PDA

View Full Version : For those who were actually there...

G B Young
04-05-2016, 10:04 PM
...would you agree with this BBC report that we dominated the game up until the Raith goal and had enough chances to have put the game to bed?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36183202

S4uzee
04-05-2016, 10:05 PM
If Cummings had scored the sitter it was a different game.

I felt fairly comfortable until they scored but after that I felt we'd concede again

mghibs
04-05-2016, 10:06 PM
Not really, thought we were sloppy in possession, too many aimless balls forward, and no really threatening attempts on goal to challenge the keeper. Overall a pretty poor performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
04-05-2016, 10:06 PM
Hardly dominated, it was a truly awful spectacle. Stokesy had a header and Cummings a 1v1 first half, that was about it. Created very little 2nd half and absolutely nothing after they scored.

Very poor performance IMO, even some our more consistent players like Fyvie and Bartley were pretty poor. We have incredible home form and that might see us through but we'll have to be much better than tonight.

Stuarty27
04-05-2016, 10:07 PM
The game was there for the taking the night, Raith were honking up until the goal.

We should of been out of sight at half time, chance after chance missed, Cummings attempted lob was the worst tho. If that goes in we are 1-0 up at half time cruising.

adhibs
Though we were in control first half and looked comfortable. Second was pretty poor though. Lacked the compuser to bring the ball down and play. Henderson did when he came on but was far too late by then.

SeanWilson
The game was really poor, scrappy with no cutting edge. We can't play any worse and Raith are just as bad.

andy1875
04-05-2016, 10:08 PM
No I dont think we dominated at all.

We had a lot of the ball which we wasted on numerous occassions and if im honest, i dont remember their keeper making a real save other than a header in the first half which went straight at him.

Their defence was pretty solid and well organised throughout and it was no surprise their goal came from a headed set piece as we lost more than we won in the air all over the park.

A bad night at the office from every Hibs player.

TheMentalHibees
04-05-2016, 10:09 PM
So much passing with very little end product. Could still be playing now and not have scored. We might dominate possession but we do hee haw with it. As a spectacle the game was an eyesore. Raith scored from a set piece but other than that they did absolute buttons.

Giro Playboy
04-05-2016, 10:10 PM
If Hibs had scored first i reckon we would have went on to win comfortably. Raith grew in confidence as the game went on while we were huffing and puffing. We had a lot of the ball but we hardly looked a dangerous attacking force. Raith are very average but they are well organised.

buktapurple79
04-05-2016, 10:10 PM
Not really, thought we were sloppy in possession, too many aimless balls forward, and no really threatening attempts on goal to challenge the keeper. Overall a pretty poor performance

Agree - ***** night for me, some Fife lowlife let two of my tyres doon when I was at the game. Only motor in the street that got done, classless **** can't handle a Hibs private reg, regretting the dosh I spent in their 'stadium'.

scotia44
04-05-2016, 10:12 PM
The game was really poor, scrappy with no cutting edge. We can't play any worse and Raith are just as bad.

Yet somehow they are the ones in the driving seat why do we never play phish and then laugh at our good fortune 😤

High-On-Hibs
Wasn't at the game. But travelled to Germany for a few hours so I could catch an online stream. :wink:

It was a highly frustrating game to watch. A lot of huff and puff from both sides, with very little in the way of any real football. We had a couple of good chances that we should have taken, but they were laboured opportunities resulting from hopeful lumps up the park.

On that showing, we didn't really deserve anything out of the game. Raith Rovers bet us at a style that is more suited to them. I expect them to play pretty much the same way again at Easter Road. We just can't adequately break teams down who play to frustrate.

Col2
A terrible game. Raith really are a very very average team but set up in a way to be effective. We should have taken game to them but instead were timid and hoofed it up the park. When we got the ball it was hot potato stuff and Fontaine, Fyvie, Cummings and Stokes were very poor tonight. Bartley in particular was poor.

I think we will huff and puff on Saturday and go out 1-1. Still at least we can rest for cup final :)

matty_f
You could take the match report for loads of our games and apply it to tonight. We've all seen it too many times before.

The second half was played in Raith's half but we either ****ed up the cross or when the cross was good, there was nobody in the box.

iwasthere1972
04-05-2016, 10:14 PM
...would you agree with this BBC report that we dominated the game up until the Raith goal and had enough chances to have put the game to bed?

