PDA

View Full Version : If we don't get past Raith...

TheFamous1875
04-05-2016, 10:25 PM
...then what?

Thecat23
04-05-2016, 10:26 PM
We prepare for the final??

ivan03
04-05-2016, 10:26 PM
Then we have at least 1 more year in the championship. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure that's how it works?

TheReg!
04-05-2016, 10:27 PM
Stubs takes us to the final for his last game IMHO.

adhibs
04-05-2016, 10:29 PM

Aye thats how i see it. Win or lose the final, hes got to go if we dont go up.

Giro Playboy
04-05-2016, 10:33 PM
Dempster has already said that Stubbs is there for the long haul so unless he walks away we are going to be stuck with him in the championship for yet another season.

Lets hope to **** we do get past Raith

Sir David Gray
04-05-2016, 10:38 PM

I don't think he'll go, regardless of how the final goes, but if we win the cup there's absolutely no danger he'll leave.

He would become almost unsackable.

hibeemikey21
04-05-2016, 10:39 PM

Nahhhh, I'd without doubt give him another year if he won us the cup

GreenLake
04-05-2016, 10:39 PM
We prepare for the final??
:faf:

Nicho87
04-05-2016, 10:40 PM
The squad will be off to spain.

Michael
04-05-2016, 10:41 PM
Dempster has already said that Stubbs is there for the long haul so unless he walks away we are going to be stuck with him in the championship for yet another season.

Lets hope to **** we do get past Raith

Well, she wouldn't have said otherwise publicly. After all, how many times have we seen managers sacked in football after a "vote of confidence"?

Nakedmanoncrack
04-05-2016, 10:41 PM

:agree:

hibsmad
04-05-2016, 10:42 PM
If we don't get past Raith then Stubbs will have failed on a massive scale. He has not set us up properly to beat stuffy sides who stick everyone behind the ball. He saw how Hearts did it last season and he should have learned. You need to play these teams at their own game and play with power and intensity.

However... If he gets through the play offs and wins the cup, he will be an absolute legend. He will have done something that no other manager in 114 years has done. He will give me and my son a day at Hampden that neither of us will ever forget.

I guess what I am trying to say is, lets just wait before we judge. It's not like we have long to go.

Nicho87
04-05-2016, 10:43 PM
At this monent in time i would have more faith in rod petrie delivering the team talk on saturday

Giro Playboy
04-05-2016, 10:46 PM
Well, she wouldn't have said otherwise publicly. After all, how many times have we seen managers sacked in football after a "vote of confidence"? I dont think she is the type to say one thing and do another but then again what do we know. We are only fans after all. Walking ATMs as far as the club is concerned

cabbageandribs1875
04-05-2016, 10:46 PM
At this monent in time i would have more faith in rod petrie delivering the team talk on saturday

Leeann's the man (figuratively speaking) she's been on the bench a few times and imo should take the next step up...on one condition, she utilises the subs, we have three each game..use them earlier for the love of god

SteveHFC
04-05-2016, 11:38 PM
Stubbs in charge of the final and regardless he leaves. :aok:

Onion
05-05-2016, 12:03 AM
If we lose v Raith, we'll be fodder for the Huns in the Final. Stubbs and a lot of these players will have started making plans for life away from Easter Road, although it looks like some have already started. The Final would have the same feel as 2012, where a lot of the players didn't really give a ****.

Tonight was worse than getting horsed by Alloa and Dumbarton. We could have played til Sat and not scored. And Raith just had to throw a few folk forward and you knew the ball would be in the net. It's ****ing desperate being a Hibs fan most of the time. Stubbs, Dempster and most of the players haven't a ****ing clue.

MWHIBBIES
05-05-2016, 12:07 AM
If we lose v Raith, we'll be fodder for the Huns in the Final. Stubbs and a lot of these players will have started making plans for life away from Easter Road, although it looks like some have already started. The Final would have the same feel as 2012, where a lot of the players didn't really give a ****.

Tonight was worse than getting horsed by Alloa and Dumbarton. We could have played til Sat and not scored. And Raith just had to throw a few folk forward and you knew the ball would be in the net. It's ****ing desperate being a Hibs fan most of the time. Stubbs, Dempster and most of the players haven't a ****ing clue.That is very unfair, especially on Dempster.

Super_JMcGinn
05-05-2016, 12:08 AM
...then what?
It's unthinkable to not even get past Falkirk never mind Raith, fwiw I think we'll do both, I just hope we've enough in the tank for both finals.

