PDA

View Full Version : Highlights from Raith game last night

GreenCastle
05-05-2016, 11:17 AM
http://www.raithrovers.net/raithtv?vid=541

Deja vu watching the clips...

Raith pack the box and park the bus - we can't defend set a set piece - we can't put ball in the net.

Saturday is going to be interesting :agree:

matty_f
05-05-2016, 11:33 AM
Neither penalty shout looked especially convincing from those highlights.

1987kev
05-05-2016, 11:38 AM
What a soft goal

Lee Marvin
05-05-2016, 11:39 AM
Blaming the ref and pitch for that defeat is laughabl. How about you take a look at yourself and players alan!?

CallumLaidlaw
05-05-2016, 11:42 AM
Blaming the ref and pitch for that defeat is laughabl. How about you take a look at yourself and players alan!?

Except he didnt blame either for the defeat. :rolleyes:

green day
05-05-2016, 11:44 AM
Soft goal to lose.

Crap defending/goalkeeping, paniayatiou is a midget.

Watched Cummings miss a few times now, it was not an open goal. I cant give him too much grief for that. Strikers miss chances, even people at the top champions league level.

But, we really need to be more ruthless in front of goal (never heard that before, eh).

Still think we can win the tie on Saturday.

Carheenlea
05-05-2016, 12:01 PM

..from a camera on the half way line.
Sat in stand right above it, both stonewall penalty's.

Danderhall Hibs
05-05-2016, 12:01 PM

Didn't they? As you know I thought the push on Stokes was an absolute stonewaller at the time.

Danderhall Hibs
05-05-2016, 12:02 PM
http://www.raithrovers.net/raithtv?vid=541

Deja vu watching the clips...

Raith pack the box and park the bus - we can't defend set a set piece - we can't put ball in the net.

Saturday is going to be interesting :agree:

I was at the game - it didn't feel like Raith parked the bus.

JoeT_WasTheBest
Didn't they? As you know I thought the push on Stokes was an absolute stonewaller at the time.

:agree:

matty_f

Same here. Have a watch and see what you think.

matty_f
05-05-2016, 12:05 PM
..from a camera on the half way line.
Sat in stand right above it, both stonewall penalty's.

Yeah, I thought they were clear at the time, too.

I mind going absolutely radge at a ref for giving a penalty to Dundee United at ER in a 4-1 defeat (think Stokes got our consolation goal). It looked from my seat right in line with the incident, like Hogg had made a great tackle.

I think I described it as the worst decision I'd ever seen.

Saw the highlights when I got home. Stonewaller. Was a great decision from the ref.

dangermouse
05-05-2016, 12:16 PM
The corner they scored from doesn't even look like it should have been a corner :grr:

since90plustwo
05-05-2016, 12:23 PM
Plenty to be optimistic about. Looked like we played well but usual story didnt take our chances. Usual story but by no means is this tie over

Golden Bear
05-05-2016, 12:26 PM

They didn't, the truth is we couldn't penetrate a paper bag.

JimBHibees
05-05-2016, 12:31 PM
Cummings should have scored but not quite the absolute sitter I'd imagined.

GreenCastle
05-05-2016, 12:36 PM

Maybe wrong term - defended well in numbers :aok:

Golden Bear
05-05-2016, 12:37 PM

Stokes's free header in the first half was an equally bad miss.

HibsNutter
05-05-2016, 12:38 PM
Thought it was bad at the time, what a horrible goal to lose, straight run to the front post and nobody is able to read it.

We know we'll get chances on Saturday, need to be more clinical this time and we'll give ourselves a chance.

Spike Mandela
05-05-2016, 12:42 PM
Their own highlights and it was 95% Hibs. Just can't understand why we don't give some team a doing.

easty
05-05-2016, 12:48 PM
Did McGinn pull his head out of it for their goal? Cannae tell if he was well under it, or he could have got it, he definitely ducks though.

easty
05-05-2016, 12:49 PM

:agree: The lob looked the right option, and it wasn't as far over the bar as I was expecting it to have been.

erin go bragh
05-05-2016, 12:57 PM
The linesman had a perfect view of the deliberate hand ball to stop the cross going across the box . Stonewall pen .
At the game I though Cunmings had scored that chip but the goal was ruled offside 👀 . We can get through this tie but we need pace and width .
Ps . The only highlight was getting two bits of fish in my supper on the way home :)
GGTTH

lucky
05-05-2016, 01:05 PM
These highlight flatter us big time. Both teams were poor but we were the better of the two crap teams.

Danderhall Hibs
05-05-2016, 04:21 PM
Their goal certainly doesn't flatter Conrad. Not sure who he was having a pop at?

The_Horde
05-05-2016, 04:24 PM
These highlight flatter us big time. Both teams were poor but we were the better of the two crap teams.

Highlights don't flatter us one bit. We done enough to score AND win but didn't take the chances. Highlights are spot on

Libby Hibby
05-05-2016, 04:41 PM
Did McGinn pull his head out of it for their goal? Cannae tell if he was well under it, or he could have got it, he definitely ducks though.

