PDA

View Full Version : Sacking Stubbs

Torto7062
04-05-2016, 09:44 PM
So if we fail in the play offs and the cup final (which we won't)

Who should replace Stubbs?

and for what it's worth I reckon he will go himself if he fails on one or both attempts

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sas_The_Hibby
04-05-2016, 09:46 PM
He won't go himself if he gets promotion but loses the Cup Final - why would he?

04-05-2016, 09:50 PM
Regardless of the outcome of the next few weeks I don't expect AS to be in our dug out next season.
No insider knowledge.....Just a hunch. I've always felt that he came with a plan to give us two season and then move on.
When you look around the clubs that appoint first time managers that feels about the shelf life.
Add to that his family still live down south.

If he lands promotion and the Scottish Cup he'd go with my blessing. And I hope that this is the outcome.

Thecat23
04-05-2016, 09:52 PM
If we lost both, the pressure is on the board and not many can blame them.

But hopefully we aren't worrying about this and celebrating instead.

Stokesy's on fire
04-05-2016, 09:54 PM

and for what it's worth I reckon he will go himself if he fails on one or both attempts

Kenny jackett

Ozyhibby
04-05-2016, 09:54 PM
He can't get them scoring goals. And the problem is getting worse not better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thecat23
04-05-2016, 09:55 PM
Kenny jackett

I'd rather give it to my jacket.

MWHIBBIES
04-05-2016, 09:56 PM
Should go if we dont go up regardless of the cup final result. We need promotion and he wont have delivered it.

chrisski33
04-05-2016, 09:57 PM
Id sack the strikinh coaches to start with. Cant believe torto saying we wont fail in the playoffs or cup final as in seeing that we are so far!

Waxy
04-05-2016, 09:58 PM
I blame the players. The strikers to be more precise.whats our conversion rate? It seriously must be among the worst in world football for chances to goals. Blame who you like but this has to be the cause. Shooting practice this friday guys.

Stokesy's on fire
04-05-2016, 09:59 PM

Is it a boss jackett?

ChicagoHibee
04-05-2016, 10:00 PM

Terry Butcher

Thecat23
04-05-2016, 10:00 PM
Is it a boss jackett?

It is actually 😂

MWHIBBIES
04-05-2016, 10:03 PM
Kenny jackettHe isn't going to leave a far bigger club in Wolves to come to Hibs. Steve Cotterill far more likely for example.

Big L
04-05-2016, 10:06 PM
I would like to see Neil Warnock get the job, he's only with Rotherham till the end of this season.

hibee_girl
04-05-2016, 10:07 PM
I would like to see Neil Warnock get the job, he's only with Rotherham till the end of this season.

Sure I read somewhere his wife is ill so I doubt he'd come up here

MWHIBBIES
04-05-2016, 10:07 PM
I would like to see Neil Warnock get the job, he's only with Rotherham till the end of this season.Not gonna move down to Scotland, more chance of him retiring I think, his wife is very unwell iirc.

Torto7062
04-05-2016, 10:17 PM
Id sack the strikinh coaches to start with. Cant believe torto saying we wont fail in the playoffs or cup final as in seeing that we are so far!
I fancy us for the final mate not the play offs

Hi Heid Yin
04-05-2016, 10:20 PM
Not gonna move down to Scotland, more chance of him retiring I think, his wife is very unwell iirc.

Is he in Iceland or Greenland?:greengrin

MWHIBBIES
04-05-2016, 10:28 PM
Is he in Iceland or Greenland?:greengrin:greengrin Been a long night...

Nicho87
04-05-2016, 10:30 PM
Could do worse than ray mckinnon.

Dunbar Hibee
04-05-2016, 10:49 PM

Holy ****.

ehf
04-05-2016, 10:54 PM

My Morning Jacket could do a better job.

Hi Heid Yin
04-05-2016, 10:59 PM
:greengrin Been a long night...

:wink:

Thecat23
04-05-2016, 11:01 PM
My Morning Jacket could do a better job.

But can your morning jacket handle night games?

Diclonius
04-05-2016, 11:05 PM
I'm sold on Stuart McCall.

hibsdaft
04-05-2016, 11:06 PM
ridiculous chat. folk in football do read message boards you know.

ehf
04-05-2016, 11:07 PM
But can your morning jacket handle night games?