16 shots and 6 on target compared to their 3 shots and 2 on target. That's where the problem lies. We really need to be putting these chances away. Been a problem for most of the season and the sooner Cummings realises that he ain't Messi the better. I just hope he doesn't try another dink shot while he's playing for Hibs.

I'm not getting too disgruntled about the result as we have Saturday to make amends. Just feel sorry for the large support who travelled through there this evening.

lucky
04-05-2016, 10:15 PM

That's how I saw it two poor teams struggling to play on an awful pitch.

G B Young
04-05-2016, 10:19 PM
16 shots and 6 on target compared to their 3 shots and 2 on target. That's where the problem lies. We really need to be putting these chances away. Been a problem for most of the season and the sooner Cummings realises that he ain't Messi the better. I just hope he doesn't try another dink shot while he's playing for Hibs.

I'm not getting too disgruntled about the result as we have Saturday to make amends. Just feel sorry for the large support who travelled through there this evening.

As you say that seems to be the story of so many league games this season and has effectively cost us what should really have been a comfortable second place.

Keatings in for Cummings on Saturday?

High-On-Hibs
04-05-2016, 10:22 PM

The stats really count for nothing though. You can shoot from the half way line 16 times in a game and they still count as shots in the statistics. There was no real gilt edged chances. Even the Cummings chance was somewhat laboured.

We're just not creating any real stick on goal scoring opportunities. Too many half arsed attempts from outside the box as a result of an extreme lack of any creative attacking ideas.

PPZPOL
04-05-2016, 10:26 PM
Was a confusing performance tonight, players didn't appear to know jobs or how we were supposed to be playing.

A poorer game you'll struggle to see, utter garbage with a lack of composure all over to be frank.

I couldn't work out what the gameplan was....if there was one. Looked to me that we wouldn't be too unhappy with a 0-0 which makes me feel like crying!!

Pretty Boy
04-05-2016, 10:27 PM
Hardly dominated, it was a truly awful spectacle. Stokesy had a header and Cummings a 1v1 first half, that was about it. Created very little 2nd half and absolutely nothing after they scored.

Very poor performance IMO, even some our more consistent players like Fyvie and Bartley were pretty poor. We have incredible home form and that might see us through but we'll have to be much better than tonight.

Pretty fair assessment imo. Almost exactly how I saw it.

Sir David Gray
04-05-2016, 10:27 PM
For a team that has Anthony Stokes, Jason Cummings, John McGinn, Liam Henderson, Fraser Fyvie and Dylan McGeouch at its disposal, the lack of clear cut chances we often create during games is criminal.

We need to see a big improvement on Saturday or we'll be going no further.

Raith Rovers were garbage tonight and still won. We know what their gameplan will be on Saturday and it's often been a gameplan we have failed to cope with during the past two seasons but we need to find a way.

The onus is on us to attack. We need to score at least twice. No extra time, this team can ill afford an extra 30 minutes on Saturday.

G B Young
04-05-2016, 10:28 PM
The stats really count for nothing though. You can shoot from the half way line 16 times in a game and they still count as shots in the statistics. There was no real gilt edged chances. Even the Cummings chance was somewhat laboured.

We're just not creating any real stick on goal scoring opportunities. Too many half arsed attempts from outside the box as a result of an extreme lack of any creative attacking ideas.

The BBC report says Cummings was "sent clean through by a superb ball from McGinn". Doesn't sound very laboured. Or do you mean his attempt to finish it?

cabbageandribs1875
04-05-2016, 10:29 PM
the good news is, one of fontaines hoofs is expected to land back on earth before midnight, wtf has happened to that man

High-On-Hibs
04-05-2016, 10:33 PM
The BBC report says Cummings was "sent clean through by a superb ball from McGinn". Doesn't sound very laboured. Or do you mean his attempt to finish it?

The game was full of aimless punts and slack passing. Whenever the ball was won in defence, the ball would be instantly hammered forward in the hope that it picked somebody out.

I suppose if you do it enough times in a game, one of those hundreds of aimless balls will turn good.

Nicho87
04-05-2016, 10:36 PM
Why change it to 3-5-2 when we've been scoring.
Mcginn is totally knackered. Cummings and stokes dont work. Gunarsson must be raging. Gray is not a captain. Awful awful performance

cabbageandribs1875
04-05-2016, 10:36 PM
i'l certainly never slag any other teams for playing hoof ball now

dmc1875
04-05-2016, 10:38 PM
Mcginn is totally knackered. Cummings and stokes dont work. Gunarsson must be raging. Gray is not a captain. Awful awful performance

This. Why change? Gunnarsson scores twice in three games and plays well yet gets dropped? Boyle offers a different option giving us an inter changing front three? McGinn is the one midfielder that was obvious was knackered and needed a rest?

