PDA

View Full Version : The club need us more than ever..

GreenCastle
02-05-2016, 07:27 AM
The next few weeks are so important to the future of the club.

We all know what's at stake and I plea with fans to be as positive at games as possible and show their support by attending and supporting the guys as much as one can.

We continue to do or part as fans but the players really need us now.

I am buzzing for the next few weeks and feel we can do this if the support is there to drive them on.

We need to turn any nervous thoughts into positive energy for the players as they are going to need it.

iainm1875
02-05-2016, 07:30 AM

We all know what's at stake and I plea with fans to be as positive at games as possible and show their support by attending and supporting the guys as much as one can.

I am buzzing for the next few weeks and feel we can do this if the support is there to drive them on.

We need to turn any nervous thoughts into positive energy for the players as they are going to need it.

I'm in!

B.H.F.C
02-05-2016, 07:41 AM
I do agree, and I'll be there, but how many times have we said this over the last few years?

What we really need, is the players to stand up and be counted over the next few weeks because the support will be there, as it always is when it comes to the big games.

GreenCastle
02-05-2016, 07:45 AM
I do agree, and I'll be there, but how many times have we said this over the last few years?

What we really need, is the players to stand up and be counted over the next few weeks because the support will be there, as it always is when it comes to the big games.

Trust me - I know where you are coming from.

It's not been the fans fault we are in the position we are in.

But....we need to gain some serious momentum and atmosphere at games to give the players that extra help.

I feel we have a few scores to settle with teams and if we get the results - it would be an incredible ending.

Pretty Boy
02-05-2016, 07:50 AM

Spot on.

There's a whole summer to pick apart the bones of this season. The next 3 weeks are about supporting the team.

Yes we have been here before but that's what fans do. I daresay we'll see tough times again one day and have to do it all over again then as well.

blackpoolhibs
02-05-2016, 07:51 AM

Only to be told they have come out from under their stone, or labelled part timers or day trippers.

GreenCastle
02-05-2016, 07:56 AM
Anyone who considers themselves a Hibs fans should should and show face at these playoff games to make sure we pack the away ends and fill Easter Road as much as possible.

It's an expensive time and with little notice it won't be easy but I'm sure those who make it will create a good atmosphere.

Our away form is really important as the ER form has picked up so avoid any silly away results and we give ourselves a good chance.

buktapurple79
02-05-2016, 08:10 AM
Great thread - positivity all the way. If you're not at least at all the home games (barring the usual extenuating circumstances) you should not be going to the final.

Libby Hibby
02-05-2016, 08:14 AM
All my non ST mates are intending going on Saturday, we can play our part in the next few weeks, so up for this, we will do this

GreenCastle
02-05-2016, 08:18 AM
Just checked Raiths form..

They are unbeaten in the last 11 games !!

Col2
02-05-2016, 08:22 AM
I'm in 100%.

We can do this and that extra 5% from the fans total backing might give us the edge. Small margins and all that. Zero negativity for next 3.5 weeks.

Libby Hibby
02-05-2016, 08:24 AM

I think we are now unbeaten in 6...fair play Raith for their run and credit to Falkirk to, all 3 teams in a bit of form

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2016, 08:32 AM

:agree: they're due a loss and have carried a bit of luck (e.g. Cummings' miss) that can't last forever...

Diclonius
02-05-2016, 08:37 AM
Only to be told they have come out from under their stone, or labelled part timers or day trippers.

I don't think anyone has said that referring to "must-win" games like playoffs. That terminology is used for people who only attend "luxury" games i.e. cup finals.

blackpoolhibs
02-05-2016, 08:40 AM
I don't think anyone has said that referring to "must-win" games like playoffs. That terminology is used for people who only attend "luxury" games i.e. cup finals.

When we filled Easter Road against Hearts, there were people moaning that they had disappeared a week later?

When did cup finals not become must win games?

GreenCastle
02-05-2016, 08:48 AM
The thing also about these playoff games is we don't have to win every game though the 1st leg we need to turn up and give ourselves a chance 2nd leg.

