PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs asked "how is play offs a failure" here's how Alan

Springbank
04-05-2016, 08:42 PM
On Saturday, after picking the wrong team against QoTS and after sending them out so painfully slowly in the first half (when goals were the only thing needed) at the press conference after the game Stubbs asked the press "how is qualifying for the playoffs a failure"?http://files.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/14464816.Alan_Stubbs__Judge_me_when_Hibs__season_i s_finished__not_now/Here's how AlanHibs have NEVER spent more than 2 years out the top tier.You're going to make history unless you motivate this team, fire them up The reason we are where we are is Stubbs loyalty to an out of form Fyvie through the whole of December (that cost us goals and points) and his misplaced loyalty to the worst keeper in the league from Feb through to April, costing us so many goals and points.Now, we need desire, heart, passion, intensity.Can Stubbs instil that in a team?He is up against Raith and Falkirk, and Stubbs budget dwarves both of them combined.Let us now see some leadership, and management.

blackpoolhibs
04-05-2016, 08:44 PM
Stubbs does not know his best team, or how to get the best out of his players. He can GTF for me, another manager who thinks he's better than he is.

high bee
04-05-2016, 08:48 PM
He's always positive and will be along to tell us it's no issue because it's only the 1st leg. It's a great way to live your life and it may well spread to others but for those of us that are realists this a devastating result and were gonna play a team who are defending a lead for 90 mins, let's hope the players are made of stronger stuff than me cause I feel defeated.

High-On-Hibs
04-05-2016, 08:48 PM
Stubbs does not know his best team, or how to get the best out of his players. He can GTF for me, another manager who thinks he's better than he is.

We all thought he was better than he is as well. Not that we've ever made that mistake before....

Andy74
04-05-2016, 08:50 PM
Comes back to a set of poor decisions in January.

Since90+2
04-05-2016, 08:52 PM
We were absolutely brutal tonight. It's going to take an absolute miracle for us to win either the the Scottish or the playoffs.

Not a chance in hell we win both.

norhfc
04-05-2016, 08:57 PM
I can only go by HibsTv commentary tonight, but that sounded woeful for a play off game. Apparently tired after their goal, this has happened too many times under Stubbs. No answer when we lose a goal, I fear for Saturday and if we do go through I fear for the Falkirk game.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
04-05-2016, 08:58 PM

Nah, thats revisionism.

We were profligate and nice last seadon too. I dont know how or why, but he cant impart a nasty, ruthless streak in his team. It was the same with malonga in the team, who barely scored this season prior to leaving

Alfred E Newman
04-05-2016, 08:59 PM
I can only go by HibsTv commentary tonight, but that sounded woeful for a play off game. Apparently tired after their goal, this has happened too many times under Stubbs. No answer when we lose a goal, I fear for Saturday and if we do go through I fear for the Falkirk game.

You are a right feartie!

rcarter1
04-05-2016, 09:03 PM

There's a lot of them. Pig headed and unwilling to learn their trade honestly. They've been there and done that, played at the highest level - ra ra ra. All excuses and no solutions.

Thecat23
04-05-2016, 09:04 PM

Yep, from Dom! Shame he didn't care enough to stay.

Andy74
Nah, thats revisionism.

We were profligate and nice last seadon too. I dont know how or why, but he cant impart a nasty, ruthless streak in his team. It was the same with malonga in the team, who barely scored this season prior to leaving

Not revisionism. Said so at the time and it's been pretty clear most weeks since.

Golden Bear

As ever.

madhatter
04-05-2016, 09:05 PM
There's a lot of them. Pig headed and unwilling to learn their trade honestly. They've been there and done that, played at the highest level - ra ra ra. All excuses and no solutions.

We'll get the usual "We should have won" stuff. Be nice for Stubbs to finally say "that wasn't good enough and we'll ensure we're much better for Saturday" but he won't.

hibsbollah

That's very unfair.

Andy74

Yep you keep plugging that to protect Stubbs. We could have told him to stay. Dom would have been fine. Stubbs thought he had better. He was complacent. He was wrong.

