PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs the wrong appointment!

Green Blood
04-05-2016, 09:14 PM
Whatever happens over the coming weeks, Alan Stubbs is not the manager to make us the club we should be! Lightweight, one paced, terrible defence. This against poor opposition week in/week out. Let him see the season out and change him then irrespective of our final league position or cup final result.

Enough said
04-05-2016, 09:15 PM
Whatever happens over the coming weeks, Alan Stubbs is not the manager to make us the club we should be! Lightweight, one paced, terrible defence. This against poor opposition week in/week out. Let him see the season out and change him then irrespective of our final league position or cup final result. agreed watch out though all the cup final lovers will shoot you down

Viva_Palmeiras
04-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Whatever happens over the coming weeks, Alan Stubbs is not the manager to make us the club we should be! Lightweight, one paced, terrible defence. This against poor opposition week in/week out. Let him see the season out and change him then irrespective of our final league position or cup final result.

The secret of great comedy...

Wait until the party is over before the blood letting begins... Or is this some kind of competition?

Thecat23
04-05-2016, 09:16 PM
agreed watch out though all the cup final lovers will shoot you down

So if he won us it he's the wrong man!! 😂😂

We've not lost the play offs yet either so maybe wait till it's over and if he fails I'd imagine most will feel the same.

Enough said
04-05-2016, 09:17 PM
So if he won us it he's the wrong man!! 😂😂

We've not lost the play offs yet either so maybe wait till it's over and if he fails I'd imagine most will feel the same. premier league is what it's all
About

Gerard
Is there any HC or manager that is the right one for our club?:wink:

bingo70
agreed watch out though all the cup final lovers will shoot you down

The cup final lovers?

Doesn't everyone?

high bee
04-05-2016, 09:18 PM
I remember some on here saying, before he was appointed, that we need someone who knows how to get us out the league as opposed to just a good manager. I thought at the time it was a load of nonsense but I can see what they meant in hindsight.

We've built a team for the premiership, a chuffing good team at that but it's just not effective in this league. I just hope we can turn this around and go up cause we could have quite a good few years ahead if we do. If we don't then I fear for our club.

blackpoolhibs
04-05-2016, 09:18 PM
Some folk are running out of straws. :rolleyes:

Hi Heid Yin
04-05-2016, 09:19 PM
The dust has to settle on this season and our club needs to know which division it is in before the board debate Alan Stubbs future. Right now is not the time.
It's only half time in the tie.
Alan Stubbs could yet achieve both promotion and a Scottish Cup win, as unlikely as that might seem after yet another disappointing performance and result.

Pretty Boy
04-05-2016, 09:23 PM
Some folk are running out of straws. :rolleyes:

It's easy to stay positive if you just shift your expectations to suit.

'We should be aiming to win the league'

'We might not win the leaue but we'll run Ranger close'

'Competing with Rangers was always going to be tough, we'll finish clear 2nd'

'We'll pull away from Falkirk eventually'

'It's where we are after the play offs that counts'

'An extra 2 games is no big deal'

'You can clearly see we're tired'

'The cup will make up for the disapointment of staying down anyway'

'Dunfermilne is lovely in January and not winning the cup keeps it interesting for everyone else'

Steve20
Of course he was the wrong appointment. It's been clear for a long time. It's shocking that the club have allowed him to stay until now. Leaving Butcher in charge when he should have been emptied before we slipped into the playoffs and it cost us our top flight status. Now leaving Stubbs in charge has led to us finishing below Falkirk and staring at a first round playoffs exit.

Alfred E Newman

Goodness me, we are only at half time . Hopefully the players won't be throwing the towel in like you.
Surely we can wait till after Saturday before making judgment.

high bee
04-05-2016, 09:24 PM
It's easy to stay positive of you just shift your expectations to suit.

'We might not win the leaue but we'll run Rangers close'

'Dunfermilne is lovely in January and not winning the cup keeps it interesting for everyone else'

Sad but true. Guess that's apathy for you.

Gatecrasher
04-05-2016, 09:25 PM
It's easy to stay positive of you just shift your expectations to suit.

'We might not win the leaue but we'll run Rangers close'

Pretty much what's been happening, a few years ago there would have been riots if this situation occurred.

blackpoolhibs
04-05-2016, 09:26 PM

Absolutely spot on. :top marks

HoboHarry
04-05-2016, 09:27 PM
Pretty much what's been happening, a few years ago there would have been riots if this situation occurred.

Really? I'm trying to think of a riot that happened at Easter Road.

WhileTheChief..
04-05-2016, 09:28 PM
Goodness me, we are only at half time . Hopefully the players won't be throwing the towel in like you.

Judgement should have been made months ago. This is why we're in the position were in, always waiting cause "we'll do 'em on Saturday".

But we never do, and we never learn.

Gatecrasher
Really? I'm trying to think of a riot that happened at Easter Road.
Not a literal riot :rolleyes:
have a look at the reaction after we were relegated for an example.

Green Blood

what team have you been watching this season? Clearly not the same on as I have! My post is a reasoned one, keep him till end of seasonthen move him on. He's hardly been successful unless of course you have low expectations.

cleanyman
Stubbs should have been punted weeks ago.

staunchhibby
04-05-2016, 09:34 PM
Who would you have brought in as manager then.

seanshow
04-05-2016, 09:36 PM
Lot's of yams posting on here tonight.........nothing better to do

QMU-1875
He's had two seasons in this division and can't figure out how to beat the same defensive formation. If we don't go up I hope the door smacks him in the puss on the way out.

Lang Toun hibby
Stubbs has put out a few teams who have been turned by a number of poor sides. One of the reasons we were put out of cups over a long number of years was they played like Raith tonight and we do not match them for urgency or get stuck into them.

ShinyFantastic
04-05-2016, 09:37 PM
Bring Alex McLeish home

Alfred E Newman
04-05-2016, 09:38 PM
Judgement should have been made months ago. This is why we're in the position were in, always waiting cause "we'll do 'em on Saturday".

But we never do, and we never learn.

I said let's wait and see what happens in the second leg. Tonight was yet another desperately disappointing result in a long list of many but if we want to have any chance of getting out of this hellish league we have to get behind the team on Saturday.
If it doesn't happen then I'll be joining you in shouting for Stubbs head but not when we still have a good chance of going through.

Pretty Boy
04-05-2016, 09:38 PM

Or far more likely a lot of disgruntled Hibs fans.

GreenLake
04-05-2016, 09:39 PM
A small part of my thinking is wondering if Stubbs is building a good league challenging team but going through the phases where a new team learns to play together and does well in cups but can't be consistent. Then after a season or two they get more consistent and leak less goals and score more. We may be better to see if this is the case. Stubbs is not someone we all hate and think is crap and he has brought some nice results to celebrate. I am going sit on the fence for a couple of seasons more. :greengrin

Nicho87
04-05-2016, 09:40 PM
But we've got to two cup finals

Alfred E Newman
04-05-2016, 09:41 PM
Stubbs has put out a few teams who have been turned by a number of poor sides. One of the reasons we were put out of cups over a long number of years was they played like Raith tonight and we do not match them for urgency or get stuck into them.

We managed to knock your lot out a couple of times in the last few years.

darwenhibby
04-05-2016, 09:42 PM
Stubbs has run out of ideas
The players have run out of ideas
Unfortunately the players have also run out of gas
They both have made it difficult for themselves
Changes again in the summer I'm afraid

Ozyhibby
04-05-2016, 09:43 PM

That's the Hibs.net happy clappers every season, all in one post. [emoji23]

Gordy M
04-05-2016, 09:46 PM
Mate its full of them.....best ignored. If its not yams its lots of 'i know better' posters that come on here revelling that they told everyone hibs/stubbs were rubbish....with their snidey comments towards fans who have tried to remain positive....:rolleyes:

matty_f
04-05-2016, 09:46 PM

:agree: we move from 'We're in three trophies' to 'we can still finish second and win two cups' to 'we can still finish second and get the Scottish' to ' we can still get promoted through the play offs and win the Scottish' to 'It's only half time in the tie and we can still win the Scottish'.

At the weekend it could easily be 'we can still win the Scottish'.

How about we actually just go and do something rather than living on the never never and talking about what we could do.

Tonight we lost to Raith for the second time this season. Raith, who had one of their biggest crowds tonight of 5k or so.

Raith. Raith ****ing Rovers. Let that sink in for a minute.

I've been home about half an hour or so. I think we could still be playing and we'd still have nil.

What happened tonight wasn't bad luck or a case of bad decisions going against us or the pitch causing us problems.

What happened was exactly the same as has happened countless times over the last two seasons and we do not have an answer to it.

Did anyone not see the game going that way the longer it went?

At some point someone has to ask the question 'what are you doing about it, Alan?' Because the same issues catch us out over and over and there is a very real chance that the failings of this side are going to keep us in this division for another year.

Embarrassingly, it looks like there's a very real chance that we won't make it past the first play-off.

scotia44
04-05-2016, 09:47 PM

I thought it was a Stubbs interview timeline of the season

hibsboy69
04-05-2016, 09:47 PM

That's a very good post......which makes depressing reading actually.

The Truth Hurts :boo hoo:

emerald green
04-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Or far more likely a lot of disgruntled Hibs fans.

:agree: Why is it when Hibs supporters express genuine cause for concern about what is happening to their club, on the back of another hugely disappointing and potentially very damaging result, they get called Yams?

What are they supposed to say? Wow that was great, we only lost 1-0 to Raith Rovers. Never mind chaps. :rolleyes:

It's so f****** lazy and stupid.

Since90+2
04-05-2016, 09:50 PM

Great post.

Onion
04-05-2016, 09:50 PM
Bottom line is The Rangers and Hearts would never have lost that game tonight. They turn up when it really matters. Hibs simply went through the motions tonight and have put the club in a precarious position. 100% blame for this goes on Stubbs. It's his job to pick and motivate the players to a performance. Against that Raith team, 0-0 would have been a very poor and incredibly unlucky result. But to lose it, the way we did is pathetic. There are no excuses.

Pretty Boy
04-05-2016, 09:52 PM
:agree: Why is it when Hibs supporters express genuine cause for concern about what is happening to their club, on the back of another hugely disappointing and potentially very damaging result, they get called Yams?

What are they supposed to say? Wow that was great, we only lost 1-0 to Raith Rovers. Never mind chaps. :rolleyes:

It's so f****** lazy and stupid.
I think in some cases it's people who have entrenched themselves into a position of being 'the positive one'. After a result like tonight (or many others this season) there's not a lot that can be said in the way of positivity so they resort to a cheap shot.

The mirror image is those who only appear when we lose, who are every bit as bad.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

emerald green
04-05-2016, 10:02 PM
I think in some cases it's people who have entrenched themselves into a position of being 'the positive one'. After a result like tonight (or many others this season) there's not a lot that can be said in the way of positivity so they resort to a cheap shot.

The mirror image is those who only appear when we lose, who are every bit as bad.

I agree again. Hence my earlier comment about it being lazy and stupid.

loanheadhibby
04-05-2016, 10:05 PM
Bottom line is The Rangers and Hearts would never have lost that game tonight. They turn up when it really matters. Hibs simply went through the motions tonight and have put the club in a precarious position. 100% blame for this goes on Stubbs. It's his job to pick and motivate the players to a performance. Against that Raith team, 0-0 would have been a very poor and incredibly unlucky result. But to lose it, the way we did is pathetic. There are no excuses.

It is only half time and hopefully we prevail. However, Stubbs excuses are becoming a bit tiresome. Even more tiresome is the amount of chances we spurn week in week out.

