he is not a good striker because he's also missed chances on top of the 40 odd he's scored for us is daft. Why do you think it is generally him who finds himself on the end of our chances.. and more often than not, scores them?

let's at least give it until Saturday before the ludicrous arguments amongst each other take-off. Win the 90 mins at home and we're at least going to extra time. Far from ideal, and last night wasn't good enough, but it's where we are and we've still a great chance of progressing.

Excellent post :agree:

Edson Arantes
05-05-2016, 12:08 PM
Awful post I think you are the one that needs to shut up. Hal way through a tie and wanting to pile into a young talented player, very yammish behaviour IMO.

Suppose it's all about opinions.

lapsedhibee
05-05-2016, 12:08 PM

Did Keatings miss an easier one on one on Saturday than Cummings did last night? Yes he did!
No, he didn't.

Which one of the two scored on Saturday?
Neither.

:na na:

LaMotta
05-05-2016, 12:18 PM
No, he didn't.

Neither.

:na na:

oops Sunday :greengrin

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
05-05-2016, 12:35 PM

I see this point made a lot - that its ok for a forward to 'just' score goals.

Genuine question. Is it OK for a defender to just win tackles and head the ball away? Or do you expect Hanlon et al to also have something of an all round game i.e. being able to contribute to the wider team, and not just 'do their job'?

Likewise a midfield player - do you expect Henderson to work back and put in some graft or just create? Do you expect Fyvie or Bartly to just win the ball and fill space, or also contribute?

Cummings does score goals (in the lower tier), but he should be doing more and contributing to the team in other ways (winning headers, holding the ball up, threatening in behind, linking up with team mates etc) - it is quite obvious he doesnt do that nearly well enough.

Also, he fails in his job quite often. I can think of Dundee Utd, Raith away (x2), Morton at home, Huns away at start of season where he has missed very easy chances to score, and it has cost us very dearly. If a centre half had given away goals in each of these games in a glaring way, they would be crucified.

1987kev
05-05-2016, 12:48 PM
How many goals would Keatings have gotten?

The problem is, with the sitters he missed, it should be about 60.

I doubt keatings would have scored more keatings last played the last 3 seasons in this league and only scored 35 league goals. Youve got to remember he's only 20 and still learning.

easty
05-05-2016, 01:00 PM

Genuine question. Is it OK for a defender to just win tackles and head the ball away? Or do you expect Hanlon et al to also have something of an all round game i.e. being able to contribute to the wider team, and not just 'do their job'?

Likewise a midfield player - do you expect Henderson to work back and put in some graft or just create? Do you expect Fyvie or Bartly to just win the ball and fill space, or also contribute?

Cummings does score goals (in the lower tier), but he should be doing more and contributing to the team in other ways (winning headers, holding the ball up, threatening in behind, linking up with team mates etc) - it is quite obvious he doesnt do that nearly well enough.

Also, he fails in his job quite often. I can think of Dundee Utd, Raith away (x2), Morton at home, Huns away at start of season where he has missed very easy chances to score, and it has cost us very dearly. If a centre half had given away goals in each of these games in a glaring way, they would be crucified.

If a striker just scores goals, a lot of goals, then yes that's enough. If a defender just wins tackles and gets the ball away, yep that's enough for me too.

As for you "lower tier" comment, let's just ignore Cummings record of 9 in 13 games against SPL teams + Rangers this season. They were probably all flukes anyway eh. :aok:

pacoluna
05-05-2016, 01:01 PM

80% of Hibs net are behaving very Yammish then after yesterdays defeat, if being negative and fed up = being a Yam, which a few seem to think.

1987kev
05-05-2016, 01:10 PM

hes 20 year old still learning if he could do all that right now do you honestly think he still b here? Of course he misses chances but him keatings and stokes are the only ones that get in those positions seriously when was the last time a midfielder scored?

If the defence could just there job and stop letting in silly would b good enough for me.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
05-05-2016, 01:13 PM
If a striker just scores goals, a lot of goals, then yes that's enough. If a defender just wins tackles and gets the ball away, yep that's enough for me too.