To be fair, it's best At Dawn.

Dunbar Hibee
04-05-2016, 11:08 PM
Neil ****ing Warnock.😂

madhatter
04-05-2016, 11:11 PM
Pretty sure he'll walk or be shown the door if we fail all of our objectives again.

Leeann will undo a lot of her work of getting fans back on board by keeping him through abject failure. Even that has been a failure tbh as we need a club going forward on the pitch and they seem unable to do this still.

build a good team, stop looking for big name individuals. Hearts and Rangers had teams built to function properly. We've got good players thrown on a pitch in the hope they function properly. No pace again. No guile again. Things missing from Hibs for years and nobody has sorted it.

Players at Falkirk and Raith are on par with ours because they have more physicality to their game but more importantly they function as a team.

SJM
04-05-2016, 11:12 PM
Neil ****ing Warnock.😂

Great manager. Wouldn't touch Scottish football.

I would go Mcleish should he want to come back if we **** up both playoffs and final. Win either keep Stubbs and let him build. Mcleish would get us out this league though and that's what we need.

SteveHFC
04-05-2016, 11:44 PM
McLeish or McCall.

JC94
05-05-2016, 12:06 AM
Billy Davies, Keith Hill or Darrell Clarke for me. All 3 would be a good replacement for Stubbs

madhatter
05-05-2016, 06:59 AM
I'd go foreign if the foreseeable does happen. The ex-Hibs connection has never really worked for us. Not when you look at the ratio and stats. The inexperienced manager has never really worked either - Stubbs is looking like being testament to that.

Paloschi
05-05-2016, 07:12 AM
Chris Powell would be an excellent fit

Paloschi
05-05-2016, 07:12 AM
Or Jackie McNamara

matty_f
05-05-2016, 07:14 AM
Or Jackie McNamara

Senior?

Jones28
05-05-2016, 07:38 AM
Stubbs won't go if we get promoted IMO, in fact I think he'd stay if we didn't go up. We were cruising in second place and pushing Rangers until March. A horrendous collapse combined with players all loosing form at the same time is to blame for me, though Stubbs continually playing Stokes and Cummings together when it's clear they don't work is baffling.

madhatter
05-05-2016, 07:45 AM
Stubbs won't go if we get promoted IMO, in fact I think he'd stay if we didn't go up. We were cruising in second place and pushing Rangers until March. A horrendous collapse combined with players all loosing form at the same time is to blame for me, though Stubbs continually playing Stokes and Cummings together when it's clear they don't work is baffling.

If he stays and we remain down, the club are an abject failure and will have cemented us as a championship side that has occasional stints in the top league.

Problem at Hibs has been accepting failure and Leeann was supposed to change this. 2 years in this league is failure. We need out of this league and if we don't go up this season I have 0 faith in Stubbs to deliver next season. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. Stubbs persists with diamond in midfield or 352 and teams find it easy to defend against as we have no pace and width. He has persisted with this for 2 seasons, if we stay down, why on earth would we give him a third try?

Paloschi
05-05-2016, 07:51 AM
Senior?

No Junior. Young Manager that got Partick out of this division. Was doing a fine job at United until their Chairman sold all their players and give him nothing to work with.

mmmmhibby
05-05-2016, 07:55 AM
Or Jackie McNamara

good shout.

SJM
05-05-2016, 07:56 AM
No Junior. Young Manager that got Partick out of this division. Was doing a fine job at United until their Chairman sold all their players and give him nothing to work with.

He didn't get Patrick out the division and they actually where seen as a soft touch away from home.

Paloschi
05-05-2016, 07:59 AM
He didn't get Patrick out the division and they actually where seen as a soft touch away from home.

Apologies, it was Archibald that got them promoted. McNamara left for United after finishing second :aok::aok:

SJM
05-05-2016, 08:00 AM
Apologies, it was Archibald that got them promoted. McNamara left for United after finishing second :aok::aok:

Aye, he built a good side who where a shambles when he went in. Don't think he is what we need just now but I see your point :)

Torto7062
05-05-2016, 09:42 AM
:greengrin Been a long night...
[emoji23] [emoji23]

HappyHanlon
05-05-2016, 11:09 AM
Mowbray :greengrin

SJM
05-05-2016, 11:16 AM
I wonder if Malky McKay would be interested. Gateway to Celtic if he's a success and all that.

