PDA

View Full Version : Logan- coincidence or not

Unseen work
02-05-2016, 01:41 PM
Was wondering what people's opinions are on the fact that in the games he has started we haven't conceeded?

Is it a coincidence or is it down to him being more vocal and organising the players better nd putting in a good performance?

Thecat23
02-05-2016, 01:45 PM
He's very good at making sure the players know if there is anyone running the channels and to get in them. For me a keeper who's vocal can only be a good thing.

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2016, 01:46 PM
Organises and commands area well.

Only had 1 real save to make against Dumbarton and a couple of crosses to deal with yesterday though. 3 clean sheets not to be sniffed at though:aok:

Big_Franck
02-05-2016, 01:48 PM
He's had virtually nothing to do in the Dumbarton and QOS games so it's hard to judge him to be honest. He'll obviously not play like he did in the semi every week, if he was capable of that he'd not be at Hibs. Time will tell if he's better than Oxley but what I do like about him is that he shows a bit of urgency when he collects the ball and is always looking to start a counter attack. Something Oxley very, very rarely does.

HibsNutter
02-05-2016, 01:55 PM
Organises the defence well, which has helped him in having little to do. But what he has had to do in terms of shot-stopping, he's done very well. Our number one at this point for sure.

Brightside
02-05-2016, 01:58 PM
lets not over think it. he didn't have a save to make against QoS.

Thecat23
02-05-2016, 02:03 PM

I agree regarding the QOS game. He never really had anything at all to do. Is still play him in the remaining games and I like Ox but feel Logan is a better keeper.

Cod Boy
02-05-2016, 02:03 PM

Yeah most of us could have played in goal yesterday.

Franck Stanton
02-05-2016, 02:07 PM
Think the back 4 have more confidence with Logan behind them than Oxley. Logan is far more vocal and appears to know what he is doing/shouting. Think back to when Oxley was starting every week, we had to score two goals just to make up for Oxleys blunder. Logan is by far the better keeper.

Pretty Boy
02-05-2016, 02:09 PM
He's done everything asked of him in his 2 games.

If Oxley has been dropped as opposed to rested I do find the timing a bit strange considering he played well in the game after the Rangers game (and in that game barring the mistake tbh).

Big call for Stubbs this week.

hfcnic
02-05-2016, 02:11 PM
Really hope it is not a coincidence, but you can see the confidence in the defense when he is in goals.

I am in no way an Oxley hater but I do want things to work out with Conrad, as a team we need to improve all the time and sometimes that means changing players etc. :thumbsup:

Thecat23
02-05-2016, 02:11 PM
Think the back 4 have more confidence with Logan behind them than Oxley. Logan is far more vocal and appears to know what he is doing/shouting. Think back to when Oxley was starting every week, we had to score two goals just to make up for Oxleys blunder. Logan is by far the better keeper.

That's not exactly true though is it. Oxley wasn't making blunders every week. Our strikers though weren't taking the chances put to them. Ox for the first half of the season was actually playing very well.

CallumLaidlaw
02-05-2016, 02:21 PM
Someone mentioned before the Dumbarton game that Oxley was going to get rested for the last two games but would be back in for the playoffs. Just have to see if it was correct

bingo70
02-05-2016, 02:28 PM

Peter schmeichal once said you can tell a good keeper by how few saves they have to make. The best keepers organise their defences, they are listened to by their defenders, they claim the crosses and get their angles right.

I don't know if that has been the case with Logan but he certainly seems a lot more commanding than Oxley, there was one half chance in particular that qots made an arse of that I can think of, Logan came out his goal absolutely screaming at the Hibs player that made a mistake.

I also like his urgency, I think that sets the tone for the whole team.

hibsdaft
02-05-2016, 02:29 PM
Wednesday will be the real test. A clean sheet would be a great result.

O'Rourke3
02-05-2016, 02:34 PM
I think with Conrad in yesterday the QOS players didn't consider shooting from distance as he's an unknown quantity.

I don't think Lyle would have hesitated to have a go against Mark with that half chance on the edge of the box. Interestingly Paul Mitchell described that period as Hibs are rocking under the QOS pressure....

So the no shots on goal could still be down to his presence in the team.

hibee
02-05-2016, 02:35 PM
Someone mentioned before the Dumbarton game that Oxley was going to get rested for the last two games but would be back in for the playoffs. Just have to see if it was correct

I'm fully expecting Oxley to be back for the play offs, just hope the fans support him whether we agree with the decision or not as there's nothing worse than a nervous keeper!

scooby
02-05-2016, 02:50 PM
I'm fully expecting Oxley to be back for the play offs, just hope the fans support him whether we agree with the decision or not as there's nothing worse than a nervous keeper!