Stubbs to blame tonight.

Nakedmanoncrack
04-05-2016, 10:40 PM
Certainly had best of it prior to the goal, I don't think anyone watching that believes they were watching a team destined for the premier league though - two very poor teams.

Bishop Hibee
04-05-2016, 10:44 PM
We dominated but didn't create enough chances. Playing Bartley and Fyvie against a defence minded Raith was indefencable.

Nicho87
04-05-2016, 10:46 PM
We dominated but didn't create enough chances. Playing Bartley and Fyvie against a defence minded Raith was indefencable.

Totally, along with the five other defenders. Was far to a defensive team. Stubbs totally to blame

The_Horde
04-05-2016, 10:46 PM
That's twice now raith have nicked games like that against us. It's no coincidence at all.

Raith brought on 2 subs second half who ultimately won them the game. And Stubbs didn't adjust to suit. This happened in the previous game there too.

We really miss the big men. Farid and Dom. But particularly Farid as we look so dangerous when he plays.

SJM
04-05-2016, 10:48 PM
We set out for a draw with the bonus of snatching a goal and got rumbled. Not good enough. Cummings should have scored with his lob though and why nobody gambled when stokes hit a free kick perfectly is criminal.

Ozyhibby
04-05-2016, 10:51 PM
We were by far the better team but we can't score goals and we got hit by the sucker punch again.
It's an old movie I'm getting tired watching.

dmc1875
04-05-2016, 10:53 PM

This. Why change? Gunnarsson scores twice in three games and plays well yet gets dropped? Boyle offers a different option giving us an inter changing front three? McGinn is the one midfielder that was obvious was knackered and needed a rest?

Stubbs to blame tonight.

Dashing Bob S
04-05-2016, 10:54 PM
We were by far the better team but we can't score goals and we got hit by the sucker punch again.

I think we're all bored ****less with that one.

paddy1875
04-05-2016, 10:57 PM
We were by far the better team but we can't score goals and we got hit by the sucker punch again. It's an old movie I'm getting tired watching. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry mate, but we were not the better team tonight. Once again we huff and puff and create next to nothing. Raith got the goal and that's all that matters. Both teams were as gash as each other and once against its always us left thinking 'why can't we do that?'

SeanWilson
04-05-2016, 11:03 PM
Sorry mate, but we were not the better team tonight. Once again we huff and puff and create next to nothing. Raith got the goal and that's all that matters. Both teams were as gash as each other and once against its always us left thinking 'why can't we do that?'

If it was a competition on who was slightly less rubbish, I think we edged it.... :greengrin

Stokes, Cummings and Henderson all should have scored in what was an absolutely torrid night to forget. Raith scored from a dreadfully defended set piece, other than that, they were definitely worse than us.

Heisenberg
04-05-2016, 11:05 PM
I'm getting sick of seeing the same old story happen time and time again under Alan Stubbs. There's only so many times we can be unlucky, or the officials can be awful, or the pitch can be dreadful.....

Take some responsibility Alan and actually get this team winning games that matter.

kaimendhibs
04-05-2016, 11:11 PM
As soon as i saw the team i said to my mates there was no flair or creativity. We were set up not to lose, byt still did

paddy1875
04-05-2016, 11:18 PM
If it was a competition on who was slightly less rubbish, I think we edged it.... :greengrin Stokes, Cummings and Henderson all should have scored in what was an absolutely torrid night to forget. Raith scored from a dreadfully defended set piece, other than that, they were definitely worse than us. Ok I agree. We looked a bawhair better Tonight just didn't look right to me, normally we get pass pass pass pass pass pass pass (should've shot) pass pass shot (should've passed). We looked scared tonight from the word go. Like we were playing for a draw. That's a dangerous game for any team, especially hibs. I'm getting married on Saturday at 2! I wanted it signed sealed delivered so I could enjoy my day! Now I'm going to look like Renton getting off the gear in a kilt on Saturday

SeanWilson
04-05-2016, 11:20 PM
Ok I agree. We looked a bawhair better Tonight just didn't look right to me, normally we get pass pass pass pass pass pass pass (should've shot) pass pass shot (should've passed). We looked scared tonight from the word go. Like we were playing for a draw. That's a dangerous game for any team, especially hibs. I'm getting married on Saturday at 2! I wanted it signed sealed delivered so I could enjoy my day! Now I'm going to look like Renton getting off the gear in a kilt on Saturday

:greengrin don't envy you mate!