I thought he ducked out of it, maybe he got a shout, regardless still should've committed to the header.

Hi Heid Yin
05-05-2016, 04:45 PM
Observations:

Stokes fell over his own feet. Never a penalty.

It was ball to hand rather than hand to ball from their defender. Not a penalty.

McGinn and Bartley both culpable for the conceded goal. McGinn should never have let the ball go past him. Bartley was not focused and could have put in a challenge but didn't, our goalkeeper realised too late that his defenders had not dealt with the ball and tried in vain to punch the ball away but hit fresh air. A poor, poor goal to concede.

Stevenson whipped in some decent balls with no takers.

Our efforts at goals were mostly snatched at with little composure or belief.

Cummings chose the fancy and spectacular option and tried to lob the keeper when hitting the ball low would have been the sensible option. To be fair it was a split second decision and he chose wrongly, which is all part of his learning curve.

cabbageandribs1875
05-05-2016, 04:47 PM

i've re-run that a doz times and can't understand why he ducked, unless a raith player shouted to leave it, also why was david gray over on the left back position instead of at the near post

good highlights but unfortunately they decided to leave out the reason dylan got booked...clown linesman

Hi Heid Yin
05-05-2016, 04:50 PM
i've re-run that a doz times and can't understand why he ducked, unless a raith player shouted to leave it, also why was david gray over on the left back position instead of at the near post

good highlights but unfortunately they decided to leave out the reason dylan got booked...clown linesman

Whatever McGinns intention, his action, coupled with Bartley's non attempt to attack the ball, led to their goal.

Danderhall Hibs
05-05-2016, 04:58 PM
Whatever McGinns intention, his action, coupled with Bartley's non attempt to attack the ball, led to their goal.

What do you think of the keepers actions? Maybe better staying on his line?

stantonhibby
05-05-2016, 05:10 PM

Can't help but think if that had been Oxley we'd be on page 10 by now!

Danderhall Hibs
05-05-2016, 05:14 PM

It's a weird one.

hibee
05-05-2016, 05:16 PM

rcarter1
05-05-2016, 05:16 PM
Their own highlights and it was 95% Hibs. Just can't understand why we don't give some team a doing.

I suppose we gave Dumbarton a doing. Its just not often enough particularly when teams defend well. Our finishing is child-like at times. Everyone looks like the defender trying his luck. Keatings on form seems the only one that strikes it with conviction.

1987kev
05-05-2016, 05:17 PM

100%. Big Conrad was in no mans land for the goal

Pete
05-05-2016, 05:24 PM
100%. Big Conrad was in no mans land for the goal

To be fair it's not his fault that people are getting free headers in the box, especially guys that size.

Danderhall Hibs
05-05-2016, 05:31 PM
To be fair it's not his fault that people are getting free headers in the box, especially guys that size.

I don't think that's a valid reason - it was explained by someone on one of the Oxley threads.

The_Horde
05-05-2016, 07:33 PM
If you watch Conrad he's only in no mans land cos he's trying to throw himself at the header. Very little a keeper can do when a corner is fizzed in at the near and the boy gets a free header. Horrid defending.

If you look at the goal from behind the goals Conrad nearly gets to the header.

Alfred E Newman
05-05-2016, 07:51 PM
If you watch Conrad he's only in no mans land cos he's trying to throw himself at the header. Very little a keeper can do when a corner is fizzed in at the near and the boy gets a free header. Horrid defending.

If you look at the goal from behind the goals Conrad nearly gets to the header.

Maybe if we fired in some corners like that instead of the usual high floaters we would occasionally score from one as well.

Jonnyboy
05-05-2016, 07:58 PM

He didn't blame our defeat on either of those things

Observations:

Stokes fell over his own feet. Never a penalty.

It was ball to hand rather than hand to ball from their defender. Not a penalty.

McGinn and Bartley both culpable for the conceded goal. McGinn should never have let the ball go past him. Bartley was not focused and could have put in a challenge but didn't, our goalkeeper realised too late that his defeneders had not dealt with the ball and tried in vain to punch the ball away but hit fresh air. A poor, poor goal to concede.

Stevenson whipped in some decent balls with no takers.

Our efforts at goals were mostly snatched at with little composure or belief.

Cummings chose the fancy and spectacular option and tried to lob the keeper when hitting the ball low would have been the sensible option. To be fair it was a split second decision and he chose wrongly, which is all part of his learning curve.

I disagree. The guy had his hands up to make his body a bigger target to get around. In other words they were not in a natural position. Penalty all day long

northstandhibby
05-05-2016, 08:13 PM
Soft goal to lose.

Crap defending/goalkeeping, paniayatiou is a midget.

Watched Cummings miss a few times now, it was not an open goal. I cant give him too much grief for that. Strikers miss chances, even people at the top champions league level.

But, we really need to be more ruthless in front of goal (never heard that before, eh).

