PDA

View Full Version : Part time supporters

ivan03
04-05-2016, 10:24 PM
Clearly we have a lot.

All I'm going to say is, this is your club, who you want to support in a cup final, so get yourself there on Saturday, let's get a full house Easter road rocking and get right behind the team and get them through to the Semi's. Our home ties need to be used as a massive advantage! Falkirk, Raith and which ever premier league team finish 2nd bottom, don't have a stadium like us, which if full is going to be a 12th man!

BE THE 12th MAN!! GGTTH

Thecat23
04-05-2016, 10:26 PM
I'll be there that's for sure. We need a big performance though because the fans have been there most of the season when needed time the team stepped up.

Nicho87
04-05-2016, 10:26 PM
Love the rallying call. But how many times do we get let down by results like tonight. Its depressing.

cleanyman
04-05-2016, 10:27 PM
HOW MANY TIMES DO WE READ THE SAME STUFF

Of course we will all be there....we always bloody are.

The big question is will the team bloody turn up?

Giro Playboy
04-05-2016, 10:27 PM
Clearly we have a lot.

All I'm going to say is, this is your club, who you want to support in a cup final, so get yourself there on Saturday, let's get a full house Easter road rocking and get right behind the team and get them through to the Semi's. Our home ties need to be used as a massive advantage! Falkirk, Raith and which ever premier league team finish 2nd bottom, don't have a stadium like us, which is full is going to be a 12th man!

BE THE 12th MAN!! GGTTH Im getting sick to death of reading on here fans calling on other fans to do their bit. 2700 Hibs fans were there tonight and the team were dire. When are the players and manager going to start doing their bit?

ivan03
04-05-2016, 10:28 PM
It doesn't matter. We have a chance to be promoted. It's only half time of the quarter final! What's 1 goal?

ivan03
04-05-2016, 10:30 PM
Hardly dire. Take the good days with the bad, that's football, we are Hibernian not Barcelona! And we have had many good days under Alan Stubbs, the football is night & day to what we've had the past few years!

cleanyman
04-05-2016, 10:31 PM
Hardly dire. Take the good days with the bad, that's football, we are Hibernian not Barcelona! And we have had many good days under Alan Stubbs, the football is night & day to what we've had the past few years!

We're looking at a third season in the championship.

frazeHFC
04-05-2016, 10:33 PM
Im getting sick to death of reading on here fans calling on other fans to do their bit. 2700 Hibs fans were there tonight and the team were dire. When are the players and manager going to start doing their bit?

Same, its a common theme being a Hibs fan to be let down on the big occasions. Can't make Saturday due to exams but praying the team can overturn this and May can be a month to remember for all the right reasons. :pray:

ivan03
04-05-2016, 10:34 PM

Not a normal 2 seasons in the championship is it! Hearts who have went on to finish 3rd in the premiership, and Rangers who will no doubt do the same next season or better. We had Butcher, a terrible squad, and a horrible brand of football. We changed CEO, we changed manager and a whole new squad. We try to play the game that every Hibs fan would want. We are 1 down at half time and your already giving it negative comments regarding what's going to happen. Have some belief in your team!

Scouse Hibee
04-05-2016, 10:37 PM
Not a normal 2 seasons in the championship is it! Hearts who have went on to finish 3rd in the premiership, and Rangers who will no doubt do the same next season or better. We had Butcher, a terrible squad, and a horrible brand of football. We changed CEO, we changed manager and a whole new squad. We try to play the game that every Hibs fan would want. We are 1 down at half time and your already giving it negative comments regarding what's going to happen. Have some belief in your team!

But there's always a reason (excuse) wake up and smell the coffee,we are not very good.

SJM
04-05-2016, 10:39 PM

You make excuses for having hearts and rangers in the league then say have belief in the team aye?

3 years in this *****y lower league we are staring in the face. Even you should acknowledge that is an utter disaster.

Giro Playboy
04-05-2016, 10:40 PM
Not a normal 2 seasons in the championship is it! Hearts who have went on to finish 3rd in the premiership, and Rangers who will no doubt do the same next season or better. We had Butcher, a terrible squad, and a horrible brand of football. We changed CEO, we changed manager and a whole new squad. We try to play the game that every Hibs fan would want. We are 1 down at half time and your already giving it negative comments regarding what's going to happen. Have some belief in your team! So everything is absolutely brilliant then. Ive no idea why i felt so disappointed and pissed off walking out the ground tonight....

Bishop Hibee
04-05-2016, 10:40 PM
Not very good should have been good enough to beat Raith but Stubbs negative player selection played into their hands.

Get McGeoch and Henderson in from the start on Saturday to give us a chance.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
04-05-2016, 10:42 PM

The football we want? Are you joking?

Slow, dull, sterile football is not what i want - what hearta played last year, and the huns have this year is what i want and expect

emerald green
04-05-2016, 10:46 PM
Clearly we have a lot.

