PDA

View Full Version : Players and media

Scooter
02-05-2016, 09:18 AM
I hate it when the players come out with certain stuff in the papers.

Fyvie before the Falkirk game came out and said something about big game players and the Falkirk players used it as motivation.

Now Cummings is in the paper saying the teams must be scared of us in the playoff and we see ourselves as favourites.

Now I've nothing worn with them thinking like that but don't put it out there so other trams can use it as more motivation

lyonhibs
02-05-2016, 09:26 AM
I hate it when the players come out with certain stuff in the papers.

Fyvie before the Falkirk game came out and said something about big game players and the Falkirk players used it as motivation.

Now Cummings is in the paper saying the teams must be scared of us in the playoff and we see ourselves as favourites.

Now I've nothing worn with them thinking like that but don't put it out there so other trams can use it as more motivation

If it motivates the trams to run faster, I'm all for it :greengrin

Newcastlehibby
02-05-2016, 10:49 AM
If it motivates the trams to run faster, I'm all for it :greengrin

I've nothing worn either. It's all in perfect working order. :greengrin:greengrin

matty_f
02-05-2016, 11:08 AM
I don't think it makes much difference what the players say, to be honest.

Opponents might come out after a result and refer to it, but you never hear them when they're beat.

Guarantee if we pap Falldownkirk out of the play-offs, Houston and his players won't be in the papers saying how they were motivated by Cummings, or Stubbs, or anyone.

It's all pish. Just another minor thing for folk to get their knickers in a twist over.

green day
02-05-2016, 12:21 PM

Opponents might come out after a result and refer to it, but you never hear them when they're beat.

Guarantee if we pap Falldownkirk out of the play-offs, Houston and his players won't be in the papers saying how they were motivated by Cummings, or Stubbs, or anyone.

It's all pish. Just another minor thing for folk to get their knickers in a twist over.

Yep, when we are nicey nicey and say nothing, they just rip us to shreds on the radio anyway - so we might as well be ultra cocky about it !

By the way, Fyvie was bang on the money pre the last Falkirk game, they were mince and it was just stupid defending that let them back in - not quality.

SJM
02-05-2016, 12:34 PM
Cummings in the paper today saying all the other teams will be scared to play us and we are fave's.

green day
02-05-2016, 12:39 PM
Cummings in the paper today saying all the other teams will be scared to play us and we are fave's.

He was interviewed and gave his opinion - and we know he is uber confident.

I would much rather that than some "we are scared of Raith and Falkirk and we will probably lose" type comment !!!

Moulin Yarns
02-05-2016, 12:43 PM
This from my nephew, (Falkirk Supporter :rolleyes: )
Hope you can see it.

Take that one Stubbs!!

https://www.facebook.com/Bullet69?pnref=lhc.unseen

GreenLake
02-05-2016, 01:40 PM
This from my nephew, (Falkirk Supporter :rolleyes: )
Hope you can see it.

Take that one Stubbs!!

https://www.facebook.com/Bullet69?pnref=lhc.unseen

Must be for friends only. Can you screen save it and post it?

02-05-2016, 01:54 PM

Completely agree, it just makes us look a bit stupid and open to ridicule if our players have been giving it this and that in the media then end up falling flat on their faces.

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2016, 01:57 PM
What do we expect them to say when being interviewed? We have blown it and won't go up, would that be better?:rolleyes:

SlickShoes
02-05-2016, 01:58 PM
There was a Falkirk gadgey in the paper last week saying that we are all billy big times and they will teach us a lesson in the play offs. Houston has already alluded to us not even getting past Raith.

Don't have any problem with our players being confident, we should be beating these teams, it's down to the players to now do that and back up their own chat.

Moulin Yarns
02-05-2016, 02:00 PM
Must be for friends only. Can you screen save it and post it?

It is a scrolling gif with the words **** You coming towards you.

green day
02-05-2016, 02:05 PM
There was a Falkirk gadgey in the paper last week saying that we are all billy big times and they will teach us a lesson in the play offs. Houston has already alluded to us not even getting past Raith.

Don't have any problem with our players being confident, we should be beating these teams, it's down to the players to now do that and back up their own chat.

We seem to over think these interviews, the Falkirk players are on the wind up - I see it as a backhanded compliment, as if they need a crutch going into these games.

As for the Falkirk fans? Probably too busy chillin out in a caravan in grangemouth strumming a banjo to read a paper!