Yes we did that against Hamilton a few years ago but that's history.

Carheenlea
02-05-2016, 08:55 AM
The club always needs us, be that in good times or bad. It's our club and we wil always support them.

blackpoolhibs
02-05-2016, 08:56 AM
The thing also about these playoff games is we don't have to win every game though the 1st leg we need to turn up and give ourselves a chance 2nd leg.

Yes we did that against Hamilton a few years ago but that's history.

I'd like us to play with a higher tempo like we did against Dumbarton midweek, we look a completely different side when we press and harry further up the park.

hibbypostie
02-05-2016, 09:02 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUeCu1QQfJE:flag:

LancsHibs
02-05-2016, 09:12 AM
I think we are now unbeaten in 6...fair play Raith for their run and credit to Falkirk to, all 3 teams in a bit of form

Yes, potentially the 'easiest' game we face is against Killie/Hamilton. This is gonna be tough but I believe we can do it. Come on the Hibees!!!

rcarter1
02-05-2016, 09:17 AM

Great Scenes and memories. :thumbsup:

Brightside
02-05-2016, 09:18 AM

Less than 10000 at yesterday's game. But that's none of my business !

Billy McKirdy
02-05-2016, 09:22 AM
Ay this moment in time the next match is the only one that matters then the one after that, we not only need big characters on the pitch we also need them in the stands too.
If we can't sell out our allocatons home and away when the very future of the club depends on it we never will.
Another season down here is NOT an option.
Back the team.

KdyHby
02-05-2016, 09:25 AM
7 cup finals hopefully!

Hibernia&Alba
02-05-2016, 09:29 AM
The support will be there in numbers and will be right behind the team, as it has been during all the bad experiences endured throughout the past decade or so. At many clubs the support would have turned nasty long before now, but the Hibs fans have demonstrated great patience. Hopefully this year we get our reward for such loyalty.

Itsnoteasy
02-05-2016, 10:12 AM

More so over the last few months. It's getting tiring.
Not many were bothered against Dumbarton

silverhibee
02-05-2016, 10:21 AM

:agree:

And we have turned out and backed the players over the last few years, there is no doubting that, not the fans that have been the problem, as you say, time for the players to step up and see what they can achieve over the next few weeks, the fans will do our bit, it is all down to the players and management team now.

hfcnic
02-05-2016, 10:26 AM

I agree, however not many will be able to afford the pricing for all games, I had hoped they would be £10 a ticket - were they not quite cheap last season for the playoffs? £20 they want for Wednesday! F that

SlickShoes
02-05-2016, 10:46 AM
In these games coming up I NEED Hibs more than ever, I'll be at all of the games I can physically make it to, I hope that the team give 100% and win us a cup and promotion.

The Pointer
02-05-2016, 11:09 AM
Fans certainly need to turn out in numbers but at Hampden against far fewer United fans we made far less noise than they did and the songs they sang seemed much better than our 'We are Hibees we are good' type songs.

On Saturday there were less than 10,000 which I find incredible for such an important game. From the back of the East the atmosphere seemed severely lacking (despite the drum boys) until the second half when the team at last started to split the Queen's defence with a bit of pace and the fans' reaction was obvious. The ponderous build-up we've experienced most of this season is not the way we're going to beat Rovers, Falkirk or Whoever FC from the SPFL and this is reflected in the response of the fans. Perhaps the design of the East also doesn't help - I don't know.

As someone who went through the seventies when being a fan was actually exciting, I've sung all sorts of stuff, much of which would be condemned today by the Tut-tut Brigade (and sometimes rightly so!) but we don't have many decent songs (that I've heard) and the ones we do have in the main are flaccid and boring and don't insult anyone. That's what they should be like fer Chrissakes!

Question is, have we become too nice?

lyonhibs
02-05-2016, 11:26 AM
Fans certainly need to turn out in numbers but at Hampden against far fewer United fans we made far less noise than they did and the songs they sang seemed much better than our 'We are Hibees we are good' type songs.

