PDA

View Full Version : Media New BBC deal for SPFL

CallumLaidlaw
04-05-2016, 08:49 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3572275/SPFL-poised-double-TV-money-BBC-finally-agree-cough-2-8million.html

Good to see them playing hardball for a change. Shame the actually quality of Sportscene won't improve. Would still love to see it moved to a Saturday before MOTD

SJM
04-05-2016, 08:52 AM
No doubt we will hear it's all because rangers are in the top league etc etc.

Sylar
04-05-2016, 10:34 AM
No doubt we will hear it's all because rangers are in the top league etc etc.

You doubt that's a major factor?

Waxy
04-05-2016, 11:01 AM
Wonder if sky will show any championship (Scottish) next season.

pacoluna
04-05-2016, 11:04 AM
Wonder if sky will show any championship (Scottish) next season.
Wouldn't give a toss as long as Hibs aren't in it. Without ourselves or sevco i doubt it would attract much attention if any at all.

worcesterhibby
04-05-2016, 11:10 AM
One of my big gripes with the BBC is the standard of the coverage and the amount invested in giving good coverage. In some ways they are well within their rights to say that they should always try to get the best deal for the licence payer and shouldn't pay more than they have to for the highlights package. However the number of cameras and the quality of the production they then produce is far inferior to EPL games. So why may I ask, do English audiences get Millions lavished on cameras and presenters when Scotland gets about £50 spent ? It's blatantly anti scottish...spend Millions upon Millions on Match of the day (ignoring the cost of the actual rights) and spend next to nothing on Sportscene. They are complicit and partly instrumental in the downfall of Scottish football.

I heard an Arsenal fan from Dunfermline phoning in about "His team" on Talk Sport the other day..made me sick...bloody arsenal fan from Dunfermline...sickening.

SJM
04-05-2016, 11:15 AM
You doubt that's a major factor?

No, but the point will be shoved down the rest's throat nevertheless.