I really hope not, we need clean sheets to progress.

hibbysam
02-05-2016, 02:55 PM
I really hope not, we need clean sheets to progress.

You do realise Oxley has kept many clean sheets this season, including in his last game at Morton where he was outstanding? I'm not worried in the slightest whichever goalkeeper plays.

Penicuik Hibee
02-05-2016, 03:07 PM
Conrad reminds me of Budgie. Loves the way he is always vocal and organising his defence. In reality he has only had one good game as the last 2 he has had nothing to do. But so far he has passed every test that has come his way. Ox seems like a good guy, but his confidence is low and he has made too many mistakes. Conrads experience could well be required in the play offs

Vault Boy
02-05-2016, 03:51 PM
Really hope it is not a coincidence, but you can see the confidence in the defense when he is in goals.

I am in no way an Oxley hater but I do want things to work out with Conrad, as a team we need to improve all the time and sometimes that means changing players etc. :thumbsup:

That's the way I see it. In good teams, even the decent players aren't always safe - if a better option crops up it's only pragmatic to take it.

Nicho87
02-05-2016, 03:52 PM
No goals conceaded in 300 minutes. Its a no brainer for me.

Scouse Hibee
02-05-2016, 04:13 PM
Not sure myself, pretty slow and cumbersome with the ball at his feet, has had one good game with a few decent saves,jury is still out for me.

biotech
02-05-2016, 04:30 PM
The team has been short of confidence lately. Having an experienced vocal leadership figure, like Logan, can only benefit the team. He should keep the Jersey.

CallumLaidlaw
02-05-2016, 04:31 PM
Not sure myself, pretty slow and cumbersome with the ball at his feet, has had one good game with a few decent saves,jury is still out for me.

I actually thought his kicking was excellent yesterday. And he likes to try and release the ball early too

Brooster
02-05-2016, 04:38 PM
Like night and day. Would be bonkers to drop Logan.

leggeto
02-05-2016, 04:42 PM
I like him,I'm not bothered about and keeper who makes unbelievable saves each game,just one that makes no mistakes,there was a moment where the ball went really high against qots and needed a catch and I wasn't too nervous about him catching it,,which he did

iwasthere1972
02-05-2016, 04:42 PM
Played well against Dundee United and got us to the final. Maybe beginners luck as Dumbarton and Queen of the South were both hopeless and between them hardly had a shot on target. Time will tell of course but far too early to compare him with Oxley. He does, for some reason, remind me of Willie Wilson.

shetlandhibee
02-05-2016, 04:45 PM

a few decent saves? about 4 one on ones and 2 penaltys, imho best performance from a hibs keeper in that important game for decades....HULK LOGAN deserves his chance... and i think hes grabbed it with both hands, ide be surprised to see oxley back in goal this season... but if he is he,ll get my full suport GGTTH..

Scouse Hibee
02-05-2016, 04:52 PM
a few decent saves? about 4 one on ones and 2 penaltys, imho best performance from a hibs keeper in that important game for decades....HULK LOGAN deserves his chance... and i think hes grabbed it with both hands, ide be surprised to see oxley back in goal this season... but if he is he,ll get my full suport GGTTH..

Yes a few decent saves that I would expect a keeper to make.The penalty saves were decent too.

Silver Fox
02-05-2016, 05:16 PM
I think Oxley will be back on Wednesday, likewise JC will start, this was stubbs' token rest them before the playoff's team, he said as much previously, imo. :gwa2:

Hibee Mac
02-05-2016, 05:36 PM
Let's not forget that Oxley hasn't had a lot to do either in many of the games we've conceeded in.

Obviously impossible to tell in 3 games but I don't think it's a coincidence that a very vocal and technically sound keeper is giving the defence confidence and keeping cleen sheets.

Must remain in the team for me.

Franck Stanton
02-05-2016, 06:31 PM
That's not exactly true though is it. Oxley wasn't making blunders every week. Our strikers though weren't taking the chances put to them. Ox for the first half of the season was actually playing very well.

Okay, willing to conceed that he wasn't making blunders EVERY WEEK, [just seems that way]. As for playing well 1st half of the season ----needs to play well for whole season imo. This last , what 10[ish] games prior to him losing his place, he was distinctly mediocre, and that's being kind to him.

Bottom line, Logan should be our No 1, for a lot of reasons, most of which have been done to death in other threads. Logan, is, imo, the best keeper we have on our books just now.