As for you "lower tier" comment, let's just ignore Cummings record of 9 in 13 games against SPL teams + Rangers this season. They were probably all flukes anyway eh. :aok:

No, not flukes at all. But Rangers are lower tier.

His goal against Aberdeen was great, and the goal against Hearts (first leg) was one of the best headers i've ever seen. I'm not saying he doesn't have talent. I'm questioning whether, overall, he's a good enough player to contribute to an effective attacking team. The problem with relying on one player to score a very high percentage of goals is there to see. When he misses, we struggle.

Hearts had about five players who regularly scored last season, and Rangers have had lots this season. We have two, with Keatings off the bench. And this is with a supposedly attacking manager.

Also, overall just scoring goals isnt enough. He's on the cusp of being dropped from the third best team in Scotland's second tier as it stands. If he steps-up a level, he will be under more scrutiny and asked to contribute more. Time will tell i suppose.

easty
05-05-2016, 01:22 PM
No, not flukes at all. But Rangers are lower tier.

His goal against Aberdeen was great, and the goal against Hearts (first leg) was one of the best headers i've ever seen. I'm not saying he doesn't have talent. I'm questioning whether, overall, he's a good enough player to contribute to an effective attacking team. The problem with relying on one player to score a very high percentage of goals is there to see. When he misses, we struggle.

Hearts had about five players who regularly scored last season, and Rangers have had lots this season. We have two, with Keatings off the bench. And this is with a supposedly attacking manager.

Also, overall just scoring goals isnt enough. He's on the cusp of being dropped from the third best team in Scotland's second tier as it stands. If he steps-up a level, he will be under more scrutiny and asked to contribute more. Time will tell i suppose.

Rangers are a better side than a lot of SPL teams, so I'm grouping them with SPL teams. I think that's fair enough.

As for the bit in bold...that's no Cummings fault.

Goal scoring is enough. We're no Barcelona or Bayern Munich who have everyone capable of doing everything on the park. If we have a striker who just scores goals, that's plenty. If we have a striker who doesn't score many goals, but links up the middle of the park to the final third really well, then that can be enough too. Or if the striker doesn't score many goals but is a good target man, that can be enough too. If we had a striker who scored goals and did the link up play and is a good target man as well, we'd no have him for very long, cos he'd be too good for us. If you expect that from Cummings, at his age as well, then you're expectations need managed, in my opinion.

JimBHibees
05-05-2016, 01:37 PM
80% of Hibs net are behaving very Yammish then after yesterdays defeat, if being negative and fed up = being a Yam, which a few seem to think.

No blatantly slating an excellent young player who has scored 25 goals this season is behaviour becoming of another teams supporter such as Hearts.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
05-05-2016, 02:32 PM
Rangers are a better side than a lot of SPL teams, so I'm grouping them with SPL teams. I think that's fair enough.

Goal scoring is enough. We're no Barcelona or Bayern Munich who have everyone capable of doing everything on the park. If we have a striker who just scores goals, that's plenty. If we have a striker who doesn't score many goals, but links up the middle of the park to the final third really well, then that can be enough too. Or if the striker doesn't score many goals but is a good target man, that can be enough too. If we had a striker who scored goals and did the link up play and is a good target man as well, we'd no have him for very long, cos he'd be too good for us. If you expect that from Cummings, at his age as well, then you're expectations need managed, in my opinion.

I suppose the question i am asking is, is it partly his fault? A lot of out attacking play suffers when he gets involved, so is he hampering us being a better attacking team?

Our two biggest wins at home have come minus him. That strikes me as odd.

Lee Marvin
05-05-2016, 02:37 PM
I suppose the question i am asking is, is it partly his fault? A lot of out attacking play suffers when he gets involved, so is he hampering us being a better attacking team?

Our two biggest wins at home have come minus him. That strikes me as odd.

In games against teams with literally nothing to play for and where we had to score as many goals as possible. Thsee facts have more relevance to those games and Jason not playing

green day
05-05-2016, 04:56 PM
No blatantly slating an excellent young player who has scored 25 goals this season is behaviour becoming of another teams supporter such as Hearts.

