PDA

View Full Version : Mixu sacked

SJM
03-05-2016, 01:47 PM
Statement imminent. Shame for him, still a hibs legend.

Hopefully Dundee Utd put a wee move in place for McKinnon at Raith in the next couple days.

Diclonius
03-05-2016, 01:49 PM
At least they won't rehire Houston.

CallumLaidlaw
03-05-2016, 01:58 PM
Statement imminent. Shame for him, still a hibs legend.

Hopefully Dundee Utd put a wee move in place for McKinnon at Raith in the next couple days.

Raith have ALREADY come out and said they won't entertain an approach for him

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-05-2016, 02:00 PM

Probably lined up as our new manager if we don't go
up or win the cup....:duck:

:wink:

pacoluna
03-05-2016, 02:03 PM
He joined a sinking ship, tad disappointed for him.

Sean1875
03-05-2016, 02:03 PM
Stu McCall would be a good shout for them there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
03-05-2016, 02:07 PM
Not surprised, he came in with enough time to make them better but instead they got worse, I think when he had a right go at his players on air it made his job even harder. Mixu is maybe a bit too oldschool with his ways, a bit like Butcher was, shouting and bawling doesn't always motivate players nowadays.

SJM
03-05-2016, 02:09 PM

Which means there must be talk already.

SJM
03-05-2016, 02:10 PM
Not surprised, he came in with enough time to make them better but instead they got worse, I think when he had a right go at his players on air it made his job even harder. Mixu is maybe a bit too oldschool with his ways, a bit like Butcher was, shouting and bawling doesn't always motivate players nowadays.

Wasn't he the opposite at Killie? He always looked a walking heart attack whilst at us mind.

portyhibernian
03-05-2016, 02:15 PM
Inherited a total shambles, and although I'm not that surprised he's been sacked I think he should have been given a chance to turn it around next season. I wonder who would actually want to manage them while Thompson still hangs about.

J-C
03-05-2016, 02:19 PM
Wasn't he the opposite at Killie? He always looked a walking heart attack whilst at us mind.

He had a wee bit success there so maybe it made him look more mellow, i've never seen anyone go as radge as he does on the sidelines, he looks like a heart attack waiting to happen at times. It was plain for all to see that the Dundee U defence was a shamble but nothing seems to have been done to fix it, it could also be that they are on a downward spiral like we were 2 seasons ago and nothing can stop it, a defeatist psyche.

Billy Whizz
03-05-2016, 02:20 PM
Stu McCall would be a good shout for them there

Turned it down before Mixu was appointed

Jonnyboy
03-05-2016, 02:24 PM
Sealed his own fate when he said, during a TV interview that only a fool would sack him

Smartie
03-05-2016, 02:34 PM
Sealed his own fate when he said, during a TV interview that only a fool would sack him

Given he's just been sacked by a fool I think he might have had a point.

Gutted for the big man, stuck his neck on the block for them by getting involved when things were already looking bad for them.

I reckon the United job is probably more toxic than ours has ever been now and nobody with any credibility would touch it with a bargepole.

Bronson
03-05-2016, 02:37 PM
If McCall wants the job it's a no-brainer. If not, they should try and get someone like Billy Davies in.

Steve Aitken, Ray Mckinnon etc will all be linked, but too risky imo.

Hamish
03-05-2016, 02:41 PM
Perhaps Allan Johnston will be quoted.

ekhibee
03-05-2016, 03:01 PM
Could be just the job for Tangoman. Don't know if he'd work with Thompson though.

J-C
03-05-2016, 03:03 PM
Could be just the job for Tangoman. Don't know if he'd work with Thompson though.

At least the strip would match his face :greengrin

Benny Brazil
03-05-2016, 03:07 PM
Nice timing for another of our former managers?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36191093

LustForLeith
03-05-2016, 03:11 PM
Gary Locke?

Northernhibee
03-05-2016, 03:11 PM
They previously wanted Pat Fenlon before we did. Wonder if he'd be considered?

SJM
03-05-2016, 03:12 PM

Would take him back here should we be looking this time next month.

Moulin Yarns
03-05-2016, 03:13 PM

I saw that and wondered at the timing.

Maybe replace Deila :greengrin

Winston Ingram
03-05-2016, 03:14 PM
They've just released a statement and no mention of Mixu getting his jotters

http://dufc.co/

Benny Brazil
03-05-2016, 03:16 PM
I saw that and wondered at the timing.

Maybe replace Deila :greengrin

Ha now that would be funny - he has history of crossing cities before hasnt he :greengrin

Sky Sports just saying official DUFC statement that Mixu hasnt been sacked.