SunshineOnLeith
02-05-2016, 06:35 PM
Even the harshest of Oxley's critics surely can't claim he wouldn't have kept those two clean sheets.

I could have kept one against queens, and any pro goalie would have made the one save he had against Dumbarton.

Iggy Pope
02-05-2016, 06:39 PM
I think with Conrad in yesterday the QOS players didn't consider shooting from distance as he's an unknown quantity.

I don't think Lyle would have hesitated to have a go against Mark with that half chance on the edge of the box. Interestingly Paul Mitchell described that period as Hibs are rocking under the QOS pressure....

So the no shots on goal could still be down to his presence in the team.

Exactly how I'd describe things if I was doing Paul Mitchell's job and 'commentating' on a game that involved the team I hated, let's say Hertz.

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2016, 06:51 PM
Coincidence.

Brooster
02-05-2016, 07:05 PM
Even the harshest of Oxley's critics surely can't claim he wouldn't have kept those two clean sheets.

I could have kept one against queens, and any pro goalie would have made the one save he had against Dumbarton.

And any pro goalie wouldve tipped rangers 1st goal over the bar quite easily. Oxley isnt in the same league as Logan....in many departments.

Aldo
02-05-2016, 07:09 PM
And any pro goalie wouldve tipped rangers 1st goal over the bar quite easily. Oxley isnt in the same league as Logan....in many departments.

I think the difference is Logan appears to be able to do the 'basics' well and can concentrate for full 90.

And for me the basics being what you've just mentioned Brooster.

Scooter
02-05-2016, 07:13 PM

Brooster is this the feeling in the squad? Cause all things aside the back 4 seem more confident recently

MyJo
02-05-2016, 07:17 PM
He didnt make many saves but he controlled his box, organised the defence, distrubuted the ball well and was always looking to release players early and started a few counter attacks.

He was also getting in the faces of the QoS players from the first minute of the game yesterday. If it was a tactic to put them off challenging him for the ball during the game or if he was just ****ed off that he had to wait until half past 2 for his lunch i dont know but it worked :greengrin

Brooster
02-05-2016, 07:18 PM
Brooster is this the feeling in the squad? Cause all things aside the back 4 seem more confident recently

I dont know mate but it has to be. I know who I would rather play in front of.

3pm
02-05-2016, 07:21 PM
I dont know mate but it has to be. I know who I would rather play in front of.

Cheryl Cole.

hibby6270
02-05-2016, 07:22 PM
Logan has done the basics well in his 3 games. Can't fault him so far.
A blinder against Dundee Utd, followed by the last 2 games where he's had to make one save.
Until he plays in games where he's constantly being pressured and THEN produces the goods, I don't think we can get carried away.
Whoever plays in the next 2 games and beyond, I'd be equally as happy having either Logan or Oxley between the sticks.

Pretty Boy
02-05-2016, 07:28 PM
Logan has done the basics well in his 3 games. Can't fault him so far.
A blinder against Dundee Utd, followed by the last 2 games where he's had to make one save.
Until he plays in games where he's constantly being pressured and THEN produces the goods, I don't think we can get carried away.
Whoever plays in the next 2 games and beyond, I'd be equally as happy having either Logan or Oxley between the sticks.

Tthere's not been many games where we are constantly pressured. The Dundee Utd game is about the busiest I can remember for our keeper all season. In this league it's all about maintaining concentration and making the 1 or 2 saves you have to.

Whether Logan is better at that than Oxley is still to be proven imo. I'd need to see more of him.

Big L
02-05-2016, 09:25 PM
Does anyone really believe that Ox will get thru 90 mins at Raith without making another blunder? This is far to important to take a risk. For the sake of ghe club and the guys own sake, they shouldn't play him. He is not up to it, he never was.

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2016, 09:27 PM
Does anyone really believe that Ox will get thru 90 mins at Raith without making another blunder? This is far to important to take a risk. For the sake of ghe club and the guys own sake, they shouldn't play him. He is not up to it, he never was.

No reason not to believe it. Clean sheet in the last game he played.
Maybe he should practising shouting loudly so folk rate him a bit more.

Bad Martini
02-05-2016, 09:36 PM
Slightly in the middle on this one.

Oxley; has been prone to gaffs, has lacked confidence at times and has had the shirt when (if we'd had better, he wouldn't have had it). EQUALLY, he's been scapegoated way to many times by way too many people....particularly when (unfairly) he's been blamed for losing a goal and our forwards have escaped pelters with many (often sitters) missed.