On Saturday there were less than 10,000 which I find incredible for such an important game. From the back of the East the atmosphere seemed severely lacking (despite the drum boys) until the second half when the team at last started to split the Queen's defence with a bit of pace and the fans' reaction was obvious. The ponderous build-up we've experienced most of this season is not the way we're going to beat Rovers, Falkirk or Whoever FC from the SPFL and this is reflected in the response of the fans. Perhaps the design of the East also doesn't help - I don't know.

As someone who went through the seventies when being a fan was actually exciting, I've sung all sorts of stuff, much of which would be condemned today by the Tut-tut Brigade (and sometimes rightly so!) but we don't have many decent songs (that I've heard) and the ones we do have in the main are flaccid and boring and don't insult anyone. That's what they should be like fer Chrissakes!

Question is, have we become too nice?

Should songs sung by Hibs fans not primarily be about, errrr, Hibs and supporting the team instead of questioning the after dark activities of the opposition manager's wife or similar.

Don't get me wrong, I loved a spot of "cheer up Jimmy Jeffries" and "****ged by a Hibee, she's getting ****ged by a Hibee" to Caldwell amongst others back in the day.

I suspect the more raucous songs will return once we're playing at the level we're historically used to.

It's a bit difficult to get too het up about Alloa or Morton as opposed to Hearts, Aberdeen or Rantic.

Back to the OP point, the fans will always support the club. The balance is heavily on the players' side now. Time to step up and not choke.

Lago
02-05-2016, 11:32 AM
Or fair weather fans

SJM
02-05-2016, 12:07 PM
Should songs sung by Hibs fans not primarily be about, errrr, Hibs and supporting the team instead of questioning the after dark activities of the opposition manager's wife or similar.

Don't get me wrong, I loved a spot of "cheer up Jimmy Jeffries" and "****ged by a Hibee, she's getting ****ged by a Hibee" to Caldwell amongst others back in the day.

I suspect the more raucous songs will return once we're playing at the level we're historically used to.

It's a bit difficult to get too het up about Alloa or Morton as opposed to Hearts, Aberdeen or Rantic.

Back to the OP point, the fans will always support the club. The balance is heavily on the players' side now. Time to step up and not choke.

:top marks:top marks

MWHIBBIES
02-05-2016, 12:46 PM
When we filled Easter Road against Hearts, there were people moaning that they had disappeared a week later?

When did cup finals not become must win games?Rightly so, we'd be a better side if we had 16k Hibs fans inside Easter Road every week.

Enough said
02-05-2016, 01:32 PM

They are unbeaten in the last 11 games !!unlucky 13 at the leith San Siro then 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

The Pointer
02-05-2016, 02:44 PM
....oh, won't make Wednesday night as it's a six hour return journey on what Transport Scotland assures me are roads and I've got an op on my eye on Friday so Saturday's out. Will try and make the following w/e though.

:wink::aok:

02-05-2016, 02:56 PM

Thank you for posting that, some fantastic memories there!

Absolutely agree with the OP. Huge huge month ahead for the club, we are all in this together! Lets rally round as always and push the boys over the line.

:gwa:

blackpoolhibs
02-05-2016, 04:11 PM
Rightly so, we'd be a better side if we had 16k Hibs fans inside Easter Road every week.

It would be great, but neither you or i were alive the last time that happened.

SJM
02-05-2016, 04:24 PM
Rightly so, we'd be a better side if we had 16k Hibs fans inside Easter Road every week.

We would have 16k fans inside every week if we were a much better side.

MWHIBBIES
02-05-2016, 04:49 PM
We would have 16k fans inside every week if we were a much better side.Doubt it. People love the big days out but they don't like the hard slog of supporting the team through good and bad.

iwasthere1972
02-05-2016, 04:50 PM

On Saturday I was sitting behind a woman and right from the off she was slating every single player on the pitch, especially Fyfie, Stevenson and Stokes. This went in for the entire 90 minutes. I felt like saying something but thought better of it. I could have moved seats too but again I couldn't be bother. Holy moly she moaned more than the wife and that's saying something.