All I'm going to say is, this is your club, who you want to support in a cup final, so get yourself there on Saturday, let's get a full house Easter road rocking and get right behind the team and get them through to the Semi's. Our home ties need to be used as a massive advantage! Falkirk, Raith and which ever premier league team finish 2nd bottom, don't have a stadium like us, which if full is going to be a 12th man!

BE THE 12th MAN!! GGTTH

"Part time supporters". What a load of pish.

Do you seriously believe there will be a full house on Saturday? Falkirk & Raith "don't have a stadium like us". So what? It's results on the pitch which will get people back to ER. Nothing else.

Get real.

Greencore
04-05-2016, 10:51 PM
Sadly people will not be back until Petrie is gone completely. I'm all for getting people back to ER and will be there on Saturday... Maybe it's an excuse by them to hide their pain?

GreenLake
04-05-2016, 10:54 PM
Lots of respect should go to the fans who suffered that tonight. I hope we win art ER and turn this around.

iwasthere1972
04-05-2016, 10:55 PM
"Part time supporters". What a load of pish.

Do you seriously believe there will be a full house on Saturday? Falkirk & Raith "don't have a stadium like us". So what? It's results on the pitch which will get people back to ER. Nothing else.

Get real.

:agree: Not a chance in hell that there will be anywhere near a full house on Saturday. Personally I think we'll be lucky to hit the 10K mark including the Raith support. As for part time fans, it's better having part time fans than none.

It's still game on nevertheless and an early goal (us of course) will settle the nerves.

chrisski33
04-05-2016, 10:56 PM
Clearly we have a lot.

BE THE 12th MAN!! GGTTH

What aload of patronising drivel. The fans have turned up and been let down when it matters by the players

munchar
04-05-2016, 10:57 PM
So everything is absolutely brilliant then. Ive no idea why i felt so disappointed and pissed off walking out the ground tonight....

Probably because we stole defeat from the jaws of victory...as per usual.
Stubbs was quite happy to accept a draw tonight. He made the subs he should've made much earlier, only because we lost a goal.
McGeough & Henderson must start on Saturday.

Captain Trips
04-05-2016, 10:59 PM
The fans for Hibs are great, far to often on here they are put under microscope.

We finshed 3rd because of players/manager, we are in this league because of players/management , we are in cup final because of players/management. We will go up or stay down because of players/management, we will win or lose final because of players/management. The fans will react to what the players do.

The fans IMO have always been behind players. I think its time we all got behind one another and stopped looking at what the fans have done or not.

The club need us more than ever, at matchday they always have us these rally calls come up like people do not know what to do on matchday. I think the way we discuss other fans attending and what games folk go to is where we need to come together.

Pretty Boy
04-05-2016, 11:01 PM
What aload of patronising drivel. The fans have turned up and been let down when it matters by the players

I just totalled what I have spent on Hibs this week alone:

£140 -Cup final tickets
£32 - ST Direct Debit
£20 - Ticket for tonight
£15 - Ticket for Saturday
£11 - Bus for tonight
£18.75 - HSL Direct Debit

That's over £230 in a single week. I'm sure I'm not the only one with that kind of outlay at the moment supporting Hibs. If anyone is letting the club down at the moment it sure as hell isn't the fans who are still turning up and/or spending their hard earned in other ways.

HibsNutter
04-05-2016, 11:03 PM
Sadly people will not be back until Petrie is gone completely. I'm all for getting people back to ER and will be there on Saturday... Maybe it's an excuse by them to hide their pain?

Anyone citing this as a reason is a moron

Diclonius
04-05-2016, 11:04 PM
It's hard being the 12th man when the 1st-11th men never turn up.

kaimendhibs
04-05-2016, 11:07 PM

£140 -Cup final tickets
£32 - ST Direct Debit
£20 - Ticket for tonight
£11 - Bus for tonight

That's over £230 in a single week. I'm sure I'm not the only one with that kind of outlay at the moment supporting Hibs. If anyone is letting the club down at the moment it sure as hell isn't the fans who are still turning up and/or spending their hard earned in other ways.

Yip, i feel your pain

ivan03
05-05-2016, 12:23 AM

Never turn up... Aye ok. Where u saying that when we beat Hearts? Aberdeen? St Johnstone? Dundee Utd?

If you were at the game tonight you'd see we were unlucky not to win the game never mind draw. Everyone saying Dylan should be starting he's been struggling for a long time with an injury so Stubbs is easing him back in!

We lose 1 game and everyone goes mad, same Hibs blah blah. Then we will win 2-0 on Saturday and everyone is all over it. Your a football supporter of a non old firm Scottish team, success doesn't happen on a year basis. We have been through a major reconstruction of the club from bottom to top. Of course we need to come up and be back in the prem where we belong! All I'm saying is keep the faith, get behind the team and the manager as he is the best we've had in a long time!