SJM
04-05-2016, 10:07 PM
Totally gutted at tonight, gutted for Stubbs who is a genuinely likeable guy who has taken to our club. It's unnacepable though, 3rd in this league "wait until the season is over" has now turned into "lets see what happens on Sat". We only scored twice against pish QOS with a reserve goalie and no manager, how if we don't score early Sat we go on and win against a side with half a side on part time wages we made look like Athletico Madrid is baffling. We stay down come Sat I would still give Stubbs the cup final, he deserves that. Dempster is accountable for this as much as anyone if terrifyingly it all goes as we all deep down think it will though.

darwenhibby
04-05-2016, 10:09 PM
The Hibs need to learn to win the battle first
Then utilise their strength of playing football
Mcleish knew how to do this
Hence when a team came to park the bus we could grind out 2-0 games
At the moment if we grinded two goals we wouldn't have had to worry about fizzin raith rovers

Thecat23
04-05-2016, 10:11 PM

Why do folk class others as happy clappers? I think the most positive fan still understands how bad we can be and its not good enough. But because we don't jump on the sack Stubbs bandwagon and want to see where we are come end of May considering it's our biggest month in years.

Stubbs will end up going or sacked if we lose both. If he wins the cup I feel he may stay and if we go up everyone wanting him out should get behind him as he's proved we can handle our own against Prem teams.

He should take flak defo, but the let's sack him now chat is piss poor.

Gordy M
04-05-2016, 10:11 PM

i totally disagree, absolutely folk can express an opinion, many have, but there have been posters on here calling stubbs a clown and telling him to gtf?? Maybe folk arent quite as wiling to give up as some on here? Why would you not try and remain positive halfway though a tie???

hhibs
04-05-2016, 10:15 PM
Totally gutted at tonight, gutted for Stubbs who is a genuinely likeable guy who has taken to our club. It's unnacepable though, 3rd in this league "wait until the season is over" has now turned into "lets see what happens on Sat". We only scored twice against pish QOS with a reserve goalie and no manager, how if we don't score early Sat we go on and win against a side with half a side on part time wages we made look like Athletico Madrid is baffling. We stay down come Sat I would still give Stubbs the cup final, he deserves that. Dempster is accountable for this as much as anyone if terrifyingly it all goes as we all deep down think it will though.

Agreed.

Pretty Boy
04-05-2016, 10:17 PM
i totally disagree, absolutely folk can express an opinion, many have, but there have been posters on here calling stubbs a clown and telling him to gtf?? Maybe folk arent quite as wiling to give up as some on here? Why would you not try and remain positive halfway though a tie???
No time for that stuff either.

'Yer a yam' is hardly much of a counter argument though.

Jim44
04-05-2016, 10:17 PM
what team have you been watching this season? Clearly not the same on as I have! My post is a reasoned one, keep him till end of seasonthen move him on. He's hardly been successful unless of course you have low expectations.

If he get's us promoted, give him a chance. If he doesn't, even with a Cup win, sack him!

By the way, we shouldn't have to sack him .......... He should walk if we don't get promotion.

Andy74
04-05-2016, 10:19 PM
Why do folk class others as happy clappers? I think the most positive fan still understands how bad we can be and its not good enough. But because we don't jump on the sack Stubbs bandwagon and want to see where we are come end of May considering it's our biggest month in years.

Stubbs will end up going or sacked if we lose both. If he wins the cup I feel he may stay and if we go up everyone wanting him out should get behind him as he's proved we can handle our own against Prem teams.

He should take flak defo, but the let's sack him now chat is piss poor.
You've never really adequately explained why you were leading the charge to sack a manager in September/October yet you want to have a go at people who are suggesting the same towards the end of the season.

lucky
04-05-2016, 10:21 PM
Sorry but I don't see what's gained by sacking yet another manager. This season is one of the strangest in our history. Amazing cup runs, may even win one, but our league form has deserted us. Tonight we were the better of two awful teams. I doubt sacking Stubbs is even on the radar of LD or the board.

TonyStokeprano
04-05-2016, 10:28 PM
Been saying this since the semi against Falkirk last season, stubbs just doesn't know how and when to use his subs . Waits far to late and usually brings similar players on that he's taking off, instead of a change of shape or style. Also felt he set up far to defensively tonight for me we had 5 defenders plus Bartley and Fyvie who I class as defensive midfielders and mcginn who I thinks also a box to Box player, felt 2 from that 3 plus Henderson keatings or mcgeouch woulda been better tonight. Even thought he might have used Boyle right midfield don't think we need mcgregor right of a back 3 and another defender in gray playing down the right. I'm no manager just a few things I thot mite have helped us tonight. Even taking gray off at half time for Boyle or Henderson and go 4-4-2, gray looked knackered from the off tonight and just lumped everything that came near him.

Gordy M
04-05-2016, 10:31 PM
No time for that stuff either.

'Yer a yam' is hardly much of a counter argument though.

Thing is....i along with a lot of hibs fans, im sure, hate to hear folk ripping into the team/manager...its a blind loyalty that i have to hibs and it gets my back up to hear folk who are apparently supporters taking glee in slagging them off. I cant understand why folk would take what seems like pleasure in critisizing hibs...opinions on players/performances/manager i can accept..but some of the stuff tonight is ridiculous....i suppose the natural reaction is to say they are hearts fans because the same things that are written on here by some, i hear from hearts/old firm/other teams supporters during conversations at work every week? Maybe its coincidence.......

emerald green
04-05-2016, 10:32 PM
Sorry but I don't see what's gained by sacking yet another manager. This season is one of the strangest in our history. Amazing cup runs, may even win one, but our league form has deserted us. Tonight we were the better of two awful teams. I doubt sacking Stubbs is even on the radar of LD or the board.

I really don't know if sacking Stubbs at the end of this season is the right thing or not for this club. There's the argument about stability at a club being necessary. But not at any cost.

If Stubbs continues with the current style of play, I cannot see it getting Hibs out of this league if we stay down.

Therefore, what might be gained by replacing him is getting in a head coach who will adopt a similar style of play which resulted in Hearts and The Rangers walking this s*** league the club finds itself stuck in. Possibly for a third season, or more?

Thecat23
04-05-2016, 10:33 PM
Thing is....i along with a lot of hibs fans, im sure, hate to hear folk ripping into the team/manager...its a blind loyalty that i have to hibs and it gets my back up to hear folk who are apparently supporters taking glee in slagging them off. I cant understand why folk would take what seems like pleasure in critisizing hibs...opinions on players/performances/manager i can accept..but some of the stuff tonight is ridiculous....i suppose the natural reaction is to say they are hearts fans because the same things that are written on here by some, i hear from hearts/old firm/other teams supporters during conversations at work every week? Maybe its coincidence.......

Exactly, I don't think anyone minds constructive criticism but when he's being called a clown and clueless on her by arm chair fans then I stop bothering about them.

Nothing wrong having an opinion and many don't rate Stubbs and that's fine. But going on and on and on and ripping him shows poor class.

J-C
04-05-2016, 10:35 PM
Some saying he should've been punted weeks ago, others say now, others say he goes even if we win the cup and don't go up, many saying he isn't the right guy for the gig.

I think we all forget how much enthusiasm there was when he was appointed, bright, fresh forward thinking we all said...but then reality hits after a while when we realise he's still an apprentice manager learning his trade and making lots of mistakes as he goes along, Our problem is we needed a manager to come in and do what Warburton has done, put a team together and a tactic that works well to get out of this piss poor league. We didn't need a Premiership team, just a team to get us out of this league.

Ozyhibby
04-05-2016, 10:48 PM
We don't go up, he has to go because he can't be trusted to finish top next season. Finishing below Falkirk was an absolute disgrace. Their budget is a fraction of ours, they have no sports science dept, no dedicated training centre, no Spanish training camps etc. There are no excuses left.
He couldn't get the team to score goals last season and it has got a lot worse this season.
He's here now till the end of the season but I can't see anyway he survives the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
04-05-2016, 10:56 PM
I've defended Stubbs but I have to say that his line up and tactics today made absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

Thecat23
04-05-2016, 10:57 PM
We don't go up, he has to go because he can't be trusted to finish top next season. Finishing below Falkirk was an absolute disgrace. Their budget is a fraction of ours, they have no sports science dept, no dedicated training centre, no Spanish training camps etc. There are no excuses left.
He couldn't get the team to score goals last season and it has got a lot worse this season.
He's here now till the end of the season but I can't see anyway he survives the summer.

He survives with ease if he can get us up and wins the Scottish. Would you be happy to have him here if he managed to do this?

Ozyhibby
04-05-2016, 11:04 PM
He survives with ease if he can get us up and wins the Scottish. Would you be happy to have him here if he managed to do this?

I'll be too drunk to care. [emoji23]
Seriously though, I would have massive concerns. He can't get them scoring goals and in two years has not shown that he knows how to. It won't be easier to score in the premiership despite what people keep telling themselves on here. It's full of better defenders and goalies, amazingly enough.
Fact is though, if he does win both then he will be allowed to stay and it won't matter what I think.

Thecat23
04-05-2016, 11:09 PM
I'll be too drunk to care. [emoji23]
Seriously though, I would have massive concerns. He can't get them scoring goals and in two years has not shown that he knows how to. It won't be easier to score in the premiership despite what people keep telling themselves on here. It's full of better defenders and goalies, amazingly enough.
Fact is though, if he does win both then he will be allowed to stay and it won't matter what I think.

😁 Think we all will be.

It's a worry that we just don't score and I can't get my head around it. I honestly blame the strikers for a large part of where we are. Cummings when not playing well is a man down. Stokes is always to deep and should be through the middle. If that's Stubbs telling him to stay out there he's got it wrong.

Lose both and I think he's gone to be fair. I think he'd walk anyway!

Giro Playboy
04-05-2016, 11:20 PM
Thing is....i along with a lot of hibs fans, im sure, hate to hear folk ripping into the team/manager...its a blind loyalty that i have to hibs and it gets my back up to hear folk who are apparently supporters taking glee in slagging them off. I cant understand why folk would take what seems like pleasure in critisizing hibs...opinions on players/performances/manager i can accept..but some of the stuff tonight is ridiculous....i suppose the natural reaction is to say they are hearts fans because the same things that are written on here by some, i hear from hearts/old firm/other teams supporters during conversations at work every week? Maybe its coincidence....... Do you honestly think that the many Hibs fans at Starks Park and on here who are ripping into Stubbs for his piss poor performance tonight actually enjoy doing it? Dont you think that everyone wants to be happy. I would love to be buzzing but after what i watched tonight ive serious concerns about the club ive shown ''blind loyalty'' too since the late 70s. So other than stick my head in the sand and pretend everything is just brilliant im coming on a fans forum to express my concerns.....hope thats ok and you wont call me a ''yam''

SteveHFC
04-05-2016, 11:45 PM
Ended up chatting to a older guy tonight and we both agreed he should go if we lose the play-offs.

southern hibby
04-05-2016, 11:46 PM
I cannot for the life of me understand why players playing decent get dropped and players playing badly stay on the park.

Example Conrad dropped after semi final Oxley back in. Oxley dropped when he made that double save ( trust me for those that weren't there it was very good).

Fontaine very bad game and yet kept his place for tonight. Gunnerson been solid yet dropped.
Boyle only midfielder this season to score 2 goals in one game ( that I can think off from top of my head ) dropped next game. Though someone did say to me he was ill, however not confirmed or denied.

I don't know why AS picks the shape of the team in certain games like he does, however lately it's not working for us and when we're up against big aggressive physical teams we seem to deliberately pick 4 in midfield against normally 5 and then try and give midfield forwards a high ball because we can't get it into the box any way. Probably why Stokes has to come deep to get the ball or he'd never touch it.

As for substitutions I'll give that a miss because it's just infuriating.

GGTTH

MWHIBBIES
05-05-2016, 12:05 AM
He survives with ease if he can get us up and wins the Scottish. Would you be happy to have him here if he managed to do this?He shouldn't survive if we don't go up. I'd be eternally grateful to him for giving me probably the best day of my life but this club cannot progress in this league and he has shown he really struggles to get us out of it.

Beefster
05-05-2016, 03:46 AM

"Our league form has deserted us". In our second season in the ****ing Championship. Against the likes of Alloa and Dumbarton.

Yeah though, let's give Stubbs another shot. Next season's the one he finally wisens up.