Phil MaGlass
05-05-2016, 11:16 AM
Gordon Strachan.

500miles
05-05-2016, 11:26 AM
It was a good season until we started to struggle with the congested fixture list, resulting in a horrendous month.

Sacking Stubbs would be chucking out the baby with the bathwater.

Onion
05-05-2016, 11:29 AM
Everyone talking about 2 seasons in this league, but no one in their right mind could have expected Stubbs to get us promoted in year 1. And the first half of this season was Ok. It's been the disturbing collapse since Xmas and Stubbs inability to address it that's the problem. IMO, fail on Sat and the season and probably Stubbs career with Hibs is over. You could almost forget the Cup Final, the club will be in disarray again with players contemplating their futures and wanting/having to leave the club.

theonlywayisup
05-05-2016, 11:33 AM
I'm convinced that the only way Alan Stubbs will be at ER next season is if we get promotion. I think he'll walk if we don't get promotion, irrespective of how we do in the cup final. He will not want a third year in the Championship and neither should we want a manager that's failed twice to get us out.

Promotion from a league that has Dundee United, St Mirren, Queen of the South, Dunfermline, Morton plus perm any two from Falkirk, Raith & the SPL play-off team (likely to be Killie), plus away trips to Dumbarton and maybe Stranraer or Ayr will not be easy, nor appealing to watch.

SJM
05-05-2016, 11:35 AM
Everyone talking about 2 seasons in this league, but no one in their right mind could have expected Stubbs to get us promoted in year 1. And the first half of this season was Ok. It's been the disturbing collapse since Xmas and Stubbs inability to address it that's the problem. IMO, fail on Sat and the season and probably Stubbs career with Hibs is over. You could almost forget the Cup Final, the club will be in disarray again with players contemplating their futures and wanting/having to leave the club.

Why couldn't we expect to go up last year with the second highest budget in the league with McCoist's huns in the league? I expected us to go up, never mind this season. Drawing with ***** like Livi and scraping past them 2-1 after that, the same Livi who got scudded 5-2 off Stranraer last night. Stranraer of League 2 miles behind Dunfermline.

madhatter
05-05-2016, 11:37 AM

Why shouldn't we have won the league in his first season?

Kaiserclem
05-05-2016, 11:37 AM

Absolutely spot on IMO. It is failure if we do not go up, a cup final win would be epic but the league is our bread and butter. Next season's champion ship will be a lot harder than any we have seen before so we are in massive trouble if we do not go up. I wonder what Leeann Dempster and George Craig's thought's are when they see lack of changes and substitutions on a weekly basis hhmmmmm

rcarter1
05-05-2016, 11:39 AM
Regardless of the outcome of the next few weeks I don't expect AS to be in our dug out next season.
No insider knowledge.....Just a hunch. I've always felt that he came with a plan to give us two season and then move on.
When you look around the clubs that appoint first time managers that feels about the shelf life.
Add to that his family still live down south.

If he lands promotion and the Scottish Cup he'd go with my blessing. And I hope that this is the outcome.

I agree. From AS perspective, he has had the opportunity to cut his teeth for two years at senior management level. He has done some good things, and brought in a good standard of player, but has - if he is honest - made a lot of mistakes, and has failed to get a consistent level of performance in the league - particularly in the scoring goals department. It would make sense for him to walk away - regardless of the outcome of the season, to look for a fresh start (and hopefully for him with lessons learned). I also think the club could do with a fresh approach to managerial appointment. Looking for a steady experienced candidate who has seen it all and with a decent track record. We should also be mindful to avoid bombscares like Butcher/Caldwell, and Anti-football experts like Fenlon. Surely our long serving board have learned how to see the warning signs. Oh, and for pete sake, don't listen to a tip from Craig Levein - one of his principle ambitions is for our club to be dead and buried (Levein was rumoured to have recommended Fenlon to us?)

Finally, given the loss of income attributable to falling attendances this decade, might it be worth investing that little bit more in a manager with a bit of pedigree? Is the time for the cheap gamble now over? (I don't include Butcher in the cheap gamble, I think this was just one of those mistakes that blind sighted most of us - including me).

