PDA

View Full Version : Same old, same old

Monts
04-05-2016, 08:39 PM
Possession - chances - poor finishing - sucker punch - no answers

When will it change?

SlickShoes
04-05-2016, 08:40 PM
If more fans got behind the team it would change......

We are gutless and pathetic, no wonder the supporters are dwindling by the day.

Golden Bear
04-05-2016, 08:43 PM

Nothing to do with the fans and everything to do with a poor team selection by Stubbs and an even poorer performance by more than half the team.

Sprouleflyer
04-05-2016, 08:43 PM

When will it change?

It wont under Stubbs.

2 full seasons of this ponderous style of football.

Diclonius
04-05-2016, 08:44 PM
That game was literally a carbon copy of one of our first games after we went down - 0-1 at home to Falkirk. All the chances, all the possession, no goals. The opposition get a couple half chances, one goal.

THE EXACT SAME THING has been happening for TWO YEARS and we have NEVER addressed it. I am fed up of this.

hibby6270
04-05-2016, 08:45 PM
Typical. Just bloody typical.:brickwall

Enough said
04-05-2016, 08:46 PM

THIS.... Shocking post

blackpoolhibs
04-05-2016, 08:48 PM

5300 at tonights game, 2700 Hibs fans, exactly how many more did we need to maybe even get a draw tonight?

keep the faith
04-05-2016, 08:50 PM
Half time

High-On-Hibs
04-05-2016, 08:52 PM
5300 at tonights game, 2700 Hibs fans, exactly how many more did we need to maybe even get a draw tonight?

:agree:

3500 fans would have earned us a draw. 4200 would have earned us a 1-0. 8000 would have resulted in a 7-0 spectacular.

You've really got to laugh when people blame the dwindling number of fans.

Onion
04-05-2016, 08:53 PM
Lot of huff and puff and little quality. Many of the players seem to have gone on holiday and when Cummings missed his latest sitter, could almost see them thinking... here we go again. If Stubbs cannot get the team to perform in matches like this, he might as well give up management... or go to Celtic. Someone needs to tell him and Leanne that this is simply no where near good enough. The worry is... they think it is.

SlickShoes
04-05-2016, 08:56 PM

It was said in jest due to all the "the team need us" drivel, the thing is we are always there getting booted in the baws and its the fans that need the team to perform to have something to get behind.

Edson Arantes
We'll win on Saturday though.

We will, surely?

Crap line up tonight Alan.

blackpoolhibs
It was said in jest due to all the "the team need us" drivel, the thing is we are always there getting booted in the baws and its the fans that need the team to perform to have something to get behind.

:aok:

Edson Arantes
04-05-2016, 08:59 PM

How would the amount of fans there have changed this result?

Stubbs made a poor selection and Jase made his, now regular, glaring miss.

Gutted as usual Hibs. Thanks a lot.

hibby6270
04-05-2016, 09:17 PM
Last 3 games.

Hibs - 57 shots, 26 on target, 6 goals

Opposition - 9 shots, 3 on target, 1 goal

My point is, as we've done most of the season, we create so much but don't convert, yet opposition do very little an score crucial goals. OK, in 2 of these 3 games we've won but didn't score enough, when we had so many chances in comparison to what the opposition create.

We are still playing too cute trying to walk ball into the net, taking that extra unnecessary touch when a shot or cross might produce something more positive.

How do we'd get this message through to the players. AS sure as hell isn't telling them to change their approach. Seems simple enough to me. Can't produce anything worse and who knows might just pay off. C'mon Hibs just give it a go!!!

Green Diet
04-05-2016, 09:20 PM
Take a deep breath people, only half time.

If we win on Saturday and get through we will be still on track.

mmmmhibby
04-05-2016, 09:22 PM

When will it change?

If we try playing with wingers rather than wing-backs it may well improve our teams chances in this joke league.

Edson Arantes
04-05-2016, 09:25 PM

How would more fans have changed that result?