MKHIBEE
05-05-2016, 05:03 AM
He's had two seasons in this division and can't figure out how to beat the same defensive formation. If we don't go up I hope the door smacks him in the puss on the way out.

Thats fair enough but what do you hope happens if we go up?

blackpoolhibs
05-05-2016, 05:06 AM
"Our league form has deserted us". In our second season in the ****ing Championship. Against the likes of Alloa and Dumbarton.

Yeah though, let's give Stubbs another shot. Next season's the one he finally wisens up.

Thats the thing that gets right on my thruppnies, we are always going to do it the NEXT game the Next week or the NEXT season. :rolleyes:

Why we changed our system and way of playing last night, from a real pressure game where we played with intensity and width to a punt it long game last night, was unbelievable?

Stubbs does not know his best team or his best formation or how to get this team, his team out this division.

Just go.

CorrieHibs
05-05-2016, 06:24 AM

Nailed it

CorrieHibs
05-05-2016, 06:26 AM
Could Stubbs also please not speak to the media from now until full time of the SC final.

It's bad enough him mouthing off how good we are only to get beat once again. We're a laughing stock. If you're going to say it at least back it up. Cummings as well.

Zazu62
05-05-2016, 06:34 AM
Why was gunnarson not playing he's actually scored 2 goals recently 😂😂😂

Viva_Palmeiras
05-05-2016, 06:48 AM
Could Stubbs also please not speak to the media from now until full time of the SC final.

It's bad enough him mouthing off how good we are only to get beat once again. We're a laughing stock. If you're going to say it at least back it up. Cummings as well.

"Laughing stock" overused term the tribal nature of football is such that folks will take pleasure in others misfortune. Why should we care about others who's best interests lie elsewhere?

We know we're in a tight spot and need to get out. No point thrashing about time for cool heads a plan and execution - win at all costs.

Whether you believe Stubbs and the players have it in them doesn't matter that won't change anything it's in their hands and need to get on with it.

Dr Jimmy
05-05-2016, 06:58 AM
Under Stubbs:

midfield do not contribute goals.

Hardly ever win a penalty, as nobody runs beyond our strikers. Compare our number to hearts & rangers.

He has our Most experienced (and successful) striker at the club Stokes playing almost left midfield.

We have no genuine plan B (his plan B tends to be a like for like sub and continue with plan A).

No width.

apart from Cummings (who ****face Butcher put in) what has happened to our youth players? He has had 2 seasons and apart from the odd cameo I can't remember anyone being given a chance.

Coco Bryce
05-05-2016, 07:00 AM
We are a 'Laughing Stock'

Already this morning I've had a Morton fan and Motherwell fan pointing and laughing at me :rolleyes:

Dr Jimmy
05-05-2016, 07:02 AM
We are a 'Laughing Stock'

Already this morning I've had a Morton fan and Motherwell fan pointing and laughing at me :rolleyes:

Threesome?

Coco Bryce
05-05-2016, 07:03 AM
Threesome?

Orgy

J-C
05-05-2016, 07:04 AM

Amazing cup runs against premier teams who have a go at us and leave space for our passing and style of play, the one team from the premiership to suss us out was Ross C, men behind the ball and counter attack and it worked a treat. How do most of the premier teams play Celtic, I bet they sit deep, men behind the ball and counter attack and just look at how Celtic have won the league, not by loads of points, they've struggled against quite a few teams because they find it harder to break them down. We need more than one system, Stubbs chose a team set up to stop Raith instead of like QOS game where he set up to attack, the same team ( or same system ) should've been used last night but Stubbs was out thought yet again.

hibsbollah
05-05-2016, 07:07 AM
I'm confident we'll go through on Saturday. It's halftime, not much more to say.

Lee Marvin
05-05-2016, 07:11 AM
Thats the thing that gets right on my thruppnies, we are always going to do it the NEXT game the Next week or the NEXT season. :rolleyes:

Why we changed our system and way of playing last night, from a real pressure game where we played with intensity and width to a punt it long game last night, was unbelievable?

Stubbs does not know his best team or his best formation or how to get this team, his team out this division.

Just go.

We also had only 2 players on the park last night who could actually realistically score a goal. 2!!!!! That's abysmal. .

hibsbollah
05-05-2016, 07:11 AM
Amazing cup runs against premier teams who have a go at us and leave space for our passing and style of play, the one team from the premiership to suss us out was Ross C, men behind the ball and counter attack and it worked a treat. How do most of the premier teams play Celtic, I bet they sit deep, men behind the ball and counter attack and just look at how Celtic have won the league, not by loads of points, they've struggled against quite a few teams because they find it harder to break them down. We need more than one system, Stubbs chose a team set up to stop Raith instead of like QOS game where he set up to attack, the same team ( or same system ) should've been used last night but Stubbs was out thought yet again.

He changed from 352 back to the 442 diamond last night so you're just wrong that there's no plan b. And we beat Aberdeen in the cup despite them having more of the play for large chunks of the game. 'Having more of the ball' vs 'sitting deep' isn't usually a tactical choice by the manager, it's a result of the quality of the opposition. We tend to lose against lower league opposition by being caught on the break, i agree. That a not a tactical fault though, it's just the way a lower league team will play against us 90% of the time.

Giro Playboy
05-05-2016, 07:15 AM
I'm confident we'll go through on Saturday. It's halftime, not much more to say. I know Raith are unbeaten in 11 or 12 games but i thought last night they looked very average. If we show the same attacking imputious we did against QOS we will win. Get Boyle, Gunnerson and McGeouch back in and go for goal.
Going into the game a goal down should make it straight forward for Stubbs to select his team. Its when he has to think about things is when he makes the cock ups

QMU-1875
05-05-2016, 07:16 AM
Thats fair enough but what do you hope happens if we go up?

Then he's got us out the division, that is his job, fail then leave.

flash
05-05-2016, 07:25 AM
It's time for the players to grow a set and stand up for the manager they all seem to love.
No doubt Stubbs has made mistakes and will continue to do so but it's still the guys on the pitch who let us down on a regular basis.
The midfield need to bust a gut to get beyond the strikers, particularly when Stokes is dropping deep to create.
The defence isn't really the problem as they are under pressure as one goal conceded is enough far too often.
We haven't conceded any more than The Rangers but scored loads less.
Bad luck only covers you for so long then it becomes incompetence. Too many players fail to show any composure in and around the opposition penalty area.
We need to find a way to get through the next few games against teams who will be confident they have our number.
We won't play anybody in the playoffs who we won't dominate possession against but that's no good unless we have a cutting edge.
It's a massive test for the management team and their jobs are definitely dependent on us getting back up.

HFC 0-7
05-05-2016, 07:40 AM
He changed from 352 back to the 442 diamond last night so you're just wrong that there's no plan b. And we beat Aberdeen in the cup despite them having more of the play for large chunks of the game. 'Having more of the ball' vs 'sitting deep' isn't usually a tactical choice by the manager, it's a result of the quality of the opposition. We tend to lose against lower league opposition by being caught on the break, i agree. That a not a tactical fault though, it's just the way a lower league team will play against us 90% of the time.

utter nonsense! Are you saying managers can't use tactics to stop counter attacking teams!?!? Having a plan b is for during the game to assess how the game is going and adjust accordingly. Stubbs seems to have only a couple of formations which he adopts during the game and sticks with it.

We we can't hide behind beating a couple of top flight teams, seasons are not defined by a couple of games, they are defined by the season or at least a large part of it. We have gone from ambitions of winning the league, to running rangers close in second place to finishing 3rd, lower than the previous season. He needed to learn this league and opposition, he hasn't, he still doesn't know his best 11 and he doesn't know how to get the best out his players.

Pretty Boy
05-05-2016, 07:45 AM
:agree:

Some people definitely resort to cheap shots.

From an admin, that's ****ing out of order. Tell you what mate, instead of refunding my tenner just give it to Dnipro Kids. :aok:
I wasn't actually thinking of you when I made my post but if you choose to wear the cap....

Fwiw I don't really give a flying one if my post bothers you or anyone else for that matter. I'm ****ing sick of reading on here how terrible the admins are at what we do and how the place is over run with 'yams', 'gunts' or whatever else the hillarious phrase of the day is. We repeatedly ask people to use the report post function and you know what? Of all the people who mouth off the loudest about who the 'yams' are, not one of them ever bothers to do as we ask.

I stand by my point, people who resort to calling someone a 'yam' are either playing to the gallery or just too lazy to think up a counter argument. The 3rd option is always just to ignore things of course. I'm more than happy to admit I'm an over opinionated pain in the erse who likes the sound of his own voice a bit too much at time. I'll always try to offer a bit reasoning behind my opinion and arguments though.

I'll sort out cancelling your PM later when I can be bothered.

hibsbollah
05-05-2016, 07:51 AM
utter nonsense! Are you saying managers can't use tactics to stop counter attacking teams!?!? Having a plan b is for during the game to assess how the game is going and adjust accordingly. Stubbs seems to have only a couple of formations which he adopts during the game and sticks with it.

We we can't hide behind beating a couple of top flight teams, seasons are not defined by a couple of games, they are defined by the season or at least a large part of it. We have gone from ambitions of winning the league, to running rangers close in second place to finishing 3rd, lower than the previous season. He needed to learn this league and opposition, he hasn't, he still doesn't know his best 11 and he doesn't know how to get the best out his players.

No, I'm saying statistically if every team we play bar Rangers plays backs to the wall defending all game with a plan to hit long ball diagonals on the counter, that's the kind of goals were going to concede! It's statistically inevitable. We're not going to lose goals by being carved apart by fifteen insightful probing passes because Alloa don't play like that. But that doesn't mean our defence is really really good against insightful probing passes or really crap against long diagonals.

Captain Trips
Problem for Stubbs is since we last won cup we have for 99% of the time been in the highest division so you could win cup and likely have tge league season written off. However we cannot write off things in this league and I am far from impressed. I want changes regardless if we win cup.

scoopyboy
The way I'm feeling right now I have no idea if Stubbs should be the man to take us into next season.

What I do know if that I'm getting cheesed off that a manager can't last three seasons at our club.

Too rapid a turnover for me and with every one we get rid off it seems to set us even further back long term.

Downward spiral.

Ozyhibby
05-05-2016, 07:57 AM
The way I'm feeling right now I have no idea if Stubbs should be the man to take us into next season.

What I do know if that I'm getting cheesed off that a manager can't last three seasons at our club.

Too rapid a turnover for me and with every one we get rid off it seems to set us even further back long term.

Downward spiral.

Culture of failure comes from the very top. Won't change till he is gone.

matty_f
05-05-2016, 08:05 AM

As bored as I am of this league, and these results, this chat is by far and away the most boring of all.

WTF does that even mean? What is Petrie (or STF) doing that is creating a 'culture of failure'?

Where was that culture when we papped the Yams out the cup, or Aberdeen, or St Johnstone, or Dundee Unite (twice), or any of the other significant wins we've had?

What a load of pish.

Ozyhibby
05-05-2016, 08:14 AM
As bored as I am of this league, and these results, this chat is by far and away the most boring of all.

WTF does that even mean? What is Petrie (or STF) doing that is creating a 'culture of failure'?

Where was that culture when we papped the Yams out the cup, or Aberdeen, or St Johnstone, or Dundee Unite (twice), or any of the other significant wins we've had?

What a load of pish.

Deputy heads must roll again?
Stubbs will be gone this time, might need to be leeann next time. So long as it's not him.

DH1875
05-05-2016, 08:14 AM
I remember some on here saying, before he was appointed, that we need someone who knows how to get us out the league as opposed to just a good manager. I thought at the time it was a load of nonsense but I can see what they meant in hindsight.

We've built a team for the premiership, a chuffing good team at that but it's just not effective in this league. I just hope we can turn this around and go up cause we could have quite a good few years ahead if we do. If we don't then I fear for our club.

Think I was the main critic on here when he was appointed. Got shot down and torn to ribbons for it as well. Still don't think he should have been given the job but have tried to get behind him and will continue to do so until the end of the season, there's nothing else we can do. I'm still hopeful he proves me wrong and now isn't the time for I told you so. IF we win promotion then of course he keeps his job.

matty_f
05-05-2016, 08:17 AM
Deputy heads must roll again?
Stubbs will be gone this time, might need to be leeann next time. So long as it's not him.

