PDA

View Full Version : I think I might be daft - But I still fancy us!

spike220
05-05-2016, 09:24 AM
I think I might be daft, but I still fancy us to turn this around and then beat Falkirk.

I am normally one to give even the biggest bed-wetters a run for their money, but I think we will do this, with a bit to spare.

I have no rationale for this, other than I think we will do this!

:thumbsup:

Since90+2
05-05-2016, 09:27 AM
I think we will beat Raith on Saturday and progress.

Falkirk? Put it this way I hope I am wrong.

hibs0666
05-05-2016, 09:30 AM
I think I might be daft, but I still fancy us to turn this around and then beat Falkirk.

I am normally one to give even the biggest bed-wetters a run for their money, but I think we will do this, with a bit to spare.

Raith Rovers offered very little last night and our players - our manager - gifted them a thoroughly undeserved win.

Saturday will be different, and we will prevail.

Kaiserclem
05-05-2016, 09:32 AM
It all depends on if Stubbs can stop being so Stubbsorn (see what I done there lol) and get past his over loyalty and finally come up with a game plan to break a side down. I think Raith will try and surprise us early on by playing 2 up top again and not the 1 we all expect. They will try and score early then sit in and battle for their lives. We need a formation that is correct with the correct players, McGinn is shattered and we are crying out for width, decent deliveries and some decent help for Stokes. To be honest, I think we are in big trouble as were too easy to play against and read as a team. Hope I am wrong, and I will support us right until the end, but we have been not good enough for some time now.

CallumLaidlaw
05-05-2016, 09:36 AM
Raith Rovers offered very little last night and out players gifted them a thoroughly undeserved win.

Saturday will be different, and we will prevail.

At half time I said although we hadn't played very well, we'd created a few good chances and Raith had offered absolutely nothing. I agree we can still go through, but the big concern is, Raith scored with their first shot on target. This happens a lot to us. Can we go out and attack and be sure they won't score? I dunno.

We need to put Raith under pressure tho. They will get nervous, its only natural.

California-Hibs
05-05-2016, 09:40 AM
I keep saying it, Saturday will be completely different. It shouldn't be, but it will. All season we have played MUCH better at home than we have away. We've beat Raith both times at Easter Road this season without conceding a goal and creating plenty of chances also.

I'm not concerned in the slightest. A 1-0 lead is absolutely nothing.

We'll progress. I'm sure if it. We'll need to be a lot better against Falkirk home and away though!!

hibs0666
05-05-2016, 09:42 AM
It all depends on if Stubbs can stop being so Stubbsorn (see what I done there lol) and get past his over loyalty and finally come up with a game plan to break a side down. I think Raith will try and surprise us early on by playing 2 up top again and not the 1 we all expect. They will try and score early then sit in and battle for their lives. We need a formation that is correct with the correct players, McGinn is shattered and we are crying out for width, decent deliveries and some decent help for Stokes. To be honest, I think we are in big trouble as were too easy to play against and read as a team. Hope I am wrong, and I will support us right until the end, but we have been not good enough for some time now.

Game plan was fine last night - the problem lies with players not delivering at crucial times. We created - and as usual missed - plenty of chances and completely negated Raith Rovers before doing our usual set piece kamikaze.

Stubbs will get it in the neck but for me the problem lies with players not doing their bit when it is needed.

northstandhibby
05-05-2016, 09:42 AM
The fans will make a huge difference on Saturday. A rousing energised big support will set the tone for the players to get the job done.

jacomo
05-05-2016, 09:50 AM

Good stuff.

I much prefer this to all the 'sack Stubbs' guff on here. It's as if people are willing us to fail.

SlickShoes
05-05-2016, 10:17 AM
I still expect us to win, whether we do or not is a different thing though.

I expect us to be able to beat Falkirk too.

I'll be at the games willing it to happen, doesn't mean it will though.

SJM
05-05-2016, 10:27 AM
Saturday will be a struggle if we fail to score early. We struggled against QOS with nothing to play for until their guy got harshly sent off so think how hard it will be against a team scrapping for everything clinging onto a lead. A goal early they will have to play a little, the longer the game goes and we do our usual and tire the harder it's going to be.