Hi Heid Yin
04-05-2016, 11:22 PM
I'm getting sick of seeing the same old story happen time and time again under Alan Stubbs. There's only so many times we can be unlucky, or the officials can be awful, or the pitch can be dreaful.....

Take some responsibility Alan and actually get this team winning games that matter.

:agree::agree::agree::agree:

paddy1875
04-05-2016, 11:32 PM
:greengrin don't envy you mate!

I could be the most miserable man in Edinburgh come 2:30 Saturday afternoon.

Please hibs, soften the blow by turning it around

Hibeesmad
05-05-2016, 12:08 AM
This could be the wake up call we have needed. Stubbs now knows that we need goals. This is our opportunity to turn things around, get some confidence and go out to a roaring Easter Road next Tuesday against Falkirk!

Hermit Crab
05-05-2016, 01:55 AM
McGinn has been knackered for weeks and should have sat out the game tonight and Saturday coming. Cummings again poor and yet another one on one missed. Stokes was poor, too greedy. Fontaine, ropey again and just launches the ball aimlessly up the park. The rest of the team were not much better. Stubbs got it wrong. Who sets up for a draw at raith rovers? That tie should have been over by halftime. His lack of vision to counteract raiths subs is worrying - not for the first time this season. It looks like our team may lose a few key players in the summer and Stubbs or whoever the manager may be will have a massive job to get that bunch of misfits promoted.

Stubbs blamed the pitch for our defeat but it was the same for both teams. Also had a go at officials. Never mind moaning about that just get it sorted. Hibs are lucky there's a cup final coming up or there would be a record low of season tickets holders next season.

What we are paying for and what we are getting is just not value for money.

givescotlandfreedom
05-05-2016, 03:58 AM
We dominated and seemed to control the game but were typically shot shy and didn't make much of our possession. Raith took one of their couple of chances. Extremely frustrating but we've seen it many times since we went down.

givescotlandfreedom
05-05-2016, 04:09 AM
As soon as i saw the team i said to my mates there was no flair or creativity. We were set up not to lose, byt still did

You did indeed and we're sadly right. The wrong players to get a much needed win.

225-EasterRd
05-05-2016, 05:10 AM
I'm getting sick of seeing the same old story happen time and time again under Alan Stubbs. There's only so many times we can be unlucky, or the officials can be awful, or the pitch can be dreadful.....

Agree 100%, In my opinion wrong team, wrong tactics, same old outcome, same old post match excuses. Cant remember their keeper having a save to make!!!!!!!!!!

QMU-1875
05-05-2016, 05:40 AM
We dominated without creating enough clear cut chances aka the story of our whole season. We were always in danger of conceeding despite raith offering next to nothing.

fife hfc
05-05-2016, 05:41 AM
If Cummings had scored the sitter it was a different game.

I felt fairly comfortable until they scored but after that I felt we'd concede again

Exactly how I felt and saw the game. Very comfortable until then.

QMU-1875
05-05-2016, 05:41 AM
Agree 100%, In my opinion wrong team, wrong tactics, same old outcome, same old post match excuses. Cant remember their keeper having a save to make!!!!!!!!!!

Then you have an awful memory. First half the keeper made a couple of great saves.

Libby Hibby
05-05-2016, 06:10 AM

The better team won. Football is as simple as that.

theonlywayisup
05-05-2016, 06:46 AM
Don't believe the comments that Stubbs played a team not to lose. We had chance after chance, but all missed - it was our season in one game. Had we scored any one of the early chances, we would have won 3 or 4 nil. If one or two of them went in, we would all be claiming the Stubbs got it right.

I hate the term "we dominated the game", but in the first half we did. We had so many chances to score, but either good goalkeeping, bad misses or poor final ball resulted in the lack of goals. For Raith, until they scored which came out of nothing, they looked like a team playing for 0-0.

My problem with the game is that by now, you would have thought that any decent manager would have worked out that Hibs struggle to play against the teams that sit back and wait for us to break them down and aim to capitalise on our mistakes. We've really struggled against teams like Falkirk, Raith, Queen of the South, Dumbarton, Morton, Alloa, Livingston etc. In fact the whole league, apart from The Rangers and Hertz last season, have figured out how to play Hibs. By now Stubbs should have a Plan B or even a Plan C.