Is Petrie missing the chances? Did he pick the team? Did he even pick the manager?

How is he creating a 'culture of failure' and where is that culture when we're winning significant games?

SJM
05-05-2016, 08:19 AM
Is Petrie missing the chances? Did he pick the team? Did he even pick the manager?

How is he creating a 'culture of failure' and where is that culture when we're winning significant games?

Why is Petrie still at the club? He's chairman of a club who is in the top 5 biggest clubs in the country staring a third season in the fizzy pop leagues. Of course he has to take a massive proportion of the blame.

matty_f
05-05-2016, 08:22 AM
Why is Petrie still at the club? He's chairman of a club who is in the top 5 biggest clubs in the country staring a third season in the fizzy pop leagues. Of course he has to take a massive proportion of the blame.

I don't know why he's still there. I'm guessing that he brings a bit of experience to the table and is there to help Leeann if and when she needs it.

What is he doing, or has he done, this season that's put us where we are?

Aldo
05-05-2016, 08:22 AM
The only way Stubbs keeps his job is if we win promotion. LD said that was our priority and 2 seasons down the line we seem to struggle to get out of the championship.

Stubbs has been backed by the Club and this cannot be denied so it's sudden death for Stubbs and if he doesn't get it right on Saturday and we progress he should go after the Cup Final..... And that's regardless of the outcome.

SJM
05-05-2016, 08:25 AM
I don't know why he's still there. I'm guessing that he brings a bit of experience to the table and is there to help Leeann if and when she needs it.

What is he doing, or has he done, this season that's put us where we are?

I'm not sure as I'm not sure why he's still here but he appointed the CEO who appointed the manager who is looking like failing with their objectives. I'm not completely bashing Petrie but he is the one constant in this shambles. What's happened to youth development too it seems to have been completely abandoned.

Bobby's Cinema
05-05-2016, 08:25 AM
He doesn't appear to learn from his mistakes that is the most concerning thing.

Aldo
05-05-2016, 08:26 AM
I don't know why he's still there. I'm guessing that he brings a bit of experience to the table and is there to help Leeann if and when she needs it. What is he doing, or has he done, this season that's put us where we are?

Matty he has done nothing but is still constantly being blamed or scapegoated for the failures of the last 2 years and will continually be blamed as long as he is at club!

matty_f
05-05-2016, 08:27 AM
I'm not sure as I'm not sure why he's still here but he appointed the CEO who appointed the manager who is looking like failing with their objectives. I'm not completely bashing Petrie but he is the one constant in this shambles. What's happened to youth development too it seems to have been completely abandoned.

Far from being completely abandoned the youth set up was pretty much ripped up to start again under Eddie May and Joe McBride.

Brightside
05-05-2016, 08:28 AM
Stubbs would be a great manager for us in the top league. Just a shame he can't get us out of this one! Our current squad don't have the blood and guts about them to mix it up in this league. Also when you are playing against 10 men behind the ball you sometimes have to go route one...we don't have the players to do that. SO....if we don't go up this season i actually think we do need someone different in the role...and forget about building for 5 years / 10 years. Its a one season job - get us up.

Aldo
05-05-2016, 08:32 AM

Yes Petrie has been responsible for our decline as such and a good number of other things at at the club since at the very least 2007 but to constantly blame him for our current playing state is beyond me.

The CEO/Club has backed the manager with a number of signing in the last 2 years

McGinn - Transfer fee
Stokes
Fyvie
MacGregor

So it's Petries fault the manager has made some terrible decisions this season (again) and has never learnt from these failings.

SJM
05-05-2016, 08:36 AM
Far from being completely abandoned the youth set up was pretty much ripped up to start again under Eddie May and Joe McBride.

Why did we have to do that? Who's fault it wasn't working in the first place? Let's hope we get a few players from the development side of things in the not too distant future then.

RIP
05-05-2016, 08:37 AM

Remember Petrie Oot? A board-manufactured fans investment that reduced Farmer and Petrie's need to invest. No goals, no plan for success, no clue of how to run a football club.

steakbake
05-05-2016, 08:38 AM
I think h/net might be a good place to avoid over the next few weeks....

SJM
05-05-2016, 08:38 AM
Yes Petrie has been responsible for our decline as such and a good number of other things at at the club since at the very least 2007 but to constantly blame him for our current playing state is beyond me.

The CEO/Club has backed the manager with a number of signing in the last 2 years

McGinn - Transfer fee
Stokes
Fyvie
MacGregor

So it's Petries fault the manager has made some terrible decisions this season (again) and has never learnt from these failings.

Did you see the bit where I said it's not all Petrie to blame but he appoints the person who appointed the manager. He's still chairman of a club in the Lower leagues and must take a proportion of blame.

Aldo
05-05-2016, 08:44 AM
Did you see the bit where I said it's not all Petrie to blame but he appoints the person who appointed the manager. He's still chairman of a club in the Lower leagues and must take a proportion of blame.

Let's get over the Petrie thing. Yes he is to blame for us being in this ****ty league and yes the buck stops at him being Chairman but ...

Even if he wasn't here this season we'd still be where we are. It's as plain and simple as that.

Too many players not giving a toss and not willing to fit for everything!

SJM
05-05-2016, 08:48 AM
Let's get over the Petrie thing. Yes he is to blame for us being in this ****ty league and yes the buck stops at him being Chairman but ...

Even if he wasn't here this season we'd still be where we are. It's as plain and simple as that.

Too many players not giving a toss and not willing to fit for everything!

Fair dos can't argue with that. Our main issue for me isn't the players, it's the fact we don't look lol a team. We look like a side with good players not having a scoob what their job is. We should have player in the team to do a particular job, it's never happened under Stubbs and he's far too loyal to guys not at peak form. Gunnarson will probably leave in the summer and be a top player.

CallumLaidlaw
05-05-2016, 08:49 AM
So a thread is started about Stubbs being the wrong man, and the first few posts are digs at other Hibs fans. Absolutely great. This is meant to be a discussion board not a personal attack board. We all have different opinions of things, thats the whole point of this place.

My opinion - A lot still balances on the next 3 weeks, and Saturday in particular. If we don't progress and get promoted, then he has been a failure. I think even if we win the cup, we will be looking for a new manager in the summer - he may see that as his opportunity to get out on a high.

If we somehow get promoted, then he'll have done the job he was appointed to do, and with his record against Premiership opposition, you'd have to fancy that he'll be in charge come next season, unless again he decides to leave while his stock in the media is high.

I was a huge supporter of Stubbs but his stubborness with his formation and favourite players along with his refusal to change from the plodding, slow build up play makes it very difficult to continue supporting him. I am struggling to see us getting past Raith now, and that sentence alone is a reason to be looking for a new manager.

matty_f
05-05-2016, 08:50 AM
Why did we have to do that? Who's fault it wasn't working in the first place? Let's hope we get a few players from the development side of things in the not too distant future then.

What we had wasn't working, and I think it's patently obvious where the finger should be pointed for that. I have no arguments with that.

But for the here and now, blaming RP for our situation now, is just lazy and doesn't hold a great deal of credibility.

matty_f
05-05-2016, 08:51 AM
So a thread is started about Stubbs being the wrong man, and the first few posts are digs at other Hibs fans. Absolutely great. This is meant to be a discussion board not a personal attack board. We all have different opinions of things, thats the whole point of this place.

My opinion - A lot still balances on the next 3 weeks, and Saturday in particular. If we don't progress and get promoted, then he has been a failure. I think even if we win the cup, we will be looking for a new manager in the summer - he may see that as his opportunity to get out on a high.

If we somehow get promoted, then he'll have done the job he was appointed to do, and with his record against Premiership opposition, you'd have to fancy that he'll be in charge come next season, unless again he decides to leave while his stock in the media is high.

I was a huge supporter of Stubbs but his stubborness with his formation and favourite players along with his refusal to change from the plodding, slow build up play makes it very difficult to continue supporting him. I am struggling to see us getting past Raith now, and that sentence alone is a reason to be looking for a new manager.

:agree: If we go up then third place and last night don't really matter. If we don't then they become very significant failures.

Ozyhibby
05-05-2016, 08:54 AM
What we had wasn't working, and I think it's patently obvious where the finger should be pointed for that. I have no arguments with that.

But for the here and now, blaming RP for our situation now, is just lazy and doesn't hold a great deal of credibility.

Unless his latest set of changes aren't working either? How long do we wait this time?

Aldo
05-05-2016, 08:55 AM
Fair dos can't argue with that. Our main issue for me isn't the players, it's the fact we don't look lol a team. We look like a side with good players not having a scoob what their job is. We should have player in the team to do a particular job, it's never happened under Stubbs and he's far too loyal to guys not at peak form. Gunnarson will probably leave in the summer and be a top player.

It's not all about having good players it's about the team and having a good balance.

I'll go back to McLeish's team and the likes of Paul Fenwick, Gary Smith, Matty Jack

Guys that might not have been the most gifted players but complemented the others giving the team a balance.

We don't have that we have individuals who are good players but that doesn't make a team IMHO.

I really don't know where we go if we don't get promoted but Stubbs has to step aside!

Alfred E Newman
05-05-2016, 08:56 AM

Utter rubbish.

Ozyhibby
05-05-2016, 09:01 AM
Utter rubbish.

Wher do you think our consistent failure over the last 9 years has come from then?

SJM
05-05-2016, 09:03 AM

He's part of the problem and should get a proportion of blame. He's not sitting doing nothing as chairman of the club after all. Top to bottom everyone has the responsibility to get us out this league.

matty_f
05-05-2016, 09:04 AM
Unless his latest set of changes aren't working either? How long do we wait this time?

Long enough to see if they work? :dunno:

Not sure what line of work you're in but there are some changes which show an immediate improvement, and some which will give long term improvements.

You're not going to see a huge shift in youth development in a season, for example.

J-C
05-05-2016, 09:05 AM

And the 4-4-2 diamond has also struggled to work against these teams, he played a 4-4-2 against QOS who played the same as Raith with one up top and we won 2-0, we had 3 centre halfs, Bartley, Fyvie who is defensive minded all sitting there trying to control the middle and stop Raith. We had no creativity on the park apart from Stokes and he very rarely plays where he's meant to as a striker, he always drops deep to get the ball. The same team that played on sunday should've started last night, too much tinkering again from Stubbs, you have a winning team, leave it.

Ozyhibby
05-05-2016, 09:08 AM
Long enough to see if they work? :dunno:

Not sure what line of work you're in but there are some changes which show an immediate improvement, and some which will give long term improvements.

You're not going to see a huge shift in youth development in a season, for example.

I think when we got relegated there was a need for the type of changes which show an immediate improvement.

dazwol
05-05-2016, 09:11 AM
I agree and Disagree with a lot of points on here.

Firstly I will say that I compeltely disagree that it was the wrong appointment to start......The club was in a mess, Stubbs brought stability, togetherness and a sense of ambition back to the club in a very short space of time, that was no easy feat. I am not saying a manager should be kept on for anything he has been done in the past but to say it was a wrong appointment, you don;t know where Hibs maybe by now, yea could have been the SPL, but theres more chance it could have been the bottom of this league last season too.

Fast forward to now......There have been some major highs this season and more lately some big time lows. BUT the target was solely to gain promotion back to the SPL. If this doesn't happen, regardless of the cup outcome then I agree the position has to be seriously questionned. A Cup run (which in the main can involve a lot of factors along the way such as luck, players playing up for one off occasions, the quality / effort of the opponents) cannot be used to judge a team, club or manager. The league gives a truer version of the consistency and achievements against expectancy. There is no Doubt Hibs should be going up this year, so lets see if it happens.

At the point where Hibs are promoted and have the Scottish Cup....You never know......then surely this is beyond expectation (after coming through a long rough patch) and Stubbs has to be given longer.