03-05-2016, 03:22 PM

Seems a fitting description of their Chairman.
I see he's also running off trying to sell Utd now and run away from the mess he's created.

Feel sorry for Mixu - inherited a sinking ship and asked to work miracles.

hibees 7062
03-05-2016, 03:28 PM
Gary Locke?

QOTS . I heard it's McKinnon

Thecat23
03-05-2016, 03:33 PM
Nice guy, ***** manager.

Tyler Durden
03-05-2016, 03:41 PM
Seems a fitting description of their Chairman.
I see he's also running off trying to sell Utd now and run away from the mess he's created.

Feel sorry for Mixu - inherited a sinking ship and asked to work miracles.

Not really - took over after 10/11 games and asked to claw back 6/7 points on teams like Hamilton and Partick that he had twice the budget of.

Mixu is more culpable than anyone that they're relegated IMO. Seems to have regressed since his time at Killie and doubt he'll get another job in the UK ever. He doesn't appear to have the temperament for the modern game

Michael
03-05-2016, 04:21 PM
Not really - took over after 10/11 games and asked to claw back 6/7 points on teams like Hamilton and Partick that he had twice the budget of.

Mixu is more culpable than anyone that they're relegated IMO. Seems to have regressed since his time at Killie and doubt he'll get another job in the UK ever. He doesn't appear to have the temperament for the modern game

Twice the budget...but already spent on rubbish players. I think it's harsh.

ShinyFantastic
03-05-2016, 04:38 PM

This!

Pretty Boy
03-05-2016, 04:41 PM
They've just released a statement and no mention of Mixu getting his jotters

http://dufc.co/

The similarities between them and Hibs in previous years is uncanny.

That statement reads like a Forsyth special.

SeanWilson
03-05-2016, 04:41 PM

We agree on something! :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
03-05-2016, 05:06 PM
SSN now reporting they expect Mixu to leave in next 48 hours

SJM
03-05-2016, 05:12 PM
We agree on something! :greengrin

:na na: :greengrin

LustForLeith
03-05-2016, 05:28 PM

Funny, just finished Football Manager for this season and after Mixu got sacked thats who got his job

Enough said
03-05-2016, 05:42 PM

This

hibsbollah
03-05-2016, 05:49 PM
Mixu was cut a lot of slack at Hibs because of his playing career. The truth is he was a poor manager with an eye bleeding ly dull approach. His 505 no midfield formation springs to mind, I'll remember him as just behind Calderwood and Butcher in a list of managerial infamy.

ZAGREB RED
03-05-2016, 06:16 PM
I think probably the thing holding it up is how much they have to pay him to go, plus Stephen Thompson wants out himself so maybe he is more intent on bailing out himself than working out how much Mixu gets with his jotters. I think all the United fans will be able to go up to Inverness in the same minibus (car ?) on Friday, although quite a few stayed on after the final whistle at Dens...so maybe 2 minibuses then....:wink:

Scouse Hibee
03-05-2016, 06:20 PM
He has not been sacked yet!

G B Young
03-05-2016, 06:26 PM
The similarities between them and Hibs in previous years is uncanny.

That statement reads like a Forsyth special.

I'm assuming Hibs no longer use his PR services? As you say, the dour, non-informative statements that used to be issued did nothing to enhance the image of the club.

Billy Whizz
03-05-2016, 06:27 PM
I'm assuming Hibs no longer use his PR services? As you say, the dour, non-informative statements that used to be issued did nothing to enhance the image of the club.

I see him at most games with Rod, not sure if he still works for us, or is just going as a fan

Baldy Foghorn
03-05-2016, 06:30 PM
I see him at most games with Rod, not sure if he still works for us, or is just going as a fan

Still works for Club

HappyHanlon
03-05-2016, 06:31 PM
Gone now

G B Young
03-05-2016, 06:32 PM
Mixu was cut a lot of slack at Hibs because of his playing career. The truth is he was a poor manager with an eye bleeding ly dull approach. His 505 no midfield formation springs to mind, I'll remember him as just behind Calderwood and Butcher in a list of managerial infamy.

I'm pretty sure he had us finishing sixth two seasons running which might not seem spectacular but is considerably better than any of his successors thus far. Also seem to recall he was named manager of the season while with Killie. But overall, you just sense he's not got what it takes to be truly successful.

Still a joy to watch scoring a hat-trick against Hearts mind :-)

G B Young
03-05-2016, 06:34 PM
Still works for Club

His role must have been amended in some way as the tone of the news content coming out of the club has improved considerably since Dempster arrived.

Thecat23
03-05-2016, 06:35 PM
Can't believe some would take him back 😳

Speak to any Utd supporter and they will tell you his football was *****. I'll be surprised if he's offered another job again in Scotland's top flight.