JC94
05-05-2016, 12:40 AM

Rangers had the exact same problems yet they won the league comfortably. This isnt good enough, looking at 3 years in the 2nd tier of Scottish Football. No matter what other teams where in this league we should be winning it or atleast taking it right down to the wire.

GreenLake
05-05-2016, 12:56 AM
Let's win the f****** cup

majorhibs
05-05-2016, 01:05 AM

Sorry your response & yourself & any apologists you may have are mair than nutters your morons if you think that the decline of Hibs over coming up 10 years while Rod Petrie REMAINS at the club, is not going to be VERY high on some peoples minds.

cabbageandribs1875
05-05-2016, 01:59 AM
scratches head

HH81
05-05-2016, 02:52 AM
Part time players might have been a better title.

GreenLake
05-05-2016, 03:10 AM
Jack McBean scores for Los Dos. Those who go to development games will remember he was at Hibs for a while. Oops, sorry, this is the part time supporters thread.

JC94
05-05-2016, 03:30 AM
Jack McBean scores for Los Dos. Those who go to development games will remember he was at Hibs for a while. Oops, sorry, this is the part time supporters thread.

Had the pleasure going for a drink with Jacks dad, always complimentary of Scottish Football and Hibs. Just a shame hes a Rangers fan. Also just looked at Jack McBeans scoring record and its poor for a striker

Centre Hawf
05-05-2016, 03:40 AM
Oh great. Another rallying call for fans to turn up and back the team. It didn't work the last 3/4 years im sure this time will be different, also if it doesn't work it'll still be the fans fault. Im sick to death of this now. I saw absolutely nothing from that team tonight to suggest they can not only turn this tie around but also win the next two rounds and a cup final.

**** me were piss poor, and it only highlights how poor this division is that we finished third in it. See you's on Saturday though cause im an absolute slave at the moment. But not sure these shackles last beyond the summer depending on results.

Steve20
05-05-2016, 05:21 AM
Never turn up... Aye ok. Where u saying that when we beat Hearts? Aberdeen? St Johnstone? Dundee Utd?

If you were at the game tonight you'd see we were unlucky not to win the game never mind draw. Everyone saying Dylan should be starting he's been struggling for a long time with an injury so Stubbs is easing him back in!

We lose 1 game and everyone goes mad, same Hibs blah blah. Then we will win 2-0 on Saturday and everyone is all over it. Your a football supporter of a non old firm Scottish team, success doesn't happen on a year basis. We have been through a major reconstruction of the club from bottom to top. Of course we need to come up and be back in the prem where we belong! All I'm saying is keep the faith, get behind the team and the manager as he is the best we've had in a long time!

No, he's not. He finished miles behind Hearts last year, messed up the Rangers playoff and the Falkirk semi final. This season has had a terrible league campaign, lost to Ross County when it mattered and has left us staring at getting knocked out by Raith Rovers at the first playoff round. The football is not 'night and day' as you said earlier, it's crap.

We've had some terrible managers but he's up there with them. He's got a couple of days to get his act together or he shouldn't even be allowed to lose us the cup final as well.

HIBEETILLIDIE
05-05-2016, 06:39 AM
Here is a rallying call to the manager and the team-
Shut your big over paid mouths and do your talking on the pitch =Steve20;4671545]No, he's not. He finished miles behind Hearts last year, messed up the Rangers playoff and the Falkirk semi final. This season has had a terrible league campaign, lost to Ross County when it mattered and has left us staring at getting knocked out by Raith Rovers at the first playoff round. The football is not 'night and day' as you said earlier, it's crap.

We've had some terrible managers but he's up there with them. He's got a couple of days to get his act together or he shouldn't even be allowed to lose us the cup final as well.[/QUOTE]

mcfly
05-05-2016, 06:43 AM
It's only half time - lets not give up yet.

Our problem I feel is not enough goals from midfield. Our midfielders hardly ever score and it's not good enough

mcfly
05-05-2016, 06:46 AM
Here is a rallying call to the manager and the team-
**** your you big over paid mouths and do your talking on the pitch =Steve20;4671545]No, he's not. He finished miles behind Hearts last year, messed up the Rangers playoff and the Falkirk semi final. This season has had a terrible league campaign, lost to Ross County when it mattered and has left us staring at getting knocked out by Raith Rovers at the first playoff round. The football is not 'night and day' as you said earlier, it's crap.

We've had some terrible managers but he's up there with them. He's got a couple of days to get his act together or he shouldn't even be allowed to lose us the cup final as well.[/QUOTE]

Get a grip mate - have u even been to see us this season??

Up there with the worst managers?? Calderwood/butcher/fenlon

Thank god ur not the manager.

