PDA

View Full Version : Silence is Golden

Lago
05-05-2016, 09:58 AM
Please please can we now have a vow of silence from all at ER. It's becoming embarrassing from Cummings everyone is scared of us, to Stubbs saying it was the pitch and Ref that beat us last nigbt. Well guess what Alan Raith beat us because we couldn't defend a corner and Jason quite frankly no one in this league is scared of Hibs. Please all of you just shut up.

CallumLaidlaw
05-05-2016, 10:01 AM
Please please can we now have a vow of silence from all at ER. It's becoming embarrassing from Cummings everyone is scared of us, to Stubbs saying it was the pitch and Ref that beat us last nigbt. Well guess what Alan Raith beat us because we couldn't defend a corner and Jason quite frankly no one in this league is scared of Hibs. Please all of you just shut up.

In Stubbs defence, he said there was no excusing the goal conceded. He was also ASKED about the officials and gave his opinion on them that we all agreed on. He mentioned the pitch but didnt blame it for the defeat. He was quite clear that missed chances and failure to defend a corner were the reason we are behind in the tie.

He can do nothing about being asked questions, and then the media choose to say he BLAMES these things on the defeat. I'm not happy with Stubbs at the moment, but he didn't say much wrong in his interview.

JimBHibees
05-05-2016, 10:03 AM
Need to do their talking on the pitch. We are as soft as and no wonder gimps like Houston love to take the crap out of us. Players have got us into a shocking position of being on the verge of being knocked out before we even play Falkirk. Time to step up and show how good they are and their current form is that they arent half as good as they think they are. To me Raith will score at ER and we will struggle to turn it around.

JimBHibees
05-05-2016, 10:06 AM
Need to do their talking on the pitch. We are as soft as and no wonder gimps like Houston love to take the crap out of us. Players have got us into a shocking position of being on the verge of being knocked out before we even play Falkirk. Time to step up and show how good they are and their current form is that they arent half as good as they think they are. To me Raith will score at ER and we will struggle to turn it around.

Only positive I can see is that away goals dont count.

flash
05-05-2016, 10:10 AM
Only positive I can see is that away goals dont count.

That you answering your own post Jim? That's what watching Hibs does to you.

JimBHibees
05-05-2016, 10:17 AM
That you answering your own post Jim? That's what watching Hibs does to you.

Tried to edit my post but didnt allow me but in answer to your question, Yes. :greengrin

Hi Heid Yin
05-05-2016, 10:24 AM
Cummings has become embarrassing it has to be said. His attempted lob yesterday suggests that he did not learn from his previously failed penalty chip.
To mouth it off before another huge game and to fail to score in that game is cringing stuff.
I agree that he for definite should be restrained and kept far away from a microphone.

GreensesArab
05-05-2016, 10:26 AM

I think Jason thinks he's better than he really is. Yes, he's scored a lot of goals this season...in the Scottish 2nd Division! Hardly a stern test, is it. I think he should be judged after a season in the SPL against the best defences in the country. That's a better test of his ability. until then it's only 'potential.' Perhaps Jason should spend less time bragging about how scared the opposition are, and more time a) developing a right foot b) improving his first touch, and c) stop missing so many easy chances.

Lago
05-05-2016, 10:37 AM
In Stubbs defence, he said there was no excusing the goal conceded. He was also ASKED about the officials and gave his opinion on them that we all agreed on. He mentioned the pitch but didnt blame it for the defeat. He was quite clear that missed chances and failure to defend a corner were the reason we are behind in the tie.

He can do nothing about being asked questions, and then the media choose to say he BLAMES these things on the defeat. I'm not happy with Stubbs at the moment, but he didn't say much wrong in his interview.
To a degree I agree with you, he was asked but his reply to me was so defeatist and coupled with some of the guff coming out of ER it really just plays into the oppositions hands, read any report on last night game and what comes across first and foremost is ref, linesman, pitch followed by Jason should have scored and we should defend corners better and at ER we wiill be able to get the ball down and play, really Alan I hope so for your sake.

flash
05-05-2016, 10:42 AM
Cummings has become embarrassing it has to be said. His attempted lob yesterday suggests that he did not learn from his previously failed penalty chip.
To mouth it off before another huge game and to fail to score in that game is cringing stuff.
I agree that he for definite should be restrained and kept far away from a microphone.
Watch the highlights. The lob was the right option it was poorly executed.
In fact watch the highlights on Raith website and explain to me how we managed to lose that game.

Hi Heid Yin
05-05-2016, 10:46 AM
Watch the highlights. The lob was the right option it was poorly executed.
In fact watch the highlights on Raith website and explain to me how we managed to lose that game.

The bit in bold could be our catch phrase.

flash
05-05-2016, 10:49 AM
The bit in bold could be our catch phrase.

Aye the highlights are just a succession of Hibs attacks with sporadic attempts by Raith.
So frustrating.

Hi Heid Yin
05-05-2016, 10:54 AM
Aye the highlights are just a succession of Hibs attacks with sporadic attempts by Raith.
So frustrating.

This is the difference between our side and that of Hearts (last season) and The Rangers this. Both those clubs destroyed the opposition with pace and cutting edge. We lack both and thus we end up, as you say, frustrated and where we are - struggling still after two seasons to put teams away regularly.

My_Wife_Camille
05-05-2016, 11:05 AM

Exactly. People still falling for it. I heard the BBC Interview last night and Stubbs himself said you can't blame the pitch. When MacLeod asked him if it will help playing on a better pitch on Saturday Stubb said that it wouldn't be any worse.

