PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: TICKET OFFICE QUEUE NOW CLOSED

RSS Bot
04-05-2016, 12:50 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6469)

Spike Mandela
04-05-2016, 12:52 PM
:faf::faf: Supporters can purchase online.....are they having a ****ing laugh ha ha

04-05-2016, 01:14 PM
Now this is where loyalty points should be used.

Stagger the sale based on points and you don't end up with people making wasted trips to the Stadium. Those in the first priority group know if they can but on day one, day two, day three etc. It's not rocket science but still we seem unable to deal with these things. So glad I went on-line, 2 tickets secured.

If this is Season Ticket Holders what's it going to be like when the bun fight really starts with everyone with +1 point.

Unfortunately there appears to be nobody at the club who actually knows how such a system works. I take it the plan that was explained to me back at the 2013 Cup Final must have been thrown in the bin!

marinello59
04-05-2016, 01:16 PM

Stagger the sale based on points and you don't end up with people making wasted trips to the Stadium. Those in the first priority group know if they can but on day one, day two, day three etc. It's not rocket science but still we seem unable to deal with these things. So glad I went on-line, 2 tickets secured.

If this is Season Ticket Holders what's it going to be like when the bun fight really starts with everyone with +1 point.

Unfortunately there appears to be nobody at the club who actually knows how such a system works. I take it the plan that was explained to me back at the 2013 Cup Final must have been thrown in the bin!

The system should have coped with this today, staggered sales or not. I always buy on the first day for these things and I have never encountered problems like this. Minor hassles yes, nearly 5 hours to make a purchase? No.

SlickShoes
04-05-2016, 01:18 PM
Any ticketing system should be able to handle 10k ish users without much hassle.

Ozyhibby
04-05-2016, 01:25 PM

But we have sold an extra 1500 season tickets by doing it this way, so it's not all bad.

scoopyboy
04-05-2016, 01:33 PM
It is Ticketmaster that is the root of all this crap and Hibs need to empty them. A guy at work had the same issues with Boro for the play off final against Norwich last season and it was Ticketmaster.

The LTA deal with the Ticket Factory and I got my Davis Cup tickets no bother with them.

04-05-2016, 01:45 PM
But we have sold an extra 1500 season tickets by doing it this way, so it's not all bad.

Wouldn't make any difference. They would still be in the priority group so Season Tickets would still be sold.

B.H.F.C
04-05-2016, 02:01 PM

How do you know we've sold an extra 1500 season tickets?

Billy Whizz
04-05-2016, 02:06 PM
How do you know we've sold an extra 1500 season tickets?

They shouldn't have allowed around 14,000 people to buy in the 1st wave

lucky
04-05-2016, 02:09 PM
Went online 10 minutes ago and purchased 8 seats together no problem.

Frazerbob
04-05-2016, 02:11 PM
It is Ticketmaster that is the root of all this crap and Hibs need to empty them. A guy at work had the same issues with Boro for the play off final against Norwich last season and it was Ticketmaster.

The LTA deal with the Ticket Factory and I got my Davis Cup tickets no bother with them.

Ticketmaster can handle hundreds of thousands of Take That or U2 fans buying when their latest tours go on sale, surely they can handle a few thousand Hibs season ticket holders.

scoopyboy
04-05-2016, 02:22 PM
Ticketmaster can handle hundreds of thousands of Take That or U2 fans buying when their latest tours go on sale, surely they can handle a few thousand Hibs season ticket holders.

But they can't, as today has proved.

And not for the first time either.

HibbyAndy
04-05-2016, 02:31 PM
Yep was sent packing at 1.45 and now have no idea what the hell im doing as i need to speak to someone direct r.e client ref numbers ..Online is no good to me.

The Harp Awakes
04-05-2016, 02:34 PM
Went online 10 minutes ago and purchased 8 seats together no problem.

Ditto.

Waxy
04-05-2016, 02:34 PM
Doesnt T in the park sellout 100,000 in 10 minutes without a hitch?

Giro Playboy
04-05-2016, 02:54 PM
Ticketmaster can handle hundreds of thousands of Take That or U2 fans buying when their latest tours go on sale, surely they can handle a few thousand Hibs season ticket holders. I bought loads of big gig tickets off ticketmaster and it very rarely goes smoothly. You get exactly the same problems as folk are getting today. Sometimes the site crashes completely.

erin go bragh
04-05-2016, 03:23 PM
Ditto.

I can't find the tickets online ?

SteveHFC
04-05-2016, 03:28 PM
I can't find the tickets online ?

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/

under the hibs v raith game

or
https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/details/event.aspx?itemref=3345 need to sign in before you buy

Frazerbob
04-05-2016, 03:44 PM
But they can't, as today has proved.

And not for the first time either.

Yip it's often a nightmare but nothing like as bad as today with much greater numbers for the big tours. This should be small fry for TM.

Baldy Foghorn
04-05-2016, 03:46 PM
Is it maybe something to do with allocating Client reference numbers that TM site falls over? You don't need a Client reference for attending concerts.

LancashireHibby
04-05-2016, 04:50 PM
Far more likely that Hibs only pay for x amount of capacity on the Ticketmaster server, so on days like today it simply can't cope, but the club don't see it to be worthwhile to pay for a permanent increase for a few hours inconvenience whenever we happen to reach a cup final.

Galahibby
04-05-2016, 05:33 PM

I bought mine before we got to the final. Got a confirmation email, and now I can't buy a cup final ticket and the season ticket has disappeared out of my account. Raging!