We can do this.

silverhibee
02-05-2016, 06:13 PM

On Saturday I was sitting behind a woman and right from the off she was slating every single player on the pitch, especially Fyfie, Stevenson and Stokes. This went in for the entire 90 minutes. I felt like saying something but thought better off it. I could have moved seats too but again I couldn't be bother. Holy moly she moaned more than the wife and that's saying something.

We can do this.

Gail. :dunno: :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
02-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Doubt it. People love the big days out but they don't like the hard slog of supporting the team through good and bad.

When did we last have 16k through the door every week?

iwasthere1972
02-05-2016, 06:19 PM
Gail. :dunno: :greengrin

What her in Coronation Street?

MWHIBBIES
02-05-2016, 06:24 PM
When did we last have 16k through the door every week?Exactly. There would be more big games if folk turned up for the smaller ones.

blackpoolhibs
02-05-2016, 07:11 PM
Exactly. There would be more big games if folk turned up for the smaller ones.

How do you suggest we get them through the door?

MWHIBBIES
02-05-2016, 07:15 PM
How do you suggest we get them through the door?I don't really feel a club should have to persuade fans to bother their arse.

blackpoolhibs
02-05-2016, 07:28 PM
I don't really feel a club should have to persuade fans to bother their arse.

Probably should save money and do away with the marketing side of things, and get you to run it instead. :greengrin

GreenLake
02-05-2016, 07:31 PM

Probably similar to what Third Lanark and Airdrie thought.:greengrin

MWHIBBIES
03-05-2016, 01:41 AM
Probably should save money and do away with the marketing side of things, and get you to run it instead. :greengrin:greengrin

Maybe I'm simple minded in thinking going to watch your team and support them is a privilege and always will be but Hibs will never have to go out of their way to make me attend, I bloody love it.

Steve20
03-05-2016, 05:53 AM

So all supporters should turn up, pay over priced tickets when a club has taking them for mugs for years? Don't think it works like that. It should be upto the club to give supporters a reason to attend.

Captain Trips
03-05-2016, 06:34 AM
The fans for Hibs are great, far to often on here they are put under microscope.

We finshed 3rd because of players, we are in this league because of players, we are in cup final because of players. We will go up or stay down because of players, we will win or lose final because of players. The fans will react to what the players do.

The fans IMO have always been behind players. I think its time we all got behind one another and stopped looking at what the fans have done or not.

The club need us more than ever, at matchday they always have us these rally calls come up like people do not know what to do on matchday. I think the way we discuss other fans attending and what games folk go to is where we need to come together.

flash
03-05-2016, 06:50 AM
So all supporters should turn up, pay over priced tickets when a club has taking them for mugs for years? Don't think it works like that. It should be upto the club to give supporters a reason to attend.

Interesting the way you word that. In what way has the club taken us for mugs? Have they been deliberately crap?
As for your last sentence are you suggesting that people should only watch teams that are doing well?
As, by definition, most clubs won't be winning things in any given season how does that work?

marinello59
03-05-2016, 07:03 AM

The club has given me a reason to attend, it exists, I'll support it. If that makes me a mug I really couldn't care less.

B.H.F.C
03-05-2016, 07:10 AM
Has anybody thought that it's maybe just a wee bit too expensive for everybody to go every week? £70 this week alone I'll be spending.

I'm home and away every week, but I quite understand why folk would save their £22 when we are playing the likes of Dumbarton.

Hermit Crab
03-05-2016, 08:12 AM

Hibs take us for granted too often.

CallumLaidlaw
03-05-2016, 08:27 AM
So a positive thread about getting behind the team when at the matches has turned into another debate about part timers/fairweather fans etc. Is there not already about 20 of those threads on the board?????

Dunedin Hibs
03-05-2016, 08:37 AM
The club has given me a reason to attend, it exists, I'll support it. If that makes me a mug I really couldn't care less.

Great sentiment and post. Hibs fans should always support the team and Club; and attend, when they can, and when they can afford it. We have taken more than our fair share of knocks in recent years and we have been to the bottom emotionally, all of us together.