J-C
05-05-2016, 09:15 AM

He's there as Sir Tom Farmers representative on the board, remember STF is still the clubs owner and he needs someone there to look after his vested interest.

matty_f
05-05-2016, 09:15 AM
I think when we got relegated there was a need for the type of changes which show an immediate improvement.

Yeah, me too. But some essential changes had to also happen for the long term.

SeanWilson
05-05-2016, 09:23 AM
Wher do you think our consistent failure over the last 9 years has come from then?

Here's a question for you:

You own/run a football club, do you:
a) want said football club to get relegated and play absolute pitiful football, continuously peeing off your fans to the point of not coming back or
b) want said club to be successful?

Turkish Green
05-05-2016, 09:27 AM
I originally joined this forum on a "Petrie Oot" ticket. My opinion on RP and STF has not changed. When Leeann came up with Stubbs, I didn't believe he was the best available but was not going to criticise Leeann on her first piece of work.

Last season the Yams surprised me running away with the championship, and while Stubbs got Hibs to 2nd place they slipped up badly in the play-offs against a poor Rangers team.

This season is a different story. Some poor and some very poor results from what is a decent squad. 2nd place should have been the minimum target. Sadly, last night's result was expected by me. The only positive is that it was only 1-0. I have a feeling we will go out to penalties at ER. Regardless of what happens in the cup final, I do not see Stubbs being at the club next season.

To move on, the club needs a complete clear out in the Boardroom, but I do not see that happening in the short term.

Kaiserclem
05-05-2016, 09:28 AM
To be honest, the sheer lack of making a substitution to change a game is beyond the joke with Stubbsy. Inverness, Morton, Falkirk, Raith and Alloa have all made a couple of changes around the hour mark when they realise their system wasn;t working and got something out of the game. Us, nope. We wait until around 10 mins to go before making a change. Managers are paid to manage, being their best pal is only a small percentage of the job. You need to be loyal but too much loyalty is murdering us. Stubbs has always said about competition for places and if you don;t perform you won;t be in teh side. REALLY ALAN? If you say it do it. Too much loyalty was shown to Oxley, Stevenson gives us 100% but cannot cross a ball but we have known that for years but still only have 1 left back, McGinn is burnt out but still plays him. Poor lad is shattered. For me, we are in big trouble and have been since mid february. Main problems;

1. No decent wide / cross balls being delivered into the box, 1 or 2 a game if were lucky is horrendous.
2. Lack of being able to defend a cross ball (been a problem for years).
3. Goals? It is what it's all about and we cannot do it. Cummings has 25 I think but could have 50! lack of a scoring midfielder.
4. Substitutions! or lack of.

We need to be honest, we are not good enough. Finishing 3rd in this league is not good enough and we have went backwards in a league now void of Hearts. Next season with Dundee Utd, St. Mirren (who have improved), Dunfermline and potentially Raith, Falkirk (or both) or a premierhsip team currently will be the hardest the championship has ever been IMO and we will struggle even more as budgets will be cut etc. really worrying times for hibs.

Danderhall Hibs
05-05-2016, 09:33 AM
Petrie should definitely have sent Stubbs a text telling him to get the players to move a bit faster and stop tippy tapping over on the left wing.

He should've also helped him pick the team and told him to make subs earlier.

Cropley10
05-05-2016, 09:38 AM
Rookie manager fails to get good squad promoted. No shock at all...

matty_f
05-05-2016, 09:42 AM
Rookie manager fails to get good squad promoted. No shock at all...

We might yet go up, you know.

HFC 0-7
05-05-2016, 09:46 AM
No, I'm saying statistically if every team we play bar Rangers plays backs to the wall defending all game with a plan to hit long ball diagonals on the counter, that's the kind of goals were going to concede! It's statistically inevitable. We're not going to lose goals by being carved apart by fifteen insightful probing passes because Alloa don't play like that. But that doesn't mean our defence is really really good against insightful probing passes or really crap against long diagonals.

Thats not the type of goals we are always conceeding though. We are conceeding goals because they work the channels. Man of the goals conceeded are when we have plenty of defenders in the box. When they break they can move players forward because they know they can get players back behind the ball when they lose possesion because we are so slow in attack. The slow tippy tappy football plays into oppositions favour as they can defend in numbers knowing that we wont attack in numbers. These are the tactics that allow us to be put under pressure by defensive teams. Also, we dont need to be carved apart by 15 passes because 1 cross or 1 pass is enough because our defending at times has ben dreadful and positioning from midfielders not good enough at the edge of the box to pick up the second ball.

More often than not we conceed through the opposition using width rather than long diagonal balls.

HFC 0-7
05-05-2016, 09:59 AM
:agree: If we go up then third place and last night don't really matter. If we don't then they become very significant failures.

Do you think he should stay if we go up despite all his failings? Getting promoted is a big deal but the manner that we do it should be looked at. I really dont know if he is a good manager or not as he doesnt seem to have built a balanced team, addressed the issues that have been around for a while, doesnt make changes quick enough and doesnt seem to know his best 11 or get the best out them. The bar has been set by Hearts for a newly promoted teams capabilities in the top league whether we like it or not. Could stubbs take us to 3rd in the top league??

SJM
05-05-2016, 10:01 AM
He's there as Sir Tom Farmers representative on the board, remember STF is still the clubs owner and he needs someone there to look after his vested interest.

That's fair enough but he's still officially chairman of the club? Does he need that position to keep his place with the SFA blazers and perhaps that's why he's still got that title?

SJM
05-05-2016, 10:03 AM
Petrie should definitely have sent Stubbs a text telling him to get the players to move a bit faster and stop tippy tapping over on the left wing.

He should've also helped him pick the team and told him to make subs earlier.

Or he could appoint a CEO who appoints a manager to do all that without being text'd at all perhaps?

matty_f
05-05-2016, 10:10 AM
Do you think he should stay if we go up despite all his failings? Getting promoted is a big deal but the manner that we do it should be looked at. I really dont know if he is a good manager or not as he doesnt seem to have built a balanced team, addressed the issues that have been around for a while, doesnt make changes quick enough and doesnt seem to know his best 11 or get the best out them. The bar has been set by Hearts for a newly promoted teams capabilities in the top league whether we like it or not. Could stubbs take us to 3rd in the top league??
I think if we go up and you step back and look at the season - a promotion and both major cup finals, then you can't reasonably sack Stubbs for that.

I don't want to make excuses but that's a huge amount to put the players through, on top of that some of the players have had internationals in amongst that run.

We've also invested two years into Stubbs. If we go up we'd hope to see the benefit of that experience and investment.

SJM
05-05-2016, 10:12 AM
I think if we go up and you step back and look at the season - a promotion and both major cup finals, then you can't reasonably sack Stubbs for that.

I don't want to make excuses but that's a huge amount to put the players through, on top of that some of the players have had internationals in amongst that run.

We've also invested two years into Stubbs. If we go up we'd hope to see the benefit of that experience and investment.

If we get promoted and sack Stubbs it would be ludicrous and send out completely the wrong message.

CallumLaidlaw
05-05-2016, 10:18 AM
Stevenson gives us 100% but cannot cross a ball but we have known that for years but still only have 1 left back

I see this regularly. Ok, some of his crosses dont come off, but the only player in Scottish football that I can think hardly ever puts a bad ball in is Johnny Hayes. Stevenson played 3/4 brilliant balls across the goalmouth last night, but we had absolutely no one taking chances in there. We try to much to score the "world cup goal"

matty_f
05-05-2016, 10:20 AM
If we get promoted and sack Stubbs it would be ludicrous and send out completely the wrong message.

Totally agree.

matty_f
05-05-2016, 10:21 AM
I see this regularly. Ok, some of his crosses dont come off, but the only player in Scottish football that I can think hardly ever puts a bad ball in is Johnny Hayes. Stevenson played 3/4 brilliant balls across the goalmouth last night, but we had absolutely no one taking chances in there. We try to much to score the "world cup goal"

There's no point putting crosses in - our strikers are rarely in the box to get on the end of them. (I do acknowledge Jason's goal on Sunday came from a cross.)

SJM
05-05-2016, 10:24 AM
There's no point putting crosses in - our strikers are rarely in the box to get on the end of them. (I do acknowledge Jason's goal on Sunday came from a cross.)

Would agree with this, Stevenson is more effective when cutting in and passing it to a midfielder on the edge of the box instead of just smashing the ball in with no takers. Gray too. Stokes is always too deep and Cummings finds himself on the right or left wing all of the time for some bizarre reason.

SlickShoes
05-05-2016, 10:25 AM
It's really on a knife edge, if he gets us promoted then he is a success, although we still need to sort out the goal scoring issues for next season.

If we are not promoted he is a failure.

We need to take the cup out of the equation, if we do manage to win it, it will be something no one will ever forget but winning it and still struggling away next year in the championship is still struggling away in the championship.

Thecat23
05-05-2016, 10:26 AM
Totally agree.

Mental anyone would want Stubbs out if he gets us up. Those people clearly have their own agenda against him which is very clear to see from some. If he doesn't get us up then I can see why folk would want him out but still asking him to go no matter what is embarrassing.

Danderhall Hibs
05-05-2016, 10:27 AM

Correct. However when there are men in the box I fail to understand why we float it high way past the back post.

He may have the most/2nd most assists but he should have at least double the number he's got with the amount of time he has with the ball.

Ozyhibby
05-05-2016, 10:35 AM
Mental anyone would want Stubbs out if he gets us up. Those people clearly have their own agenda against him which is very clear to see from some. If he doesn't get us up then I can see why folk would want him out but still asking him to go no matter what is embarrassing.

It's got nothing to do with having an agenda. I like the guy.
It's about his inability to get the team scoring goals. Why is that so difficult to understand? If he can get them scoring then I'd be delighted for him to stay. I really want him to succeed, especially in the next 3 weeks. Last summer, nobody was calling for his head but every supporter was saying we would need to score more goals this season if we wanted to be successful. The exact opposite has happened.
Saying people have an agenda against Stubbs is crazy. He's probably the most popular manager we have had in a long time. The problem is that he is failing. He can't get the team scoring goals.

HFC 0-7
05-05-2016, 10:38 AM

Easy there!! green tinted specs off and think about it. Being promoted doesnt cover up the fact that we were miles off the pace. 2 seasons and 1 playoff game down and our performance and perfomance of the manager isnt up to scratch but 5 games could change the previous 70 odd games. In a rookie manager surely we should be looking for improved performance etc but we are not seeing it. Being promoted via the playoffs can be achieved through a very average season and winning 3 fixtures, it masks a lot IMO and covers up how far off the pace we have been. You state that if we dont go up, people wanting him out is legit, but if he wins 3 fixtures he is good enough?? Basically he can be average in a pish league as long as we win the last 3 ties? That doesnt make sense to me! I am looking to the future and asking the question, has he shown he has the qualities to take us where we want to be in the top flight,for me, the jury is out.

GreensesArab
05-05-2016, 10:40 AM
:agree: we move from 'We're in three trophies' to 'we can still finish second and win two cups' to 'we can still finish second and get the Scottish' to ' we can still get promoted through the play offs and win the Scottish' to 'It's only half time in the tie and we can still win the Scottish'.

How about we actually just go and do something rather than living on the never never and talking about what we could do.

Tonight we lost to Raith for the second time this season. Raith, who had one of their biggest crowds tonight of 5k or so.

I've been home about half an hour or so. I think we could still be playing and we'd still have nil.

What happened tonight wasn't bad luck or a case of bad decisions going against us or the pitch causing us problems.

What happened was exactly the same as has happened countless times over the last two seasons and we do not have an answer to it.

At some point someone has to ask the question 'what are you doing about it, Alan?' Because the same issues catch us out over and over and there is a very real chance that the failings of this side are going to keep us in this division for another year.

Embarrassingly, it looks like there's a very real chance that we won't make it past the first play-off.