***** again Hibs, thanks a lot.

Wait, we'll win handsomely on Saturday in time for another let down against Falkirk. Won't we?

My wee boy is almost inconsolable. Cheers Alan.

Edson Arantes
04-05-2016, 09:27 PM
Take a deep breath people, only half time.

If we win on Saturday and get through we will be still on track.

Oh, come on.

It was Raith bloody Rovers, we should have wiped the floor with them tonight.

SlatefordHibby
04-05-2016, 09:34 PM
How would more fans have changed that result?

***** again Hibs, thanks a lot.

Wait, we'll win handsomely on Saturday in time for another let down against Falkirk. Won't we?

My wee boy is almost inconsolable. Cheers Alan.

Tell your wee boy it isn't over yet.

Trainor
04-05-2016, 10:00 PM
Oh, come on.

It was Raith bloody Rovers, we should have wiped the floor with them tonight.

Saturday 3-0!

Stuarty27
04-05-2016, 10:04 PM
Cant see us winning by two clear goals on sat,

This result and getting papped out the playoffs has been coming fir weeks. He should of been sacked after Alloa game and would of given somebody time to sort it out.

emerald green
04-05-2016, 10:14 PM
Being honest, was anyone totally surprised not just by tonight's result, but by the manner of the defeat?

I think I saw a post by someone on another thread saying "Groundhog Day" - A situation in which a series of unwelcome or tedious events appear to be recurring in exactly the same way.

That sums it up for me. Been like that for two seasons now.

Dashing Bob S
04-05-2016, 10:21 PM
We've had the conceit, bolstered by our cup runs, that we are somehow a Premiership side in the waiting. And for a while, I think that was true.

However, recently results suggest a team perfectly comfortable with the championship, and that might not be a bad thing, as it looks like we'll be there for at least another season.

I think that if this happens (and obviously everything rides on the ER game at the weekend) then we need a rethink, and have to start adopting the Hearts-Rangers model, of using strength and running power to grind down teams, particularly those in the bottom half of the table, and playing less passing football.

If we don't, we risk being left behind by a Dundee United/Kilmarnock/Falkirk side who adopt that model, in much the same way we have been with the Yams and Huns the last two years.

As I said, I hope I'm proved wrong, but little in our current form suggests we can overturn the Raith deficit, let alone go on to best Falkirk AND Kilmarnock.

Green Fish
04-05-2016, 10:23 PM
AS knows that if we produce the same pedestrian paced pish with no end result and go out with a whimper he will be destroyed.
I expect to see an entirely different performance come Saturday.
I think I can speak for many, hacked off. Get it together hibs and do us proud.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

dmc1875
04-05-2016, 10:31 PM
What did Gunnarsson do in the last two games to
merit being dropped?

Why of all the midfielders was McGinn, the one who has looked most off the pace, the one that once again starts?

Why did Boyle drop out when the front three interchanging that was going on over the last two games was a breath of fresh air?

Why go back to the tried and poor strike partnership of stokes and Cummings?

Why go with the narrow, frustrating midfield again that leaves us vulnerable and with next to zero width?

Over to you Alan. Got it badly wrong today.

GreenLake
05-05-2016, 01:14 AM
I think Stubbs is trying to lay a trail of pixie dust for Warburton in his team selections. Hope it works.

Gatecrasher
05-05-2016, 06:24 AM
Being honest, was anyone totally surprised not just by tonight's result, but by the manner of the defeat?

I think I saw a post by someone on another thread saying "Groundhog Day" - A situation in which a series of unwelcome or tedious events appear to be recurring in exactly the same way.

That sums it up for me. Been like that for two seasons now.
nope, not surprised at all.
our record against our play off opponents over the last 2 years is shocking, Raith is slightly better than Falkirk but still not good enough.

Falkirk - P9 W2 D4 L3
Raith - P9 W5 D2 L3