I believe we have currently a set of players that play for the shirt, play for their manager, and play for us as a Club. They deserve our 100% backing as we strive for two great achievements. Supporting and encouraging our team may well go a long way to achieving our goals. This could still turn out to be a fine year for us.

We all want the Scottish Cup "in the bag", promotion would be the icing on the cake. I say "let the cake decoration begin". The team is hitting some form and getting clean sheets. With key players back and a bit of sensible rotation we are in a strong position on both fronts. Hopefully Rangers will lose focus and match readiness in the their break. Hibs will continue on, and fight to the last kick of the season I am sure....Another Cup Final, but this time I have a good feeling we will win....and what a celebration that will be, all over the world there will be Hibees going absolutely mental. Believe, I do.

SlickShoes
03-05-2016, 08:47 AM
Great sentiment and post. Hibs fans should always support the team and Club; and attend, when they can, and when they can afford it. We have taken more than our fair share of knocks in recent years and we have been to the bottom emotionally, all of us together.

I believe we have currently a set of players that play for the shirt, play for their manager, and play for us as a Club. They deserve our 100% backing as we strive for two great achievements. Supporting and encouraging our team may well go a long way to achieving our goals. This could still turn out to be a fine year for us.

We all want the Scottish Cup "in the bag", promotion would be the icing on the cake. I say "let the cake decoration begin". The team is hitting some form and getting clean sheets. With key players back and a bit of sensible rotation we are in a strong position on both fronts. Hopefully Rangers will lose focus and match readiness in the their break. Hibs will continue on, and fight to the last kick of the season I am sure....Another Cup Final, but this time I have a good feeling we will win....and what a celebration that will be, all over the world there will be Hibees going absolutely mental. Believe, I do.

The problem is when you fall in to that category, you become less worthy as a fan and you should NOT get cup final tickets because people with more money can attend more games than you.

According to some on this site anyway.

Most of us will always be there when we can, it's a fact that successful teams attract more fans, if we were successful more people would come and watch us. Even when not playing great we went on an unbeaten run and attendance increased, when we continued to play horribly and lose, people stopped going. Put a winning team on the park and people will come, so far we haven't managed to do that since 2008? That's a long time to not be performing well so how people don't understand crowds dropping off is beyond me.

I don't care if theres someone out there right now that supports rangers and has never been to a hibs game, see's us win something and gets their head turned. That's one more fan for us, too many people here want to punt away lapsed hibs fans like they are garbage when in fact anyone should be welcome at easter road or hampden if they can get a ticket and want to support hibs.

Baldy Foghorn
03-05-2016, 08:55 AM

Simply and brilliantly put J:top marks

GreenCastle
03-05-2016, 09:26 AM
It mah be an expensive week / month but memories are priceless.

Obviously everyone can't afford all the games but if you can manage just one game try and make it along.

The thing is our season is looking like 3 games left or possible 7 games. Wait for the 7th and we might not make it.

The cup final I am hoping for a unique atmosphere - the Celtic final when we lost was something else for atmosphere in the Hibs end.

For the fan talking about negative shouts - just ask them if they have anything positive to say. Seen a few guys in the east completely shut up when others have told them to try be positive. Usually they have no comeback.

CallumLaidlaw
03-05-2016, 09:28 AM

:top marks

Dunedin Hibs
03-05-2016, 09:28 AM
The problem is when you fall in to that category, you become less worthy as a fan and you should NOT get cup final tickets because people with more money can attend more games than you.

According to some on this site anyway.

Most of us will always be there when we can, it's a fact that successful teams attract more fans, if we were successful more people would come and watch us. Even when not playing great we went on an unbeaten run and attendance increased, when we continued to play horribly and lose, people stopped going. Put a winning team on the park and people will come, so far we haven't managed to do that since 2008? That's a long time to not be performing well so how people don't understand crowds dropping off is beyond me.

I don't care if theres someone out there right now that supports rangers and has never been to a hibs game, see's us win something and gets their head turned. That's one more fan for us, too many people here want to punt away lapsed hibs fans like they are garbage when in fact anyone should be welcome at easter road or hampden if they can get a ticket and want to support hibs.

