PDA

View Full Version : Calm Down

Torto7062
04-05-2016, 08:49 PM
Jeesus It's only halftime folks,yes it's not ideal losing tonight but the team now need the fans to get behind them on Saturday,
Can we just be more positive than downbeat about our chances of winning by 2 clear goals....
Selections,Chances,Players even attitudes can all be discussed to bits but come Saturday we need to help these players get across the line.

Tinhats on :rolleyes:

Diclonius
04-05-2016, 08:51 PM
If you keep seeing the exact same game for two years, you are going to be upset when you see no progress towards it changing.

Everyone will have calmed down by Saturday.

Thecat23
You are right it's only half time but we're lucky we have 2 legs because that simply wasn't good enough and even I'm struggling to pick anything good from it.

To many players not up to it.

Steve20
Jeesus It's only halftime folks,yes it's not ideal losing tonight but the team now need the fans to get behind them on Saturday,
Can we just be more positive than downbeat about our chances of winning by 2 clear goals....
Selections,Chances,Players even attitudes can all be discussed to bits but come Saturday we need to help these players get across the line.

Everyone will be behind the team at Easter Road on Saturday. But it doesn't mean the terrible performance tonight can't be discussed on here.

Someone needs to teach those players how to shoot properly and finish before Saturday if we are to win by two clear goals.

California-Hibs
04-05-2016, 08:52 PM
We'll turn it around at Easter Road. Our performances have been night and day there compared to on the road this season!

Keyser Sauzee
04-05-2016, 08:53 PM

Aw aye, cause an Internet forum has a massive negative impact on the players during a match right enough :aok:

sauzeelegod
I get what you're saying mate, but it's getting very annoying being told to calm down and being told we need to get behind the team. We've been behind the team all season. We finished 3rd in the Scottish second tier. I'm confident of beating them at Easter road but I'm not confident of beating Falkirk and whoever is in the premier league play off place over 2 legs. We don't convert our chances.

TheMentalHibees
It's not just the result, it's the performance. I mean jesus wept. I don't know how many times I can watch the exact same game over and over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

High-On-Hibs
04-05-2016, 08:55 PM

I'll have some of that valium if you've got any left. :aok:

paddy1875
04-05-2016, 08:56 PM
Listen guys, tonight was utterly shocking. Terrible. Horrible effort and team selection. We are all hibs fans, and we all know tonight was a chance to give us(fans) some breathing space. But we're left feeling the same old feeling we've felt. If we don't score in the first 20 on Saturday, we(the fans) will turn on the team and we'll be ruined!

scotia44
Beat in the 1st leg after finishing 3rd in a crappy league and
Yet again we are called on to do our bit when are THEY gonna do their bit. Don't give me that crap please the team and management have been backed all season

iwasthere1972
Okay not the best performance tonight but it's only a one goal deficit not three or four. Some folk need to take a chill pill and breath. We've got a full ninety minutes or more to turn this around. We've got to be more lethal in front of goal.

Bring it on.

BroxburnHibee
04-05-2016, 08:57 PM
It's only half time.

I get why folk are alarmed at our inability to convert the numerous chances we create though.

chrisski33
04-05-2016, 08:57 PM
Cant believe someone can start a post telling us to calm down! Pathetic. Again players have mouthed off in the press and cant back it up on the pitch. Esp cummings who wasted perfect chance

Scorrie
04-05-2016, 08:58 PM
We've been told to calm down for years now and each year we finish lower and lower in the league. When are we allowed to get a wee bit concerned and maybe angry at the way things have been going?

Waxy
Lets start crying for our mammys if Raith knock us out. Lets not do it at half time.