Stop posting such negative rubbish

hfcnic
05-05-2016, 06:47 AM

It's certainly not looking good, 1 goal or not they still have the advantage.....I know glass half full and all that but can't help feeling that you are right and there will indeed be a 3rd season in the champ

Pete
05-05-2016, 06:55 AM
It's certainly not looking good, 1 goal or not they still have the advantage.....I know glass half full and all that but can't help feeling that you are right and there will indeed be a 3rd season in the champ

Easy now with the "glass half full" stuff. It doesn't go down too well.

Now is the time for moaning and moaning only. :-)

GreensesArab
05-05-2016, 08:28 AM

Agree. We've turned up for the last two seasons to watch 2nd tier football whilst paying SPL prices. We did this in order to give our club the best chance of returning to the top flight. Yet this season we finished a place lower than last season?!! So we've done our bit, however the team hasn't reciprocated.

mmmmhibby
05-05-2016, 08:33 AM
Clearly we have a lot.

BE THE 12th MAN!! GGTTH

Winning/successful team on park=better crowds............its that's simple.

GreensesArab
05-05-2016, 08:33 AM
Oh great. Another rallying call for fans to turn up and back the team. It didn't work the last 3/4 years im sure this time will be different, also if it doesn't work it'll still be the fans fault. Im sick to death of this now. I saw absolutely nothing from that team tonight to suggest they can not only turn this tie around but also win the next two rounds and a cup final.

**** me were piss poor, and it only highlights how poor this division is that we finished third in it. See you's on Saturday though cause im an absolute slave at the moment. But not sure these shackles last beyond the summer depending on results.

I agree. Not sure if I can stomach paying SPL prices for a third season in the 2nd tier. Feels like I'm being ripped off. At the start of this season the Board indicated that automatic promotion was the aim. Ironically, we finished the season one position lower than last year. Wtf are you doing with our money?

SlickShoes
05-05-2016, 08:42 AM
Fast forward one year -

"Come on guys let's just get behind the team, it was always going to be hard to challenge dundee utd with the momentum they had after being relegated, Dunfermline had that same momentum coming up so we could never compete, if we can just win this first play off vs Dumbarton then we are in with a chance! I fancy us to beat anyone on our day!"

How about the team give us something to get behind? I thought they had started doing that when we ground out some good results in february but it disappeared faster than snow off a dyke.

RIP
05-05-2016, 08:42 AM

I know ten morons including myself. All supporters since the 60s and 70s. Petrie's legacy is to have been the worst Chairman in living memory.

legends of 73
05-05-2016, 08:56 AM

£140 -Cup final tickets
£32 - ST Direct Debit
£20 - Ticket for tonight
£11 - Bus for tonight

I'm exactly the same. I will not be travelling and spending my cash if we don't come up I'm f----ing sick of wasting my money on these c---s.

Sick and tired of folk saying you've got to get behind the team well this team better start achieving things or our support is going to dwindle rapidly.

Going to tinpot stadiums and watching your team get pumped is not my idea of a day out anymore

Andy.1875
05-05-2016, 09:19 AM
Until the quality on the park improves, I'm quite happy to be a part time supporter.

1987kev
05-05-2016, 11:21 AM
If I'm being honest I would rather b putting a coupon and watching soccer Saturday than watching hibs v Alloa etc etc even before we got relegated the football was that bad I would only to big games.

Alfred E Newman
05-05-2016, 11:31 AM
Clearly we have a lot.

BE THE 12th MAN!! GGTTH

You are wasting your breath. It will be the normal hardcore giving the team their backing as usual but whether or not it makes any difference is anybody's guess.

GreenLake
05-05-2016, 12:33 PM
Had the pleasure going for a drink with Jacks dad, always complimentary of Scottish Football and Hibs. Just a shame hes a Rangers fan. Also just looked at Jack McBeans scoring record and its poor for a striker

He scored three last night and his dad was there watching. It's tough getting chances in the first team competing with guys like Gyasi Zardes, Bradford Jamieson and Ariel Lassiter.

Islington Hibs
05-05-2016, 12:39 PM

:top marks

some of these posts are suicidal. We still have around 50% chance of progressing-it is very far from over.

I suspect some of the extreme criticism of Stubbs is less to do with him but more the circumstances Hibs are in over many years of under-performance. Lets get behind Alan- frankly he has done better, from a terrible inheritance, than most others have achieved. Win or lose this season he should be given a third season and you know what I'll bet Leanne is not even close to firing him.

HibsNutter
05-05-2016, 12:49 PM
Sorry your response & yourself & any apologists you may have are mair than nutters your morons if you think that the decline of Hibs over coming up 10 years while Rod Petrie REMAINS at the club, is not going to be VERY high on some peoples minds.

What's he doing to harm the club at the moment? Enlighten me.