However, the big felly Logan; has come in and done very little if anything wrong. Clean sheets, penalty saves, has confidence and has a point to prove. Has been chucked aside and is very much a man on a mission. Yes, he's not the fittest and it's probably fair to say he's had games against some teams we'd expect him to do well with. But, he did. So fair play and you can only deal with what you get dealt.

Thus, I dunno. I'd be inclined to leave Logan in there. He was thrown in for a huge game against Rangers and didn't disappoint. Proves he can do it. Oxley, whilst often unfairly treated this time, hasn't necessarily lit the heather to demand a place back....

Hopefully our forwards will rattle 4 or 5 in and it'll be academic as to who's in goals...:agree:

blackpoolhibs
02-05-2016, 09:38 PM
Slightly in the middle on this one.

Oxley; has been prone to gaffs, has lacked confidence at times and has had the shirt when (if we'd had better, he wouldn't have had it). EQUALLY, he's been scapegoated way to many times by way too many people....particularly when (unfairly) he's been blamed for losing a goal and our forwards have escaped pelters with many (often sitters) missed.

However, the big felly Logan; has come in and done very little if anything wrong. Clean sheets, penalty saves, has confidence and has a point to prove. Has been chucked aside and is very much a man on a mission. Yes, he's not the fittest and it's probably fair to say he's had games against some teams we'd expect him to do well with. But, he did. So fair play and you can only deal with what you get dealt.

Thus, I dunno. I'd be inclined to leave Logan in there. He was thrown in for a huge game against Rangers and didn't disappoint. Proves he can do it. Oxley, whilst often unfairly treated this time, hasn't necessarily lit the heather to demand a place back....

Hopefully our forwards will rattle 4 or 5 in and it'll be academic as to who's in goals...:agree:

:confused:

stoneyburn hibs
02-05-2016, 09:40 PM

Logan is that good, he morphed into Oxley :greengrin

Big L
02-05-2016, 09:40 PM
It's all about confidence and ability and IMO Ox is short on both! I'm not saying Logans great but I think he is less likely to chuck one in.

Bad Martini
02-05-2016, 09:45 PM

:aok:

Logan is that good, he morphed into Oxley :greengrin

"thrown for a big game against United" - can ye no mind read like :green grin

Fair dues. Ive got slapping rangers in big games on the brain right now for some reason :greengrin:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
02-05-2016, 09:48 PM

"thrown for a big game against United" - can ye no mind read like :green grin

Fair dues. Ive got slapping rangers in big games on the brain right now for some reason :greengrin:thumbsup:

:greengrin Aye me too.

gorgie greens
02-05-2016, 09:53 PM
i would start with Logan , the guy can only save what is thrown at him and he has done everything asked of him , ox came back in for the sevco match and was found wanting ,
Feel the whole defence are playing better with Logan in the team .

Greendeal
03-05-2016, 11:03 AM
Played well against Dundee United and got us to the final. Maybe beginners luck as Dumbarton and Queen of the South were both hopeless and between them hardly had a shot on target. Time will tell of course but far too early to compare him with Oxley. He does, for some reason, remind me of Willie Wilson.

My uncle has been saying the same thing since the semi V Utd, the reference was a little over my head but I'm sure he'll be delighted that somebody else see's the resemblance!

hibbysam
03-05-2016, 11:13 AM
i would start with Logan , the guy can only save what is thrown at him and he has done everything asked of him , ox came back in for the sevco match and was found wanting ,
Feel the whole defence are playing better with Logan in the team .

He made one mistake, and then went on to have a very good game, after making a very good save at 0-0 from Tavernier. He also came back in against Morton, kept a clean sheet and made a number of good saves. Far too much being made of Oxley, we will be fine in the goalkeeping department whichever plays.

hughio
03-05-2016, 12:45 PM
Peter schmeichal once said you can tell a good keeper by how few saves they have to make. The best keepers organise their defences, they are listened to by their defenders, they claim the crosses and get their angles right.

I don't know if that has been the case with Logan but he certainly seems a lot more commanding than Oxley, there was one half chance in particular that qots made an arse of that I can think of, Logan came out his goal absolutely screaming at the Hibs player that made a mistake.

I also like his urgency, I think that sets the tone for the whole team.

Agree his urgency is infectious.

His distribution is quick and decisive.
Who needs the fannying around some keeps feel they have to do.:confused:?
There's no question.... he's No1.

Crammond Hibee
03-05-2016, 12:57 PM

He's like Willie.

Crammond Hibee
03-05-2016, 12:58 PM
Agree his urgency is infectious.

His distribution is quick and decisive.
Who needs the fannying around some keeps feel they have to do.:confused:?
There's no question.... he's No1.

Yes I agree he is No 1