Gatecrasher
05-05-2016, 10:40 AM
Good stuff.

I much prefer this to all the 'sack Stubbs' guff on here. It's as if people are willing us to fail.

I would love nothing more than us to be discussing a 3-0 win last night and that our promotion to the prem is on the cards but the reality is very different.

We had our lowest league position since the 1930's
Stubbs is being out thought by managers from smaller clubs with less resources
Last nights script had been written many times in the last 2 years
The players look like they are unsure of their instructions
We don't score many goals
The club is on the brink of another year in the championship
Lessons from previous failings don't seem to have been learned
We have had 2 of our rivals stroll the league yet we continue to struggle
Our club in general has become a running joke for the rest of Scottish football

I'm willing all of this as it's great fun. In fact it's the opposite, I'm angry, frustrated, annoyed and generally pissed off at our current situation. I think it's unacceptable for our club to be in this mess and when the season is over (and it will probably go the way I think it will go) I want Stubbs and his inexcusable tactics and performances out of the club.

Hi Heid Yin
05-05-2016, 10:42 AM
We will beat Raith Rovers and go through to the semi-finals.
I really see no other scenario.
But please, Alan Stubbs, don't partner Stokes with Cummings. It really does not work most of the time. It's a game of percentages and they might click only 25% of the time, maximum.
Stop being so damn loyal to certain players and allow pragmatism to dictate the line up.

05-05-2016, 10:44 AM
The tie is still very much open, not that you'd think it listening to some hibs fans on this. Obviously its not ideal but its only ONE goal and Raith were far from convincing last night. Fair play they got their break and kept us out but we really should have taken our chances to win it.

They will try and sit in as much as possible so it will be difficult to break down but we are in front of a home crowd and if we get an early goal then its game on and they can no longer afford to "park the bus"

hibs0666
05-05-2016, 10:56 AM
I would love nothing more than us to be discussing a 3-0 win last night and that our promotion to the prem is on the cards but the reality is very different.

I'm willing all of this as it's great fun. In fact it's the opposite, I'm angry, frustrated, annoyed and generally pissed off at our current situation. I think it's unacceptable for our club to be in this mess and when the season is over (and it will probably go the way I think it will go) I want Stubbs and his inexcusable tactics and performances out of the club.

Fine, but now is not the time for this discussion.

CallumLaidlaw
05-05-2016, 11:02 AM
Fine, but now is not the time for this discussion.

:agree: Agreed. It could well be the discussion on Saturday afternoon, or even next Friday, but at the minute we are still in it (by the skin of our teeth) and really need to just wait and see what happens in the coming days/weeks. The targets are still possible. Once they are gone its a different story.

Michael
05-05-2016, 11:02 AM
Honestly, at this stage I don't expect is to get passed Raith.

hibs0666
05-05-2016, 11:06 AM

Honestly, do you want the players and management to think the same way as you?

We are in this together - think positive. :thumbsup:

Edson Arantes
05-05-2016, 11:25 AM
I keep saying it, Saturday will be completely different. It shouldn't be, but it will. All season we have played MUCH better at home than we have away. We've beat Raith both times at Easter Road this season without conceding a goal and creating plenty of chances also.

We'll progress. I'm sure if it. We'll need to be a lot better against Falkirk home and away though!!

Agreed.

We'll win on Saturday but will struggle to beat the Bairns.

I think it was always going to be this though, regardless of last nights result.

Onion
05-05-2016, 11:35 AM
It's thinking like that, that's kept this club going over the years.

If Hibs was a normal business, it would have been closed down years ago.

Carheenlea
05-05-2016, 11:41 AM
It's not a case of thinking we'll win, but more a case of we have to win. To exit the playoff's on Saturday simply doesn't bear thinking about.
Get through and the spring will be back in the step and we look forward to Falkirk - lose, and we could arguably call it one of the worst results in our history given the consequences. Saturday is huge, make no mistake about it.

Newcastlehibby
05-05-2016, 11:58 AM

Season 62/63 we were 15th.

Gatecrasher
05-05-2016, 12:03 PM
Season 62/63 we were 15th.