He's no longer involved in the day to day running of the club, that's now the job of Leeann. Either way, our current situation has nothing to do with the board, who have backed the management team to the hilt despite the position we've found ourselves in. Signing a good quality of player, guys like McGinn (on a long contract), McGeouch, Fyvie among others, who won't have come cheap. Offering new contracts for Cummings and Hanlon. They did not buckle throughout the whole Scott Allan saga. They managed to push through a deal for a player of the quality of Stokes, who Celtic did not want to give us.

So I stand by what I said, 'am no gan cos Petries still there like!!' is one of a number of ridiculous non-footballing reasons for staying away.

mmmmhibby
05-05-2016, 12:54 PM
:top marks

some of these posts are suicidal. We still have around 50% chance of progressing-it is very far from over.

I suspect some of the extreme criticism of Stubbs is less to do with him but more the circumstances Hibs are in over many years of under-performance. Lets get behind Alan- frankly he has done better, from a terrible inheritance, than most others have achieved. Win or lose this season he should be given a third season and you know what I'll bet Leanne is not even close to firing him.

Perhaps taking a look at the big picture might shed light on why many supporters are peeved.....its been happening for years n years n years. Steady decline and general acceptism of frankly, a bad product on the park aint helped either.

pacoluna
05-05-2016, 12:55 PM
He scored three last night and his dad was there watching. It's tough getting chances in the first team competing with guys like Gyasi Zardes, Bradford Jamieson and Ariel Lassiter.

Who cares this is a hibs thread..

flash
05-05-2016, 12:59 PM

No need.

lugz
05-05-2016, 01:15 PM
Apologies if already covered but if I buy a ticket for the Raith game on Sat will I get any points to go towards a cup final tickets?

IWasThere2016
05-05-2016, 02:11 PM

I'm a moron. Away games only since we went down.

Sammy7nil
05-05-2016, 02:21 PM

Hibs finished 3rd in a 2 horse race, Stubbs told Falkirk and Everyone else that Hibs and Rangers would pull away as the season went on he was wrong.

Sammy7nil
05-05-2016, 02:23 PM

He's no longer involved in the day to day running of the club, that's now the job of Leeann. Either way, our current situation has nothing to do with the board, who have backed the management team to the hilt despite the position we've found ourselves in. Signing a good quality of player, guys like McGinn (on a long contract), McGeouch, Fyvie among others, who won't have come cheap. Offering new contracts for Cummings and Hanlon. They did not buckle throughout the whole Scott Allan saga. They managed to push through a deal for a player of the quality of Stokes, who Celtic did not want to give us.

So I stand by what I said, 'am no gan cos Petries still there like!!' is one of a number of ridiculous non-footballing reasons for staying away.

it is a bit like saying he killed the dog 10 years ago what harm is he doing it today? If Petrie is taking a copper coin from the club he is harming it.

GreenLake
05-05-2016, 02:24 PM

Jack was on trial for a spell. Maybe he would have scored that lob yesterday.

Nutmegged
05-05-2016, 03:18 PM
Clearly we have a lot.

BE THE 12th MAN!! GGTTH

Steady, Hibs have been in decline since Mowbray left, we've had obvious chinks of light in between, Collins winning the League Cup, Yogi getting us to 4th in the table but overall its been down slope since 2006-ish - we've just finished our 2nd Season in the Championship where we have once again failed to even get close to realistically challenging for the title and automatic promotion.

We've just lost the first leg of the Play-Off's too a team nowhere near our standard in terms of individual ability yet once again we lost, now we still might and IMO probably will turn this around on Saturday however to accuse fans of being part timers is disingenuous, a Cup Final will always attract a casual fan as it is what it is but if the club want to attract fans back to the bread and butter we really have to start delivering in these type of situations. It's not some kind of weird anomoly that we find ourselves where we are.

I'll be there as usual on Saturday, if we progress and there's an extra 2 or 3 thousand there against Falkirk i'd not hold it against a single one of them.

pacoluna
05-05-2016, 03:22 PM
Jack was on trial for a spell. Maybe he would have scored that lob yesterday.

I know mate, based on stubbs assessment though I guess he didn't make the grade, like a lot of other younger trialists.

silverhibee
05-05-2016, 03:27 PM
Clearly we have a lot.

BE THE 12th MAN!! GGTTH

Done us wonders when we brought back a 2 goal lead from Hamilton a few seasons a go to a packed out ER.

Lets be clear here, the 12th man seems to always back the team in times like this, it's the players on the pitch that keep letting us down.

So lets hope the 11 men can do it for the 12th Man for a change.

silverhibee
05-05-2016, 03:29 PM

Yeah, the championship league is a blast.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-05-2016, 03:29 PM

Indeed. Expect it from the fans, but never ever demand it from the team.

silverhibee
05-05-2016, 03:31 PM

We do, do the team have the belief to be winners.

