PDA

View Full Version : Dagnall

hfcnic
02-05-2016, 10:35 AM
What are your thoughts on him?

I feel like he just needs to get goal 1 out the way then things will improve, however he has had ample chances and still not found the back of the net.

SJM
02-05-2016, 10:40 AM
Based on his past I thought he was a shrewd signing. He's not offered enough and we can do a lot better.

HibsNutter
02-05-2016, 10:40 AM
Not bad for a fifth choice striker, looked lively and decent link up play, albeit no real goal threat. May be used more often in the play-offs as legs begin to tire.

SunshineOnLeith
02-05-2016, 10:41 AM
Would rather see Danny Handling given a crack.

Ronniekirk
02-05-2016, 10:48 AM
Its partly lack of goals that has led to us finishing 3rd
When we let Malonga go Stokes and Dagnal were brought in to primarily score goals as the risk with Farid was always going to be he may not stay fit
The later has proved to be the case
He will have a role to play in two leg games given his work rate but we can't wait on him finding scoring form so n that basis he is behind Cummings stokes and Keating's unless we need him to play a specific role in seeing a game out
He has had chances , lots of them , but for some reason he hasnt produced his career average of one goal in every three games for us
The Semi against st Johnstone he came close and if he had scored then things may have worked out different for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lucky
02-05-2016, 10:51 AM
I like him he's a busy player. Once he gets a goal I think more will come. A decent squad player

chasitup
02-05-2016, 10:56 AM
He's not offered anywhere near enough for me. He's been disappointing to say the least.

Jonnyboy
02-05-2016, 10:57 AM
The guy has had very few minutes on the park. For me it's unfair to judge him on that.

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2016, 10:58 AM
The guy has had very few minutes on the park. For me it's unfair to judge him on that.

:agree: he's barely played but seems to have been written off by some already.

SJM
02-05-2016, 11:09 AM

Well considering he's only here until the end of the season and is a complete bit part player it's hard to judge him on anything else. He is busy but his job is to score goals, he's gotten himself in decent positions but I feel he's a yard or two off it.

monktonharp
02-05-2016, 11:12 AM
I like him he's a busy player. Once he gets a goal I think more will come. A decent squad player:agree:he was desperately unlucky yesterday. the cross that came over was at 100mph and he just failed to connect. could see his frustration.

hibee_girl
02-05-2016, 11:13 AM
I like him he's a busy player. Once he gets a goal I think more will come. A decent squad player

:agree: I like him, he looked to have a good partnership with Cummings when he first arrived

Andy74
02-05-2016, 11:45 AM

He's played as much if not more than many we remember as total duds.

He's a striker that hasn't scored a goal, it hasn't worked out well.

MagicSwirlingShip
02-05-2016, 11:47 AM
Would rather see Danny Handling given a crack.

This.

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2016, 12:42 PM
He's played as much if not more than many we remember as total duds.

He's a striker that hasn't scored a goal, it hasn't worked out well.

Like who?

davym7062
02-05-2016, 12:45 PM
I thought he was good in the L/cup semi hardly played after that!

LaMotta
02-05-2016, 01:10 PM
He has been poor since the start and has never looked like taking any of the chances Stubbs has given him.

It was unbelievable that some people were content to let Malonga go with Dagnall being quoted as ahead of him in the pecking order and a reason we should let Malonga go.

Just looks like he is a playing a level or two above his capabilities. I would like him to do well but cant see it happening.

Thecat23
02-05-2016, 01:22 PM
He has been poor since the start and has never looked like taking any of the chances Stubbs has given him.

It was unbelievable that some people were content to let Malonga go with Dagnall being quoted as ahead of him in the pecking order and a reason we should let Malonga go.

Just looks like he is a playing a level or two above his capabilities. I would like him to do well but cant see it happening.

I don't think anyone would pick Dagnall over Malonga. Sadly Malonga wanted to leave for family reasons and that happens in football. I liked Dom and wish he'd chose to stay until the summer but hey ho he's away and there is no one to blame.

Humo
02-05-2016, 01:25 PM
Says a lot about our mangers opinion of him if an unfit Farid is put on before him in the cup semi final.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

LaMotta
02-05-2016, 01:27 PM
I don't think anyone would pick Dagnall over Malonga. Sadly Malonga wanted to leave for family reasons and that happens in football. I liked Dom and wish he'd chose to stay until the summer but hey ho he's away and there is no one to blame.