Steve20
02-05-2016, 02:07 PM
Wish our players and management would stop shouting their mouths off. They've not backed it up as yet, so just keep quiet and get on with it.

green day
02-05-2016, 02:09 PM
Wish our players and management would stop shouting their mouths off. They've not backed it up as yet, so just keep quiet and get on with it.

I know, playoffs and both major cup finals, we are pish eh........

GreenLake
02-05-2016, 02:18 PM
It is a scrolling gif with the words **** You coming towards you.

Your nephew has a cute little kid for an ugly Falberk fan. His wife must be humping the milkman (hopefully a Hibby). :greengrin

Spike Mandela
02-05-2016, 02:23 PM
It's past the talking stage now to be honest. We just have to go out and do the business. No excuses any more.

Pete
02-05-2016, 02:34 PM

Nobody "shouts their mouth off".

Do people deliberately ignore the way the press work or is it a lack of intelligence?

How many times?

northstandhibby
02-05-2016, 02:48 PM

Do people deliberately ignore the way the press work or is it a lack of intelligence?

How many times?

Example

Reporter - Would you like to play for Barcelona one day Jason? Jason Cummings reply - Of course I would.

Next Day Headline

JASON CUMMINGS WANTS TRANSFER.

bit blunt but thats how the Daily Ranger would generate negative headline.

HappyAsHellas
02-05-2016, 02:51 PM
In Fyvie's interview he made a reference about big games needing big players, that was about it. The ****** said that he said Falkirk didn't have any such players - usual west coast garbage with different parts of an interview twisted round to make a story. Why some people on here believe anything printed in these rags is the real cause for concern.

Moulin Yarns
02-05-2016, 02:51 PM
Your nephew has a cute little kid for an ugly Falberk fan. His wife must be humping the milkman (hopefully a Hibby). :greengrin

Named Liam after Liam Craig, then he signed for Hibs :greengrin

Pete
02-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Example

Reporter - Would you like to play for Barcelona one day Jason? Jason Cummings reply - Of course I would.

Next Day Headline

:agree:

Reporter: You're still in three tournaments. Can you win them?

Stubbs: Technically, yes.

Paper the next day: Stubbs says hibs will win treble (beside unflattering picture)

Idiot public: Stubbs is bragging. Keep quiet blah blah.

02-05-2016, 03:05 PM
Example

Next Day Headline

Totally agree, the media will look to exagertate anything and twist things out of context. The whole treble thing from Stubbs earlier in the season is a classic example of the media twisting words. Stubbs stated that hibs would be competing for all 3 competitions because we were still in all of them (nothing wrong with that, if your not trying to win the competitions your involved in then you may as well pack up and go home!). Of course the media saw this as a golden opportunity and made out like Stubbs was saying we were going to win the treble.

northstandhibby
02-05-2016, 03:08 PM
:agree:

Reporter: You're still in three tournaments. Can you win them?

Stubbs: Technically, yes.

Paper the next day: Stubbs says hibs will win treble (beside unflattering picture)

Idiot public: Stubbs is bragging. Keep quiet blah blah.

That actually happened. Ask a loaded question which opens up opportunity for negativity. Dirty Daily Ranger trick used a lot against the Hi bees.

green day
03-05-2016, 08:43 AM
Raith Manager today stating that Cummings is irrelevant.

Wonder if their fans will be wringing their hands about that?

CallumLaidlaw
03-05-2016, 09:07 AM
Raith Manager today stating that Cummings is irrelevant.

Wonder if their fans will be wringing their hands about that?

I would certainly be showing it to Jason if I were Stubbs.

Lago
03-05-2016, 09:13 AM
I would certainly be showing it to Jason if I were Stubbs.
Raith Manager probably made sure his players have read Jason's thought about them.

Borderhibbie76
03-05-2016, 09:33 AM
Another nothing thread...why do people even read the west coast media nonsense...I wouldn't even wipe me erchie with it

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

My_Wife_Camille
03-05-2016, 09:48 AM

How many times?
Exactly. Can't see how people still fall for this

Question: will some people see Hibs as favourite for the playoffs?

Cummings: some people might see it that way but...

Headline: COCKY CUMMINGS LAUGHS OFF FALKIRKS PLAY OFF BID

hibs.net: I'm sick of players shouting their mouths offs etc