PDA

View Full Version : The Raith Pitch

Real Emerald
04-05-2016, 09:33 PM
Not wanting to excuse the terrible performance tonight but have to say RR got the tactics right with everything including the pitch. They were worse than us tonight but made sure the pitch was a dried up tattie field making football virtually impossible. We again slipped up and gave them a goal with their only real chance.

IF Raith do go up, Scottish football is really dead on it's feet. I really don't know the answer though because that tonight was just Junior football and I don't want to disrespect Junior football by that. The Premiership is bad now but I fear it will get worse if this goes on. You really need to be like them to beat them but none of us want that. Just hope a decent pitch on Saturday will allow us to show our football and put them out. :confused:

darwenhibby
04-05-2016, 09:35 PM
They won't go up
The premiership team would take care of them
Us we can't take care of raith

Nicho87
04-05-2016, 09:36 PM
Hibs are gash. Bowling green or taghtie field.

Real Emerald
04-05-2016, 09:37 PM
They won't go up
The premiership team would take care of them
Us we can't take care of raith

As an aside my wife comes from Darwen :agree:

scotia44
04-05-2016, 09:42 PM
This team is good enough but the manager has played the same way all season with no idea of how to change when the game is slipping from us that's where we have failed not pitches not other clubs fault the situation lies at the managers door and ultimately LD door as she will need to make decisions soon as we are no closer to the premier league than we were last year which is a failure of the task he was brought in to do
Very disappointing

hibsboy69
04-05-2016, 09:43 PM
We play on a Tattie Field (and that's being disrespectful to Tattie Fields!) in our quest to go up to the elite league in Scotland.

Meanwhile Queens Park play Cowdenbeath on a billiard table surface at Hampden Park.

Scottish Football at its best ! :rolleyes:

Cod Boy
04-05-2016, 09:44 PM
It's the players on the pitch that is the problem.

GreenLake
04-05-2016, 09:45 PM
Pitches should be assigned to a third party contractor like tires are assigned to a manufacturer in F1. All pitches should be from the same turf and downlaid soil. Experts hired by the SPFL should install and maintain them. Clubs contribute the cost.

F*** this **** spectacle. Horrible hacking about games which vacillate between pin ball and an Easter egg chase.

Toldo123
04-05-2016, 09:45 PM
There has been times maybe not in recent reasons where our pitch has been in very poor shape. It is the same for both teams. Just get on with it!! fed up of excuses.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

darwenhibby
04-05-2016, 09:49 PM
As an aside my wife comes from Darwen :agree:
Been here long time RE
Probably know your wife's family
Pop in the greenfield if your ever down
Trying to convince folk it's a Hibs pub

jnr_hibee
04-05-2016, 09:51 PM
Usual mince from Stubbs on the radio; the ref, the pitch etc. At the end of the day its our fault. 16 shots on goal, if you can't take your chances you don't deserve to win games. Hibs should have been in home and hosed at half time minimum 3-0, not relying on half hearted pen / corner or throw in shouts with 10 minutes to go.

Still not convinced we actually have a centre forward either. Stokes holds left and jason usually about the 18 yard line. The ball across from Lewie at the end was crying out for an out an out number 9 to chuck himself at.

Real Emerald
04-05-2016, 09:51 PM
There has been times maybe not in recent reasons where our pitch has been in very poor shape. It is the same for both teams. Just get on with it!! fed up of excuses.

No it's not the same for both sides. Any team can defend in depth on an unplayable surface against good opposition and compete hoping for a break from a free kick or corner. We seem vulnerable to this tactic however. The point is, the pitch tonight in my view was not fit for football, still not excusing the performance by saying that but still a disgrace to think their tactics could see them promoted, yet another pish club going up. We really need to beat them well on Saturday.

Toldo123
04-05-2016, 09:53 PM
But at the end of the day it is pointless going on about it because we can't do anything about it. a good team will adapt to the conditions and find a way to win.