In the meantime, I wish the lads all the luck in the world on Saturday and for any further matches this season. A bit of luck wouldn't go amiss.

theonlywayisup
05-05-2016, 11:39 AM
Neil ****ing Warnock.

Great manager. Wouldn't touch Scottish football.

Neil Warnock has a house near Dunoon and is often up for holidays/long weekends. Who's to say he would mind a final job in Scotland.

SJM
05-05-2016, 11:42 AM
Neil Warnock has a house near Dunoon and is often up for holidays/long weekends. Who's to say he would mind a final job in Scotland.

If that's the case I would take him any day of the week.

Onion
05-05-2016, 11:43 AM
Why couldn't we expect to go up last year with the second highest budget in the league with McCoist's huns in the league? I expected us to go up, never mind this season. Drawing with ***** like Livi and scraping past them 2-1 after that, the same Livi who got scudded 5-2 off Stranraer last night. Stranraer of League 2 miles behind Dunfermline.

Simple. If Stubbs had got Hibs promoted in his first year at Hibs he would have been lauded as a miracle worker and would already be at Celtic or managing in the EPL. He did a tremendous job in his first season at Hibs.

SJM
05-05-2016, 11:46 AM
Simple. If Stubbs had got Hibs promoted in his first year at Hibs he would have been lauded as a miracle worker and would already be at Celtic or managing in the EPL. He did a tremendous job in his first season at Hibs.

How do you get that? Neilson in his first season took hertz up. We lost in the playoffs, when it mattered to a ***** Rangers side and lost in the Semi final of the Scottish to Falkirk who finished 5th in our league. I'm not sure how you can say that was "tremendous" to be honest although it was still better in league terms than this season.

BoomtownHibees
05-05-2016, 11:47 AM

"Tremendous" Wow

Winston Ingram
05-05-2016, 11:48 AM

No one would have predicted Stubbs the day Butcher was emptied. We're not in the market for an Ancelotti, Guardiola, Mourinho etc and there are 100's of qualified, experienced managers available. Probably alot more so than than Stubbs was when he got the job. 1 thing is for sure, we'll have stacks of quality applicants.

The facts are he's made a dogs dinner of both league campaigns, the worst crime being he's clearly not learnt from last year and is still making the same mistakes.

Onion
05-05-2016, 11:56 AM
How do you get that? Neilson in his first season took hertz up. We lost in the playoffs, when it mattered to a ***** Rangers side and lost in the Semi final of the Scottish to Falkirk who finished 5th in our league. I'm not sure how you can say that was "tremendous" to be honest although it was still better in league terms than this season.

The infrastructure was in place at Hearts. Hibs were in a complete mess, with Stubbs given a few weeks to build a squad from nothing after Butcher ripped the soul out of the club. Stubbs did an amazing job in year 1 and up until Xmas. That's why he was strongly linked to the Celtic job. Anyway, enough of the history lessons ...

hibee_nation
05-05-2016, 12:00 PM

Yep he is often up here, whether he wants work is another thing.

mcfly
05-05-2016, 12:00 PM
good shout.

Having a laugh Jackie macnamara no chance. He got 2 clubs relegated in the same season.

It's crazy the folk on here comments. Can we no longer be promoted? No
Have some fans given up - yes
Is this the same loyal fans moaning about loyal season ticket holders getting 2 cup final tickets - yes

Get a grip and get behind the team

Post mortems on the season can be done after its all over and not before - negativity helps no one

SJM
05-05-2016, 12:06 PM
The infrastructure was in place at Hearts. Hibs were in a complete mess, with Stubbs given a few weeks to build a squad from nothing after Butcher ripped the soul out of the club. Stubbs did an amazing job in year 1 and up until Xmas. That's why he was strongly linked to the Celtic job. Anyway, enough of the history lessons ...

Thats just excuses. Hearts brought in loads of players like Alexander, Sow, Ozturk, Keattings, Gomis, Buaben, Pollardo and had to put them all together. Both clubs brought in just as much first team players in fact Neilson came in a whole month prior to Stubbs. Hearts had just been relegated and where a mess too.

He didn't do amazing, he achieved nothing and failed to get us through a playoff tie. This season was when the excuses stop and we kick on to promotion, that's hanging by a thread now having lost the first leg to Raith Rovers having finished 3rd behind bloody Falkirk.