Agreed.

This month has a lot of possibilities - good, bad, and a bit of both.

I wasnt there last night, but all the Sportsound team said we were BY FAR the better team and pretty much got mugged - and they all hate us (or so I read on here :greengrin).

Stubbs himself said there would be twists and turns - he made mistakes last night, cant see them repeated on Saturday at home. I also cant see Raith toughing it out for 90 minutes - I think they will play - and that will suit us.

Having said all that........If we lose on Saturday I will be trying not to look on here for a bit - some of the chat is more depressing than last nights result.

silverhibee
05-05-2016, 05:02 PM

What has he said.?

Pete
05-05-2016, 05:08 PM
What has he said.?

Probably something innocent that's been twisted and taken out of context by the papers. People keep falling for it though.

As for the audacious attempts at goal, I bet he wasn't complaining when he scored at Ibrox or in the shoot out.

A hat trick would be nice though. I think we can all agree on that.

Scorrie
05-05-2016, 05:09 PM
It utterly depresses me how so many fans are ready and willing to stick the boot in to our own players, particularly a raw, young charismatic striker who will only get better.

Agree. Get off his case

silverhibee
05-05-2016, 05:11 PM

Football would be pretty boring if every player scored a goal when they had a shot on target. :greengrin

emerald green
05-05-2016, 06:05 PM
What has he said.?

His latest pearl of wisdom was something along the lines of Raith Rovers will be afraid of Hibs. I can't remember exactly what his words were, but it was something along those lines I think.

In response, I think the Raith Rovers captain was quoted as saying he was more afraid of his missus than Hibs. :greengrin

Raith Rovers then win against Hibs, albeit against the run of play. Nothing new there then.

ancient hibee
05-05-2016, 06:14 PM
Only a Hibs supporter could possibly think that if a player scores most of our goals he is at fault and not the other players who are not scoring enough.

emerald green
05-05-2016, 06:24 PM
Only a Hibs supporter could possibly think that if a player scores most of our goals he is at fault and not the other players who are not scoring enough.

Just for the record, I'm quite happy with the number of goals Jason Cummings has scored for Hibs, but I honestly believe he should/could have scored more. As I've said repeatedly, Hibs as a team simply don't score enough goals to get out of this league.

It's Cummings' off-field comments in the media, whether they are twisted or not, that he and/or the club need to get to grips with.

Lago
05-05-2016, 06:30 PM
Just for the record, I'm quite happy with the number of goals Jason Cummings has scored for Hibs, but I honestly believe he should/could have scored more. As I've said repeatedly, Hibs as a team simply don't score enough goals to get out of this league.

It's Cummings' off-field comments in the media, whether they are twisted or not, that he and/or the club need to get to grips with.
Why do Hibs let him any where near a microphone? He is his own worst enemy at times.

ancient hibee
05-05-2016, 06:31 PM

Don't disagree with any of that.

emerald green
05-05-2016, 06:47 PM
Why do Hibs let him any where near a microphone? He is his own worst enemy at times.

:agree:

Don't disagree with any of that.

:aok:

JimBHibees
05-05-2016, 06:55 PM
Agreed.

This month has a lot of possibilities - good, bad, and a bit of both.

I wasnt there last night, but all the Sportsound team said we were BY FAR the better team and pretty much got mugged - and they all hate us (or so I read on here :greengrin).

Stubbs himself said there would be twists and turns - he made mistakes last night, cant see them repeated on Saturday at home. I also cant see Raith toughing it out for 90 minutes - I think they will play - and that will suit us.

Having said all that........If we lose on Saturday I will be trying not to look on here for a bit - some of the chat is more depressing than last nights result.

Couldn't agree more manic depressives r us.

silverhibee
05-05-2016, 07:39 PM
His latest pearl of wisdom was something along the lines of Raith Rovers will be afraid of Hibs. I can't remember exactly what his words were, but it was something along those lines I think.

In response, I think the Raith Rovers captain was quoted as saying he was more afraid of his missus than Hibs. :greengrin

Raith Rovers then win against Hibs, albeit against the run of play. Nothing new there then.