And another worry is the lack of subs. After 40 minutes in the first half, I was saying that we need to make a sub. We didn't need three at the back and we didn't need Bartley and Fyvie in midfield.

And McGinn, super John McGinn, what's happened to the lad. Apart from the odd glimpse, he's been very poor since the start of 2016. I recall thinking at the League Cup Semi that he'd been poor up to that game but played very well against Saints. But apart from that game and the games against Hearts and The Rangers, he's been a shadow of the player at the start of the season. Not getting at McGinn, as you would have expected that Stubbs would have dropped him for a few games to rest him.

And Boyle and Gunnarson, what do they have to do to get a game?

For me, the person to blame for last night is Alan Stubbs.

KeithTheHibby
05-05-2016, 07:29 AM

After 15 minutes of the second half I thought it was only a matter of time before we scored.
Hey ho opposition manager makes changes, we don't and they win.

TrinityHibs
05-05-2016, 07:57 AM
I thought we did enough to win last night. Cummings miss was a shocker and took the edge of the game for a bit again but its not the first time he has failed with a one on one with the goalie. Fontaine was very poor lacking composure and just lumping the ball however not a great problem as McGregor and Hanlon dealt with everything other than the goal. Bartley was put in to cover the hammer throwers and was reasonably effective but why he let that ball run out for a throw in I will never understand. 2 very strong shouts for a penalty the push on Stokes and the handball. McGinn is looking tired but was the only creative player in the team and his ball to Cummings was class. I thought Stevenson played well continually getting beyond the defender and the cross at the death should have been buried if Keatings or Stokes had actually shown any interest in getting forward.

Heisenberg
05-05-2016, 07:58 AM
Fontaine was mince vs Queens and should have been nowhere near the team last night. The guy is finished.

staunchhibby
05-05-2016, 08:01 AM
Raith will pack there double deck bus on the pitch on saturday.No doubt about that.

matty_f
05-05-2016, 08:10 AM
There is no way we set up for a draw last night. That's just outright bollocks.

Aldo
05-05-2016, 08:18 AM
McGinn has been knackered for weeks and should have sat out the game tonight and Saturday coming. Cummings again poor and yet another one on one missed. Stokes was poor, too greedy. Fontaine, ropey again and just launches the ball aimlessly up the park. The rest of the team were not much better. Stubbs got it wrong. Who sets up for a draw at raith rovers? That tie should have been over by halftime. His lack of vision to counteract raiths subs is worrying - not for the first time this season. It looks like our team may lose a few key players in the summer and Stubbs or whoever the manager may be will have a massive job to get that bunch of misfits promoted. Stubbs blamed the pitch for our defeat but it was the same for both teams. Also had a go at officials. Never mind moaning about that just get it sorted. Hibs are lucky there's a cup final coming up or there would be a record low of season tickets holders next season. What we are paying for and what we are getting is just not value for money.

HC I totally disagree with you about Stokes. He seemed hungry for the ball and once he got it there were little or no runners for him. When Keatings came on and Stokes got hold of the ball Keatings made some excellent runs off the last defender.

Stokes isn't the issue here IMHO it's those around him and by this I mean Cummings.

SJM
05-05-2016, 08:20 AM

Then why did we play five in midfield that contained two holding defensive midfielders and proceeded to play punt the ball up the pitch most the night?

flash
05-05-2016, 08:21 AM
We should have won last night.
If we can't beat a team of their mediocrity over two games it will join the Malmo game and Hertz final in our list of worst ever results.
That's how serious things are.

Bobby's Cinema
05-05-2016, 08:21 AM
5-10 minutes prior to the goal you could feel a lull in the game. Our play was dying out you could sense it. Alan couldn't and that is a problem. His opposite number did and they won the game.

matty_f
05-05-2016, 08:25 AM
Then why did we play five in midfield that contained two holding defensive midfielders and proceeded to play punt the ball up the pitch most the night?

Did you see what happened when the players tried running with the ball?

The conditions weren't suited to having a Boyle on the wing, and IMHO we needed physical players in the middle to face up to a very physical Raith team.

Our best chance of the night came from a ball over the top to Cummings.

andy1875
05-05-2016, 08:25 AM
5-10 minutes prior to the goal you could feel a lull in the game. Our play was dying out you could sense it. Alan couldn't and that is a problem. His opposite number did and they won the game.

