PDA

View Full Version : Bayern v A Madrid

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-05-2016, 08:22 PM
Good stuff so far, 2-1 Bayern with about 10 mins left.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-05-2016, 08:27 PM
Atletico miss a penalty as Bayern did in the first half.

Nameless
03-05-2016, 08:28 PM
If it finishes 2-1, do Madrid go through on away goals, is that still a rule?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
Penalty, which never was, saved. A chance there for A Madrid to kill it.

Scouse Hibee
Justice never a penalty

Scouse Hibee
03-05-2016, 08:29 PM

Yes

iwasthere1972

:agree:

Billy
Hoping Atletico win as my brother lives out there and is a club member.

Nameless
03-05-2016, 08:30 PM
Is it fair nowadays for that to be the case; a goal is a goal is a goal, surely?

iwasthere1972
03-05-2016, 08:34 PM
Is it fair nowadays for that to be the case; a goal is a goal is a goal, surely?

Could just go back to tossing a coin.

Iggy Pope
03-05-2016, 08:35 PM
Did Simeone just clout the 4th Official? He is some case.

3pm
Simeone is a bam.

blackpoolhibs
That Simione is barking mad.

Nameless
Could just go back to tossing a coin.
Or why not play to a finish?

Sir David Gray
03-05-2016, 08:38 PM
Full time

Bayern Munich 2-1 Atletico Madrid

Atletico Madrid through on away goals.

Iggy Pope
03-05-2016, 08:39 PM
That Simione is barking mad.

The fellah Carrasco is lucky. Simeone would have had his nuts if that had gone wrong there!

Michael
03-05-2016, 08:44 PM
Or why not play to a finish?

Tactics would probably get too negative. I like the away goals rule personally.

greenpaper55
03-05-2016, 08:53 PM
Watching Atletico is like watching paint dry, only one team trying to win it whenever they play and it's never them. They try to con the ref at every opportunity and waste time like a player has been shot by a sniper, an example was the keeper tonight, absolute disgrace.

Scouse Hibee
03-05-2016, 08:57 PM
If City make the final it will be the first tine two small teams have contested the final.

greenpaper55
03-05-2016, 08:58 PM
Watching Atletico is like watching paint dry, only one team trying to win it whenever they play and it's never them. They try to con the ref at every opportunity and waste time like a player has been shot by a sniper, an example was the keeper tonight, absolute disgrace.

McKenzie
03-05-2016, 09:04 PM

Could not agree more, if that was a Scottish team they would take dogs abuse for being so negative a la Terry Butcher.

MWHIBBIES
03-05-2016, 09:08 PM
Watching Atletico is like watching paint dry, only one team trying to win it whenever they play and it's never them. They try to con the ref at every opportunity and waste time like a player has been shot by a sniper, an example was the keeper tonight, absolute disgrace.They don't try to win yet they keep doing it? Strange that.

They are a quality side with a quality manager who know how to play to their strengths and defend properly.

MWHIBBIES
03-05-2016, 09:09 PM
Could not agree more, if that was a Scottish team they would take dogs abuse for being so negative a la Terry Butcher.No because Butcher didn't have a clue how to set up a back 4 or counter attack properly or really do anything properly. He is an awful manager and Simeone is one of the best.

Scouse Hibee
03-05-2016, 09:10 PM
They don't try to win yet they keep doing it? Strange that.

They are a quality side with a quality manager who know how to play to their strengths and defend properly.

Yep some folk might not like it but it works.

MWHIBBIES
03-05-2016, 09:17 PM
Yep some folk might not like it but it works.Yep. I'd love Hibs to challenge Celtic and Rangers like they have Barca and Real. Winning is all that matters and they keep doing it.

monktonharp
03-05-2016, 09:24 PM
Watching Atletico is like watching paint dry, only one team trying to win it whenever they play and it's never them. They try to con the ref at every opportunity and waste time like a player has been shot by a sniper, an example was the keeper tonight, absolute disgrace.I hope we con the ref on the 21st. win, and that's what matters. win against a bigger team, that's even better.

