PDA

View Full Version : Jailed for four months

hfcnic
04-05-2016, 12:03 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/leith/man-jailed-for-four-months-over-hibs-hearts-pitch-invasion-1-4118629

Winston Ingram
04-05-2016, 12:05 PM
I'll no be doing that then...

CockneyRebel
04-05-2016, 12:06 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/leith/man-jailed-for-four-months-over-hibs-hearts-pitch-invasion-1-4118629

Seems like he had a lot of previous and was still under supervision so gets little sympathy from me I'm afraid.

flash
04-05-2016, 12:06 PM
Looks like his previous was the main factor in what looks like a severe sentence.

Diclonius
04-05-2016, 12:07 PM
Meanwhile, every Hearts fan ever who invades the pitch at ER every single time they score (or don't score) gets off scot-free.

Carheenlea
04-05-2016, 12:09 PM
The boss of Ticketmaster?

hibbysam
04-05-2016, 12:09 PM

There is surely more to that than simply "Running on the pitch". If not the court needs a long hard look at itself, 4 months for that. Seen cases locally recently where people are attacking people from behind, leaving them needing reconstructive surgery on broken jaws, get away with community service, and this guy gets 4 months jailtime and 16 months out of football for having the audacity to lose control and celebrate by jumping a wall. Breach of the peace :rolleyes:

SJM
04-05-2016, 12:10 PM
Meanwhile, every Hearts fan ever who invades the pitch at ER every single time they score (or don't score) gets off scot-free.

How long did that tramp that attacked Lennon get?

iwasthere1972
04-05-2016, 12:11 PM
A footballing ban would have been sufficient. The four months jail sentence is a bit over the top. Hope the same punishment is handed out to all those supporters who run onto the pitch in their thousands when their team has won promotion or escaped relegation at the end of the season.

Ozyhibby
04-05-2016, 12:15 PM
Looks like his previous was the main factor.
There is no need for 'look at me' pitch invasions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SouthMoroccoStu
04-05-2016, 12:15 PM
He does have a previous criminal record (from the article) but 4 months in jail seems very harsh

A banning order may have been more appropriate and representative of his 'crime'. No one was injured and what will it cost the tax payer to have him inside?

What did the young yam get that ran on the pitch and tried to punch Riordan after the 0-1 game with the penalty?

steakbake
04-05-2016, 12:18 PM

Nothing - it was "not proven" and he got away with it, despite it being live on TV and the guy admitting to it. It was quite unbelievable. That was a total disgrace.

SJM
04-05-2016, 12:20 PM
Nothing - it was "not proven" and he got away with it, despite it being live on TV and the guy admitting to it. It was quite unbelievable.

And this Hibee boy gets four months? Absolutely mental, not surprising though. :rolleyes:

I'm sure that scaffy hertz prick had previous too.

s.a.m
04-05-2016, 12:22 PM
Nothing - it was "not proven" and he got away with it, despite it being live on TV and the guy admitting to it. It was quite unbelievable.

Was the problem with that one not that the prosecution charged him with an offence that was linked to sectarian motivation (which was difficult to prove. And perhaps not the case), instead of a straightforward assault charge, which as you say we all watched on the telly?

Ozyhibby
04-05-2016, 12:24 PM
Was the problem with that one not that the prosecution charged him with an offence that was linked to sectarian motivation (which was difficult to prove. And perhaps not the case), instead of a straightforward assault charge, which as you say we all watched on the telly?

Yes. There was no evidence at all that it was a sectarian attack. Not proven was the correct decision.

pacoluna
04-05-2016, 12:29 PM

He drinks in the ex servicemans club in the heart of leith walk believe it or not!

SJM
04-05-2016, 12:32 PM
He drinks in the ex servicemans club in the heart of leith walk believe it or not!

He looks like a wrong-un. :greengrin Is that the masonic club?

frazeHFC
04-05-2016, 12:48 PM
That is absolutely ridiculous!

SouthMoroccoStu
04-05-2016, 12:55 PM
The judge is clearly a jambo.

Running on the pitch = 4 months

Attacking the away teams manager on live TV = Nothing

Previous matter or not, that doesn't add up

What did the young yam get that ran on the pitch and tried to punch Riordan after the 0-1 game with the penalty?

SJM
04-05-2016, 12:57 PM
The judge is clearly a jambo.

Running on the pitch = 4 months

Attacking the away teams manager on live TV = Nothing

Previous matter or not, that doesn't add up

Was there not 2 of them that went on the pitch when he scored the penalty? Sure he wasn't that young too.

SRHibs
04-05-2016, 01:03 PM
And this Hibee boy gets four months? Absolutely mental, not surprising though. :rolleyes:

I'm sure that scaffy hertz prick had previous too.

Haha, you're not seriously implying that there is some sort of football-related corruption in the justice system are you?

This place is absolutely bonkers.