The hardened Hibs fan will always get a ticket, one way or another. Anyone willing to put their pounds - or dollars , as with my several Australian compadres coming home for the Cup - I will be coming from New Zealand - , into the Hibs cause will be welcome I am sure. Let's make a noise at the end of the season. Support the Hibs, at the ground, when you can. Support the Hibs in forums, in the street, talking to your mates...whenever you can. Our passion for the Club is what counts...and there is no better time to stand behind the boys than now.

Ged
03-05-2016, 10:20 AM

You really are a bitter, bitter man.

Carheenlea
03-05-2016, 11:41 AM

There have been some pretty grim times in recent years for Hibs fans, but if the fans had adopted your stance as posted, we would have had a hell of a lot worse.

Thecat23
03-05-2016, 11:46 AM

What are you on about?? Taken us for mugs?

The way I see it if you don't want to watch Hibs then don't, I don't care about fans who only watch Hibs in big games or only go back if we're in the top flight. I go to watch Hibs because that's my team, the team I would watch in in league.

Dunedin Hibs
03-05-2016, 12:20 PM
What are you on about?? Taken us for mugs?

The way I see it if you don't want to watch Hibs then don't, I don't care about fans who only watch Hibs in big games or only go back if we're in the top flight. I go to watch Hibs because that's my team, the team I would watch in in league.

Well said. We watch, and support Hibs, wherever they may be. Whatever they be challenging for...it could be a memorable year, it could be a good year, it could be a very dark and bleak year. Whatever happens, we stand, again, behind our team...and always will. p.s. please make it memorable...thanks

MWHIBBIES
03-05-2016, 02:19 PM
The club hasn't taken me as a mug for years. I didn't renew thinking we'd be winning leagues and cups, I renewed because I love Hibernian. Do you really like Hibs or do you just like winning Hibs?

Sioux
03-05-2016, 02:43 PM
The club hasn't taken me as a mug for years. I didn't renew thinking we'd be winning leagues and cups, I renewed because I love Hibernian. Do you really like Hibs or do you just like winning Hibs?

He just lights the blue touchpaper and f**** off to a safe distance.

Nothing more than a troll.

GreenCastle
05-05-2016, 08:42 AM
Not a good start last night.

Players need to stand up and be counted on Saturday.

Our 7 games may now just be 3..

Saturday needs to be positive energy behind the team from the start and not nervous fans.

We can still do this...see you all at ER on Saturday !!

SlickShoes
05-05-2016, 08:44 AM

Saturday needs to be positive energy behind the team from the start and not nervous fans.

It will start positively, it even did when butcher was busy relegating us.

Take the St Mirren game where we imploded, fans packed out the away end, sing their hearts out, 2 minutes in we gift them a goal and all but kill any positivity.

The fans will start positive as always it's up to the team to then give us something to get behind, this is something they struggle to do most weeks and why the atmosphere falls off a cliff.

eastcoasthibby
06-05-2016, 04:24 PM

Players need to stand up and be counted on Saturday.

All of the players starting need to put all of their energy in from the start , no half hearted crap from some individuals who want it to happen for them , they all need to make it happen....this needs to be played as our last league game this season and if we win regroup and go again with the same attitude on Tuesday/Wednesday. If we start up and at them the fans will pick that up ..if they start with the wishy washy attitude, fans will sense it and it could be a problem !
We need winners and desire all over the park who can create and deliver a win ....Stubbs needs to forget all his loyalties and get the right , most effective team out there absolutely up for it as a team !!
GGTTH

Itsnoteasy
06-05-2016, 04:29 PM

De Ja Vu

Jonnyboy
06-05-2016, 04:48 PM

Indeed.

I'm a right mug as I'd still support them even if everything went tits up and we had to play our games at Leith Links

GreenCastle
07-05-2016, 04:54 PM
Well done the fans and club today.

This next games are going to be very tough - so close together and one being on a different surface.

One thing I wanted today was Stubbs to make subs earlier.

Tuesday is going to be a great atmosphere - hopefully a good Hibs turnout.