Unless he's said something else in another interview then I can't see what he's said wrong and it's people desperate to twist his words again.

SJM
05-05-2016, 11:09 AM
Exactly. People still falling for it. I heard the BBC Interview last night and Stubbs himself said you can't blame the pitch. When MacLeod asked him if it will help playing on a better pitch on Saturday Stubb said that it wouldn't be any worse.

Unless he's said something else in another interview then I can't see what he's said wrong and it's people desperate to twist his words again.

He seemed to be blaming the officials in which apart from the handball penalty claim I didn't see many major things they got wrong. :confused:

CallumLaidlaw
05-05-2016, 11:16 AM
He seemed to be blaming the officials in which apart from the handball penalty claim I didn't see many major things they got wrong. :confused:

He was asked about the officials. He replied that it wasn't great. The interviewer said "which incident" and stubbs said its interesting that you acknowldge there was more than 1.

The handball
The push on Stokes in the box (this was seconds before Raith scored)
Bartley gets kicked and gets booked in the process
Clear professional foul down the right side - deliberate trip from behind - no booking
Ball clearly (and I mean the clearest it could possibly be) comes off Raith player for a throw. Linesman standing over it gives it to raith. Mcgeouch gets booked for protesting.
Few other smaller niggly incidents. Spoke to their number 55 (I think) 3 times without booking him.

SJM
05-05-2016, 11:27 AM
He was asked about the officials. He replied that it wasn't great. The interviewer said "which incident" and stubbs said its interesting that you acknowldge there was more than 1.

The handball
The push on Stokes in the box (this was seconds before Raith scored)
Bartley gets kicked and gets booked in the process
Clear professional foul down the right side - deliberate trip from behind - no booking
Ball clearly (and I mean the clearest it could possibly be) comes off Raith player for a throw. Linesman standing over it gives it to raith. Mcgeouch gets booked for protesting.
Few other smaller niggly incidents. Spoke to their number 55 (I think) 3 times without booking him.

Most of them are hardly game changing moments though except one you missed, the corner for the goal I thought was a goal kick but I was diagonally at the other end.

“There would be too many bleeps on your tape, or stars in your quotes if I said what I really thought,” he said. “The first one, the handball, wasn’t even a decision – it beggars belief, I’m afraid to say. Given the importance of the game, officials really shouldn’t be getting them wrong.

Read more: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/play-off-tie-still-wide-open-insists-hibs-boss-stubbs-1-4119267#ixzz47mQtlu74

CallumLaidlaw
05-05-2016, 01:18 PM
Most of them are hardly game changing moments though except one you missed, the corner for the goal I thought was a goal kick but I was diagonally at the other end.

“There would be too many bleeps on your tape, or stars in your quotes if I said what I really thought,” he said. “The first one, the handball, wasn’t even a decision – it beggars belief, I’m afraid to say. Given the importance of the game, officials really shouldn’t be getting them wrong.

Read more: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/play-off-tie-still-wide-open-insists-hibs-boss-stubbs-1-4119267#ixzz47mQtlu74

The first 2 are penalties. The bartley one means he's walking on eggshells for the rest of the game.
The clear professional foul means the guy can still make ANOTHER deliberate foul ans stay on the park.
The throw in gave them possession back rather than us keeping pressure on.

And yes I've seen the highlights and it shouldve been a goal kick rather than a corner.

A clear list of one sided decisions, which all have some kind of impact on the match.

BoomtownHibees
05-05-2016, 01:23 PM
What about the decision to stop play up the far end when the ball was bouncing about in the box as 2 players were down to then give a non contested drop ball back to the goalie???

SJM
05-05-2016, 01:27 PM
The first 2 are penalties. The bartley one means he's walking on eggshells for the rest of the game.
The clear professional foul means the guy can still make ANOTHER deliberate foul ans stay on the park.
The throw in gave them possession back rather than us keeping pressure on.

And yes I've seen the highlights and it shouldve been a goal kick rather than a corner.

A clear list of one sided decisions, which all have some kind of impact on the match.

Only 1 could have been given as a penalty. The clear foul I agree with and Bartley's was harsh. It's not worth moaning about the ref and decisions costing us the match though.

BoomtownHibees
05-05-2016, 01:29 PM
Only 1 could have been given as a penalty. The clear foul I agree with and Bartley's was harsh. It's not worth moaning about the ref and decisions costing us the match though.

How could only 1 be a pen?

SJM
05-05-2016, 01:34 PM
How could only 1 be a pen?

Because only the handball imo could have been given as a penalty. The other is never a pen.

BoomtownHibees
05-05-2016, 01:39 PM
Because only the handball imo could have been given as a penalty. The other is never a pen.

A 2 handed push inside the box is a penalty for me

IWasThere2016
05-05-2016, 02:03 PM
I have barely listened to a word Stubbs has said - I tired of listening to cliché-ridden nonsense from Hibs (and other) managers some time ago.

A Hibby pal of mine relays some bits and it is staggering how thick/ill-thought out some of the guff managers and players talk.

Best avoided IMHO.

MWHIBBIES
05-05-2016, 02:49 PM
I find it utterly ridiculous that people expect the club to abandon their media commitments because we didnt win...

Brightside
05-05-2016, 02:51 PM
This site used to be full of people complaining about the lack if info from Easter Rd. Now its too much!

Lago
05-05-2016, 03:42 PM
This site used to be full of people complaining about the lack if info from Easter Rd. Now its too much!
Too much of what makes the grass grow green in Texas:greengrin