PDA

View Full Version : The Huns buying our final tickets..?!

Delboy4
03-05-2016, 11:13 PM
That is my question
Is it possible...let's say they buy a ticket for any of the next games coming up as a new member - do they receive the 1 membership point that is required to get a cup final ticket??
If so, they could possibly be sitting amongst us causing a bit of bother!

I wouldn't put it past them if they're thinking about it 😁

Andy74
03-05-2016, 11:28 PM
That is my question
Is it possible...let's say they buy a ticket for any of the next games coming up as a new member - do they receive the 1 membership point that is required to get a cup final ticket??

I wouldn't put it past them if they're thinking about it 

Of course it's possible but who cares?

I doubt too many would be that interested in doing it and what bother are they going to cause surrounded?

HibsNutter
03-05-2016, 11:37 PM
I'm sure every cup final with limited allocation there will be some fans in the wrong end, but it will not be more than a handful. Not many would want to, and what chance have they got of sitting next to other Rangers fans?

FromTheCapital
04-05-2016, 12:11 AM
Just smile and wave at them gleefully as they trudge out during a wonderful edition of Sunshine on Leith after a nerve racking 2-1 victory for Hibs :thumbsup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SJM
04-05-2016, 12:25 AM
If I'm happening to sit beside one of them come the final then he will have thick skin to sit as we go mental.

Dashing Bob S
04-05-2016, 12:57 AM
Not another one of those pathetic, sniveling bedwetting threads. It's a cup final. Some people will try and get tickets for it at any cost. I've been in Celtic end at a cup final when I couldn't get Hibs tickets, I've been in Rangers ends at Ibrox because I couldn't get Hibs tickets. I'm sure there will be Hibs fans misguided enough to get a ticket for the odd Hun mate or family member, just as a friend of mine offered me Rangers debenture seats. (Which I would have taken had I not been able to get tickets from Hibs allocation.) Hibs could probably sell 50,000 tickets for this and Rangers 75,000, due to the unique circumstances of the two clubs.

Yes, it shouldn't happen, but it always does, albeit now on a negligible scale.

There will be fans at the 'wrong' end but they will be isolated figures. The databases mean that clubs will sell to their regular customers who will be supporters.

Relax and enjoy the day out.

SunshineOnLeith
04-05-2016, 01:17 AM
There's been more posts/threads on here about Rangers fans in our end in the last week or so than there are huns who'll even think to try for a Hibs ticket.

Jack
04-05-2016, 06:34 AM
I doubt the possibility of this hasn't been discussed at Hibs and steps taken to reduce the possibility of it happening.

Oscar T Grouch
04-05-2016, 07:16 AM
Anyone who was not on the database before the QotS game will not be added before the final, so Huns who try and get points by buying playoff tickets will be left disappointed.

Giro Playboy
04-05-2016, 07:43 AM
That is my question

I wouldn't put it past them if they're thinking about it  They can only do that if they were on the database before the QOS game. If they buy tickets for the play off games they wont be added therefore making it impossible to get a final ticket. Of course there is nothing to stop a Hibs fan buying a hun mate a ticket but why would you want to

Frazerbob
04-05-2016, 08:26 AM
I was at Old Trafford on Sunday. Pockets of Leicester fans all around the stadium. Loads of Utd fans congratulating them at full time and hundreds of photos taken. Not sure the same would happen at Hampden!

Monts
04-05-2016, 08:29 AM
I'm sure there was a poster on here looking for tickets to the last final for their rangers supporting friends... :hmmm:

Delboy4
04-05-2016, 08:30 AM
Not another one of those pathetic, sniveling bedwetting threads. It's a cup final. Some people will try and get tickets for it at any cost. I've been in Celtic end at a cup final when I couldn't get Hibs tickets, I've been in Rangers ends at Ibrox because I couldn't get Hibs tickets. I'm sure there will be Hibs fans misguided enough to get a ticket for the odd Hun mate or family member, just as a friend of mine offered me Rangers debenture seats. (Which I would have taken had I not been able to get tickets from Hibs allocation.) Hibs could probably sell 50,000 tickets for this and Rangers 75,000, due to the unique circumstances of the two clubs.

There will be fans at the 'wrong' end but they will be isolated figures. The databases mean that clubs will sell to their regular customers who will be supporters.