I agree, Matty. And the last sentence is a realistic scenario. Our 'play off' record is a disaster. In two successive years we've gone out at the first play off (Hamilton, Rangers), despite having home advantage in the second leg on both occasions. It seems that at the business end of a season, whether it's the fixture list, play offs or cup runs we can't see it through to fruition. And the League Cup was so winnable. Not often you get to play a cup final and it's not against the Ugly Sisters, yet we couldn't capitalise. A tense day ahead on Saturday.

Just Jimmy
05-05-2016, 10:49 AM
Alan stubbs has turned this club around. Where we were when he came in to where we are now is night and day. Forget the on pitch stuff for one second. He had 7 players and had no goalkeeper on day one. His first managers job. He didn't get us up last year but I think people forget just how much of a shambles this club were. We were at the lowest we have ever been. Forget now. That's just pish to say we are now, back then we had mobs outside the main stand. People refusing to go back. People meeting the new CEO to demand a cut in season prices and no squad. One year later he has us in both national finals for the first time in my 30 years. We have our best chance in my lifetime of winning the Scottish cup (and should we then regardless of what anyone says, nothing else will matter. The man will be a god). And we're 1-0 down with a second leg to come at home with a good home record.

This is the business end of the season. We knew the rules. If you don't win the league you play the playoffs. We knew it would be tough. We knew we're hibs and we'd do it the hard way.

So stop pissing the bed. We can judge this league season on Saturday. If we get through we'll go again against Falkirk.

I still believe in stubbs. He's made mistakes but he's a million times the coach and man that terry butcher was.

I would far rather still be involved now than out both cups and playing for nothing. Let's just see.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thecat23
05-05-2016, 10:51 AM
It's got nothing to do with having an agenda. I like the guy.
It's about his inability to get the team scoring goals. Why is that so difficult to understand? If he can get them scoring then I'd be delighted for him to stay. I really want him to succeed, especially in the next 3 weeks. Last summer, nobody was calling for his head but every supporter was saying we would need to score more goals this season if we wanted to be successful. The exact opposite has happened.
Saying people have an agenda against Stubbs is crazy. He's probably the most popular manager we have had in a long time. The problem is that he is failing. He can't get the team scoring goals.

Course they do if he takes us up they still want him gone? Why? That's exactly what they want, what we all want so why on earth would we sack him if he takes us up.

Thecat23
05-05-2016, 10:53 AM
Easy there!! green tinted specs off and think about it. Being promoted doesnt cover up the fact that we were miles off the pace. 2 seasons and 1 playoff game down and our performance and perfomance of the manager isnt up to scratch but 5 games could change the previous 70 odd games. In a rookie manager surely we should be looking for improved performance etc but we are not seeing it. Being promoted via the playoffs can be achieved through a very average season and winning 3 fixtures, it masks a lot IMO and covers up how far off the pace we have been. You state that if we dont go up, people wanting him out is legit, but if he wins 3 fixtures he is good enough?? Basically he can be average in a pish league as long as we win the last 3 ties? That doesnt make sense to me! I am looking to the future and asking the question, has he shown he has the qualities to take us where we want to be in the top flight,for me, the jury is out.

All I keep hearing is he's a Prem manager who can't win in this league so why sack him if his record is actually good against Prem teams??

SeanWilson
05-05-2016, 10:59 AM
All I keep hearing is he's a Prem manager who can't win in this league so why sack him if his record is actually good against Prem teams??

Think he's done enough to keep his job if we do go up Cat. I'm in the 'his teams are set up to play better opposition' camp, which i still firmly believe is true.

I like AS. For a lot of this season he brought a great vibe back to this miserable club and i'd like him to stick around. However, its a) indefensible if he does not see us promoted and b) I haven't seen anything to suggest he's got the ability to change it up and have another go next year.

Got to hope to **** we somehow do the unthinkable and turn up when it really matters.:hide:

Thecat23
05-05-2016, 11:00 AM
Think he's done enough to keep his job if we do go up Cat. I'm in the 'his teams are set up to play better opposition' camp, which i still firmly believe is true.

I like AS. For a lot of this season he brought a great vibe back to this miserable club and i'd like him to stick around. However, its a) indefensible if he does not see us promoted and b) I haven't seen anything to suggest he's got the ability to change it up and have another go next year.

Got to hope to **** we somehow do the unthinkable and turn up when it really matters.:hide:

I'm the same as you. Plus if we don't go up I honestly think he'd walk anyway!

berwickhibee
05-05-2016, 11:03 AM

Spot on post. A level of stubbornness also from the manager,oxley has been a problem since he signed and Stubbs Wundt give others a chance,also the diamond formation has been churned out week after week when it is blatantly obvious it wasn't working. Are we further forward than this time last season...the football now is slower and still lacking incisiveness now for 2 years,as you say what's Stubbs going to do about it,answer seems to be nothing,we continue to play the same way.

Cod Boy
05-05-2016, 11:03 AM
He won't walk away

SJM
05-05-2016, 11:11 AM
He won't walk away

If we fail to gain promotion and lose the final I reckon he will. He seems to have dignity.

Ozyhibby
05-05-2016, 11:12 AM
He won't walk away

Nobody does. They all want the pay off.

HFC 0-7
05-05-2016, 11:19 AM

looking at games against prem sides, we have beaten Hearts, Inverness, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen. Drawn against Dundee Utd, Hearts and Inverness and lost against Ross County. That, to me, doesnt prove that he is a premier league manager or not. All I can go ion is his performance in the last 2 seasons which hasnt been up to scratch. Saying a manager is good enough purely because he won 3 ties in a rubbish league with an overall average performance over the whole season is crazy and doesnt properly plan for the future.

I could be better at my job than others and meet all my objectives but doesnt mean I will automatically be good working at a higher grade.

What improvement has stubbs shown in 2 years to suggest he can make the step up?

2014 / 2015 season: -

Win: 21 Drawn: 7 Loss: 8 For: 70 Against: 32 Points: 70

2015 / 2016 season: -

Win: 21 Drawn: 7 Loss: 8 For : 59 Against: 34 Points: 70

Performance looks the same apart from our wins being tighter.

Thecat23
05-05-2016, 11:23 AM
looking at games against prem sides, we have beaten Hearts, Inverness, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen. Drawn against Dundee Utd, Hearts and Inverness and lost against Ross County. That, to me, doesnt prove that he is a premier league manager or not. All I can go ion is his performance in the last 2 seasons which hasnt been up to scratch. Saying a manager is good enough purely because he won 3 ties in a rubbish league with an overall average performance over the whole season is crazy and doesnt properly plan for the future.

I could be better at my job than others and meet all my objectives but doesnt mean I will automatically be good working at a higher grade.

What improvement has stubbs shown in 2 years to suggest he can make the step up?

2014 / 2015 season: -

Win: 21 Drawn: 7 Loss: 8 For: 70 Against: 32 Points: 70

2015 / 2016 season: -

Win: 21 Drawn: 7 Loss: 8 For : 59 Against: 34 Points: 70

Performance looks the same apart from our wins being tighter.

I think his teams are better suited to the way Prem teams play which has been evident in the games we've played. Even the County final we played the far better football.

You clearly don't think he will do well and want him out and that's fine. I think he'd be good in the top flight.

Alfred E Newman
05-05-2016, 11:24 AM

Neither Stevenson or Gray look up before crossing. Their crosses , when they do get past the first defender, are just hit and hope.

Waxy
05-05-2016, 11:29 AM
I'd still be more bothered if we didn't create chances. We create quite a few each game but cannot seem to put them away. Feels we miss a sitter every match also. Remember under Butcher we hardly created any chances. What are the Strikers doing in training? Have we a strikers coach? This is the problem.

SeanWilson
05-05-2016, 11:31 AM
I'd still be more bothered if we didn't create chances. We create quite a few each game but cannot seem to put them away. Feels we miss a sitter every match also. Remember under Butcher we hardly created any chances. What are the Strikers doing in training? Have we a strikers coach? This is the problem.

you seen that marathonbet video? They know where to put the ball!

Stokes is playing like an attacking midfielder and JC either goes for the spectacular or wants to much time.

BoomtownHibees
05-05-2016, 11:40 AM

We didn't change to a 442 last night until Henderson replaced Fontaine with 5 mins to go.

Seeing the team before hand I thought playing the 3 at the back was a good idea but said to my mate after about 20 mins that there was no need for it due to how Raith were set up. Half time was the time for changing it for me. Centre half off, either Henderson or Mcgeouch on. There was no need for the 3 centre halfs plus Fyvie and Bartley in there. Far too negative. I get the impression we set up not to lose rather than playing with the intensity we have the previous 2 games.

J-C
05-05-2016, 12:04 PM
That's fair enough but he's still officially chairman of the club? Does he need that position to keep his place with the SFA blazers and perhaps that's why he's still got that title?

It's no secret he wants the no.1 gig at the SFA but he needs to be a chairman to get it, he' a non ex chairman, purely a figurehead.

scoopyboy
05-05-2016, 12:08 PM
Neither Stevenson or Gray look up before crossing. Their crosses , when they do get past the first defender, are just hit and hope.

Most accurate post I've read on here in a while.

SJM
05-05-2016, 12:08 PM
It's no secret he wants the no.1 gig at the SFA but he needs to be a chairman to get it, he' a non ex chairman, purely a figurehead.

:aok:

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
05-05-2016, 12:43 PM

On radio last night, commenatators were talking about a great bal Stevenson put across, justy no-one there to convert. I think the point made elsewhere by many others is no midfield runners makes us much easier to defend against.

However my worry with our crossing is precisely that they look up too often, and dilly-dally before crossing.

I always thought good crossing was (at least a lot of the time) about hitting good areas with good balls. An early, low cross along the corridor between defenders and goalie is a nightmare to defend (Cummings goal against Hearts actually), especially when defenders are running backwards - but we very rarely do this, because it involves being quick and decisive in the final third, not something we often are.

They never play balls in first time, they always take a touch (or more), and try and put it right on someones head, which is a lot more difficult to do, and a lot easier to defend.

I also think its unfair on Gray and Stevenson. They are asked, every week to be our main attacking outlets and main supply to strikers - but they are both defenders! If they were that good at attacking, they wouldnt be full backs in the first place.

I think as defenders who act as auxilliary attackers (the traditional full back role) they are both good. As wingers, neither is particuarly good.

I dont necessarily think it is a coincidence that they are often the two players in the team given the most room - perhaps opposition encourage this?

Dunedin Hibs
05-05-2016, 12:44 PM
I, personally, support any Hibs Manager that takes us out the Scottish Cup Final, with a decent chance at winning...due to the side he has put together.

SJM
05-05-2016, 12:45 PM
I, personally, support any Hibs Manager that takes us out the Scottish Cup Final, with a decent chance at winning...due to the side he has put together.

You must have loved Pat Fenlon and his merry band of loanees then. :greengrin

JimBHibees
05-05-2016, 12:48 PM
Most accurate post I've read on here in a while.

Agree totally especially and not having a particular go Lewis, his final ball simply isnt the best. Low and hard is the answer not the half chip ball he commonly puts over. in saying that I honestly think the movement of the forwards is poor, you would expect one to be getting to the front post and the other back post, very, very rarely happens. Great cross by Lewis near the end no one anywhere near the cross neither front or rear.

JimBHibees
05-05-2016, 12:49 PM

He did say decent chance of winning. :greengrin

ALF TUPPER
05-05-2016, 12:50 PM

Dearie me

JimBHibees
On radio last night, commenatators were talking about a great bal Stevenson put across, justy no-one there to convert. I think the point made elsewhere by many others is no midfield runners makes us much easier to defend against.

However my worry with our crossing is precisely that they look up too often, and dilly-dally before crossing.

I always thought good crossing was (at least a lot of the time) about hitting good areas with good balls. An early, low cross along the corridor between defenders and goalie is a nightmare to defend (Cummings goal against Hearts actually), especially when defenders are running backwards - but we very rarely do this, because it involves being quick and decisive in the final third, not something we often are.

They never play balls in first time, they always take a touch (or more), and try and put it right on someones head, which is a lot more difficult to do, and a lot easier to defend.