Was that in the top flight though? I was just quoting something I read the other day, still hardly something to be proud of.

worcesterhibby
05-05-2016, 12:17 PM

Can I just say how much I appreciate your positivity on here. When we have a bad result I scroll through the threads looking for your post, so I can be cheered up ! :greengrin:thumbsup:

WeeRussell
05-05-2016, 12:21 PM
Very cliche BUT..

First goal on Saturday is HUGE. Get it and I think we'll be okay.

We can worry about convincing people we're a better team than Falkirk afterwards :greengrin

hibs0666
05-05-2016, 01:45 PM
Very cliche BUT..

We can worry about convincing people we're a better team than Falkirk afterwards :greengrin

Dead right mate. :flag:

SlickShoes
05-05-2016, 01:48 PM
Very cliche BUT..

It's huge in every game, the stats for games where we score first compared to ones where we don't make very depressing reading.

adhibs
05-05-2016, 01:51 PM
Thank god for it being a 2 legged match. Im not exactly confident but we can surely overcome a one goal deficit to them at home. Can worry about falkirk after that happens

Vini1875
05-05-2016, 02:00 PM
I think we will do it, but the game on saturday is one where the fans need to rouse the team and will them on to victory. It is one of those occassions when we are all in this together. Now is not a time for grumbling and groaning it is time to use our anger and desperation to dig out a result. I feel the fans can give the team that extra 10 percent to get them over the line.

05-05-2016, 02:36 PM
I think we will do it, but the game on saturday is one where the fans need to rouse the team and will them on to victory. It is one of those occassions when we are all in this together. Now is not a time for grumbling and groaning it is time to use our anger and desperation to dig out a result. I feel the fans can give the team that extra 10 percent to get them over the line.

Totally agree. We are all frustrated at last nights result but nows not the time to be getting on the teams back.

JimBHibees
05-05-2016, 03:02 PM
It's not a case of thinking we'll win, but more a case of we have to win. To exit the playoff's on Saturday simply doesn't bear thinking about.
Get through and the spring will be back in the step and we look forward to Falkirk - lose, and we could arguably call it one of the worst results in our history given the consequences. Saturday is huge, make no mistake about it.

Spot on being knocked out on Saturday would be horrific especially as they arent really very good however they have something to hold onto now which makes them very dangerous. Expect time wasting and fouling all game.

SquashedFrogg
05-05-2016, 03:12 PM
We will beat Raith Rovers and go through to the semi-finals.
I really see no other scenario.
But please, Alan Stubbs, don't partner Stokes with Cummings. It really does not work most of the time. It's a game of percentages and they might click only 25% of the time, maximum.
Stop being so damn loyal to certain players and allow pragmatism to dictate the line up.

I'm convinced Stubbs hands are tied on this. Here's how I see it:

Part of the Stokes deal included that he must play when fit. i.e He's not coming on loan to sit on bench.
Hibs desperately want JC to sign a new deal (he then becomes a sizeable asset). Hibs need to keep him on-side and happy by playing him every match.

I'm not saying I'm right, and I'm not saying that scenario is acceptable, but I'm sure Stubbs can see they don't work well together. (Hopefully this will be proved wrong on Saturday).

hibs0666
05-05-2016, 03:22 PM
I'm convinced Stubbs hands are tied on this. Here's how I see it:

Part of the Stokes deal included that he must play when fit. i.e He's not coming on loan to sit on bench.
Hibs desperately want JC to sign a new deal (he then becomes a sizeable asset). Hibs need to keep him on-side and happy by playing him every match.

I'm not saying I'm right, and I'm not saying that scenario is acceptable, but I'm sure Stubbs can see they don't work well together. (Hopefully this will be proved wrong on Saturday).

Nah, Stokes is playing because he is far and away the most talented player we have at our disposal. Cummings gets a game because he is far and away the best finisher we have.

Pete
05-05-2016, 03:33 PM

The second leg will be in Mosul so they've every chance.

Ach as frustrating as last night was its still 50/50.

California-Hibs
05-05-2016, 03:34 PM
Can I just say how much I appreciate your positivity on here. When we have a bad result I scroll through the threads looking for your post, so I can be cheered up ! :greengrin:thumbsup:

Haha, cheers mate. I guess it's all the American positivity that's rubbed off on me over the years!

