PDA

View Full Version : Beyond belief

emerald green
03-05-2016, 06:33 PM
Words just fail me here.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/rangers-fans-fury-at-graffiti-mocking-ibrox-disaster-1-4117507

ancient hibee
03-05-2016, 06:35 PM
Words just fail me here.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/rangers-fans-fury-at-graffiti-mocking-ibrox-disaster-1-4117507

Try Moronic ****.

Sir David Gray
03-05-2016, 06:38 PM
I am stunned at how low human beings can go.

DaveF
03-05-2016, 06:40 PM
I am stunned at how low human beings can go.

Nothing stuns me when those 2 sets of idiotic tribes are involved.

steakbake
03-05-2016, 06:41 PM
Still, thank god that's the OF back in the same division. Scottish football wasn't the same without the banter.

Hermit Crab
03-05-2016, 06:42 PM
Old firm are good for scottish football though......:rolleyes: Utter erseholes.

Hibernia&Alba
03-05-2016, 06:43 PM
Shameful, but people who do things like that have no shame.

Giro Playboy
03-05-2016, 06:45 PM
Thats just the norm between these two. I dont even get shocked anymore.

McD
03-05-2016, 06:45 PM
Any time you think the human race has moved on....

Sir David Gray
03-05-2016, 06:48 PM

True.

Just when you think you've seen the most despicable things done or said, something else comes along to top it.

I hope whoever's responsible for this is really proud of themselves.

NAE NOOKIE
03-05-2016, 06:50 PM
Probably the IQ of the idiot who did it

Hibernia&Alba
03-05-2016, 06:52 PM
Probably the IQ of the idiot who did it

On the IQ scale, isn't idiocy below 20? Could be wrong

hibsbollah
03-05-2016, 06:55 PM
its a sign of how bad The Scotsman has got that a bit of offensive graffiti is considered newsworthy.

BoomtownHibees
03-05-2016, 06:58 PM
How do folk know it was Celtc fans?

Hibernia&Alba
03-05-2016, 06:59 PM
How do folk know it was Celtc fans?

Innocent until proven guilty, true; though I'd be very surprised to learn Partick fans were responsible.

BoomtownHibees
03-05-2016, 07:01 PM
Innocent until proven guilty, true; though I'd be very surprised to learn Partick fans were responsible.

Could be a fan of any club that done it. Odds are stacked on it being a Celtc fan but who knows

steakbake
03-05-2016, 07:07 PM
its a sign of how bad The Scotsman has got that a bit of offensive graffiti is considered newsworthy.

In the however many years since the incident, I find it hard to believe that this is the first time that there's been some kind of graffiti or nastiness about it. Really hard to believe. Why now is this news?

Don't get me wrong - it's a shocker to jibe about it, but this surely isn't the first time something has happened.

emerald green
03-05-2016, 07:14 PM

I think (in fact I know) you will find that this will be considered as much more than "a bit of offensive graffiti" in a city where stuff like this has contributed to attitudes that have led to people getting murdered because they support the wrong team.

It will be considered very "newsworthy" indeed by all sorts of organisations in that city (and beyond), and by the police.

It's not The Scotsman newspaper you should be criticising FFS. It's the individual(s) responsible for the sickening message painted on the wall.

emerald green
03-05-2016, 07:19 PM
In the however many years since the incident, I find it hard to believe that this is the first time that there's been some kind of graffiti or nastiness about it. Really hard to believe. Why now is this news?

Don't get me wrong - it's a shocker to jibe about it, but this surely isn't the first time something has happened.

Maybe because it's the first time somebody has painted a message on the wall at the bottom of the steps where 66 people died?

hibsbollah
03-05-2016, 07:21 PM
I think (in fact I know) you will find that this will be considered as much more than "a bit of offensive graffiti" in a city where stuff like this has contributed to attitudes that have led to people getting murdered because they support the wrong team.

It will be considered very "newsworthy" indeed by all sorts of organisations in that city (and beyond), and by the police.

It's not The Scotsman newspaper you should be criticising FFS. It's the individual(s) responsible for the sickening message painted on the wall.

Oh for god sake. I've read some terrible graffiti on school desks and pub toilet walls. It's not newsworthy in any sense at all though and neither should this be.

I wouldn't be in the least surprised if the perpetrator was someone motivated by attention seeking than genuine mocking the dead. Or a Rangers fan wanting to whip up self pitying anti Tim hysteria. Whatever, why give this sort of idiot any publicity?

steakbake
03-05-2016, 07:26 PM
Maybe because it's the first time somebody has painted a message on the wall at the bottom of the steps where 66 people died?

I suppose... but as another poster has said, shouldn't give the wee dicks that did it the satisfaction of the outrage.

Itsnoteasy
03-05-2016, 07:35 PM

Liverpool & Man Utd fans sickly taunt each other at every given opportunity with regards to tragedies that have happened to either team.

emerald green
03-05-2016, 07:41 PM
Oh for god sake. I've read some terrible graffiti on school desks and pub toilet walls. It's not newsworthy in any sense at all though and neither should this be.

I wouldn't be in the least surprised if the perpetrator was someone motivated by attention seeking than genuine mocking the dead. Or a Rangers fan wanting to whip up self pitying anti Tim hysteria. Whatever, why give this sort of idiot any publicity?

It's got nothing to do with God. Since when do you get to decide what is and what isn't newsworthy? That's just your opinion.

It was all over social media, and all over Glasgow I suspect, before the story appeared in The Scotsman.

"A Rangers fan wanting to whip up self pitying Tim hysteria". Really?

Lago
03-05-2016, 07:46 PM
Correct.

blackpoolhibs
03-05-2016, 07:49 PM
Surely its just old firm banter, the kind of stuff the whole of Scotland has been missing for 4 years?

hibsbollah
03-05-2016, 09:10 PM
It's got nothing to do with God. Since when do you get to decide what is and what isn't newsworthy? That's just your opinion.

It was all over social media, and all over Glasgow I suspect, before the story appeared in The Scotsman.

"A Rangers fan wanting to whip up self pitying Tim hysteria". Really?

Well obviously it's 'only my opinion'. Most things on here are 'only opinions'. There is no absolute definition of newsworthy, is there? Strange thing to say.

Secondly, the fact The Scotsman picked up the story from social media is exactly the point. Hacks surfing the Internet for puerile lowest common denominator stories and instead of writing proper stories.

And finally, whoever wrote that was a bit of a radge. The content itself showed he could have all sorts of motivation, not immediately obvious to those of us not as radge as him. So I won't be sharpening my pitchfork and heading up to Parkhead just yet, as much as the nice folk on follow follow might want.

Pretty Boy
03-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Given one of the main news story of the last week has centered around the deaths of people at a football match, it's surely not a huge suprise that grafiti mocking the deaths of other people at another football match makes the news.

The media reports stories that are topical and however tenuous the links this probably falls into that category.

northstandhibby
03-05-2016, 09:33 PM
Words just fail me here.

I feel for the families of the people who died in the disaster. It is them who will feel it worst to see the sickening graffiti. Just beyond belief indeed.

GreenLake
03-05-2016, 09:58 PM
Sick

mca
03-05-2016, 10:13 PM

Maybe they Could Wash it off " WIth a Bar o Soap " ...

ok.. Apologies.. Thought it was Just typical of Weegie banter.. Naw ??

hibsbollah
03-05-2016, 10:59 PM
Given one of the main news story of the last week has centered around the deaths of people at a football match, it's surely not a huge suprise that grafiti mocking the deaths of other people at another football match makes the news.

The media reports stories that are topical and however tenuous the links this probably falls into that category.

Topical it might be, but where does it end? The pathology of the attention seeker suggests that the more he sees headlines like this, the more likely you get copycat behaviour in an attempt to outsick the first sick guy.

Verging onto holy ground territory now so I'll leave it at that.