Onion
05-05-2016, 12:36 AM
That is very unfair, especially on Dempster.

I meant, what it's like to be a Hibs fan !

MWHIBBIES
05-05-2016, 12:49 AM
I meant, what it's like to be a Hibs fan !I think all of them will be hurting, they aren't soulless robots, our season has been a painful and emotional one so far. It is unfair though to expect them to hurt as much as us, at the end of the day very few of them love Hibs and bleed Hibs like we do. I'm glad of that in a way as well, emotions should be left at the door when it comes to making decisions for a football club.

Forza Fred
05-05-2016, 02:32 AM
We've chopped and changed managers and that has been shown to be a less than perfect strategy.

Sometimes I think our disappointments this season have made us forget just how much of a mess we were in pre Stubb's time in charge.

No doubt he has made mistakes, and arguably continues to make them, but appointing in a rookie manager IS an investment that may take time to produce results.

Even if we don't go up, and I personally don't think we will, I'd still have him in charge next season, but a defeat to Dumbarton early on and I'd be putting him on notice...

Viva_Palmeiras
05-05-2016, 04:01 AM
...then what?

Was the pin in or out when you lobbed the grenade ? ;)

Ronniekirk
05-05-2016, 07:46 AM
Then we have at least 1 more year in the championship. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure that's how it works?

Its the at least one more year in the championship statement that is frightening .The potential prospect of a third season doesn't appeal to many ,a fourth is just unthinkable
Thats why if we don't go up this season a rethink of our style of play is needed as we simply have to het back up this or next season

The Leith Dutch
05-05-2016, 07:49 AM
Sometimes I think our disappointments this season have made us forget just how much of a mess we were in pre Stubb's time in charge.

You're spot on about what a mess we were in before he arrived and he deserves thanks for that.
That said, it reached the end of it's shelf life as a justification last season.

It's now his team and his style and he gets judged purely on results.

The only team we should have any difficulties with in this league are the rangers.
We should be beating the rest the vast majority of the time and absolutely stuffing most of them.
Instead we dropped points almost every other game on average and losing 8 games (twice as many as Falkirk) is unacceptable in a division of this quality.

Not saying we punt him but he absolutely has to improve in quite a few areas.

SJM
05-05-2016, 07:50 AM
I would keep him if we win the Scottish. I wouldn't care about another season down here in all honestly. We baws up on Sat, prepare for the final, lose the final though and he will walk I imagine. Cummings McGinn and Henderson will all be gone too.

Moulin Yarns
05-05-2016, 07:51 AM
It's unthinkable to not even get past Falkirk never mind Raith, fwiw I think we'll do both, I just hope we've enough in the tank for both finals.

Straight from a Falkirk fan

Hahaha they Hibsed it again lol.
Raith 1-0 Hibs

That should be all the motivation needed to win on Saturday, and the hump the bunch the following week.

mmmmhibby
05-05-2016, 07:51 AM
We've chopped and changed managers and that has been shown to be a less than perfect strategy.

No doubt he has made mistakes, and arguably continues to make them, but appointing in a rookie manager IS an investment that may take time to produce results.

Even if we don't go up, and I personally don't think we will, I'd still have him in charge next season, but a defeat to Dumbarton early on and I'd be putting him on notice...

He will need to sign players who are fast and most importantly confident on the ball....we have players(senior players) who after years n years of playing do not look confident on the ball....that's a problem he must address if he were to stay on next season.

Tommy75
05-05-2016, 03:20 PM
Do people really expect the club to sack Stubbs should he win the SC but fail to get promotion? I for one would be pretty gutted if that happened. Any manager who wins us the Scottish cup surely deserves the respect to have another season in charge? Moreover, what message does it send out to prospective new managers... come to us and win a trophy but we will still sack you?

Nutmegged
05-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Nahhhh, I'd without doubt give him another year if he won us the cup

If he won us the Cup he could stay for 10 years

Mango Man
05-05-2016, 03:47 PM
Its the at least one more year in the championship statement that is frightening .The potential prospect of a third season doesn't appeal to many ,a fourth is just unthinkable
Thats why if we don't go up this season a rethink of our style of play is needed as we simply have to het back up this or next season

Next year could be a nightmare to get out the Championship, Dundee Utd, Raith? Falkirk? Hibs? Dunfermline, Killie/Hamilton, St Mirren, we could not have went down at a worse time, we carry no luck as a football club at all.

I think everyone deep down knows what's probably going to happen come the end of this season, it's fun getting there though :(

1987kev
05-05-2016, 03:49 PM
I said it ages ago the cup run as papered over the cracks

Pete
05-05-2016, 03:51 PM
Next year could be a nightmare to get out the Championship, Dundee Utd, Raith? Falkirk? Hibs? Dunfermline, Killie/Hamilton, St Mirren, we could not have went down at a worse time, we carry no luck as a football club at all.

I think everyone deep down knows what's probably going to happen come the end of this season, it's fun getting there though :(

Are we supposed to be scared of these teams?

I can't see Falkirk repeating this season's overachievements and who's to say that United won't go the same way as this St Mirren team that was meant to be right up there this season?

As for Raith...well, we might have their manager. :-)

Mango Man
05-05-2016, 03:59 PM
Are we supposed to be scared of these teams?

I can't see Falkirk repeating this season's overachievements and who's to say that United won't go the same way as this St Mirren team that was meant to be right up there this season?

As for Raith...well, we might have their manager. :-)

Of course we should not be scared of these teams, but most of them will have better resources than your Alloas, Dumbartons, Mortons, etc, which in turn would cause us more difficulties.

I'm actually still up for keeping Stubbs on, but if we get off to a bad start in the Championship next season, like we have the last 2, then he has to go.

snooky
05-05-2016, 04:07 PM
Well, she wouldn't have said otherwise publicly. After all, how many times have we seen managers sacked in football after a "vote of confidence"?

You can bet your bottom dollar that any manager needing a "vote of confidence" is already on a shooglie.

Keith_M
05-05-2016, 04:25 PM
We have a two week break before the cup final.

biotech
05-05-2016, 05:12 PM
Stubbs stays, McGinn and Cummings sold to balance the books. We build a team more appropriate to Championship level football (e.g. big target man upfront).

iwasthere1972
05-05-2016, 05:27 PM
Win the Scottish Cup for the first time since the year after Queen Victoria died then sack the manager.

You're having a laugh. A knighthood and a statue at ER at a minimum.

MWHIBBIES
05-05-2016, 05:29 PM
Win the Scottish Cup for the first time since the year after Queen Victoria died then sack the manager.

You're having a laugh. A knighthood and a statue at ER at a minimum.No one is having a laugh, 3 years in this division isn't funny. If Stubbs cant get us out of it he has to go, regardless of success in the Scottish cup.

SunshineOnLeith
05-05-2016, 05:39 PM
If we don't go up this season, we'll skoosh the league next season. It doesn't particularly bother me, I support Hibs and attend football matches to watch Hibs. Obviously I want us to win every game and competition we enter but in reality that doesn't happen.

Hibernia&Alba
05-05-2016, 05:47 PM
I'm not even thinking about being dumped out of the play offs by Raith. I'm as sure as I can be we'll win the second leg comfortably. If, and only if that doesn't happen should the inquest begin.

SloopJB
05-05-2016, 05:51 PM
I said it ages ago the cup run as papered over the cracks
We have reached our second final. Check.
What are the cracks and how do you know the details?

GreenLake
05-05-2016, 05:58 PM
It seems like we will still be turning biggest corner in the universe.

G B Young
05-05-2016, 05:59 PM

You have to be kidding. Stubbs ends a hoodoo that has hung over the club for 114 years, one that many better managers than him have failed to end, and he gets the sack?! How ridiculous would that make the club look?

FWIW, I agree it's been massively disappointing how the league season ended up, but until the collapse in February we WERE grinding along well in this league. Sure, we weren't dishing out many hammerings but the winning habit was strong. I honestly feel the cup runs have impacted heavily on the league form. We could potentially play around 60 games this season which is a heck of a lot for any side. Yes, there have been some dismal results of late and some questionable managerial decisions but we can't throw in the towel before we even know whether we're still in the play-offs.

MWHIBBIES
05-05-2016, 06:04 PM
I said it ages ago the cup run as papered over the cracksYou say that as if our cup runs have been some kind of fluke.

Franck Stanton
05-05-2016, 06:11 PM
Haven't read the thread, and I make no apologies for that, stupid question asked and doesn't need any other answer other than WE WILL WIN THIS TIE on Saturday. Have Faith.

rcarter1
05-05-2016, 06:16 PM
Haven't read the thread, and I make no apologies for that, stupid question asked and doesn't need any other answer other than WE WILL WIN THIS TIE on Saturday. Have Faith.

If the players go out on Saturday with your attitude then we have a great chance top beat these so and so's.