Aldo
05-05-2016, 03:39 PM
Clearly we have a lot. All I'm going to say is, this is your club, who you want to support in a cup final, so get yourself there on Saturday, let's get a full house Easter road rocking and get right behind the team and get them through to the Semi's. Our home ties need to be used as a massive advantage! Falkirk, Raith and which ever premier league team finish 2nd bottom, don't have a stadium like us, which if full is going to be a 12th man! BE THE 12th MAN!! GGTTH

Is there really anything wrong with this??

I am one through work and family commitments.

Because I don't go every week does that make me less of a supporter than others.

And for what it's worth I support Hibs regardless of who they are playing and always will and not just because they are in a Cup Final.

What is a 'Full Time' Supporter.

As I have mentioned I support Hibs Full Time but don't get to as many games??

Aldo
05-05-2016, 03:42 PM

It doesn't matter who our manager has been there has been a lot of dire poor football for too long.

Last night was dire so if you were there and watched that and didn't think it was sure ten I give up.

As for night and day I don't think it really is because we have been in this league for 2 years and some of the football has been worse than under other managers.

HibsNutter
05-05-2016, 03:51 PM
it is a bit like saying he killed the dog 10 years ago what harm is he doing it today? If Petrie is taking a copper coin from the club he is harming it.

ALL that is relevant is what he is doing today.

Lago
05-05-2016, 03:51 PM
e good thing about the play offs, you don't have long to wait till you know your fate. Soon be Sat then we either crash and burn or it's upward and onward.

Pete
05-05-2016, 03:55 PM
e good thing about the play offs, you don't have long to wait till you know your fate. Soon be Sat then we either crash and burn or it's upward and onward.

:agree:

Good point. It's right back on your bike.

We have this odd situation where we also have a cup final thrown in just to make it even more complicated.

It's never dull.

ArmadaleHibs
05-05-2016, 04:35 PM
I hate to say it, but, how many times have we all been told our club needs us. I go every time so not a problem and I always will but again dozens upon dozens of times we've all been told our club needs us. We turn up in huge numbers, all excited, thinking this will be it, and low and behold the players on the park let us down. Over and over and over.

Once this team starts getting the right results at the right times, then people may come back. Until this team start turning around bigger occasions it just won't wash with some fans who have understandably lost there way

I'll be there tho

Ggtth

blackpoolhibs
05-05-2016, 04:46 PM
It appears the team are poor without the big crowds, and poor with them. Maybe we'd be better with none?

silverhibee
05-05-2016, 05:18 PM
It appears the team are poor without the big crowds, and poor with them. Maybe we'd be better with none?

Patience :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
05-05-2016, 05:33 PM
Patience :greengrin

Oh aye SH patience :greengrin, that 5 year plan must be ready to bare fruit soon eh? :rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
05-05-2016, 05:37 PM

And that's before we work out if the crowd is made up of the so called part time supporters, or the as yet undefined full time supporters. Maybe all we fans have to do is get the mix right for optimum performances from the team?

Load of fish about the levels and types of support over recent years, I am amazed we continue to get what we do since our near decade long slump and have nothing but admiration for those that are still motivated to get along however often they do it. The size and spirit of our away crowds have been excellent in all the circumstances.

silverhibee
05-05-2016, 05:51 PM
Oh aye SH patience :greengrin, that 5 year plan must be ready to bare fruit soon eh? :rolleyes:

Build it and they will come.

Stand up and be counted.

I looked in to his eyes and seen he was a winner.

And then this pish, wonder what Euan is thinking now.

Euan McLean: Rod Petrie does it his way and Hibs fans should be glad to have him.

EUAN reckons Rod Petrie deserves the backing of Hibs supporters for his solid financial management of the club over the past 10 years.

FAIR to say Rod Petrie isn’t the first guy you’d invite to the pub for a few pints and a good belt on the karaoke.

Although if a singer does lurk under that dour exterior I’ll bet he’s a Frank Sinatra man. But I digress.

While Petrie would admit he’s no man of the people I was staggered to hear Hibs fans’ chief Mike Reilly calling for the chairman’s head.

The consensus that Pat Fenlon had to vacate the manager’s seat was so widely acknowledged even Fenlon agreed and did the honourable thing.

But for the Hibernian Supporters’ Association to urge Petrie to follow suit shows little recognition for one of the safest pairs of hands in Scottish football.

Petrie isn’t here to win personality contests, he’s running one of our biggest clubs – and has done so pretty damned impressively over the last 16 years.

Anyone who doubts that need only look around Scottish football and see the legacy of reckless, ego-driven financial mismanagement.

The Rangers boardroom remains in a state of turmoil, Hearts are going down and debt-ridden Kilmarnock are embroiled in a civil war between the club’s chairman and supporters.

Ask their rank-and-file fans if they wish their club’s leaders had shown a sliver of Petrie’s financial nous during the SPL’s boom time.

Celtic aside, Hibs are the last club you could imagine following the Gers, Jambos and Dunfermline into administration – all thanks to the solid stewardship of the man at the helm.