monktonharp
03-05-2016, 09:30 PM
Watching Atletico is like watching paint dry, only one team trying to win it whenever they play and it's never them. They try to con the ref at every opportunity and waste time like a player has been shot by a sniper, an example was the keeper tonight, absolute disgrace.Steua Bucharest did it 20+ years ago if my memory serves me well. that was indeed the worst ever final I watched. cant even remember the runners up. Best ever, which was a Scottish cup final was the Family final. D.Utd v Motherwell. second worst ever, well that is not worth mentioning:rolleyes:

pacoluna
03-05-2016, 09:38 PM
Did Michael Owen just say what I think he did.. Simone has an easier job to do at athletico Madrid than pepe at barca because of his tactics.. What noncence.. Simeone is an unbelievable manager tactical perfectionist.. knows how to win.

GreenLake
03-05-2016, 09:56 PM

IberianHibernian
03-05-2016, 10:08 PM
Watching Atletico is like watching paint dry, only one team trying to win it whenever they play and it's never them. They try to con the ref at every opportunity and waste time like a player has been shot by a sniper, an example was the keeper tonight, absolute disgrace. Before Atletico won the league 2 years ago , they were popular with a lot of neutrals with even Real M and Barca supporters giving them praise . This year I`ve noticed a difference with a lot of negative comments from neutrals about style of play and lots of comments on Spanish TV tonight about how they didn`t deserve to make final . Whatever , their results since Simeone arrived especially in Derbies have been excellent and I wouldn`t be surprised if they won league and CL this season . Fact he`s still with Atletico suggests English clubs don`t trust him .

Sir David Gray
03-05-2016, 10:12 PM
Could not agree more, if that was a Scottish team they would take dogs abuse for being so negative a la Terry Butcher.

Diego Simeone has got Atletico Madrid to the Champions League final twice in three years.

Terry Butcher got Hibs relegated to the Scottish Championship.

Slight difference.

Pete
03-05-2016, 10:12 PM
Can't help but feel the European tournaments are played on the wrong days. I'd like to see the Europa league played on the Tuesday to whet the appetite and the Champions league on the Wednesday and Thursday.

The way it just now you have Europe's elite playing first and what is essentially a tournament for their feeder teams played afterwards. You wouldn't eat your main course before your starter.

GreenLake
03-05-2016, 10:16 PM

What nonsense. You have not been watching them.

bigwheel
03-05-2016, 10:21 PM

i'm guessing you haven't watched them live...i saw them recently beat real betis 5-1 live...and I would say, including Real and Barca, they are the best team I've seen live in years...they would win the EPL by 10+ points...absolutely fantastic footballing side..

monktonharp
03-05-2016, 10:21 PM
Can't help but feel the European tournaments are played on the wrong days. I'd like to see the Europa league played on the Tuesday to whet the appetite and the Champions league on the Wednesday and Thursday.

The way it just now you have Europe's elite playing first and what is essentially a tournament for their feeder teams played afterwards. You wouldn't eat your main course before your starter.I wish they were all played on Mondays. I don't like Mondays. that way we can get on with the real world which relates to people on this forum which is a Hibs forum.I don't watch English games much, I look for or check on Scottish game(s) results and tend to be more interested on what's happening to my team, certainly if I log onto this site. maybe it's just me, but there you are. what am I like:wink:

silverhibee
03-05-2016, 10:23 PM

The way it just now you have Europe's elite playing first and what is essentially a tournament for their feeder teams played afterwards. You wouldn't eat your main course before your starter.

http://www.imgnaly.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Just-Be-Happy-Graphic-Image-m28.gif

Scouse Hibee
03-05-2016, 10:23 PM
It's been a great season for the small teams so far with both Leicester and Athletico, if City make the champions league final it would be remarkable. I love it when unfashionable teams have their moments of glory, everyone knows it won't last and they'll never be able to call themselves one of the real big boys but you can never take away what Leicester have achieved without having to buy it as city have done.