MWHIBBIES
04-05-2016, 09:06 PM
Steve Cotterill in next season if possible, Stubbs has to go if we're still down here.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
04-05-2016, 09:09 PM
Not revisionism. Said so at the time and it's been pretty clear most weeks since.

I mean weve been this way since last season. This seasons team is just slightly worse - inc when malonga was here.

We have a crap mentality, and it comes from stubbs

SJM
04-05-2016, 09:11 PM
Yep you keep plugging that to protect Stubbs. We could have told him to stay. Dom would have been fine. Stubbs thought he had better. He was complacent. He was wrong.

Malonga asked to go in the summer. He wanted to go home to Italy. His daughter was about to start pre-school. He wouldn't have been fine if he stayed.

Alfred E Newman
04-05-2016, 09:12 PM

He was hard enough to motivate when he was here without forcing him to tell his wife and family to piss off back to Italy without him.

Lang Toun hibby
04-05-2016, 09:17 PM
100% correct, no urgency, passing, skill. We were a very poor side set up for a nil nil. They were also brutal but keep it tight and put the full backs under pressure and lump the ball in and see what happens. Subs on after a team scores against us is always a knee jerk reaction and Fontaine, Fyvie, Stokes/Cummings should have been hooked after 50-60 mins.

leithsansiro
04-05-2016, 10:05 PM

This is such a myth. The vast majority on here were backing the signing of Stokes. Stubbs had no control over Malonga leaving, it was Dom's decision to make. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Tyler Durden
04-05-2016, 10:10 PM
This is such a myth. The vast majority on here were backing the signing of Stokes. Stubbs had no control over Malonga leaving, it was Dom's decision to make. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

It's not a myth.

Putting Malonga's situation to one side, we had Anier starting to contribute, a player who offered something different with his physical presence. To let him return to Dundee Utd and then bring in Stokes who is very similar style to Cummings and Keatings was stupid.

When I heard we had signed Dagnall, not knowing anything of the guy, I assumed he must be a 6"3+ physical striker. It was obvious that's what we need in this league to give us a plan B. But no, another relatively small player who offers nothing different

January was a disaster and it doesn't matter if partly its hindsight or people agreed with Stubbs at the time - it's not worked

Andy74
04-05-2016, 10:14 PM

Yep, adding Stokes to what we had was fine. Malonga was under contract. This chat about having to let him go is ridiculous. Did we just allow Allan to go to Rangers because that's what he'd wanted? Of course not.

Anier and Malonga were contributing. We messed with the team and a few of us said as much at the time.

familyman
05-05-2016, 07:15 AM
On Saturday, after picking the wrong team against QoTS and after sending them out so painfully slowly in the first half (when goals were the only thing needed) at the press conference after the game Stubbs asked the press "how is qualifying for the playoffs a failure"?http://files.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/14464816.Alan_Stubbs__Judge_me_when_Hibs__season_i s_finished__not_now/Here's how AlanHibs have NEVER spent more than 2 years out the top tier.You're going to make history unless you motivate this team, fire them up The reason we are where we are is Stubbs loyalty to an out of form Fyvie through the whole of December (that cost us goals and points) and his misplaced loyalty to the worst keeper in the league from Feb through to April, costing us so many goals and points.Now, we need desire, heart, passion, intensity.Can Stubbs instil that in a team?He is up against Raith and Falkirk, and Stubbs budget dwarves both of them combined.Let us now see some leadership, and management.

It is a failure as we all know that BAD decisions can go against you in any game and as we saw yet again last night that happened. Leaving it all so late by not finishing first we leave it all so late and hope for the best.Early season I think we were told we will hit the ground running(heard that before somewhere?), it is a poor return really and the passing up of so many opportunities to catch Rangers tells you something about mind sets...This teams players are supposed to be big game players,we need EVERY GAME players!!!!

KeithTheHibby
05-05-2016, 07:22 AM
He was hard enough to motivate when he was here without forcing him to tell his wife and family to piss off back to Italy without him.