They have been largely debt free for almost 10 years despite transforming Easter Road into a top-class facility and building a training ground that is the envy of clubs like Aberdeen.

All funded by breeding and then selling on stars such as Scott Brown, Garry O’Connor and Derek Riordan for top dollar. The perfect business model for a club of Hibs’ size.

If most clubs had a hand as steady as that on the tiller in this uncertain financial climate they would be desperate to keep him, not hound him out the door.

Some say Rod has lost his touch for picking good managers and should step aside and let somebody else pick the next boss.

OK, I’ll give you Colin Calderwood. His appointment was a total disaster and it’s a mystery why Petrie thought Hibs would flourish under a guy with even less charisma than he has.

But Fenlon, despite overseeing the worst results in Hibs’ history, was not a failure in my opinion – and hindsight might yet judge him more kindly.

The Irishman dragged a divided dressing room clear of relegation and led the team to consecutive Scottish Cup finals.

Yes, they were abject in both but how many Hibs managers have taken the club so close to the bogey trophy that has taken on Holy Grail status in Leith?

The next manager should at least be a more clear-cut appointment with Terry Butcher surely the man Petrie must secure.

But if he does get Butcher he’ll be attracted not just by the club’s infrastructure and status, he’ll also know this is a good time to take over Hibs, with much of the hard groundwork already put in place by Fenlon.

The Irishman knew he wasn’t the man to take Hibs the next step forward but he knows they are ready to take that step.

The club is on a solid footing and the fans would be wise not to forget it’s Petrie who has been the one keeping them in step with the times.

Deary me.

Franck Stanton
05-05-2016, 06:09 PM
It doesn't matter. We have a chance to be promoted. It's only half time of the quarter final! What's 1 goal?

Exactly,Christ if you go back and read some of the posts immediately after the final whistle last night, seems some folk just cannae handle a defeat." Players just not good enough " "Stubbs must go now", " That's it, yet another season in this crappy league"

Take a chill pill, it's only half-time in the first round play-offs. We WILL win on Saturday and go on to play Falkirk. Have some faith and SUPPORT the team ffs.

Oh, and STUBBS MUST STAY.

HibbyAndy
05-05-2016, 06:38 PM
Will their be pods outside the East on Saturday or is it ticket ?

bigwheel
05-05-2016, 06:38 PM
Exactly,Christ if you go back and read some of the posts immediately after the final whistle last night, seems some folk just cannae handle a defeat." Players just not good enough " "Stubbs must go now", " That's it, yet another season in this crappy league"

Take a chill pill, it's only half-time in the first round play-offs. We WILL win on Saturday and go on to play Falkirk. Have some faith and SUPPORT the team ffs.

Oh, and STUBBS MUST STAY.
[/B]

I agree with all of this....actually, really looking forward to Saturday. A proper game of football..it will go to the wire and there will be genuine excitement..if you like games that matter...here is one to be at

majorhibs
05-05-2016, 11:20 PM

Am no gan cos Petries still there like, eh? Are we aw pikeys for you? Say gan & end everything wi like? Sorry bud, your a part time halfwitted condescending nonentity if you think that supporting Hibs for 40+ years & the last 10 of a terrible slide in what we are expected tae put up with, the feeling that of your whole Hibs supporting lifetime they seem to be sinking lower & the hurt seems to grow bigger wi the "latest" record/lowest/most mediocre result we are expected to take- get yersel in fi planet Zog wi the rest of us- all this crap which is lower & darker crap than I can remember fi Hibs- is associated wi Petrie running Hibs as he still does- coincidence mate? I am just effing sick of the decline & want Hibs back up there. Petrie is still there & we are still as low as this clubs been in its history- do the maths or however its termed- but Rod Petrie terrible terrible failure for Hibernian Football Club- should walk- imo. (Or be pushed, but NOWHERE would anyone in any walk be allowed the level of decline created by him). Like.

cabbageandribs1875
05-05-2016, 11:32 PM
one for the stattos, has any hibs team spent 3 seasons outwith the top league ? :confused:

Scottie
05-05-2016, 11:36 PM
one for the stattos, has any hibs team spent 3 seasons outwith the top league ? :confused:
No 2 years has been the longest stay from the top flight.

cabbageandribs1875
05-05-2016, 11:39 PM
No 2 years has been the longest stay from the top flight.

flip :rolleyes:, lets hope we don't have yet another new low for Hibernian Football Club

ta

Itsnoteasy
06-05-2016, 12:12 AM
HOW MANY TIMES DO WE READ THE SAME STUFF

Of course we will all be there....we always bloody are.

The big question is will the team bloody turn up?

Only 2600 bothered to turn up in Fife

hibs69
06-05-2016, 12:55 AM
I'm a season ticket holder in the East...... The midweek game at ER, (0-3) I genuinely had to leave early to pick up my grandaughter, was 0-2 at the time of leaving and some pished alcy bstd from down the front said, "Aye, Goan fk off ya part time ******, see ye in the queue for league cup final tickets!" LOL! So even when we actually go to the games, some get a bollocking!