I see, so not something new from him, this was said before the game, I thought he had come out with a new quote, "don't worry I'll get a hat trick on Saturday" :greengrin something like that, I have no problems with his chat, to me it means he feels confident in his self, which is a good thing as a striker.

Nice come back from the Raith player though. :greengrin

I'm sure our top goal scorer will be ready to go again on Saturday. :aok:

silverhibee
05-05-2016, 07:42 PM
:giruy2:

hibsbollah
05-05-2016, 07:47 PM

What Jason said has no bearing on how Raith played. The whole 'let's pin it on the dressing room wall' pish is just that, pish.

Let's not make our players boring automatons spouting meaningless platitudes. It's Boring.

emerald green
05-05-2016, 07:49 PM
I see, so not something new from him, this was said before the game, I thought he had come out with a new quote, "don't worry I'll get a hat trick on Saturday" :greengrin something like that, I have no problems with his chat, to me it means he feels confident in his self, which is a good thing as a striker.

Nice come back from the Raith player though. :greengrin

I'm sure our top goal scorer will be ready to go again on Saturday. :aok:

I hope so too. I would just prefer that he does his talking on the pitch though.

emerald green
05-05-2016, 07:51 PM
What Jason said has no bearing on how Raith played. The whole 'let's pin it on the dressing room wall' pish is just that, pish.

Let's not make our players boring automatons spouting meaningless platitudes. It's Boring.

How do you know that?

Itsnoteasy
05-05-2016, 07:51 PM

What about JK last minute sitter against hertz in the cup at ER.

JimBHibees
05-05-2016, 07:55 PM

Agree.

JimBHibees
05-05-2016, 07:57 PM
How do you know that?

How do you know it did?

emerald green
05-05-2016, 07:58 PM
How do you know it did?

I don't. That's the point.

JimBHibees
05-05-2016, 08:04 PM
I don't. That's the point.

That's cleared it up then we don't know if his comments had any influence.

Alfred E Newman
05-05-2016, 08:05 PM
Having watched the highlights Cummings one on one did not look like the sitter mentioned on here in all the general abuse aimed at the lad. The ball sat up high and the lob was the only option but unfortunately it was just too high. I watched him score with a similar lob in the league game there earlier in the season but these occasions are conveniently forgotten about.

Jonnyboy
05-05-2016, 08:06 PM
Having watched the highlights Cummings one on one did not look like the sitter mentioned on here in all the general abuse aimed at the lad. The ball sat up high and the lob was the only option but unfortunately it was just too high. I watched him score with a similar lob in the league game there earlier in the season but these occasions are conveniently forgotten about.

:agree:

emerald green
05-05-2016, 08:06 PM
That's cleared it up then we don't know if his comments had any influence.

OK if you say so. No big deal.

Although the previous poster said, and I quote:

"What Jason said had no bearing on how Raith played."

I simply asked how he knew that.

shamo9
05-05-2016, 08:12 PM

hibsbollah
05-05-2016, 08:14 PM
How do you know that?

Common sense. That sort of talk sells papers, nothing else.

emerald green
05-05-2016, 08:16 PM

Not sure if the GIRUY was for me or not, but thanks anyway. :aok:

Sammy7nil
05-05-2016, 08:17 PM

Exactly where we are in the 2nd tier of Scottish football :rolleyes:

hibs69
05-05-2016, 08:44 PM

Haha! Awesome.

silverhibee
05-05-2016, 09:24 PM
Not sure if the GIRUY was for me or not, but thanks anyway. :aok:

Not for you EG.

I posted it in support of our top striker.

Edinburgher
06-05-2016, 07:42 AM
I like his arrogance to a degree (penalty v DU aside) but he does play for himself and not the team. However, on watching the highlights of the RR game again- I think he did the right thing with his best chance - the ball was bouncing and the keeper was off his line - it just didn`t go for him.

matty_f
06-05-2016, 07:46 AM
I like his arrogance to a degree (penalty v DU aside) but he does play for himself and not the team. However, on watching the highlights of the RR game again- I think he did the right thing with his best chance - the ball was bouncing and the keeper was off his line - it just didn`t go for him.