Totally do able, and we need some aggression and determination to end these monkeys.

:gwa:

ancient hibee
05-05-2016, 06:17 PM
...then what?

We get a nice rest before the Cup Final which will seriously worry Rangers as they are saying how essential it is.

Ozyhibby
05-05-2016, 06:40 PM
We get a nice rest before the Cup Final which will seriously worry Rangers as they are saying how essential it is.

Probably squeeze in another trip to Spain as well. [emoji23]

emerald green
05-05-2016, 06:45 PM
Hibs posted operating losses of £800,000 after dropping into the Championship IIRC.

I'm no expert, but I would have thought another season in the Championship would have serious financial consequences. How that may impact on the clubs ability to retain and attract players good enough to finally get out of this league.

That's what might happen if we don't get past Raith Rovers.

ancient hibee
05-05-2016, 06:51 PM
Hibs posted operating losses of £800,000 after dropping into the Championship IIRC.

I'm no expert, but I would have thought another season in the Championship would have serious financial consequences. How that may impact on the clubs ability to retain and attract players good enough to finally get out of this league.

That's what might happen if we don't get past Raith Rovers.

The cup runs will be worth over a million quid this season which will not be budgetted for.

MWHIBBIES
05-05-2016, 06:51 PM

That's what might happen if we don't get past Raith Rovers.2 cup finals will see us more than fine. If we don't go up this year next season is our last chance of getting up with a team as good as this one. Will be big huddies and journeyman after that

Ozyhibby
05-05-2016, 06:58 PM
2 cup finals will see us more than fine. If we don't go up this year next season is our last chance of getting up with a team as good as this one. Will be big huddies and journeyman after that

We will need a team better than this one if we don't go up.

emerald green
05-05-2016, 07:03 PM
The cup runs will be worth over a million quid this season which will not be budgetted for.

2 cup finals will see us more than fine. If we don't go up this year next season is our last chance of getting up with a team as good as this one. Will be big huddies and journeyman after that

So income from two cup runs will off-set any potential losses from 3 years in the Championship (if Hibs don't go up this season)?

As I said in my previous post, I'm no expert on the financial state of affairs at the club. It's a genuine question I'm asking as I think it's important and worthy of debate. :aok:

southern hibby
05-05-2016, 07:15 PM
My view on AS is he's had 2 seasons to get his act together and yet were no further forward ( league wise) than last year in fact we're a position below last year.

Do we keep him or get rid off him, as much as we would like a say in that it will be up to the board to decide. However I will say this, if he stays next season and we don't go up does this make LD the same as Petrie and not prepared to Cull the manager for the sake of the club??
I know exactly what camp in in and my decision would have been made after Alloa away. If he goes we bring in a new manager now with no time to assess the squad or get players he wants because we're behind the curve yet again with other managers getting a chance of players before our new appointed man does.
One last thing for all those who think AS must stay what has he improved on in the League that makes him such a hot prospect?? Cup games yes but league??? Though I will say the unbeaten run was impressive but not as impressive as our total collapse in the league.

GGTTH

Alfred E Newman
05-05-2016, 07:30 PM

You're having a laugh. A knighthood and a statue at ER at a minimum.

The thing is, if we go up and win the cup he will probably be off anyway. Only the duff managers stay for the long haul or until they are sacked, any that are a success piss off at the first decent offer.

emerald green
05-05-2016, 07:35 PM
The thing is, if we go up and win the cup he will probably be off anyway. Only the duff managers stay for the long haul or until they are sacked, any that are a success piss off at the first decent offer.

If Alan Stubbs achieves that, thousands would be eternally grateful, and he could go wherever he likes with my sincere thanks and good wishes.

SJM
05-05-2016, 07:36 PM

He can piss off after the statue unveiling then. Petrie with one too smoking a cigar next to it.

Steve20
05-05-2016, 07:41 PM
I'm actually still up for keeping Stubbs on, but if we get off to a bad start in the Championship next season, like we have the last 2, then he has to go.

That would just be leaving it too late again. Why give someone the chance to mess up the start of the season when they've already messed it up twice before? He doesn't learn from previous mistakes.

MWHIBBIES
05-05-2016, 07:49 PM
So income from two cup runs will off-set any potential losses from 3 years in the Championship (if Hibs don't go up this season)?

As I said in my previous post, I'm no expert on the financial state of affairs at the club. It's a genuine question I'm asking as I think it's important and worthy of debate. :aok:It will offset this season I'd imagine, not 3 years.