There always seems to be an excuse of some sort "Hearts had infrastructure in place, can't compete with that" "Rangers got McCall in and got a boost" "Rangers with their new manager we shouldn't expect to compete" "cup runs have jaded our players" it's never ending. I just want one time to go our way after getting gradually worse every single year since the league cup win, in fact we got worse that season too after the win.

Thecat23
05-05-2016, 12:10 PM
Thats just excuses. Hearts brought in loads of players like Alexander, Sow, Ozturk, Keattings, Gomis, Buaben, Pollardo and had to put them all together. Both clubs brought in just as much first team players in fact Neilson came in a whole month prior to Stubbs. Hearts had just been relegated and where a mess too.

He didn't do amazing, he achieved nothing and failed to get us through a playoff tie. This season was when the excuses stop and we kick on to promotion, that's hanging by a thread now having lost the first leg to Raith Rovers having finished 3rd behind bloody Falkirk.

There always seems to be an excuse of some sort "Hearts had infrastructure in place, can't compete with that" "Rangers got McCall in and got a boost" "Rangers with their new manager we shouldn't expect to compete" "cup runs have jaded our players" it's never ending. I just want one time to go our way after getting gradually worse every single year since the league cup win, in fact we got worse that season too after the win.

They had a spine to the team from the season before though. We had 4 registered players ffs 5 weeks before our season started. That's not an excuse that's facts. Hearts were better prepared the first season no doubt about it.

This season though If we don't go up then it's simply not good enough.

SJM
05-05-2016, 12:14 PM
They had a spine to the team from the season before though. We had 4 registered players ffs 5 weeks before our season started. That's not an excuse that's facts. Hearts were better prepared the first season no doubt about it.

Who was in that spine? As I can see they brought in their goalie, best defender, left back, complete central midfield and their striker? Fair enough they had that weird looking right back and a couple of decent youngsters but I wouldn't call it a spine, better prepared there's no denying it but we finished miles and miles behind them, simply not good enough and far from being tremendous.

Agree about this season which has been even worse league wise than last season.

Sammy7nil
05-05-2016, 02:30 PM

How did he get on at York ?

JC94
05-05-2016, 07:25 PM

Rangers let 13 or more 1st team players go and didnt have a manager untill middle of June, yet they won the league with a month to spare. This is why we havent be successful, theirs always to many excuses to every failure we have. If we dont get promoted then Stubbs is a failure and he should be sacked.

bingo70
05-05-2016, 07:39 PM
I'd like mcleish or McCall.

If they're too ginger for the role I see Owen Coyle is coming under pressure, he could be an interesting possibility.

I've always wanted to go down the foreign route however I think we just need to get someone that'll get us up by hook or by crook.

Fwiw I don't think Stubbs will be here next season, wouldn't surprise me if his head was turned around the time our disastrous run started.

Do Bolton have a new manager yet?

GreenLake
05-05-2016, 09:36 PM
Robbie Keane player coach. Seriously motivated to score and win. Might want to join the original Irish club. :greengrin

ALF TUPPER
05-05-2016, 09:57 PM
Any chance we can support the guy for the next 6 games or 2 games. Whatever it is?
We seem too quick to call for the managers head. Let's calm down a bit eh? I think he'll be here next season anyway.

😊 GGTTH

cmcd
05-05-2016, 11:07 PM
Any chance we can support the guy for the next 6 games or 2 games. Whatever it is?
We seem too quick to call for the managers head. Let's calm down a bit eh? I think he'll be here next season anyway.

😊 GGTTH

Lots of people on here Think they know it all . I've said it before and I will say it again . The time to judge is at the END of the season Not now

Jones28
06-05-2016, 01:06 AM
If he stays and we remain down, the club are an abject failure and will have cemented us as a championship side that has occasional stints in the top league.

Problem at Hibs has been accepting failure and Leeann was supposed to change this. 2 years in this league is failure. We need out of this league and if we don't go up this season I have 0 faith in Stubbs to deliver next season. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. Stubbs persists with diamond in midfield or 352 and teams find it easy to defend against as we have no pace and width. He has persisted with this for 2 seasons, if we stay down, why on earth would we give him a third try?

Stubbs has shown how well he can do with this group of players. I have faith that if we don't go up this season (which I think we still have a good chance of doing) we would be virtually up by Christmas and then Stubbs gets a crack at a league in which this team and this club will thrive.