There was a lull in our game from the first minute. We didnt start the game well at all and that slow tempo ran throughoht the match until the last ball was kicked.

As ive said in another thread, the whole team looked sluggish imo.

Are we now running on complete empty? Im beginning to fear so.

Bobby's Cinema
05-05-2016, 08:26 AM
There was a lull in our game from the first minute. We didnt start the game well at all and that slow tempo ran throughoht the match until the last ball was kicked.

As ive said in another thread, the whole team looked sluggish imo.

Are we now running on complete empty? Im beginning to fear so.
Correct it might well have been fatal finishing third.

SJM
05-05-2016, 08:28 AM
Did you see what happened when the players tried running with the ball?

The conditions weren't suited to having a Boyle on the wing, and IMHO we needed physical players in the middle to face up to a very physical Raith team.

Our best chance of the night came from a ball over the top to Cummings.

The ball over the top was a delightful pass from McGinn, one of very little. I thought we set out for a scrap and to possibly nick a goal. The line up of Bartley and Fyvie kind of reflected this. IMO.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-05-2016, 10:25 AM
Raith = Crap
Hibs = Crap
Pitch = Crap
Officials = Crap

That about sums last night up methinks.

ben johnson
05-05-2016, 11:11 AM
Raith = Crap
Hibs = Crap
Pitch = Crap
Officials = Crap

That about sums last night up methinks.

The anticipation or even the desire to get on the end of LS ball that was rolled right along the six yard line , Crap

GreenArmyyy!
05-05-2016, 11:18 AM

Couldn't have put it any better myself.

GreenArmyyy!
05-05-2016, 11:20 AM

I agree, I think we did set out for a draw last night.

Biggest difference last night between the teams was that Ray McKinnon was proactive with changes to win the game and Stubbs was only reactive when we went behind.

SJM
05-05-2016, 11:23 AM
I agree, I think we did set out for a draw last night.

Biggest difference last night between the teams was that Ray McKinnon was proactive with changes to win the game and Stubbs was only reactive when we went behind.

Yep, the mark of a good, experienced manager. :agree: There's been so many games when similar was needed, most importantly the cup final. Everyone can see it needs changed, why can't the manager?

kaimendhibs
05-05-2016, 11:53 AM

No its not.

dangermouse
05-05-2016, 12:27 PM
Hibs could still be at Starks Park long after the lights went out playing on against an empty goal ad we would still be waiting on a goal. Last night was the worst game of football I've seen in ages and that includes City v Cove Rangers last weekend!

BoomtownHibees
05-05-2016, 12:29 PM

There's certainly no way we setup to go at them from the off and play with the pace and intensity that would have won us the game.

MWHIBBIES
05-05-2016, 01:34 PM
Fontaine was mince vs Queens and should have been nowhere near the team last night. The guy is finished.:faf: got that from 2 games did you?

MWHIBBIES
05-05-2016, 01:35 PM
There's certainly no way we setup to go at them from the off and play with the pace and intensity that would have won us the game.You have no idea if it would have won us anything.

BoomtownHibees
05-05-2016, 01:40 PM
You have no idea if it would have won us anything.

It would have given us a better chance of winning the game

MWHIBBIES
05-05-2016, 02:09 PM
It would have given us a better chance of winning the gameMaybe, maybe not. Impossible to tell really.

Hermit Crab
05-05-2016, 09:06 PM
HC I totally disagree with you about Stokes. He seemed hungry for the ball and once he got it there were little or no runners for him. When Keatings came on and Stokes got hold of the ball Keatings made some excellent runs off the last defender.

Stokes isn't the issue here IMHO it's those around him and by this I mean Cummings.

Careful now, you'll get the JC sympathisers along any minute to justify him and before long you'll be labelled a yam too. :rolleyes:

Heisenberg
05-05-2016, 09:08 PM
:faf: got that from 2 games did you?

Got that from this whole season. Guys a donkey.

MWHIBBIES
05-05-2016, 09:30 PM
Got that from this whole season. Guys a donkey.He has been pretty solid this season, not a donkey and certainly not ''finished''.

hibs69
05-05-2016, 09:33 PM
Yep, the mark of a good, experienced manager. :agree: There's been so many games when similar was needed, most importantly the cup final. Everyone can see it needs changed, why can't the manager?

Most people around us were too pished to physically stand up, never mind see at the Cup Final.

essexhibee
05-05-2016, 09:44 PM
Fonts isn't finished IMO but can't argue the fact he was ***** yesterday.