The thing is mate some people did at the time. I know all the family stuff and that, i was more using it as an example of how a player like Malonga who was capable of putting one in the top corner from 25 yards, could somehow be regarded as behind Dagnall who hadn't shown anything like that level of ability!

Enough said
02-05-2016, 01:28 PM
This.
Agreed... Danny handling oh ma sides

Kaiserclem
02-05-2016, 01:31 PM
Dagnall just needs a goal. I honestly feel that his energy, work rate, link up play and ability to hold the ball up and bring the midfielders into the game make him a player we need to see more of. He is just needing a break.

hibee_nation
02-05-2016, 01:38 PM
My mate who is a Barnsley fan never rated him either. Funnily enough he saw him play in India when he was on holiday in goa and said he was no better there.

Unseen work
02-05-2016, 01:44 PM
It written for him to score the Scottish cup winner or the goal to get us promoted

Thecat23
02-05-2016, 01:47 PM
The thing is mate some people did at the time. I know all the family stuff and that, i was more using it as an example of how a player like Malonga who was capable of putting one in the top corner from 25 yards, could somehow be regarded as behind Dagnall who hadn't shown anything like that level of ability!

He's certainly not been anywhere near the level we are looking for. His work rate is fine but it's goals we need and it looks like he's failed on that front. I would however like to see him get more game time as he's only getting some game time here and there.

Deansy
02-05-2016, 01:55 PM
Dunno why but I have this feeling that once he does score, he'll go on to score a lot more - just now it's certainly not for a lack of effort he hasn't scored. Maybe that's why he hasn't scored yet, trying too hard ??

Billy Whizz
02-05-2016, 01:57 PM
Dunno why but I have this feeling that once he does score, he'll go on to score a lot more - just now it's certainly not for a lack of effort he hasn't scored. Maybe that's why he hasn't scored yet, trying too hard ??

Me too

HibsNutter
02-05-2016, 02:07 PM

You could say that Stokes was Malonga's direct replacement, Stokes has been our most influential player recently while Malonga had been average this season.

Dagnall effectively has replaced Feruz and Anier, all three have hardly featured.

Thecat23
02-05-2016, 02:13 PM
You could say that Stokes was Malonga's direct replacement, Stokes has been our most influential player recently while Malonga had been average this season.

Dagnall effectively has replaced Feruz and Anier, all three have hardly featured.

Correct Stokes is the replacement for Malonga not Dagnall.

Cod Boy
02-05-2016, 02:15 PM
He seemed to pull out the challenge near the end of yesterday's game with there goalkeeper when a bit more desire would have won the ball and had a open goal.

DH1875
02-05-2016, 02:45 PM
Not a fan and wouldn't care if he left in the summer.

Feed McGraw
02-05-2016, 02:52 PM
Would rather see Danny Handling given a crack. You probably wouldn`t - I believe its a very messy operation !! :greengrin

Eyrie
02-05-2016, 04:10 PM
Dagnall signing here to replace Anier hasn't worked out for him or for us. He's got as much game time as he's earned, and would have got more if he'd looked a goal threat rather than simply running around looking busy (insert obligatory "James Collins without the goals" comment).

For his sake I hope he does better next season, but for our sake I hope that is elsewhere.

blackpoolhibs
02-05-2016, 04:14 PM
You probably wouldn`t - I believe its a very messy operation !! :greengrin

:faf::faf::faf: :top marks

Spike Mandela
02-05-2016, 04:21 PM
The guy hasn't managed to score in the second tier of Scottish football. Limited game time or not, if the playoffs come down to relying on Dagnall, we're ****ed.

biotech
02-05-2016, 04:24 PM
Dagnall doesn't look like a striker too me - lacks the basic instinct of a goal scorer. However, is strong and could give us some "legs" and presence in midfield. Perhaps a future as an attacking midfield option.

Smartie
02-05-2016, 04:30 PM
He's not great, he's not that bad.

He could be quite useful coming on for the last 20 minutes in our games if we have a lead to protect.

Jumps for everything and puts himself about but doesn't look like a great goal threat.

But whilst we're rotating the squad it will be valuable to have Stokes/ Cummings not playing 90 minutes every game.

Sir David Gray
02-05-2016, 04:35 PM
Not good enough for where we need to be.

leggeto
02-05-2016, 04:46 PM
What are your thoughts on him?

I feel like he just needs to get goal 1 out the way then things will improve, however he has had ample chances and still not found the back of the net.

Not good enough,just can't see a goal in him

Lancs Harp
02-05-2016, 04:50 PM
Been disappointing for me. If we get promoted I expect him to be on his way. If finances are tighter due to staying down then he might be around nxt season.

We need better IMO. He's a trier but things just haven't happened for him. He has only started 4 games but come off he bench 10 times but hasnt really influenced any game I have seen and of course has failed to find the net.

Pete
02-05-2016, 04:55 PM
He's not great, he's not that bad.

He could be quite useful coming on for the last 20 minutes in our games if we have a lead to protect.

Jumps for everything and puts himself about but doesn't look like a great goal threat.

But whilst we're rotating the squad it will be valuable to have Stokes/ Cummings not playing 90 minutes every game.

:agree:

Cod Boy
02-05-2016, 04:59 PM
Would rather see Oli Shaw get a chance.

Captain Trips
02-05-2016, 05:12 PM
Sort of story done FA then comes of bench in final and wins us the cup.

Lancs Harp
02-05-2016, 05:13 PM
Sort of story done FA then comes of bench in final and wins us the cup.

I'd settle for that http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Andy74
02-05-2016, 05:28 PM

Stokes this time round v Malonga. Id take Malonga every time.

erin go bragh
02-05-2016, 05:46 PM
Dagnall signing here to replace Anier hasn't worked out for him or for us. He's got as much game time as he's earned, and would have got more if he'd looked a goal threat rather than simply running around looking busy (insert obligatory "James Collins without the goals" comment).

For his sake I hope he does better next season, but for our sake I hope that is elsewhere.

We should have kept Anier imo . Dagnall looks like he could play forever without scoring . Poor decision replacing Anier with him .

GGTTH

ALF TUPPER
02-05-2016, 05:49 PM
If scores the winner at Hampden ..., instant legend,
Kinda enjoyed writing that 😜

Hi Heid Yin
02-05-2016, 05:56 PM
Been disappointing for me. If we get promoted I expect him to be on his way. If finances are tighter due to staying down then he might be around nxt season.

We need better IMO. He's a trier but things just haven't happened for him. He has only started 4 games but come off he bench 10 times but hasnt really influenced any game I have seen and of course has failed to find the net.

The bit in bold sums it up well for me.

LaMotta
02-05-2016, 05:58 PM

I'm not saying he wasn't his direct replacement but that's not the point anyway - plenty of other people said we didn't need Malonga and that Dagnall was ahead of him. It was just bonkers.

Ronniekirk
02-05-2016, 06:06 PM
If scores the winner at Hampden ..., instant legend,
Kinda enjoyed writing that [emoji12]

Didnt know you wrote Fairy Tales Alf green grin

MyJo
02-05-2016, 06:16 PM
Puts in a lot of effort and running but we need goals which he hasn't delivered. Wouldn't be fussed if he left at the end of the season.

ancient hibee
02-05-2016, 06:22 PM
Tries hard. But then so should everyone.

Eyrie
02-05-2016, 06:26 PM
We should have kept Anier imo . Dagnall looks like he could play forever without scoring . Poor decision replacing Anier with him .

GGTTH

Agreed.

hibby6270
02-05-2016, 06:34 PM
I've said it on other threads and I'll say it here again. A so called striker not scoring goals is no use to us. Apart from an OK performance in League Cup Semi, he's been pretty poor. Those who say he has a good work rate? Just remember, so did James Collinsto an extent!! Enough said!!

Pretty Boy
02-05-2016, 06:42 PM
I think people underestimate how difficult it is to consistently influence a game when getting 10 or 15 minutes here and there. There's a reason why Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is still talked about nearly 10 years after he last kicked a ball.

Dagnall done ok when he started at Raith and in the league cup semi. He's been bit part since and he has that look of a guy who's trying a bit too hard to force a goal. The squad is going to be vital in the coming weeks so I'm not sure there's much to be gained from tearing a guy who's a pretty honest type to pieces. Who knows what difference a goal will make.

chrisski33
02-05-2016, 07:28 PM
Maybe theres something the strike coaches arent doing?

J-C
02-05-2016, 07:42 PM
He's a meh striker, if he was really any good he'd be getting more starts, for me he's been a wasted wage.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-05-2016, 07:46 PM
I prefer to give players a fair crack of the whip. I'm undecided whether Dagnall has had that but I do have a gut feel he has as we've found with far too many a "proven" striker over the years a touch of the Jonatan Johansson about him. What is it with us? He'll probably score a barrel load after leaving us is my suspicion.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-05-2016, 07:51 PM
The curse of the supporting striker is that you have no slack at all. Unless you make the most of every minute you get on the pitch then barring injuries it is hard to get a game. He was a bit of quiet signing and when it was announced I kinda thought he was just looking to keep fit and get the odd game here and there before returning to India.