Real Emerald
04-05-2016, 09:55 PM
Been here long time RE
Probably know your wife's family
Pop in the greenfield if your ever down
Trying to convince folk it's a Hibs pub

There all gone from Darwen now, she was young when she moved up but the last time I was down it was the Cemetery Pub and Con club we went to for snooker. I'll maybe send you a PM and let her reminisce about her family times there (sometime). :greengrin

GreenLake
04-05-2016, 09:57 PM
It's the players on the pitch that is the problem.

No. MLS soccer has most players earning only $50000 a year and they play better football than SPFL or Championship. Hibs players would walk into non-designated player positions in the MLS and be glad for the chance to play without brutal hacking and fouling. I know because I watch both and the ball is on the ground much longer being passed, controlled and directed by less skillful players by and large. No pin ball and huddies hacking about at liberty with a free pass from idiot referees. There are plenty of plastic pitches too but at least they are perfectly flat. Refs are a bit suspect but never biased and poor decisions seem to be shared out evenly.

It is our dear beaks who decide the standard and style of our football and it sucks.

DavieB
04-05-2016, 10:00 PM
But at the end of the day it is pointless going on about it because we can't do anything about it. a good team will adapt to the conditions and find a way to win.

Couldn't agree more.................same old excuses being trotted out each week

darwenhibby
04-05-2016, 10:02 PM
There all gone from Darwen now, she was young when she moved up but the last time I was down it was the Cemetery Pub and Con club we went to for snooker. I'll maybe send you a PM and let her reminisce about her family times there (sometime). :greengrin
Cemetery pub gone
Top con gone also even the famous bowling green where the original east Lancashire Hibs used to watch games
But yeh grew up that side of town

Real Emerald
04-05-2016, 10:03 PM

A CLEVER team will win, but maybe not so much a good team if you get my drift :agree:

Toldo123
04-05-2016, 10:04 PM
A CLEVER team will win, but maybe not so much a good team if you get my drift :agree:
You are splitting hairs. A good team is a team that gets results. Full stop.

Danderhall Hibs
04-05-2016, 10:16 PM
I didn't think the pitch was that bad -although at times I thought the ball bounced higher than normal.

Having said that it didn't interfere too much, we played pretty much exactly the same way we have for the last 2 seasons.

Real Emerald
04-05-2016, 10:16 PM
You are splitting hairs. A good team is a team that gets results. Full stop.

I'm agreeing but still think the pitch was anti football and took any skill out the game but yes we should deal with it, the manager has to know what's coming. :dunno:

Toldo123
04-05-2016, 10:19 PM
I'm agreeing but still think the pitch was anti football and took any skill out the game but yes we should deal with it, the manager has to know what's coming. :dunno:
You are right and the majority of a team being able to adapt to conditions will come from the manager.

Is just so frustrating to hear the same old excuses being trotted out after poor results in big games. Hopefully we will get it right on Saturday!!

Real Emerald
04-05-2016, 10:21 PM
You are right and the majority of a team being able to adapt to conditions will come from the manager.

Is just so frustrating to hear the same old excuses being trotted out after poor results in big games. Hopefully we will get it right on Saturday!!

Hope so but it WILL be another very nail biting game, never easy with Hibs. :rolleyes:

calumhibee1
05-05-2016, 07:44 AM
No. MLS soccer has most players earning only $50000 a year and they play better football than SPFL or Championship. Hibs players would walk into non-designated player positions in the MLS and be glad for the chance to play without brutal hacking and fouling. I know because I watch both and the ball is on the ground much longer being passed, controlled and directed by less skillful players by and large. No pin ball and huddies hacking about at liberty with a free pass from idiot referees. There are plenty of plastic pitches too but at least they are perfectly flat. Refs are a bit suspect but never biased and poor decisions seem to be shared out evenly.

It is our dear beaks who decide the standard and style of our football and it sucks.

The standard of player in the MLS is streets ahead of our league. And I'm not talking about the likes of pirlo and gerrard