He only had to stay another 4 months, what was wrong with that? He was needed, that much was evident and boy have we missed hiim recently.

KeithTheHibby
05-05-2016, 07:26 AM

Stubbs had no control over Malonga leaving? How does that work exactly? Stubbs is the manager so surely it was his decision to let him go. Which it was and was a massive mistake. Bringing on Dagnall was a waste. Letting Anier leave was a mistake. Bringing Thompson back was utterly pointless.
Stokes was a great bit of business and the guy enhances the squad, there is no doubt about this. Having no-one to play along side him is the big problem.

Giro Playboy
05-05-2016, 07:28 AM
Yep, adding Stokes to what we had was fine. Malonga was under contract. This chat about having to let him go is ridiculous. Did we just allow Allan to go to Rangers because that's what he'd wanted? Of course not.

Anier and Malonga were contributing. We messed with the team and a few of us said as much at the time. Apparently Costa is desperate to quit Chelsea and has been for months but Hiddink doesnt just let him leave. Malonga should have been told to buckle down, act like a pro and see out the season. Who cares if his family were in Italy. Im sure they could have survived another 4 months without him.
The same with Henri Anjier. Unless it was in his contract allowing Utd to recall him Stubbs should have told them to bolt when they asked for him back.
Being the nice guy is not benefiting Hibs

hibsbollah
05-05-2016, 07:42 AM
Apparently Costa is desperate to quit Chelsea and has been for months but Hiddink doesnt just let him leave. Malonga should have been told to buckle down, act like a pro and see out the season. Who cares if his family were in Italy. Im sure they could have survived another 4 months without him.
The same with Henri Anjier. Unless it was in his contract allowing Utd to recall him Stubbs should have told them to bolt when they asked for him back.
Being the nice guy is not benefiting Hibs

The reality was an offer came in for Malonga, it was accepted and he went to Italy. Dom said he was delighted with the move because it fitted his family situation while saying nice things about us on Twitter. The club said similar.

Somehow this has been reinvented on hibs.net as 'Dom was desperate to leave and Hibs had no choice'. Even ifs true, we should have been desperate to keep him with the run in we had, competing on multiple fronts and with our well known tendency to have a spring collapse in form. It's rubbish that Stubbs doesn't have a tactical plan B. What's missing is a personnel Plan B.

Alfred E Newman
05-05-2016, 09:07 AM
He only had to stay another 4 months, what was wrong with that? He was needed, that much was evident and boy have we missed hiim recently.

If he couldn't be bothered sticking it out for 4 more months what does that tell you.

Andy74
05-05-2016, 09:11 AM
If he couldn't be bothered sticking it out for 4 more months what does that tell you.

Not really true though. He said afterwards it was a big decision for him which he agonised about and wasn't sure until the night before. Not exactly a guy desperate to leave.

He had also been clearly, wrongly, told by Stubbs he was down the pecking order. Stubbs got complacent with what we had or had brought in. Big decisions and what you live and die by as a manager.

Dunedin Hibs
05-05-2016, 09:21 AM
Don't come rattling my cage when we win the Scottish Cup Final.

Since90+2
05-05-2016, 09:23 AM
Malonga was a good player for us no doubt but lets not pretend him leaving is the reason for our terrible run of form. He was a good player but lets not rewrite history and make out we lost the equivalent of Thierry Henry in his prime.

Also its impossible to say how he would have played in the second half of the season. Look at McGinn , one of the best players in the country first half of the season but he has really struggled the last few months.

SJM
05-05-2016, 10:05 AM
Don't come rattling my cage when we win the Scottish Cup Final.

Said my Grandad, about 70 years ago :greengrin

jacomo
05-05-2016, 10:43 AM

Anier and Malonga were contributing. We messed with the team and a few of us said as much at the time.

You're right, but these are lessons to be learned at the end of this season.

Right now, we just have to hope this group of players can deliver for us. With all due respect to Raith Rovers, our players should be embarrassed if our League campaign stops here - effectively, we'd finish as the 4th best team in the Championship. Nowhere near good enough.