Lancs Harp
02-05-2016, 08:01 PM
I think people underestimate how difficult it is to consistently influence a game when getting 10 or 15 minutes here and there. There's a reason why Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is still talked about nearly 10 years after he last kicked a ball.

Dagnall done ok when he started at Raith and in the league cup semi. He's been bit part since and he has that look of a guy who's trying a bit too hard to force a goal. The squad is going to be vital in the coming weeks so I'm not sure there's much to be gained from tearing a guy who's a pretty honest type to pieces. Who knows what difference a goal will make.

OGS did he business simple as. If Daggers had done the business we wouldn't be having this discussion

Pretty Boy
02-05-2016, 08:02 PM
OGS did he business simple as.
That was my point. It's so difficult to do that the guys who do are remembered.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Lancs Harp
02-05-2016, 08:06 PM

Agree. Dagnell hasnt done it thats the point. Move on we need more.

Speedy
02-05-2016, 08:12 PM

It's rare because the majority will progress to starting games.

fat freddy
02-05-2016, 08:15 PM
He looks like Bobby Hutchison but..... He's not the greatest player in Europe

Jonnyboy
02-05-2016, 09:18 PM
My mate reckons Dagnell will score the winner for Hibs in the SCF. Now wouldn't that little scenario change a few minds :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
02-05-2016, 09:18 PM
The poor man's Heffernan,

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2016, 09:20 PM
My mate reckons Dagnell will score the winner for Hibs in the SCF. Now wouldn't that little scenario change a few minds :greengrin

Probably not - they'll just say "well he should've scored it, it was an easy chance" :greengrin

In my experience once folk have made their mind up they're very reluctant to change.

Jonnyboy
02-05-2016, 09:21 PM
Probably not - they'll just say "well he should've scored it, it was an easy chance" :greengrin

In my experience once folk have made their mind up they're very reluctant to change.

:agree:

Lancs Harp
02-05-2016, 09:24 PM
I sincerely hope he does score the winner in the final, but how long do you want to give him? No goals in 14 apps, are we saying that is good enough? Has he looked a world beater? There is a fine line sometimes between "getting behind the lads" and wanting better for your club and accepting anything because it wears a Hibs shirt.

chasitup
02-05-2016, 09:36 PM
A couple of guys behind us at the game yesterday seemed to think he was going to come on and score a hat-trick. They were talking absolute mince throughout the whole game though.

LaMotta
02-05-2016, 10:24 PM

You are probably right but it works both ways as people who decided James Collins was a good player early on because he ran about a lot refused to change their minds and admit he was honking despite game after game of dreadful performances from him :)

hfcnic
03-05-2016, 07:00 AM

I agree! :thumbsup:

Super_JMcGinn
03-05-2016, 07:08 AM
It's the Hibs way unfortunately, Gunnarsson was written off after his first sub appearance by some. I think he has looked decent enough given his lack of game time, sporadic appearances will only make him more anxious to score, he needs a decent run of games to prove himself.

northstandhibby
03-05-2016, 08:30 AM
You are probably right but it works both ways as people who decided James Collins was a good player early on because he ran about a lot refused to change their minds and admit he was honking despite game after game of dreadful performances from him :)

I was one of the James Collins champions up to the end. Refused to openly criticise a Hibs player despite him being honking. He looked unsuited to the game up here. Some you win some you lose and unfortunately it did'nt work out with James Collins.

Libby Hibby
03-05-2016, 08:36 AM
I think Dagnall is a better strike partner to Stokes / Cummings / Keatings as he creates space for othere, links up play between midfield and attack and chases lost causes all game long.

He played well in the LC semi but has featured very little since. His whole Hibs episode has been strange but I would've played him more before now, too risky to start him in play off games in my opinion.

jacomo
03-05-2016, 10:28 AM

Well said.

The crowd need to give every player their backing.

jacomo
03-05-2016, 10:35 AM

Well said.

The crowd need to give every player their backing.

flash
03-05-2016, 10:43 AM

Aye to the airport.

J-C
03-05-2016, 11:47 AM
Unfortunately Stubbs was so blinkered and stubborn during our we 6-7 game blip he forgot to try something different and play Dagnall and see if he could bring us something different, when your 2 main strikers can't hit a barn door, why didn't he at least give Dagnall more game time just to see, instead 5-10 minutes here and there is just not enough time.