If the definition of insanity is doing things over and over and expecting a different outcome then what good is sacking another manager going to do?

In any case, who do we bring in? Ray Mckinnon? Jimmy Calderwood? Kenny Shiels?

Enough said
06-05-2016, 06:34 AM
Everyone talking about 2 seasons in this league, but no one in their right mind could have expected Stubbs to get us promoted in year 1. And the first half of this season was Ok. It's been the disturbing collapse since Xmas and Stubbs inability to address it that's the problem. IMO, fail on Sat and the season and probably Stubbs career with Hibs is over. You could almost forget the Cup Final, the club will be in disarray again with players contemplating their futures and wanting/having to leave the club.this

madhatter
06-05-2016, 07:04 AM
Stubbs has shown how well he can do with this group of players. I have faith that if we don't go up this season (which I think we still have a good chance of doing) we would be virtually up by Christmas and then Stubbs gets a crack at a league in which this team and this club will thrive.

If the definition of insanity is doing things over and over and expecting a different outcome then what good is sacking another manager going to do?

In any case, who do we bring in? Ray Mckinnon? Jimmy Calderwood? Kenny Shiels?

Sorry but 3 years in this league is a horrendous record and with the players we have, Stubbs' win ratio should be 70+ and it isn't

Hibernian (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernian_F.C.)
24 June 2014
Present

22 loses is horrendous, no other way of putting it. In this league, we should not have such a record but we do. With potentially Falkirk, Raith, Dundee United, St Mirren, and all the lower bogey teams that we've managed to drop endless numbers of points to (Morton, Dumbarton, QoS) being in the league plus Dunfermline, I really can't comprehend how you think we would virtually be up by Christmas...we didn't even secure 2nd place so I can't fathom how next season we'd run away with the league?!?

We'd have a smaller budget because less ST holders again. We'd have players wanting to leave as it does their careers no favours being in this league. Stubbs never learns and persists with his 41212 (diamond) formation or a 352 variation with 2 wingbacks that either struggle to beat their man or struggle to cross. So, we would see a very similar formation but with lesser players. Can't see Fyvie, Cummings, McGinn, Hanlon (possibly), and others wanting another year in this league.

If we don't go up this season Stubbs will have failed badly and he is too stubborn for my liking now, his excuses are getting tiresome as well "pitch was bad", "can't believe we didn't win", "we should have had a penalty". His formations and tactics have played in to the hands of virtually every team in this league at some point this season. Slow pedantic buildup, lack of movement, no meaningful width, no pace - same as last season but he did nothing to rectify this.

Diclonius
06-05-2016, 07:11 AM
Robbie Keane player coach. Seriously motivated to score and win. Might want to join the original Irish club. :greengrin

It's been Robbie Keane's dream to play for and manage Hibs ever since he was a wee boy.

Captain Trips
06-05-2016, 08:02 AM
Stubbs is in a strange position not really seen at all with this cup final and being in the Championship.

He at start of tenure had a certain goal promotion with which there is totally black or white and pretty straight forward to understand.

If in Premier league then his goal will have been likely push for top 3. Now this could be argued as it has been on here many times what for us is acceptable. Winning the cup would be simply amazing however Stubbs for me cannot rest on that.

If we were in Premier League I would happily accept cup win with a poor league place but where does it end?

Would we have accepted Butcher staying on if he had won the cup but got us relegated?

Its same answer for me and thats no. After coming off cloud 9 the facts are we finished 3rd in this league and I cannot forget that.

Not getting out this league is for me as bad as getting us in it we should never have been in it and we should have been out it.

As it stands today we can still get out it and win the cup so I hope its a decision or argument we need never have.

SJM
06-05-2016, 08:32 AM
I would accept anyone who wins the cup to carry on the next season regardless. There will be nothing better as a football club than winning that cup and I'll be eternally grateful to whoever delivers it.

chippy
06-05-2016, 08:56 AM
If he wins the cup but not get promoted I'd give him another chance at promotion subject to a review by the Board as to the lessons learned and what approach will win the league next season. If the Board are impressed by that I would support him until around xmas and see where we are then. He has the basis of a very good team but with some player and tactical tweaks we could fly through next season.