SquashedFrogg
05-05-2016, 05:55 PM
Nah, Stokes is playing because he is far and away the most talented player we have at our disposal. Cummings gets a game because he is far and away the best finisher we have.

I'm not disagreeing. I just think he has consistently persevered with the partnership when the goals ratio is dismal.

Stokes maybe the most talented player and Cummings may be the best finisher but would any other pairing get such loyalty when it's clear they do not score goals as a pair?

I was just suggesting my theory as to why that maybe the case. I'm still certain Stokes will have been given certain guarantees to join and JC is someone the club are not really wanting to piss off in the midst of contract talks.

Just my opinion likesy :agree:

Franck Stanton
05-05-2016, 06:14 PM

Not daft at all Spike, just a supporter with some faith in the team. Well said, too many "doom & gloomers" wail and wrist-slash at every opportunity. Have faith fellow Hibbies, WE WILL WIN THROUGH.

hibs0666
05-05-2016, 06:15 PM
I'm not disagreeing. I just think he has consistently persevered with the partnership when the goals ratio is dismal.

Stokes maybe the most talented player and Cummings may be the best finisher but would any other pairing get such loyalty when it's clear they do not score goals as a pair?

I was just suggesting my theory as to why that maybe the case. I'm still certain Stokes will have been given certain guarantees to join and JC is someone the club are not really wanting to piss off in the midst of contract talks.

Just my opinion likesy :agree:

If Stubbs was playing another pairing that wasn't scoring goals then the reactionaries amongst would be screaming blue murder for Stokes and Cummings to be played together. :wink:

SquashedFrogg
05-05-2016, 07:45 PM
If Stubbs was playing another pairing that wasn't scoring goals then the reactionaries amongst would be screaming blue murder for Stokes and Cummings to be played together. :wink:

Correct. But Stubbs isn't.

hibs0666
05-05-2016, 07:59 PM
Correct. But Stubbs isn't.

Yup time we played Keatings with Dagnall.

Nicho87
05-05-2016, 08:11 PM
We have to win the game. If that means 1-0 to get to extra time or 2-0 and win, we have to win. If we cannot deliver this we simply do not deserve to complain about the result.

hibsbollah
05-05-2016, 08:19 PM
We'll win. I'm confident. There's a few twists left in this crazy season I reckon.

Super_JMcGinn
05-05-2016, 08:33 PM
The fans will make a huge difference on Saturday. A rousing energised big support will set the tone for the players to get the job done.

If we don't score by the 70th min the fans will start to get restless, the not so loyal fans that is. The hardcore will scream, shout and drive them on till the final whistle if need be.
That said I think we'll come good and win comfortably.

Odd username you have there sir,for a Hibby that is.:wink:

HibsNutter
05-05-2016, 08:38 PM
You're not daft mate, what's daft is people thinking we can't do it.

They're not a good side, no matter how poor we were we should have won last night and I expect that we will on Saturday.

northstandhibby
05-05-2016, 08:41 PM
If we don't score by the 70th min the fans will start to get restless, the not so loyal fans that is. The hardcore will scream, shout and drive them on till the final whistle if need be.
That said I think we'll come good and win comfortably.

Odd username you have there sir,for a Hibby that is.:wink:

How is it odd? I live in Logie Green Road about 2 miles from the stadium. Doh!

Super_JMcGinn
05-05-2016, 08:44 PM
How is it odd? I live in Logie Green Road about 2 miles from the stadium. Doh!

And the scene of a certain game which I won't mention. :confused:

northstandhibby
05-05-2016, 08:46 PM

I take it you're fed up bad mouthing Paul Hanlon?

northstandhibby
05-05-2016, 08:55 PM

Peter Marinello was a neighbour of mine, he lived in Logie Green Loan. It's where Powderhall used to be. Just for your information.

SquashedFrogg
05-05-2016, 09:31 PM
Yup time we played Keatings with Dagnall.

Ironically it would've been interesting to see the stats over the same number of combined game time.

I'm not biting. You're clearly missing my original point.