SeanWilson
It probably is time for calm but I can't help feeling like I'm about to have a panic attack :greengrin

If we lose on Saturday, I seriously despair at thought of where this club ends up.

gaz1875
04-05-2016, 09:00 PM
This was always going to be the hardest game even if we get through, the pitch is an injury waiting to happen and Raith are on a good run just now. By all accounts we outplayed them but again the strikers failed big time. We are only one down and we will have a quicker team on the park and hopefully get behind them and get an early goal.

hibeerealist
04-05-2016, 09:00 PM
beat in the 1st leg after finishing 3rd in a crappy league and
yet again we are called on to do our bit when are they gonna do their bit. Don't give me that crap please the team and management have been backed all season

this!!!

Torto7062
04-05-2016, 09:01 PM
Cant believe someone can start a post telling us to calm down! Pathetic. Again players have mouthed off in the press and cant back it up on the pitch. Esp cummings who wasted perfect chance
Cummings should be on the bench..end of

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ronniekirk
04-05-2016, 09:02 PM
Everyone will be behind the team at Easter Road on Saturday. But it doesn't mean the terrible performance tonight can't be discussed on here.

Someone needs to teach those players how to shoot properly and finish before Saturday if we are to win by two clear goals.

Bring deeks back to concentrate on coaching them to shoot They seemed to benefit when he was here for that three month stint

Gatecrasher
04-05-2016, 09:02 PM
Calm down folks it's just the ship sinking, nothing to worry about.

Onion
04-05-2016, 09:08 PM
The OP is missing the point. The outcry is not really about another defeat, it's the manner of the defeat. Seen it all too often, time and time again with Hibs. We're soft and get turned over by very poor teams. The reaction is to the latest same old story. Hibs fans deserve better than this and it's high time Hibs FC found a manager, CEO and players who could deliver to reasonable expectations. Stubbs talks the talk but is proving to be little different to all the other chumps we've had in charge.

Soldiersteve

Well said. If the fans get right behind them from the start they will get a real lift and fire themselves up.
Convincing win if that happens - 3 0 Hibs!

Waxy
Stubbs raging about certain decisions.

Pretty Boy
04-05-2016, 09:11 PM
Calm soon folks it's just the ship sinking, nothing to worry about.

Get the string quartet out and a few canapes served forewith.

A minor technical problem is all.

Pretty Boy
04-05-2016, 09:12 PM

Hopefully his own are at the top of the list.

broondog
04-05-2016, 09:13 PM
said it before but I have no idea why we didn't get someone who isnt tactically inept to manage us in the play offs and the SC final. We stand no chance with that clown in charge. Hope he proves me wrong but if we don't go up it is going to be the worst season in living memory for us and all because we were too scared to pull the trigger and sack him after that awful run in the league.

hibbeedavid
04-05-2016, 09:13 PM

Should be raging at his own decisions before thinking about anyone else

Dublin07
04-05-2016, 09:14 PM
You are right it's only half time but we're lucky we have 2 legs because that simply wasn't good enough and even I'm struggling to pick anything good from it.

To many players not up to it.

best post i have read tonight cat and totally agree. i have remained positive all season but that was shocking tonight. only good thing is raith were just as crap as we were and despite the fact we were dreadful they were still lucky to win. still think we will win by 2 on saturday but starting to lose patience and i am the happiest of happy clappers.

Ronniekirk
04-05-2016, 09:19 PM

He needs to let that line of attack go as it doesn't wash anymore Its Stubbs picking the team and he now has to get things right on Saturday as am not interested in decisions We need to create chances and take them and he needs to put out a team and use subs if needed earlier in a game to do that
I will be there on Saturday and the team will Get my backing but raith have found a way to stay unbeaten in 12 games so heres hoping its 13 thats unlucky for them

hibbeedavid
04-05-2016, 09:19 PM
Can't see us winning by 2 on Saturday, we just don't score enough goals at best of times, never mind against a very well drilled team who have a lead to protect, if we are lucky it'll be ET after a 1-0 win, we only take a fraction of clear cut chances we make and that will cost us dear on Saturday again no doubt, even with 2 PT teams in this league we've only mustered more than 3 goals in a game once and that was when the PT opposition had nothing to play for.
Raith are honking but can defend well which will no doubt prove our undoing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

munchar
04-05-2016, 09:21 PM

We will be behind the team on Saturday, just as we were tonight. However, settling for a draw is dangerous as was proven. The subs should've been made a good 20-25 minutes before so, instead of waiting till we go a goal down!

