PDA

View Full Version : John Rankin

DH1875
04-05-2016, 05:54 PM
Listening to the radio and John Rankin is on talking about relegation and the effects for Utd, the club and it's players. Been pretty impressed with him the last couple of weeks but I can't remember him being so vocal during his time with us. Was/wasn't he :confused:

Michael
04-05-2016, 06:37 PM
Listening to the radio and John Rankin is on talking about relegation and the effects for Utd, the club and it's players. Been pretty impressed with him the last couple of weeks but I can't remember him being so vocal during his time with us. Was/wasn't he :confused:

Funny, I remember him being too vocal with us! But I could be confusing him with someone else as it was a while back now.

Frazerbob
04-05-2016, 06:40 PM
Whatever you make his ability, Rankn is a dedicated pro who has a fantastic attitude. Fitter than a butchers dug. I have a lot of time for the guy. Is he not also the players' union rep these days?

West lower
04-05-2016, 06:44 PM

Rankin is the kind of midfielder that absolutely nobody pays money to go and watch. A worker yes, but that is it. So over rated By the media, but not fans of teams he played for.

heretoday
04-05-2016, 07:04 PM
He's being released.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-05-2016, 07:28 PM
Would not be surprised to see him back with ICT next season.

Frazerbob
04-05-2016, 07:35 PM
Rankin is the kind of midfielder that absolutely nobody pays money to go and watch. A worker yes, but that is it. So over rated By the media, but not fans of teams he played for.

Most Utd fans on their forum are saying if they had 11 players with Rankin's attitude, effort and work rate, they wouldn't be going down. Most (bar a few) seem disappointed he's been binned.

West lower
04-05-2016, 07:43 PM
Most Utd fans on their forum are saying if they had 11 players with Rankin's attitude, effort and work rate, they wouldn't be going down. Most (bar a few) seem disappointed he's been binned.
I totally get their sentiment regarding effort, but I certainly wouldn't fancy watching 10 outfield players like Rankin. It's all about opinions but as far as I am concerned he wouldn't get near this Hibs squad far less a first pick.
as I say, it's all about opinion.

spudhib
04-05-2016, 07:48 PM
Ryan Dow also released would deffo take him.

hibsbollah
04-05-2016, 07:50 PM
Please god no. Our current 4 midfielders are clearly better players.

high bee
04-05-2016, 07:51 PM
Utd's chairman said there would be significant financial consequences and think they will be cutting costs a lot. We have tried to keep the squad costs up and ride the storm to get out the league.

eI'll be interesting to see how they cope next year.

CRAZYHIBBY
04-05-2016, 07:56 PM
Did rankin not say he was moving to a bigger club when he left hibs for utd

silverhibee
04-05-2016, 09:54 PM
Whatever you make his ability, Rankn is a dedicated pro who has a fantastic attitude. Fitter than a butchers dug. I have a lot of time for the guy. Is he not also the players' union rep these days?

Fully agree with that, great lad, model pro and no doubt he will go in to management, maybe the United job. :greengrin

Hope he enjoys his once a season treat next week. :wink: :greengrin

ekhibee
05-05-2016, 09:08 AM
just like Fraser Wishart, another guy who was on the PFA, very average ability but talks a lot, and well.