I also think its unfair on Gray and Stevenson. They are asked, every week to be our main attacking outlets and main supply to strikers - but they are both defenders! If they were that good at attacking, they wouldnt be full backs in the first place.

I think as defenders who act as auxilliary attackers (the traditional full back role) they are both good. As wingers, neither is particuarly good.

I dont necessarily think it is a coincidence that they are often the two players in the team given the most room - perhaps opposition encourage this?

Cummings goal v Hearts the perfect example great cross and finish.

SJM
He did say decent chance of winning. :greengrin

Fair point :greengrin

Leith Green
05-05-2016, 12:52 PM
Alan stubbs = master in mind games 🙃

BoomtownHibees
05-05-2016, 12:52 PM
Agree totally especially and not having a particular go Lewis, his final ball simply isnt the best. Low and hard is the answer not the half chip ball he commonly puts over. in saying that I honestly think the movement of the forwards is poor, you would expect one to be getting to the front post and the other back post, very, very rarely happens. Great cross by Lewis near the end no one anywhere near the cross neither front or rear.

Watch them doing their drill in the warm up before the game, Gray and Lewis out wide, low crosses in to the box. Comes to the game and it very rarely happens.

TBF Lewis hit a couple of decent balls across goals last night only to see our striker (Stokes) standing at the edge of the box instead of in the mixer.

Dunedin Hibs
05-05-2016, 12:55 PM

FFS If a Hibs team get to a Scottish Cup Final then they deserve our support, end of. Much more confident about this team. This is not the time to get the guns out for our manager or team. Stop snivelling Hibs and start building for greatness. The fans are behind you, just get your arse in gear and deliver as a team.

Smartie
05-05-2016, 12:56 PM

Stevenson tried everything last night and none of it came off.

He tried the early ball without looking - nobody there.

He whipped balls into dangerous areas across the face - nobody there.

He tried cutting it back - nobody there.

The fact is, he was by far our most dangerous player and we played some brilliant stuff at times to get him into good positions and there was nothing wrong with the quality of his delivery.

There's only so much he can do when both Stokes and Cummings - goalscorers of decent reputation - prefer to play their football 40 yards from goal without any midfielders taking a gamble getting beyond them.

Gunnarson has shown a great instinct these past few games in the opposition box. Maybe he's the answer from RB?

SJM
05-05-2016, 12:58 PM
FFS If a Hibs team get to a Scottish Cup Final then they deserve our support, end of. Much more confident about this team. This is not the time to get the guns out for our manager or team. Stop snivelling Hibs and start building for greatness. The fans are behind you, just get your arse in gear and deliver as a team.

Chill the beans Tony D'Amato :greengrin

JimBHibees
05-05-2016, 12:58 PM
Watch them doing their drill in the warm up before the game, Gray and Lewis out wide, low crosses in to the box. Comes to the game and it very rarely happens.

TBF Lewis hit a couple of decent balls across goals last night only to see our striker (Stokes) standing at the edge of the box instead of in the mixer.

Keatings also not great however his movement for the goal v ICT in the cup was tremendous, more of that please.

Smartie
05-05-2016, 01:00 PM
Keatings also not great however his movement for the goal v ICT in the cup was tremendous, more of that please.

For all he was offside, I really liked his curved run at pace to get in behind their defence in the second half last night. The timing was a fraction out (I think - I wasn't looking across the line).

That's the kind of thing we'll need to see on Saturday.

HFC 0-7
05-05-2016, 01:04 PM
I think his teams are better suited to the way Prem teams play which has been evident in the games we've played. Even the County final we played the far better football.

You clearly don't think he will do well and want him out and that's fine. I think he'd be good in the top flight.

I am not saying I want him out. I am undecided. You think he is better suited to the way Prem teams play? What happens when the Prem teams start to sit in against us?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
05-05-2016, 01:06 PM
I am not saying I want him out. I am undecided. You think he is better suited to the way Prem teams play? What happens when the Prem teams start to sit in against us?

Like Ross County... seemed they had read the same script as the first division teams.

hibsbollah
05-05-2016, 01:07 PM

My expectations haven't changed since the start of the season. I wanted promotion. I had no expectation of a cup run of any kind, and I was fairly sure that finishing ahead of The Rangers who have 7x our budget would be very very hard.

So to summarise, we are still in the race for promotion, and we've reached 2 cup finals, losing one and one to come. It's a mystery to me why you feel the need to satirise the 'happy clappers' for having the temerity to say you should reserve judgement on our manager till the last balls been kicked??

Some folk are going to feel a bit silly reading back their posts if we have a promotion and Cup win double. Or maybe they'll still have their minds on losing to Dumbarton?

CallumLaidlaw
05-05-2016, 01:10 PM
Stevenson tried everything last night and none of it came off.

He tried the early ball without looking - nobody there.

He whipped balls into dangerous areas across the face - nobody there.

He tried cutting it back - nobody there.

The fact is, he was by far our most dangerous player and we played some brilliant stuff at times to get him into good positions and there was nothing wrong with the quality of his delivery.

There's only so much he can do when both Stokes and Cummings - goalscorers of decent reputation - prefer to play their football 40 yards from goal without any midfielders taking a gamble getting beyond them.

Gunnarson has shown a great instinct these past few games in the opposition box. Maybe he's the answer from RB?

This is the problem with Cummings and Stokes as a pair. They both play the same game. They need to let Stokes do the dirty work, coming deep and collecting the ball then getting it out wide or playing it through, and let Cummings play on the shoulder. Look what happened when he did that last night, through 1 on 1 with the keeper. Surely they cover that in training? :confused:

Thecat23
05-05-2016, 01:14 PM

If your undecided aren't you best leaving your decision until our season is over. That way if we go up and win a cup Stubbs becomes a Hibs legend and no manager in god knows how long would come close to him.

Lose both and he's back to where we have been before, failing at everything and prob leaves/sacked. I just think until it's all done that's when's best to judge our manager.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
05-05-2016, 01:15 PM
My expectations haven't changed since the start of the season. I wanted promotion. I had no expectation of a cup run of any kind, and I was fairly sure that finishing ahead of The Rangers who have 7x our budget would be very very hard.

So to summarise, we are still in the race for promotion, and we've reached 2 cup finals, losing one and one to come. It's a mystery to me why you feel the need to satirise the 'happy clappers' for having the temerity to say you should reserve judgement on our manager till the last balls been kicked??

Some folk are going to feel a bit silly reading back their posts if we have a promotion and Cup win double. Or maybe they'll still have their minds on losing to Dumbarton?

Really? I thought it was two, possibly three times higher.

How much bigger was Hearts? And how much smaller is Falkirk's and Raith Rovers'?

SlickShoes
05-05-2016, 01:15 PM

Feeling silly is fine with me if we win the cup and get promoted.

J-C
05-05-2016, 01:16 PM
This is the problem with Cummings and Stokes as a pair. They both play the same game. They need to let Stokes do the dirty work, coming deep and collecting the ball then getting it out wide or playing it through, and let Cummings play on the shoulder. Look what happened when he did that last night, through 1 on 1 with the keeper. Surely they cover that in training? :confused:

So why then does Cummings do this, he never used to do it when playing along side Malonga, he's a poacher, playing off the last shoulder, why in the hell does he think he can play a deeper role, he's not got the footballing brains to do this.

SJM
05-05-2016, 01:20 PM
So why then does Cummings do this, he never used to do it when playing along side Malonga, he's a poacher, playing off the last shoulder, why in the hell does he think he can play a deeper role, he's not got the footballing brains to do this.

Frustration due to the lack of decent service. He looks like he gets bored and runs about like a lost puppy looking for the ball. It was a trait to his game the first season he came in too.

J-C
05-05-2016, 01:21 PM
Frustration due to the lack of decent service. He looks like he gets bored and runs about like a lost puppy looking for the ball. It was a trait to his game the first season he came in too.

You just want to slap ham and tell him to stay up top and find some space, really frustrating.

SJM
05-05-2016, 01:23 PM
You just want to slap ham and tell him to stay up top and find some space, really frustrating.

:greengrin ken.

Ozyhibby
05-05-2016, 01:30 PM
If your undecided aren't you best leaving your decision until our season is over. That way if we go up and win a cup Stubbs becomes a Hibs legend and no manager in god knows how long would come close to him.

Lose both and he's back to where we have been before, failing at everything and prob leaves/sacked. I just think until it's all done that's when's best to judge our manager.

The league campaign is over. It was a failure by any measure you like.

HFC 0-7
05-05-2016, 01:31 PM

Easy tiger! If you look back it was just a question that I asked backed up with reasonable facts. People jumped on me saying it was embarrassing and I argued the case as to why its not embarassing. If he won us the cup and doesnt win us promotion he would become a favourite for doing that but would it make him the right man to take us forward next season?

Thecat23
05-05-2016, 01:48 PM
Easy tiger! If you look back it was just a question that I asked backed up with reasonable facts. People jumped on me saying it was embarrassing and I argued the case as to why its not embarassing. If he won us the cup and doesnt win us promotion he would become a favourite for doing that but would it make him the right man to take us forward next season?

That's a good question. Won the cup and it's tough but I'd personally stick with him. Others will want him out and I can see why if they aren't interested in cups and just want promotion.

We should be doing better though.

Thecat23
05-05-2016, 01:49 PM

We were always in the play offs what's changed? If we finished 4th we'd still be in the play offs same with second. Yes it's not good far from it but until we can't go up our campaign is far from over.

bigwheel
05-05-2016, 01:54 PM
We were always in the play offs what's changed? If we finished 4th we'd still be in the play offs same with second. Yes it's not good far from it but until we can't go up our campaign is far from over.

You are fighting a good battle TC - but some are locked in an emotional mindset - particularly after the first leg result - let's see where the tone is on Saturday evening - if it goes wrong I'll be miles away from this board ! [emoji3]

SJM
05-05-2016, 02:01 PM
You are fighting a good battle TC - but some are locked in an emotional mindset - particularly after the first leg result - let's see where the tone is on Saturday evening - if it goes wrong I'll be miles away from this board ! [emoji3]

So you advise nobody to voice concerns and be upset until we know where we are next season but if we lose on sat you are buggering off and not listening regardless 😄😄

J-C
05-05-2016, 02:04 PM

Not really just about being in the play offs though TC, it's the manner of how we got here, the football on offer, manager not learning and being stubborn.

2nd spot should've been secured with games to spare and we should've been pushing Rangers the whole way, played them 4 times, won 2 lost 2, so automatic promotion wasn't too far away.

We just shouldn't be in the position we are, we're being laughed at once again by the media and all the other clubs supporters.

HFC 0-7
05-05-2016, 02:15 PM
That's a good question. Won the cup and it's tough but I'd personally stick with him. Others will want him out and I can see why if they aren't interested in cups and just want promotion.

We should be doing better though.

I dont know if we should keep him. He has an eye for a player and seems to be creating a good work ethic and team spirit but he doesnt seem to be learning from mistakes. He has also failed at creating a balanced team but that could be down to available players to sign rather than him building it that way.

The other big issue for me is that he always think things are rosey or portrays it that way at least.

This season we should have been blowing teams away but everything seems to be so careful I worry how he would cope in the top flight against teams that sit in.

SJM
05-05-2016, 02:17 PM
How can any logical Hibernian fan wish to sack the manager that wins us the Scottish Cup? The guy would be an utter hero forever. In fact another 5 seasons down here wouldn't bother me.

Ronniekirk
05-05-2016, 02:19 PM

Given the good tunes folk were going on about getting played at Starks park Maybe you should be giving us some gritty Northern Soul Classics on Saturday Might just be what the team needs to inspire them to victory

Ozyhibby
05-05-2016, 02:23 PM
How can any logical Hibernian fan wish to sack the manager that wins us the Scottish Cup? The guy would be an utter hero forever. In fact another 5 seasons down here wouldn't bother me.

The cup would be amazing but the club can't afford any more time in this league.
The deliberately poor pitches, horrible stadiums and terrible football is turning fans away.
Our infrastructure is too big to sustain 6k crowds any longer.