WhileTheChief..
04-05-2016, 09:25 PM
Always a thread like this directly after a crap result. Timing sucks.

Green-Hibee-7
04-05-2016, 09:25 PM
Honest to god telling folk to calm down.

£70 this week alone.
The same slow, tippy tappy and hoof tactics.
No final ball.
On the verge of another season in this league.

If your not angry or worried then fair do's but don't come on and tell people to calm it when there is a lot to worry and be angry about.

Hopefully your right, half time and we will do it.

cleanyman
04-05-2016, 09:27 PM
Obviously still a game to go and we may turn it around but on the whole Hibs don't deserve to get promoted.

Some memorable cup wins this season but our league form has been a disgrace.

Torto7062
04-05-2016, 09:28 PM
Always a thread like this directly after a crap result. Timing sucks.
Timing Sucks ????

You had a look at the other threads that are ripping the squad and management apart ???

It's all about Half Full attitude with me also with the option of reviewing thoughts towards Stubbs and Players when season is over. [emoji53]

High-On-Hibs
Calm down folks it's just the ship sinking, nothing to worry about.

http://oi66.tinypic.com/2zdr2wz.jpg

SlatefordHibby
Steady on everyone, it's half time and we are kicking down the slope this half.

Really wasteful tonight though and that aspect MUST improve.

Sas_The_Hibby
04-05-2016, 09:41 PM
It probably is time for calm but I can't help feeling like I'm about to have a panic attack :greengrin
If we lose on Saturday, I seriously despair at thought of where this club ends up.

I fear it could well end up with the club being a semi permanent Championship club, appearing in the Premiership occasionally, similar to Dundee in recent years.

If we're in the Championship again next season, which seems more than likely even if we do turn this tie round, we will be in a league which includes Dundee United, Dunfermline and St Mirren plus two out of Kilmarnock (probably), Falkirk and Raith Rovers. Seeing as we're currently incapable of winning at Alloa, Dumbarton, Dumfries or Greenock, I don't relish the prospect.

As tough as we're making it for ourselves, this season could be our best chance to go back up for several years..........

Sas_The_Hibby
04-05-2016, 09:42 PM

Tonight and almost every game for the past two years.....

Heisenberg
04-05-2016, 09:44 PM

It hasn't changed. Stubbs has no clue how to change it either. I really hope we get through it on Saturday but all i can see happening is more of the same.

Lang Toun hibby
04-05-2016, 09:47 PM

The problem is that we have had at least ten games similar to tonight and nobody is learning apart from the fans who see what is going on and can do nothing about it except (rightly) moan on a fans site. This will drive fans away in greater numbers. They were extremely poor and clueless on how to play against Raith. Punting high balls to two very poor strikers, no urgency, poor use of subs will eventually put me off after a long time supporting them.

coldingham hibs
04-05-2016, 09:48 PM
I have slated the team & Stubbs, written off promotion and cup wins but tonight I really think we need to remember it is only half-time in the tie. Do I think we will win it, no I don't but there is no point worrying about it now. Let's see what Saturday brings first. There is nothing we can do or say that will change the outcome.

High-On-Hibs
04-05-2016, 09:48 PM

Two years? Where were you the previous seven years before that? We haven't looked like a proper outfit since 2007. Since then we've been going forward one step, only to go back two.

Trainor
04-05-2016, 09:49 PM

EXACTLY! Too many glass half empties!

SeanWilson
04-05-2016, 09:49 PM
It hasn't changed. Stubbs has no clue how to change it either. I really hope we get through it on Saturday but all i can see happening is more of the same.