Fk it though, would've left at 0-3 anyway.

Jones28
06-05-2016, 01:11 AM
Its time the team were giving us a reason to come back. Getting promoted without the drama of playoffs would have been a start but as it is I'll take it any way it comes.

However there will be a lot of people who will walk away if we end up in the Championship for a third season.

Hermit Crab
06-05-2016, 07:21 AM
Apologies if already covered but if I buy a ticket for the Raith game on Sat will I get any points to go towards a cup final tickets?

I don't think points are getting added for this game. I've bought mine 3 days ago and I've not had any points added yet.

Cod Boy
06-05-2016, 08:46 AM
You don't get loyalty points for tomorrows game.

spudhib
06-05-2016, 10:45 AM

Would like to know this too,working til 12 on Saturday.

SJM
06-05-2016, 10:51 AM

"bothered" aye? Have you seen all the games the support is having to shell out for over the last couple of months. 2600 is a great number to Raith with 3 days notice.

Brightside
06-05-2016, 10:53 AM
Would like to know this too,working til 12 on Saturday.

yes pods from 10am

Moulin Yarns
06-05-2016, 10:55 AM

Why wouldn't there be? There are thousands of tickets available for the game tomorrow. Has there been any game this season that wasn't sold out where the pods weren't open?

CraigHibee
06-05-2016, 11:25 AM
i wish i could go tomorrow, i'm working until 2pm, had it been a 3 o'clock kick off i'd be adding the ticket to my season ticket :brickwall:

Aldo
06-05-2016, 11:56 AM

Just shy of 3,000 turned up!!

spudhib
06-05-2016, 03:12 PM
yes pods from 10am

Thanks.

Itsnoteasy
06-05-2016, 04:18 PM
"bothered" aye? Have you seen all the games the support is having to shell out for over the last couple of months. 2600 is a great number to Raith with 3 days notice.

Blame the team for that. Their fault they blew it when on the tails of RFC for automatic promotion. Also teams fault they are in cup finals. Maybe good idea if RRFC beat us & you will not have to buy possibly another 4 tickets

Itsnoteasy
06-05-2016, 04:27 PM
Just shy of 3,000 turned up!!

I would have to disagree with you, there was more fans in the home end than the away end from where I was sitting.
Attendance was 5330.
There was 3000+ in the cup game at Starks & the attendance was less 5203.

Aldo
06-05-2016, 04:50 PM
I would have to disagree with you, there was more fans in the home end than the away end from where I was sitting. Attendance was 5330. There was 3000+ in the cup game at Starks & the attendance was less 5203.

There were just shy of 3,000 Hibs fans in the ground and that is from an official source within RR.

Super_JMcGinn
06-05-2016, 04:52 PM

£140 -Cup final tickets
£32 - ST Direct Debit
£20 - Ticket for tonight
£11 - Bus for tonight

No point in asking you for a sub then :wink:

SJM
06-05-2016, 04:54 PM
Blame the team for that. Their fault they blew it when on the tails of RFC for automatic promotion. Also teams fault they are in cup finals. Maybe good idea if RRFC beat us & you will not have to buy possibly another 4 tickets

Sorry I fail to see what your on about or point is.

:confused:

Itsnoteasy
06-05-2016, 04:55 PM
There were just shy of 3,000 Hibs fans in the ground and that is from an official source within RR.

Ok.

Itsnoteasy
06-05-2016, 04:58 PM
Sorry I fail to see what your on about or point is.

:confused:

Your moaning about how much money fans are forking oot

SJM
06-05-2016, 05:11 PM
Your moaning about how much money fans are forking oot

I'm not moaning, I'm stating a fact. Bad mouthing supporters for not going to Raith (I was there) when there's loads of games to pay for was out of order was the point I tried to make.

Albanian Hibs
06-05-2016, 05:16 PM
I would have to disagree with you, there was more fans in the home end than the away end from where I was sitting.
Attendance was 5330.
There was 3000+ in the cup game at Starks & the attendance was less 5203.

There were just under 4k hibs fans at the cup game

Itsnoteasy
06-05-2016, 06:27 PM
There were just under 4k hibs fans at the cup game

The home end & away ends behind each goal holds 3370.

So no way were there 500 - 600 in the area adjacent to train track with Hibs fans.

So I have to disagree with you.

Itsnoteasy
06-05-2016, 06:29 PM
I'm not moaning, I'm stating a fact. Bad mouthing supporters for not going to Raith (I was there) when there's loads of games to pay for was out of order was the point I tried to make.

OK

iwasthere1972
06-05-2016, 07:31 PM
I'm bringing my song book to Hampden. Can somebody tell me how the tune to Sunshine on Leith goes. I would like to practice beforehand.

Cheers.