Still think we can win the tie on Saturday.

imo - the ball was hanging beautifully to be smashed into the gaping net. JC should have battered it in instead of the delicate failed lob. It was a gilt edged opportunity.

Nicho87
05-05-2016, 08:15 PM
I agree, the miss from cummings was not good enough. Good strikers score that and punish defences. To many times jason goes for the harder, fancy finish.

AndyB_70
05-05-2016, 08:16 PM
From the stand last night the defender clearly pushed Stokes. If the ref didn't see it then the linesman who was side one clearly did. Then again that linesman was hopeless. Behind play and looked lost.

Hi Heid Yin
05-05-2016, 09:04 PM

He probably would have stayed on his line but he had a split second decision to make when he saw both McGinn and Bartley fail to clear. He chose to try and punch the ball away and hit fresh air. Oxley would have been slaughtered for this by some, I'm sure.

Hi Heid Yin
05-05-2016, 09:08 PM
He didn't blame our defeat on either of those things

I disagree. The guy had his hands up to make his body a bigger target to get around. In other words they were not in a natural position. Penalty all day long

Opinions eh! It's little wonder referees get it wrong so often. The action takes place in a split second. The speed of the ball favoured the defender. Thus ball to hand. This is why the referee did not give it I suspect.

Super_JMcGinn
05-05-2016, 11:22 PM

Serious question, Hanlon standing watching as usual, who was his man?

easty
05-05-2016, 11:41 PM

deary me

Hermit Crab
06-05-2016, 05:44 AM
I agree, the miss from cummings was not good enough. Good strikers score that and punish defences. To many times jason goes for the harder, fancy finish.

You notice he very rarely scores one on ones with the goalie.

R'Albin
06-05-2016, 07:20 AM

To be fair that's because this is Logan's first real mistake as a Hibs keeper.

It was definitely his fault though. He's obviously given them a 'Keeper's' shout then not managed to get there.

Danderhall Hibs
06-05-2016, 08:02 AM

It was definitely his fault though. He's obviously given them a 'Keeper's' shout then not managed to get there.

It's good that we're getting behind the players now. I noticed he even got a round of applause the other night for booting the ball clean into touch.
Changed days, for the better.

mim
06-05-2016, 11:37 AM

Don't agree with that at all.
Two Hibs 'defenders' run under the ball. Logan sees the problem immediately and tries to get over to the near post to get a block in. He nearly managed that. Very unlucky and no way at fault for the goal.

500miles
06-05-2016, 11:59 AM
Opinions eh! It's little wonder referees get it wrong so often. The action takes place in a split second. The speed of the ball favoured the defender. Thus ball to hand. This is why the referee did not give it I suspect.

Nothing to do with the speed of the ball - keep your hands down. It's as simple as that. He was trying to himself big, including using his arms - which aren't allowed to touch the ball. Clear penalty and a booking.

Golden Bear
06-05-2016, 12:00 PM
Does it really have to be someone's fault every time the opposition score a goal?

:hmmm:

Danderhall Hibs
06-05-2016, 12:14 PM
Does it really have to be someone's fault every time the opposition score a goal?

:hmmm:

No. Usually from a corner it is though.

Although there have been threads on here all season apportioning blame when there was just a good strike - like the 2nd Rangers goal the other week, or the Tavernier free kick back in August.

Danderhall Hibs
06-05-2016, 12:15 PM
Don't agree with that at all.
Two Hibs 'defenders' run under the ball. Logan sees the problem immediately and tries to get over to the near post to get a block in. He nearly managed that. Very unlucky and no way at fault for the goal.

Do you think he could've taken a couple of quick wee steps to his right. But sooner? :greengrin

Or maybe stayed put on his line and simply caught the inevitable header?

Iain G
06-05-2016, 12:43 PM

That's not a serious question.

Ball went to the near post and either of the two players who are there could and should have blocked the header, Hanlon not to blame as well you know.

Maybe give it a rest huh? You are getting boring.

seanoheimhin
06-05-2016, 01:52 PM
Followed the game on periscope but was hard to get a full grasp due to quality.

Having seen these highlights in better quality, there aren't many occasions where I've seen us (or any other team for that matter) create so many chances and yet look so far from scoring. Out of all our chances, I didn't see a single player hit a shot with the conviction they were going to score. Really worrying stuff.

One of those stinking nights, just hope we can put it behind us.

CallumLaidlaw
06-05-2016, 02:05 PM
That's not a serious question.

Ball went to the near post and either of the two players who are there could and should have blocked the header, Hanlon not to blame as well you know.

Maybe give it a rest huh? You are getting boring.

Didn't you realise Hanlon is meant to be marking every player on the pitch? Come on eh!! :rolleyes:

lyonhibs
06-05-2016, 02:15 PM

I certainly hope so or else McGinn has had an absolute mare. Either way, for me with that kind of fast whipped delivery, McGinn should just get his head to it and argue the case as needs be afterwards with Logan. It's not like it's a looping ball that was in the air for ages.