Edinburgher
06-05-2016, 03:32 AM
3-0 Hibs - we have a great home record and if we get an early goal, I think RR will crumble.

Hermit Crab
06-05-2016, 05:38 AM
Raith will defend for 90 minutes and they will make mistakes, it's just whether we can take advantage of them. We should have enough quality to take care of them at home.

Pete
06-05-2016, 05:53 AM
Raith will defend for 90 minutes and they will make mistakes, it's just whether we can take advantage of them. We should have enough quality to take care of them at home.

:agree:

Raith ****ing Rovers prevailing over two legs against Hibernian? Wake up everyone.

No. We're going through.

Hermit Crab
06-05-2016, 05:56 AM
:agree:

Raith ****ing Rovers prevailing over two legs against Hibernian? Wake up everyone.

No. We're going through.

Make no mistake, Stubbs position is definitely under scrutiny here. Fail to go through against a fourth placed team with some part - time players (thier keeper is definitely part - time) then the support will dwindle even further. Yes they'll come out for the final but they will bugger off again for years after it as nobody wants to watch championship football at Easter rd.

Pete
06-05-2016, 06:11 AM
Make no mistake, Stubbs position is definitely under scrutiny here. Fail to go through against a fourth placed team with some part - time players (thier keeper is definitely part - time) then the support will dwindle even further. Yes they'll come out for the final but they will bugger off again for years after it as nobody wants to watch championship football at Easter rd.

Again I agree but I'll still be there and I'm sure you will be too. Let's do a double take...These are piddly teams in our way and we WILL prevail.

I never knew Cuthbert was part time. One to snap up in some capacity if that is the case. He's better than that.

Hermit Crab
06-05-2016, 07:15 AM
Again I agree but I'll still be there and I'm sure you will be too. Let's do a double take...These are piddly teams in our way and we WILL prevail.

I never knew Cuthbert was part time. One to snap up in some capacity if that is the case. He's better than that.

Yes, I'll be at the game and we should do enough to get through this round and take on Falkirk this Tuesday.

pacoluna
06-05-2016, 08:48 AM
Actually looking forward to this game, Fancy us to go through.. An early goal is important though. I'm sure McKinnon will be saying to his players keep it tight first 20 minutes and get the Hibs fans restless.

SJM
06-05-2016, 09:10 AM

He doesn't want to go full time.

And we should win on Saturday, no excuses at all.

TAHibby
06-05-2016, 09:58 AM
The last straw I clutch is that our home form ain't that bad. Should raith score though I'm not confident of us scoring 2+

Lago
06-05-2016, 12:27 PM
Actually looking forward to this game, Fancy us to go through.. An early goal is important though. I'm sure McKinnon will be saying to his players keep it tight first 20 minutes and get this Hibs fans restless.
Saying exactly that in one of todays papers.

number9dream
06-05-2016, 12:45 PM
We have an excellent home record but I'll be pleasantly surprised if we romp to a comfortable victory.
Cummings needs to play as an out and out poacher - tasered if he drops deep or drifts wide!
I'd crowbar Keatings and Stokes in too, with the latter given license to roam from deeper, which is pretty much what he's doing most weeks anyway.
Looking at some of Leicester's amazing stats - a goal for every 2.6 shots on target. I wonder what our ratio is this season???

Moulin Yarns
06-05-2016, 12:52 PM
Haha, cheers mate. I guess it's all the American positivity that's rubbed off on me over the years!

I think your American positivity is about to be trumped. :wink:

scoopyboy
06-05-2016, 12:53 PM
I think most of the despair came on Thursday, today the mood is a bit more upbeat and tomorrow Hibs fans will be a lot more confident.

Moulin Yarns
06-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Peter Marinello was a neighbour of mine, he lived in Logie Green Loan. It's where Powderhall used to be. Just for your information.

I was at school with someone that lived there, we went to Broughton Senior Secondary back in the 70's. His name is Brian.

JimBHibees
06-05-2016, 12:56 PM
I think most of the despair came on Thursday, today the mood is a bit more upbeat and tomorrow Hibs fans will be a lot more confident.

Agree come game time all will be well up for it.

Hibs 3-0