SJM
04-05-2016, 01:05 PM
Haha, you're not seriously implying that there is some sort of football-related corruption in the justice system are you?

Boy runs on the pitch to celebrate win, approaches nobody - jailed 4 months

Tramp runs on pitch attacks opposition manager - nowt.

You do the math. :aok:

snooky
04-05-2016, 01:06 PM
"The Law Is An Ass" - Mr Bumble (Charles Dickens)

The Judge - “Conduct of this kind has to be discouraged by the Court, because actions liked this can incite more disorder and violence”.
Me, the lawyer "I cite you the 'penalty' decision in a certain SC final m'lud. There were no charges"

SouthMoroccoStu
04-05-2016, 01:15 PM
Was there not 2 of them that went on the pitch when he scored the penalty? Sure he wasn't that young too.

I think you're right

4 months for a pitch invasion?!?

They'll have to build a new jail when we win the Scottish Cup later this month :greengrin

SJM
04-05-2016, 01:20 PM
I think you're right

4 months for a pitch invasion?!?

They'll have to build a new jail when we win the Scottish Cup later this month :greengrin

😃😃

AinsterHibs
04-05-2016, 01:23 PM
Jambo Judge, or Maroon moron sympathiser.

4 Months is ridiculous when you consider what he did.
But as mentioned before, he had previous and that's where his lesson is coming from.

He should have worn a white sheet, and ran around the pitch going "Boo! Boo!" :)

steakbake
04-05-2016, 01:24 PM
Yes. There was no evidence at all that it was a sectarian attack. Not proven was the correct decision.

Yes, correct decision, wrong charge. Still...

Dr Jimmy
04-05-2016, 01:29 PM

He got punched by a ghost and a lifetime of embarrassment for being a total fanny :casper:

Smartie
04-05-2016, 01:29 PM
I'm happy with long sentences being handed down for this type of thing.

People just shouldn't be on the field of play and there are different ways to prevent people from attempting to do so.

There was a reason behind perimeter fences being put up in the first place and we can see what they did.

Edson Arantes
04-05-2016, 01:52 PM
Harsh sentence.

Beefster
04-05-2016, 01:58 PM

Yup. I suspect that a lot of folk haven't read the article, which makes clear that the guy has a bit of a charge sheet.

Jack
04-05-2016, 02:05 PM
Idiot.

We don't know the boys background but doing this, knowing he'll get caught, while already on the naughty step, it's no surprise the Sheriff took a dim view of this and the guys blatant disregard for the law.

Not sure if we ever heard the outcome of the numerous yams, not the soor faced Lemon one, who've done the same.

Booked4Being-Ugly
04-05-2016, 02:12 PM
Meanwhile, every Hearts fan ever who invades the pitch at ER every single time they score (or don't score) gets off scot-free.Apart from the one that got banjoed by that Hibby yon time. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
04-05-2016, 02:16 PM
Regardless of the offence it seems it is just another of a long line of offences committed whilst on an order and no doubt dome other stipulations for his liberty.He has broken that trust yet again and deserves all he gets.

Hibs07p
04-05-2016, 02:27 PM
The law is an ass!
Remember the Jambo that ran down the steps and assaulted the gate before tumbling onto the trackside in the Wheatfield? Pretty sure he got a banning order?

GGTTH

SouthMoroccoStu
04-05-2016, 02:33 PM
The law is an ass!
Remember the Jambo that ran down the steps and assaulted the gate before tumbling onto the trackside in the Wheatfield? Pretty sure he got a banning order?

GGTTH

You're right. also a very harsh decision

http://www.scotsman.com/news/video-hearts-fan-banned-from-all-uk-grounds-for-falling-down-stairs-1-2724337

Always worth another watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maxCFZgcgfM

emerald green
04-05-2016, 03:32 PM
According to the article, the sheriff said the bloke had "a terrible criminal record" and was on a Community Payback Order at the time. What that terrible criminal record consists of, the article doesn't disclose.

I'm surmising that's probably why he got four months jail (with time off maybe for good behaviour?).

If the bloke didn't have a "terrible criminal record" he probably wouldn't have been jailed I suspect.

theonlywayisup
04-05-2016, 03:44 PM
Was there not a Hibs fan who tried to discuss a controversial incident with the ref on the pitch at half-time in the game that Brebner got 'wrongly' sent off and O'Connor scored the last minute winner. Seem to recall someone running on the pitch to confront the ref.

If so, what was his penalty / fine?

Ged
04-05-2016, 04:20 PM
Idiot.

We don't know the boys background but doing this, knowing he'll get caught, while already on the naughty step, it's no surprise the Sheriff took a dim view of this and the guys blatant disregard for the law.

Not sure if we ever heard the outcome of the numerous yams, not the soor faced Lemon one, who've done the same.

It certainly looks like this incident was the straw that broke the camel's back. There are only so many times someone can (and should) be told that they're going to jail the next time they step out of line.

There's only one person to blame here.