SJM
05-05-2016, 02:33 PM
The cup would be amazing but the club can't afford any more time in this league.
The deliberately poor pitches, horrible stadiums and terrible football is turning fans away.
Our infrastructure is too big to sustain 6k crowds any longer.

Crowds would go up if we won the cup and the manager who delivered it would have every right to have the opportunity next season at taking us up. If we sacked him I would be absolutely ****ed off with the club.

bigwheel
05-05-2016, 02:44 PM
So you advise nobody to voice concerns and be upset until we know where we are next season but if we lose on sat you are buggering off and not listening regardless [emoji1][emoji1]

I'm not advising anything - just feel the reaction to last night, bearing in mind we are at "half time" is OTT - although you are right I certainly will keep away from here for a while if it goes the wrong way ...

bigwheel
05-05-2016, 02:45 PM
Given the good tunes folk were going on about getting played at Starks park Maybe you should be giving us some gritty Northern Soul Classics on Saturday Might just be what the team needs to inspire them to victory

Mate if it goes the wrong way it might be someone with a like of "death metal" would be a better DJ. [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

JimBHibees
05-05-2016, 02:51 PM
Not really just about being in the play offs though TC, it's the manner of how we got here, the football on offer, manager not learning and being stubborn.

2nd spot should've been secured with games to spare and we should've been pushing Rangers the whole way, played them 4 times, won 2 lost 2, so automatic promotion wasn't too far away.

We just shouldn't be in the position we are, we're being laughed at once again by the media and all the other clubs supporters.

Some of the football this season has been the best I have seen at Hibs in years as have some of the wins. We have fallen off a cliff league wise though and you have to assume the toll of the games have been a factor allied to injuries and some still playing having niggles we probably arent aware of. We are still in it though and it is only half time which makes some of the teeth gnashing at the moment a little silly. This isnt the time to be demonising the players or manager though.

mcfly
05-05-2016, 02:53 PM

Stop it - this negativity helps no one.

Stop posting such crap

J-C
05-05-2016, 02:59 PM
Some of the football this season has been the best I have seen at Hibs in years as have some of the wins. We have fallen off a cliff league wise though and you have to assume the toll of the games have been a factor allied to injuries and some still playing having niggles we probably arent aware of. We are still in it though and it is only half time which makes some of the teeth gnashing at the moment a little silly. This isnt the time to be demonising the players or manager though.

The football has been OK, not brilliant, some really decent performances but in general it's been the same as last season, a lot of promise but no end product and yes I think we're all a bit angry and frustrated, this being the best place to vent our anger and frustration.

pennyhibee
05-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Knew these plays-offs would be nail biting ,and that's just the first one played:wink:

Thecat23
05-05-2016, 04:57 PM

Better believe I'll be miles away from here. 😂

Ozyhibby
05-05-2016, 05:31 PM
Better believe I'll be miles away from here. [emoji23]

Every season there is less and less of us.

Thecat23
05-05-2016, 05:35 PM
Every season there is less and less of us.

On here??

trev the hat
05-05-2016, 05:36 PM
Really wish he would think before speaking during interviews.
" a one goal advantage can be overcome no problem "
That may well be the case Alan but is there a need for the "no problem"

high bee
05-05-2016, 05:52 PM

It's a fine line between confidence and arrogance. I want the players to be concerned and desperate to go and grab the game by the throat. No more if this it will be ok chaps, just go okay your game, we can turn it around no bother. We need urgency!

emerald green
05-05-2016, 05:53 PM

:agree: Maybe this shows Stubbs' inexperience or naivety?

Here's what the Raith Rovers manager is quoted as saying when refusing to be drawn on speculation surrounding the DU vacancy:

"I'm totally focussed on this job. You can ask questions but I'll just bat them away."

He also needs to get to grips with the stuff Cummings comes out with too. Do your talking on the pitch.

hibsbollah
05-05-2016, 07:38 PM

What the **** is wrong with that?

Honestly, he's allowed to say that, because it's true. I'd hate to be manager of Hibs, you can't do wrong for doing right.

stantonhibby
05-05-2016, 07:46 PM

Honestly, he's allowed to say that, because it's true. I'd hate to be manager of Hibs, you can't do wrong for doing right.

I think he it is expected to say 1 goal is too much, we've no chance on Saturday

Green Blood
05-05-2016, 11:00 PM
He may turn it round and we might also win the Scottish Cup! Whatever happens, he's not the man to make us great again! Move him on during close season and start again.

Ronniekirk
06-05-2016, 07:27 AM
Appointing someone with no experience given the position we were in was a calculated gamble
You need to give him credit for most of what he has done Two Cup Finals is astonishing imp this season but its cost us our league form at the business end of season and its hard to get the momentum going again Raith have it 12 unbeaten so they will have belief they can go through
So Stubbs needs to find a way to show he is up to the task The next games are huge for us and for him

J-C
06-05-2016, 08:33 AM

I think he means the " no problem " remark was not needed, it breeds complacency, we couldn't score 1 goal ourselves, what makes Stubbs feel we can score 2?

Better saying a 1 goal deficit isn't the outcome they'd hoped, it's going to be a hard game on Saturday as Raith will give us nothing but if the players apply themselves and stay composed, then we can turn this tie around.

SeanWilson
06-05-2016, 08:39 AM
I think he means the " no problem " remark was not needed, it breeds complacency, we couldn't score 1 goal ourselves, what makes Stubbs feel we can score 2?

Better saying a 1 goal deficit isn't the outcome they'd hoped, it's going to be a hard game on Saturday as Raith will give us nothing but if the players apply themselves and stay composed, then we can turn this tie around.

Folk are clutching at straws here. The man is the figurehead of our campaign to return to the top tier. He absolutely has to remain positive. Of course losing the 1st leg 1-0 was not ideal, especially given the performance was tepid at best, however what else do people expect from AS? 'Yes, you're right, we were abslolutely honking in fife and i honestly have no idea where the goals come from'?

Lets just get to ER tomorrow, shout from the rafters and hope 'the real' (whatever that is) hibs turn up.

Giro Playboy
06-05-2016, 08:48 AM
Considering the mess we were in during the summer of 2014 the managers job would have been hellish for an experienced manager never mind a complete rookie.
Because of that i gave AS some leeway last season even although he was making glaringly obvious tactical mistakes.
This season however he is still making the same mistakes and with a bigger budget, a years experience and a settled back room team im afraid that is unforgivable.

J-C
06-05-2016, 08:48 AM
Folk are clutching at straws here. The man is the figurehead of our campaign to return to the top tier. He absolutely has to remain positive. Of course losing the 1st leg 1-0 was not ideal, especially given the performance was tepid at best, however what else do people expect from AS? 'Yes, you're right, we were abslolutely honking in fife and i honestly have no idea where the goals come from'?

Lets just get to ER tomorrow, shout from the rafters and hope 'the real' (whatever that is) hibs turn up.

I agree, I was just trying to clarify what Trev was meaning, you have to be careful not to come over too arrogant.

I watched the Highlights on Raith TV, we didn't look honking, we dominated the game, we had no penetration from midfield because we had Bartley and Fyvie on the pitch together, we needed those driving runs from Henderson and the guile of McGeouch to open them up, 3 at the back against 1 striker :confused: and Cummings still thinking he's Messi, the lad need a kick up the erse.

Giro Playboy
06-05-2016, 08:56 AM

Lets just get to ER tomorrow, shout from the rafters and hope 'the real' (whatever that is) hibs turn up. A manger slagging his team off in public has never worked. Butcher tried it with us and just ended up shattering the confidence of already fragile players. Mixu has just tried it with Dundee Utd with the same results.
Stubbs has got to project an impression of unity. That we are all in this together and that he has total faith in his players.
Behind closed doors however i would like to think he is ripping them up for arse paper but i get the impression he is not that type

Brightside
06-05-2016, 09:01 AM
I think he it is expected to say 1 goal is too much, we've no chance on Saturday

indeed "oh no man...we are pumped...may as well not bother coming...dont blame the fans...its all pish...chickin little"

SeanWilson
06-05-2016, 09:02 AM
I agree, I was just trying to clarify what Trev was meaning, you have to be careful not to come over too arrogant.

I watched the Highlights on Raith TV, we didn't look honking, we dominated the game, we had no penetration from midfield because we had Bartley and Fyvie on the pitch together, we needed those driving runs from Henderson and the guile of McGeouch to open them up, 3 at the back against 1 striker :confused: and Cummings still thinking he's Messi, the lad need a kick up the erse.

'highlights'.... key word. We were honking.

Henderson and McGeouch are an absolute must. If Cummings starts it must be on the orders of if you have the opportunity, just ****ing bury it!

Northernhibee
06-05-2016, 09:07 AM
He may turn it round and we might also win the Scottish Cup! Whatever happens, he's not the man to make us great again! Move him on during close season and start again.

So if we get promoted and end a run without the Scottish that is now in its second century you'd sack him? Put the keyboard away before you hurt yourself.

Ozyhibby
06-05-2016, 12:06 PM
Stubbs has many faults, his constant positivity is not one of them. He has to remain positive.

Lago
06-05-2016, 12:30 PM

I tend to agree, I really think some media training might be of benifit.

hibsbollah
06-05-2016, 04:37 PM
I tend to agree, I really think some media training might be of benifit.

Media training is the curse of the 21st century. The interviewee says nothing of substance, to avoid any potential offence causing. this happens to the hack one thousand times, the result? His boss says 'we can't publish this boring quote, go and jazz it up or better still make something up'. The result? A cumulative process of 24 hour sports news where nobody says anything important and the press fabricate quotes to make a non existent story.
"Look. We are Hibs. Raith are pish. We need to play better and beat them and we should, because our players are better than theirs"
Always be offensive rather than boring :greengrin

HibsMax
06-05-2016, 05:55 PM
That would be quite something if Hibs won promotion and the Scottish Cup.....only to reward Stubbs by sacking him.

Thecat23
06-05-2016, 05:57 PM
That would be quite something if Hibs won promotion and the Scottish Cup.....only to reward Stubbs by sacking him.

Never in a million years would Hibs do that. Only a handful of idiots would sack a manager who got us back in the top flight and won the only cup every fan has every wanted.

Anyone on here honestly want him sacked if he done both??

Sioux
06-05-2016, 06:36 PM
Never in a million years would Hibs do that. Only a handful of idiots would sack a manager who got us back in the top flight and won the only cup every fan has every wanted.

There's a lot more than a handful of idiots on here:greengrin

Thecat23
06-05-2016, 06:41 PM
There's a lot more than a handful of idiots on here:greengrin

😁

ancient hibee
06-05-2016, 07:24 PM

Great? Great? Sixty years ago was the last time we were great!

JK Rolling
06-05-2016, 09:35 PM

Bang on the cash PB.

judas
07-05-2016, 11:09 AM
Can't be ersed reading 8 pages of posts, but I take it you are all aware that Stubbs is leaving at the end of the season regardless of season / cup outcome?

hibs0666
07-05-2016, 11:12 AM

Yamtastic!

Ozyhibby
07-05-2016, 01:42 PM
Back on probation till Tuesday Stubbs.[emoji23]

hibsbollah
07-05-2016, 01:44 PM
Can't be ersed reading 8 pages of posts, but I take it you are all aware that Stubbs is leaving at the end of the season regardless of season / cup outcome?

Yes we all knew that WEEKS ago. I bet you thought you were ITK and passing on some juicy gossip as well :greengrin

Keith_M
07-05-2016, 01:55 PM
Yes we all knew that WEEKS ago. I bet you thought you were ITK and passing on some juicy gossip as well :greengrin

I was speaking to the Tram Driver on the number 19 into Munich two weeks ago and even he said, "Huv ye heard Stubbsie's leavin?"

Phil MaGlass
07-05-2016, 02:27 PM

If that happens he wont be sacked. I think this team would do very well in the SPFL. Just not good at breakingteams in this league down. If we are not promoted and even if we win the cup he has to go.

judas
07-05-2016, 04:40 PM

Nope. Thought I was TDB.