MWHIBBIES
03-05-2016, 10:24 PM
Before Atletico won the league 2 years ago , they were popular with a lot of neutrals with even Real M and Barca supporters giving them praise . This year I`ve noticed a difference with a lot of negative comments from neutrals about style of play and lots of comments on Spanish TV tonight about how they didn`t deserve to make final . Whatever , their results since Simeone arrived especially in Derbies have been excellent and I wouldn`t be surprised if they won league and CL this season . Fact he`s still with Atletico suggests English clubs don`t trust him .No it doesn't, it suggests he loves Atletico and still thinks he has work to do there. No team in England are better side than Atletico right now. He will probably move to Inter or Lazio after Atletico, don't see him in England any time soon but it certainly isn't because ''clubs don't trust him''.

SJM
03-05-2016, 10:30 PM
No it doesn't, it suggests he loves Atletico and still thinks he has work to do there. No team in England are better side than Atletico right now. He will probably move to Inter or Lazio after Atletico, don't see him in England any time soon but it certainly isn't because ''clubs don't trust him''.

You contradict yourself. You say he's good enough for the English clubs, who have shown no interest, but will end up at the likes of Inter or Lazio, who are nowhere near the size of 10 English sides any longer.

MWHIBBIES
03-05-2016, 10:40 PM
You contradict yourself. You say he's good enough for the English clubs, who have shown no interest, but will end up at the likes of Inter or Lazio, who are nowhere near the size of 10 English sides any longer.He will go there because he loves the clubs and played for them, he has said this himself. Kidding yourself if you think there is no interest from English clubs in someone who has achieved what he has.

Pete
03-05-2016, 10:53 PM
It's been a great season for the small teams so far with both Leicester and Athletico, if City make the champions league final it would be remarkable. I love it when unfashionable teams have their moments of glory, everyone knows it won't last and they'll never be able to call themselves one of the real big boys but you can never take away what Leicester have achieved without having to buy it as city have done.

To be fair, almost every successful team has purchased it to an extent. Money from oil, money from glory hunters...players like Rahim Sterling don't know the difference.

There's a new gold standard and you have to move forward and if you don't you'll end up becoming the Villarreal of English football. No team is too big to be left in the doldrums. :agree:

Giro Playboy
03-05-2016, 11:00 PM
It's been a great season for the small teams so far with both Leicester and Athletico, if City make the champions league final it would be remarkable. I love it when unfashionable teams have their moments of glory, everyone knows it won't last and they'll never be able to call themselves one of the real big boys but you can never take away what Leicester have achieved without having to buy it as city have done. Leicester are owned by King Power which is Thailands equivalent of WH Smith. They are one of the biggest companies in South East Asia. The club might be unfashionable but they have plenty financial backing.

Scouse Hibee
03-05-2016, 11:02 PM
Leicester are owned by King Power which is Thailands equivalent of WH Smith. They are one of the biggest companies in South East Asia. The club might be unfashionable but they have plenty financial backing.

They may well have but they have only spent 23m on players, The mancs have spent more in two years than Leicester have in their entire history.

hibsbollah
03-05-2016, 11:04 PM
Leicester are owned by King Power which is Thailands equivalent of WH Smith. They are one of the biggest companies in South East Asia. The club might be unfashionable but they have plenty financial backing.

But they haven't ploughed money into Leicester, which is the point. Their first eleven cost £30million apparently, which is the relevant stat, not what the owner is 'worth'.

Hibrandenburg
04-05-2016, 07:55 AM
Anyone who turns Bayern over is great in my book.

Since90+2
04-05-2016, 08:24 AM
Simeone is obviously an outstanding manager , arguably the best in the world on his teams current form but he is an arse. Some of his antics are disgraceful.

LustForLeith
04-05-2016, 08:43 AM
Simeone is obviously an outstanding manager , arguably the best in the world on his teams current form but he is an arse. Some of his antics are disgraceful.

I wasn't popular for saying I wanted Athletico to win recently but I agree with you on this. I'd rather have him in charge of my team than playing against one of his sides. Great manager who gets his team fully behind him while getting the best from the players he's got. and he's a radge.

And I'll stick with what I've said before - any team who puts out Barcelona and Munich should be given the trophy now.