Baldy Foghorn
03-05-2016, 06:37 PM
Can't believe some would take him back 

Speak to any Utd supporter and they will tell you his football was *****. I'll be surprised if he's offered another job again in Scotland's top flight.

Wouldn't take him back in any circumstance.......

JimBHibees
03-05-2016, 06:38 PM

I think some were talking about GJP being available. Wouldn't take either.

jdships
03-05-2016, 06:49 PM

Amen and Awoman to that :greengrin
OMG just the thought of it :rolleyes:

jacomo
03-05-2016, 06:58 PM

Blimey, if Mixu was cut some slack then I'd hate to see the fans get impatient.

My memory is that he tried to up the tempo of our play but the team rarely looked balanced or comfortable with what they were being asked to do.

He also lost good players and failed to replace them.

J-C
03-05-2016, 07:01 PM
Did the same at United, changed their whole playing style instead of playing to their strengths.

Smartie
03-05-2016, 07:06 PM
Blimey, if Mixu was cut some slack then I'd hate to see the fans get impatient.

My memory is that he tried to up the tempo of our play but the team rarely looked balanced or comfortable with what they were being asked to do.

He also lost good players and failed to replace them.

Mixu was far from disastrous.

It was early in his managerial career and he made mistakes for sure and the football wasn't great.

But he was at Hibs during that destructive spell when we were flogging good players and not putting enough money back in to replace them.

He still managed to buy some decent players and improve others.

We were used to better than him at that point so we were a bit impatient and it seemed at the time that it wasn't really working.

But if you hound out rookie managers for finishing 6th whilst overseeing a lot of change then frankly you deserve to be managed by the Calderwoods and Butchers of this world.

I think he was doomed to fail at United from the outset. The chairman is a walloper, their squad was awful and he had to go for a while with McNamara's players without being able to improve the squad. By the time January came they were struggling and just chucking money at their hopeless squad wasn't going to be enough.

He shouldn't have taken the job as it will have done his reputation no good.

SJM
03-05-2016, 07:08 PM

I personally was talking about Ginger Judas Prick, :aok:

Dashing Bob S
03-05-2016, 07:23 PM

It was early in his managerial career and he made mistakes for sure and the football wasn't great.

But he was at Hibs during that destructive spell when we were flogging good players and not putting enough money back in to replace them.

We were used to better than him at that point so we were a bit impatient and it seemed at the time that it wasn't really working.

But if you hound out rookie managers for finishing 6th whilst overseeing a lot of change then frankly you deserve to be managed by the Calderwoods and Butchers of this world.

I think he was doomed to fail at United from the outset. The chairman is a walloper, their squad was awful and he had to go for a while with McNamara's players without being able to improve the squad. By the time January came they were struggling and just chucking money at their hopeless squad wasn't going to be enough.

Good post, especially the highlighted bit. In fact, unless you let a rookie manager breathe, you WILL be managed by the aforementioned as that's your basic options. A new guy with flair, or a crusty old twat who has been a serial failure everywhere else and will bore the arse of you and probably mess up your club.

Booked4Being-Ugly
03-05-2016, 07:23 PM

He shouldn't have taken the job as it will have done his reputation no good.Good post. Mixu had to work with the absolute dross signings Collins made.

.Sean.
03-05-2016, 08:22 PM
Maybe not a popular view but I really dinny mind Jimmy Calderwood and I think he'd do well there.

Scorrie
03-05-2016, 08:39 PM
They might go for Malpas ...😈

Pretty Boy
03-05-2016, 08:42 PM
Maybe not a popular view but I really dinny mind Jimmy Calderwood and I think he'd do well there.

His record in Scotland is more than decent.

He'll do a job for somebody given the chance, whether any group of fans would be willing to give him a chance is another matter of course.

Hibby Bairn
03-05-2016, 08:56 PM
Good post. Mixu had to work with the absolute dross signings Collins made.

Gave Hanlon his debut iirc.

Brightside
03-05-2016, 09:06 PM
Why on earth would someone want Mixu as the manager?? Utd football was awful! We battered them at Easter Rd!

pacoluna
03-05-2016, 09:54 PM
Can't believe some would take him back 😳

Wonder how many thought the same about yogi before he got the ict job, sometimes certain managers don't fit with certain teams, perhaps the reason yogi has been successful at ict is because he hasn't had inpatient fans on his back.

Wilson
03-05-2016, 09:57 PM

I'd take him back if we're doing a low budget remake of Daredevil and we need a cheap Wilson Fisk.

SJM
03-05-2016, 10:08 PM
Wonder how many thought the same about yogi before he got the ict job, sometimes certain managers don't fit with certain teams, perhaps the reason yogi has been successful at ict is because he hasn't had inpatient fans on his back.

Many Inverness weirdo fans want Yogi punted. Crazy.

SJM
03-05-2016, 10:10 PM

In the Scottish I think maybe Jan. we won and I think he scored played left back.

hibee62
03-05-2016, 10:43 PM
In the Scottish I think maybe Jan. we won and I think he scored played left back.

I think it was a 3-0 win over ICT, Dean Shiels hattrick, I do recall Hanlon having a chance from a header at the FF end. He did score against Irvine meadow, from left back, a couple of years later on in the cup.

Bishop Hibee
03-05-2016, 11:10 PM

Good post. I remember Mixu's team getting two 0-0 draws at home fairly close together against Oldco and Celtc who both had far better teams then than their equivalents today. Both teams were going full throttle for the title and we nullified them. The :casper: derby was a classic too! We'd become used to better under Mowbray and to a degree Collins and the fans wouldn't have bought Season Tickets if he hadn't left. Little did we know what was ahead :rolleyes:

Forza Fred
03-05-2016, 11:29 PM
Instarted to seriously worry about Mixu when he signed Joe Keenan, a player who the Newcastle Jets out here wouldn't sign after a trial period.

snooky
04-05-2016, 01:04 AM

He also put Louie in the wilderness for a season.
(Cue postive and negative posts on that one!)
Loved Mixu as a player but eh, no thanks, re. a manager

MWHIBBIES
04-05-2016, 01:11 AM
He also put Louie in the wilderness for a season.
(Cue postive and negative posts on that one!)
Loved Mixu as a player but eh, no thanks, re. a managerThat was Hughes, Lewis played 32 times in Mixus only full season.

Sean1875
04-05-2016, 10:16 AM
that's Mixu officially been sacked now.

pacoluna
04-05-2016, 10:22 AM
that's Mixu officially been sacked now.

Thompson has to be looked at as doing something about there demise, when in fact the buck should stop with him.

Thecat23
04-05-2016, 12:02 PM

Or because they have zero expectations and not many fans. It's a small club and sometimes managers can work at small clubs. Hibs isn't a small club and the demand for success is far higher.

Diclonius
04-05-2016, 12:12 PM
Good post. I remember Mixu's team getting two 0-0 draws at home fairly close together against Oldco and Celtc who both had far better teams then than their equivalents today. Both teams were going full throttle for the title and we nullified them. The :casper: derby was a classic too! We'd become used to better under Mowbray and to a degree Collins and the fans wouldn't have bought Season Tickets if he hadn't left. Little did we know what was ahead :rolleyes:

We actually drew 1-1 with Rangers - were 1-0 until late on.

There were some great results near the end of Mixu's tenure - the 1-0 at Tynecastle is to this day one of my all time favourites - but it was too little, too late given we had nothing to play for by then. The Scottish Cup exit to Hearts did it for me.

SJM
04-05-2016, 12:14 PM
We actually drew 1-1 with Rangers - were 1-0 until late on.

There were some great results near the end of Mixu's tenure - the 1-0 at Tynecastle is to this day one of my all time favourites - but it was too little, too late given we had nothing to play for by then. The Scottish Cup exit to Hearts did it for me.

Riordan scored eh?

Scottish Cup we were unlucky - Berra conned the ref and Nade scored from a goalie muck up (shock)

pacoluna
04-05-2016, 12:35 PM
Or because they have zero expectations and not many fans. It's a small club and sometimes managers can work at small clubs. Hibs isn't a small club and the demand for success is far higher.

Depending on your expectations.. yogi was in my eyes a pretty successful manager at Hibs, one of the few I felt where harshly treated.

Ridiculous that he only lasted a season and a bit at Hibs.

J-C
04-05-2016, 02:00 PM
Depending on your expectations.. yogi was in my eyes a pretty successful manager at Hibs, one of the few I felt where harshly treated.

Ridiculous that he only lasted a season and a bit at Hibs.

Yogi's 1st season was very good, we reached Europe but his 2nd season was a disaster, the team started badly and he didn't have a plan B to change things.

heretoday
04-05-2016, 05:55 PM
John Rankin is being released

hibsbollah
04-05-2016, 07:27 PM
Instarted to seriously worry about Mixu when he signed Joe Keenan, a player who the Newcastle Jets out here wouldn't sign after a trial period.

I remember Keenan, terrible.

bigwheel
04-05-2016, 07:33 PM
I remember Keenan, terrible.

one of the worst, in a long line of some bad signings....mind you always thought Colin Murdoch was up there in any list too!