The real issue we have on Saturday is we've looked absolute rank st the back when chasing a game and Raith have the players to counter.... Saturday could be a recipe for disaster. :rolleyes:

coldingham hibs
04-05-2016, 09:52 PM
Hamilton were two down when they played us and against all the odds still managed to win the tie. With the right attitude anything is possible. We have 3 days to get that attitude.

eastcoasthibby
04-05-2016, 09:53 PM

Stubbs can be raging about as many decisions as he wants is he raging about some of the rubbish that went on that park tonight and not blaming the result on a yes a half decent penalty claim and woeful linesman, but there is no hiding from of the poor quality passing, decisions, and finishing ....that's coaching and ability ! as a manager his selection was questionable for me and as were his subs/timings .......add to that what appeared to be a lack of desire, commitment, poor attitude from a few tonight.......some just didn't seem to be switched on and not up for it .....he has his work cut out for Saturday because everyone knows what his style of play is ....slow possession football trying to play through the middle with one two's and when we do get wide, two full backs whose delivery for very experienced professionals is 75% of the time poor !
sharp, on the ground football will win this game not the hoofball that we got caught up in tonight, that means that all the players need to burst themselves from the go on Saturday ...its a do or die game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
get Hanlon as captain he has that drive and desire to lead, that sorry to say David Gray isn't showing and hasn't for months !!

Thecat23
04-05-2016, 09:54 PM
best post i have read tonight cat and totally agree. i have remained positive all season but that was shocking tonight. only good thing is raith were just as crap as we were and despite the fact we were dreadful they were still lucky to win. still think we will win by 2 on saturday but starting to lose patience and i am the happiest of happy clappers.

I think so too mate and getting through to the next round is the most important thing but like yourself even I'm tired of always doing it the hard way.

When are we going to turn someone over in a big game.

andy1875
04-05-2016, 10:01 PM
Just back from the game and to say that performance was pathetic is an understatement.

We looked sluggish, flat footed, tired, a lack of ideas, basic passes going astray. I could go on and on.

Ultimately it is only half time in the tie but that performance tonight has me extremely concerned about not only our chances for Saturday, but for the final as well.

The team should have been right at it from the first minute tonight but it was the exact opposite from 1-94 mins.

As for Gunnarrson and Keatings being dropped, I just dont get that at all.

Oh and the bovril wasnt bad at least :wink:

leithsansiro
04-05-2016, 10:02 PM
It's only half time.

Completely agree. Bear in mind, we led 2-0 coming out of the first leg against Hamilton...

Sas_The_Hibby
04-05-2016, 10:04 PM
Hamilton were two down when they played us and against all the odds still managed to win the tie. With the right attitude anything is possible. We have 3 days to get that attitude.

Unfortunately our opponents aren't Hibs.........

SeanWilson
04-05-2016, 10:06 PM
Just back from the game and to say that performance was pathetic is an understatement.

We looked sluggish, flat footed, tired, a lack of ideas, basic passes going astray. I could go on and on.

Ultimately it is only half time in the tie but that performance tonight has me extremely concerned about not only our chances for Saturday, but for the final as well.

The team should have been right at it from the first minute tonight but it was the exact opposite from 1-94 mins.

As for Gunnarrson and Keatings being dropped, I just dont get that at all.

Oh and the bovril wasnt bad at least :wink:

We looked like a rank rotten championship team tonight. Nothing clicked, everything was laboured and we played the majority of our game with stokes and Cummings both coming as far back as halfway to win the ball. Stokes as an absolute waste of a talent in this team. We have no pace, no cutting edge and look all out of ideas.

Sas_The_Hibby
04-05-2016, 10:09 PM
Two years? Where were you the previous seven years before that? We haven't looked like a proper outfit since 2007. Since then we've been going forward one step, only to go back two.

The previous seven years we were just generally rubbish though.

Totally dominating possession but failing to score from more than about one shot in fifteen has been a particular failing over these last two seasons.

hibsboy69
04-05-2016, 10:11 PM
How to make people angry (who were actually quite calm in the first place) :-

Tell them to "Calm Down" :faf:

A sadly predictable outcome tonight I'm afraid. Will anyone be genuinely surprised if we fail to progress against Raith on Saturday ? I won't. They'll probably hit us with a sucker punch (like tonight) or we'll gift them something like we did against Ross County (another dross team).

******g Joke. Getting sick fed up of this now.

Scouse Hibee
04-05-2016, 10:19 PM
Calm down my erse,I couldn't give a toss if it was only the first leg. We were out fought and outplayed all over the pitch,clueless as to how to change our game plan. An all too familiar story,we will be in the championship for several seasons longer if this continues.

hibsboy69
04-05-2016, 10:30 PM
Calm down my erse,I couldn't give a toss if it was only the first leg. We were out fought and outplayed all over the pitch,clueless as to how to change our game plan. An all too familiar story,we will be in the championship for several seasons longer if this continues.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/123/352840552_7a9a0a6ec7_z.jpg?zz=1

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9otJbXJyDQA/T3bCAuTi5NI/AAAAAAAAB2k/i8R_9KazbkU/s1600/calmdown.png

Scouse Hibee
04-05-2016, 10:33 PM
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/123/352840552_7a9a0a6ec7_z.jpg?zz=1

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9otJbXJyDQA/T3bCAuTi5NI/AAAAAAAAB2k/i8R_9KazbkU/s1600/calmdown.png

So you saw me tonight then :-)

hibsboy69
04-05-2016, 10:34 PM
So you saw me tonight then :-)

:faf: :top marks

Nicho87
04-05-2016, 10:39 PM
Why were fans clapping at full time. I really dont get it. Did i miss something

The Green Goblin
04-05-2016, 10:39 PM

You have literally just started another thread titled "Sacking Stubbs".

High-On-Hibs
04-05-2016, 10:45 PM

So were Dundee Utd fans. It's the clap of the curtain dropping.

Pretty Boy
04-05-2016, 10:46 PM

I think a few, myself included, applauded the players that came over to acknowledge us.

A lot of booing and '**** off Stubbs' and such like from guys around me immediately after the final whistle. He made his smartest choice of the night not coming over at FT imo as it wouldn't have been a nice reaction for anyone.

Nicho87
04-05-2016, 10:49 PM
I think a few, myself included, applauded the players that came over to acknowledge us.

A lot of booing and '**** off Stubbs' and such like from guys around me immediately after the final whistle. He made his smartest choice of the night not coming over at FT imo as it wouldn't have been a nice reaction for anyone.

I personally dont get clapping a losing team. Yes ok when we play well and lose perhaps. But for me to much happy clappers, accepting rubbish, tartan army-esque about the whole thing hibs.

Pretty Boy
04-05-2016, 10:51 PM
I personally dont get clapping a losing team. Yes ok when we play well and lose perhaps. But for me to much happy clappers, accepting rubbish, tartan army-esque about the whole thing hibs.
Have you see my posts tonight?

I don't 'accept rubbish' (whatever that means, is it the same as accepting mediocrity?) from Hibs. 3 or 4 players came over to acknowledge the fans so I clapped my hands about 4 times. Hardly crime of the century.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Nicho87
04-05-2016, 10:55 PM
Have you see my posts tonight?

I don't 'accept rubbish' (whatever that means, is it the same as accepting mediocrity?) from Hibs. 3 or 4 players came over to acknowledge the fans so I clapped my hands about 4 times. Hardly crime of the century.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Think you've taken my post too personally. I like others declined to clap the players clapping the fans. Cant applaud a piss poor performance. No offwnce caused to you

leithsansiro
04-05-2016, 11:40 PM
Unfortunately our opponents aren't Hibs.........

Ironically, Hibs opponents are always Hibs themselves...

Torto7062
05-05-2016, 07:11 AM
You have literally just started another thread titled "Sacking Stubbs".
Yeh bit it's meant as a who would you replace him with for all the doubters mate..I think he should stay till this season is over