Aye, I agree with you. :agree:

We shouldn't slaughter a striker for missing chances, if he starts worrying about missing, he'll stop scoring.

hibs69
06-05-2016, 07:53 AM
It also (IMO) wasn't a sitter. Couldve done so much better with it as he does have the ability, ("touch of an angel!") ....., but wasn't a sitter.

emerald green
06-05-2016, 09:24 AM
Not for you EG.

I posted it in support of our top striker.

Cheers silverhibee. :aok:

Allant1981
06-05-2016, 09:38 AM
Not got a problem with cummings coming out with the stuff he does, he has scored a load of goals but we need others to chip in, strikers will never take all their chances, if our midfield started chipping in with some goals we wouldnt be in this position

Dunedin Hibs
06-05-2016, 10:03 AM
The only question is ...does he play for the shirt? And you have to say yes, given his celebrations...strikers score, strikers miss, but as long as they have the passion for us as a Club, I support them 100%. Jason has the passion...and will score in the Cup Final I am sure...and hopefully many times in the lead up and play offs.

SJM
06-05-2016, 10:04 AM
Cummings from the bench, sharp and hungry will score tomorrow.

Waxy
06-05-2016, 11:25 AM
Agree with the chance. Timed the lob nicely but just had a bit much on it. Touch of an elephant.

WeeRussell
06-05-2016, 11:34 AM
Cummings from the bench, sharp and hungry will score tomorrow.

Agree - but I don't think it'll be from the bench.

green day
06-05-2016, 12:04 PM
Back on topic - I don't buy the paper, but a boy at work had the Sun open at lunchtime and there is a massive article slagging off Hibs, quotes from the raith manager about pressure on hibs etc.

I don't imagine for a minute that the Raith Forum (if one exists) is tying itself up in knots about it.

Its for that reason that I have zero problem with JC saying whatever he wants in the press. I fully expect us to come through tomorrow and certainly hope that JC scores the winner, just so he can go :na na: to all the haters.

silverhibee
06-05-2016, 12:11 PM
Cheers silverhibee. :aok:

No probs EG. :thumbsup:

Jason is a young lad still learning his trade as a footballer, he will miss chances just like he will score a good number as well, he will eventually learn to be more sensible when giving interviews but right now at his age he is enjoying his football and will have wee moments of madness when in front of the cameras or giving a story to the press, you really don't want to take some of that silliness away from him as I think that's where he gets his confidence from, and he seems to have it in abundance which is a good thing, some folk are being very harsh on him on here and some of the stuff posted about him on match day threads are way over the top, strikers won't score every chance they have, but when the lad misses some opportunities in games he gets dogs abuse from some, even the best strikers in football miss easy chances but they bounce back and go again, Jason is getting there, his penalty dink he misses, but is full of confidence to take another one when it came to penalties and put it away against Utd, that takes a lot of bottle, some players would not put there hand up to take another one after the dink, but he was confident enough to walk up and bang his penalty in to the back of the net.

JimBHibees
06-05-2016, 12:28 PM
No probs EG. :thumbsup:

Jason is a young lad still learning his trade as a footballer, he will miss chances just like he will score a good number as well, he will eventually learn to be more sensible when giving interviews but right now at his age he is enjoying his football and will have wee moments of madness when in front of the cameras or giving a story to the press, you really don't want to take some of that silliness away from him as I think that's where he gets his confidence from, and he seems to have it in abundance which is a good thing, some folk are being very harsh on him on here and some of the stuff posted about him on match day threads are way over the top, strikers won't score every chance they have, but when the lad misses some opportunities in games he gets dogs abuse from some, even the best strikers in football miss easy chances but they bounce back and go again, Jason is getting there, his penalty dink he misses, but is full of confidence to take another one when it came to penalties and put it away against Utd, that takes a lot of bottle, some players would not put there hand up to take another one after the dink, but he was confident enough to walk up and bang his penalty in to the back of the net.

Couldnt agree more his self confidence is his biggest asset,