I am relaxed and not pathetic or wetting the bed..! All I'm pointing out is that the way Hibs are allocating the tickets with allowing fans with 1 point to get a ticket.
Me and the mates were talking about it at the game on Sunday where one of them suggested it could happen easier than a fan requiring a higher amount of points who had collected them over the season.
That's all...
Here's me thinking this was a forum to ask questions and a wee chat without being hounded by another Hibby, I've only supported the club for 45 years out of my 50..!

And I will relax and enjoy the day, as usual.
GGTTH

My_Wife_Camille
04-05-2016, 09:04 AM
I was at Old Trafford on Sunday. Pockets of Leicester fans all around the stadium. Loads of Utd fans congratulating them at full time and hundreds of photos taken. Not sure the same would happen at Hampden!
Why should it? Horrible tourist behaviour that belongs at the rugby IMO

CallumLaidlaw
04-05-2016, 09:09 AM
I am relaxed and not pathetic or wetting the bed..! All I'm pointing out is that the way Hibs are allocating the tickets with allowing fans with 1 point to get a ticket.
Me and the mates were talking about it at the game on Sunday where one of them suggested it could happen easier than a fan requiring a higher amount of points who had collected them over the season.
That's all...
Here's me thinking this was a forum to ask questions and a wee chat without being hounded by another Hibby, I've only supported the club for 45 years out of my 50..!

And I will relax and enjoy the day, as usual.
GGTTH

From what i understand, the club have measures in place. I think that any new registrations on the database since last week will be unable to purchase cup final tickets. Ok, its not foolproof, but it should mean theres no more than a handful of them in the Hibs end.

DH1875
04-05-2016, 09:39 AM
Anyone who was not on the database before the QotS game will not be added before the final, so Huns who try and get points by buying playoff tickets will be left disappointed.

Was/has that been confirmed by the club?

LustForLeith
04-05-2016, 10:44 AM
Here's a question. If your only chance of a cup final ticket was sitting in the rangers end, would you take it?

DH1875
04-05-2016, 10:53 AM
Here's a question. If your only chance of a cup final ticket was sitting in the rangers end, would you take it?

Nope.

LustForLeith
04-05-2016, 11:01 AM

I know of a couple of folk who just walk up to Easter Road for games as and when they can. not every week due to work commitments but they've attended their fare share of matches this season. I thought they'd be able to register for the play off game and try and get a cup final ticket during the 1 point sale. back to the drawing board

WHAM
04-05-2016, 11:08 AM

I don't really see the point...I know you could say you were there if we win the cup. But you won't be able to celebrate or your enjoy yourself surrounded by that lot.

I'd rather watch it in a pub surrounded by like minded Hibs fans and able to go mental when we scored etc.

Frazerbob
04-05-2016, 11:16 AM
Why should it? Horrible tourist behaviour that belongs at the rugby IMO

I thought the reaction of the Utd fans was great and if the likes of Ross County ever win the league at ER I would hope Hibs fans would react the same. Of course any despicable fans of a disgusting club like Rangers who celebrate winning the cup against us is completely different, hence why I said it wouldn't happen.

Liam89
04-05-2016, 11:25 AM

You must be joking?

SJM
04-05-2016, 12:12 PM

Too right I would. There's not a chance I can miss us finally lifting the Scottish. :agree:

SJM
04-05-2016, 12:13 PM
I don't really see the point...I know you could say you were there if we win the cup. But you won't be able to celebrate or your enjoy yourself surrounded by that lot.

I'd rather watch it in a pub surrounded by like minded Hibs fans and able to go mental when we scored etc.

Aye you would, they would all be away by the time David Gray walks up the stairs. :cb

WHAM
04-05-2016, 12:32 PM
Aye you would, they would all be away by the time David Gray walks up the stairs. :cb

Fair point.

But could you imagine trying to keep it all in as the final whistle goes.....I'm not sure I could. I'd be outed straight away 😂

HibsMax
04-05-2016, 12:49 PM
That is my question

I wouldn't put it past them if they're thinking about it 

The only bother they will cause is to themselves. If they do and get outed, I can't see them lasting too long.

SJM
04-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Fair point.

But could you imagine trying to keep it all in as the final whistle goes.....I'm not sure I could. I'd be outed straight away 

Aye it would be hard as anything. Think of the regret you would have for years to come though. I would literally do almost anything to see us win the cup before I die. :agree: