PDA

View Full Version : Corners

HappyHanlon
04-05-2016, 09:34 PM
Do we practice these in training? Attacking and defending.

Does no one know how to take them? Always McGinn or Henderson and it's the same bloody outcome.

As for defending.....no wonder Logan was doing his dinger. Such a static defence.

NadeAteMyLunch!
04-05-2016, 09:36 PM
Think we had about 100. They got one and nearly scored then scored with the resulting one. It's actually ridiculous.

Sas_The_Hibby
04-05-2016, 09:49 PM
Beginning to think we don't practice anything, to be honest.

Certainly not shooting, crossing, throw ins or defending crosses.

darwenhibby
04-05-2016, 09:50 PM
We were that static the picture kept freezing on raith tv

steve75
04-05-2016, 09:55 PM
Beginning to think we don't practice anything, to be honest.

Certainly not shooting, crossing, throw ins or defending crosses.

Been saying that for a while. We never seem to have any sort of plays. Just a bunch of pretty good players winging it, which only gets you so far.

Even though they were largely pish, in the recent 2-2 game you could see exactly what Falkirk had worked on, they know what they are doing as a team.

SeanWilson
04-05-2016, 09:59 PM
I never expect us to score from a corner but always get the heeby jeebys every time the opposition gets a corner/set piece, been like that for as long as I remember!

I couldn't see clearly but looked like Logan came out and flapped as well!?

Billy Whizz
04-05-2016, 10:00 PM
I never expect us to score from a corner but always get the heeby jeebys every time the opposition gets a corner/set piece, been like that for as long as I remember!

I couldn't see clearly but looked like Logan came out and flapped as well!?

Was quite away from me too, but Logan was raging at the defence

SeanWilson
04-05-2016, 10:02 PM

Yeah, the only one animated while everyone else just shrugs shoulders and walks away. Getting tedious.

eastcoasthibby
04-05-2016, 10:10 PM
do we practise corners ? do we practise shooting ? do we practise finishing ? do we practise crossing ? do we practise marking our men in the box ?
what we must practise is being able to do lots of we tricks with the ball in keepy uppy ! and spinning passes to each other cos I see the subs doing them at half time every game !

slightly same but different note ... watching the warm up possession game the last 3-4 matches and especially tonight the pace, movement and control was terrible in my opinion no intensity full of wee fancy touches and so...which is something IMO that is taken into the game, same goes for the shooting practise !!

All in all what sort of training and coaching goes on at East Mains is it that or is that some of the players just think they need to turn up and not work for it or want it enough ???

hibbysam
04-05-2016, 10:23 PM

Came and got absolutely nowhere near it, and then went nuts at the markers.

snedzuk
04-05-2016, 11:00 PM
Raith scorer on the radio said he noticed the corner before no-one defended front post so thats where he went for the next one. If he can see that why cant we?

paddy1875
04-05-2016, 11:21 PM
Hibs defending corners is almost as bad as hibs taking a throw in

Unseen work
05-05-2016, 04:36 AM
Logan can moan at the defending for the corner all he wants but he was at fault

Came out and was in no man's land

Ronniekirk
05-05-2016, 07:55 AM
The one thing Butcher got right early doors was get us scoring from corners

Hanlon fontaine and mcgregor are all capable of dping that so it has to be something we aren't working on to go so long without it happening
Ironic given how easy it was for Raith and Houston exploited yet again crosses into box to get his team back in game at Easter Road in the 2. 2 game
If we don't go up that will be part of the reason as we haven't found a way to combat that effectively

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smartie
05-05-2016, 08:04 AM
McGinn put a few decent ones in last night. It was his free-kicks that were dreadful last night.

The best corner I've seen us take lately was Keatings late in the game iirc against Dumbarton. It might have led to Stokes' goal in that game. It was Zitelli-esque, hammered at pace on top of the keeper.

Another reason to have him in the side. Stick Fontaine on the keeper and have McGregor, Hanlon and Stokes pile in on it, with the number of corners we get we'd score a hatful.

Danderhall Hibs
05-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Came and got absolutely nowhere near it, and then went nuts at the markers.

That's what I thought at the time - not seen it on tv yet.

I thought I was wrong though with there not being a thread on here calling him out.

Danderhall Hibs
05-05-2016, 09:42 AM
McGinn put a few decent ones in last night. It was his free-kicks that were dreadful last night.

The best corner I've seen us take lately was Keatings late in the game iirc against Dumbarton. It might have led to Stokes' goal in that game. It was Zitelli-esque, hammered at pace on top of the keeper.

Another reason to have him in the side. Stick Fontaine on the keeper and have McGregor, Hanlon and Stokes pile in on it, with the number of corners we get we'd score a hatful.

I don't know why we have Bartley back helping Stevenson cover either, let Fyvie do that and get the big man in the mix.

Monts
05-05-2016, 09:55 AM
I think with our perpetual three games a week since february, we wont have been working on much at all on the training ground.

CockneyRebel
05-05-2016, 10:07 AM
[QUOTE=SeanWilson;4671234]I never expect us to score from a corner but always get the heeby jeebys every time the opposition gets a corner/set piece, been like that for as long as I remember!

This