PDA

View Full Version : Our club and the media

HIBEETILLIDIE
05-05-2016, 06:44 AM
When will managers and players at our club learn to keep their mouths shut until they actually achieve something?

chrisski33
05-05-2016, 06:50 AM
Aftwr weve won the scottish cup

mcfly
05-05-2016, 06:54 AM
When will managers and players at our club learn to keep their mouths shut until they actually achieve something?

Oh here is mr negative on another thread.....where will he spring up next??

Libby Hibby
05-05-2016, 07:20 AM

He has a point to be fair

Danderhall Hibs
05-05-2016, 07:29 AM
What have they said?

HIBEETILLIDIE
05-05-2016, 08:31 AM
I will there on Saturday, I won't be booing, never have even through some of the dreadful durge that has been serviced up on too many occasions over the last x number of years by various managers and players!
Given the resources available to us I think it should not be beyond us to finish at worse second in this league, not trailing after the first leg of the third v fourth play off!
I am hurting as much as any Hibs fan and it just pains me to pick up papers or listen to either players or management making comments that our opposition can pin up on their dressing room door!
They time to do your talking is after you have achieved something, we have achieved nothing yet!

Geo_1875
05-05-2016, 08:50 AM

Probably when the media stop asking questions during interviews.

Deansy
05-05-2016, 08:52 AM
I will there on Saturday, I won't be booing, never have even through some of the dreadful durge that has been serviced up on too many occasions over the last x number of years by various managers and players!
Given the resources available to us I think it should not be beyond us to finish at worse second in this league, not trailing after the first leg of the third v fourth play off!
I am hurting as much as any Hibs fan and it just pains me to pick up papers or listen to either players or management making comments that our opposition can pin up on their dressing room door!
They time to do your talking is after you have achieved something, we have achieved nothing yet!

Am in total agreement with you on this, mate - if our players/managers had achieved HALF of what they've said in interviews, we'd be sitting pretty, challenging at the top of the SPL and a hell of a lot more trophies in the cupboard !!

oneone73
05-05-2016, 08:56 AM

They can't. We have media obligations. Media interview every Thursday, player for Saturday papers, player for Sunday papers, player plus manager post-match. Extra media session for midweek games. Anyone who thinks silence is an option is just being naive.

HIBEETILLIDIE
05-05-2016, 09:38 AM
They can't. We have media obligations. Media interview every Thursday, player for Saturday papers, player for Sunday papers, player plus manager post-match. Extra media session for midweek games. Anyone who thinks silence is an option is just being naive.

I am not advocating media silence, all I am saying is that maybe we should not be as forthright in any interviews.
It might be boring, but I would much rather a bland, we will just concentrate on what we can do in games as opposed to comments like teams running scared of us as we are favourites.
I only picked that comment as it is most recent, but there have been plenty more

Geo_1875
05-05-2016, 12:10 PM
I am not advocating media silence, all I am saying is that maybe we should not be as forthright in any interviews.
It might be boring, but I would much rather a bland, we will just concentrate on what we can do in games as opposed to comments like teams running scared of us as we are favourites.
I only picked that comment as it is most recent, but there have been plenty more

We could always send Lewis along to every interview and ask him to bore them too sleep.

The media ask leading questions and frame the responses out of context to get the headlines they want. Always have and always will.