PDA

View Full Version : NHC Financial shenanigans - surprisingly non Sevco or Hertz related

Newry Hibs
03-05-2016, 03:32 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36189779

See Bournemouth have been fined £7.6m for breaking FFP rules.

Would it be churlish to suggest they took a punt to get a lot more than £7.6m and are quite happy to pay the fine.

Financial doping? Or cheating?

CropleyWasGod
03-05-2016, 03:45 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36189779

See Bournemouth have been fined £7.6m for breaking FFP rules.

Would it be churlish to suggest they took a punt to get a lot more than £7.6m and are quite happy to pay the fine.

Financial doping? Or cheating?

It may well become a common feature of financial planning to factor in a possible FFP penalty. For every Bournemouth that scores out of the gamble, there will be many Boltons who are stuffed.

It's the unacceptable side of the money-orientated game, IMO, but one that will be increasingly relevant. Maybe the penalties should be stricter? Competition-orientated, such as relegation, for example?

Newry Hibs
03-05-2016, 03:55 PM
Agree, I think fines are no good when the gains have been so great. Relegation / significant points deduction would hurt more and hopefully act as a deterrent.

Michael
03-05-2016, 04:16 PM
They broke the rules and therefore it's cheating. They might be in the premier league at the expense of someone who followed the rules.

wookie70
03-05-2016, 04:39 PM
Worked n the long run for Leicester

jgl07
03-05-2016, 04:40 PM
They broke the rules and therefore it's cheating. They might be in the premier league at the expense of someone who followed the rules.
Leicester did exactly the same a couple of years back.

Come to think of it so did Hibs when they were promoted in the late 1990s (had such rules been in place).

The rules are daft because they do not allow investment. They are possibly illegal if any club had the guts to challenge the ruling. The issue with Rangers and Hearts is that they were spending money they did not have. Bournemouth were spending money they did have.

Having said that Bournemouth have come a long way for a team with a 12,000 capacity stadium.

Michael
03-05-2016, 05:06 PM
Bournemouth were spending money they did have.

I don't know if that's true. Is such information currently available? Could it be a loan from the owner? If so what if the owners other businesses went under? I don't know the answer to this...playing devil's advocate here.

CropleyWasGod
03-05-2016, 06:18 PM
I don't know if that's true. Is such information currently available? Could it be a loan from the owner? If so what if the owners other businesses went under? I don't know the answer to this...playing devil's advocate here.
You can get the Bournemouth accounts on the Companies House website. That's where the story about the fine was picked up.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk