cant really argue with any of that

Jonnyboy
01-05-2016, 08:23 PM
Lots of use of 'OTY'?

:greengrin

Hibby Bairn
01-05-2016, 08:25 PM
Lots of use of 'OTY'?

Very good😎. I'll be back tomorrow with Monday's tea break teaser!

Lancs Harp
01-05-2016, 08:27 PM
Shouldn't the title read GFA awards?

Giro Playboy
01-05-2016, 08:28 PM
POTY Leigh Griffiths
YPOTY Kieran Tierney
MOTY Mark Warburton
Best Goal Barrie Mackay
Champ POTY Lee Wallace

Anyone see a common thread here? Boyles goal against Dumbarton was just as good as Mackays against Celtic. Also if Hibs get promoted and win the Scottish cup surely that would dwarf Waburtons achievements winning a league with a bigger budget than everyone else combined. The awards are a bit premiture

trev the hat
01-05-2016, 08:31 PM
No arguments apart from Boyles screamer !!
There really is no comparison

Callum_62
01-05-2016, 08:32 PM
everyone seems to be forgetting about the "mammoth occasion" in which B McKay scored that goal

That instantly makes it 3 times as good as Martin Boyles

Beefster
01-05-2016, 08:33 PM
Shouldn't the title read GFA awards?

It's voted for by the PFA members AFAIK so I don't think there's much to argue with.

Pretty Boy
01-05-2016, 08:42 PM
Boyles goal against Dumbarton was just as good as Mackays against Celtic. Also if Hibs get promoted and win the Scottish cup surely that would dwarf Waburtons achievements winning a league with a bigger budget than everyone else combined. The awards are a bit premiture

I actually think Taverniers goal for them against Peterhead was better than MacKays as well.

matty_f
01-05-2016, 08:42 PM
It's voted for by the PFA members AFAIK so I don't think there's much to argue with.
:agree:
The Rangers won the league easily, surely it's not a huge surprise that they took most awards.

Hibernia&Alba
01-05-2016, 08:46 PM
:agree:
The Rangers won the league easily, surely it's not a huge surprise that they took most awards.

The season isn't over. Maybe, just maybe, Hibs will keep it together and win promotion and the cup, after reaching the League Cup final too. If that's the case, Stubbs' achievement would far outweigh the bread man's.

Hibby Bairn
01-05-2016, 08:48 PM
I thought Ross County's achievement winning the LC including beating Celtic in semis might have seen McIntyre recognised.

Relatively speaking a higher achievement than Rangers winning the Championship.

matty_f
01-05-2016, 08:56 PM
The season isn't over. Maybe, just maybe, Hibs will keep it together and win promotion and the cup, after reaching the League Cup final too. If that's the case, Stubbs' achievement would far outweigh the bread man's.

I agree, but the awards were tonight, so...

pacoluna
01-05-2016, 09:07 PM
Manager of the year..mark Warburton? Manager of the sevco who are "going to compete" against Celtic next season for the spl however just happened to drop points against alloa, Livingston and st mirren within the last month..

Laughable

Swedish hibee
01-05-2016, 09:10 PM
Our winner at Hampden in a few weeks will top any goal scored this season. Fact :agree::thumbsup:

Lancs Harp
01-05-2016, 09:11 PM
Our winner at Hampden in a few weeks will top any goal scored this season. Fact :agree::thumbsup:

That will top any goal ever scored http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

SJM
01-05-2016, 09:12 PM
Well done Leigh Griffiths.

McIntyre should have won manager but I can see why the other managers voted Warburton.

greenlex
01-05-2016, 09:29 PM
Neilson never got near manager of the year on a fraction of Warburtons budget this year doing the same thing in arguably better fashion. Absolute joke whoever voted for him. McIntye by a mile.

loanheadhibby
01-05-2016, 09:30 PM
Well done Leigh Griffiths.

McIntyre should have won manager but I can see why the other managers voted Warburton.

i agree but can't see why they voted for warburton.

Warburton with biggest budget outside Celtic, wins the championship. Does that really constitute manager of the year?

Out of interest, did chubacha win it last year for getting the puddle drinkers promoted?

Hibby Bairn
01-05-2016, 09:36 PM
i agree but can't see why they voted for warburton.

Warburton with biggest budget outside Celtic, wins the championship. Does that really constitute manager of the year?

Out of interest, did chubacha win it last year for getting the puddle drinkers promoted?

John Hughes won it last year.

Mikey09
01-05-2016, 09:39 PM
Boyles goal against Dumbarton was just as good as Mackays against Celtic. Also if Hibs get promoted and win the Scottish cup surely that would dwarf Waburtons achievements winning a league with a bigger budget than everyone else combined. The awards are a bit premiture

It was against Livi.

GlesgaeHibby
02-05-2016, 07:50 AM
Total joke that Warburton got manager of the year. Manager of club with 2nd largest budget in Scotland wins 2nd tier.

Houston (who I agree, is a prick) and McIntyre have definitely achieved more with the budgets available to them.

Hearts waltzed the league last season and Neilson didn't get manager of the year, when the league was arguably tougher.

Beefster
02-05-2016, 08:27 AM
I don't really understand why folk are getting so agitated about football players having a wee vote and a party.

Stokesy's on fire
02-05-2016, 08:28 AM
POTY Leigh Griffiths
YPOTY Kieran Tierney
MOTY Mark Warburton
Best Goal Barrie Mackay
Champ POTY Lee Wallace

Anyone see a common thread here?

Yes Leigh Griffiths is consistent

Monts
02-05-2016, 12:46 PM
Warburton has won it for winning one game and one game only.

SJM
02-05-2016, 12:57 PM
Warburton has won it for winning one game and one game only.

You actually think the majority of the PFA voted for him based on one game?

Monts
02-05-2016, 01:07 PM
You actually think the majority of the PFA voted for him based on one game?

I think if he hadn't won it he wouldn't have won the award

patlowe
02-05-2016, 01:09 PM
It's voted for by the players and management so you can't really say they don't deserve it. The only caveat is that many pros in Scotland may have a "leaning" towards either of the Old Firm but people are surely bigger than that :rolleyes:

Unseen work
02-05-2016, 01:46 PM
Suprised at Wallace winning championship player of the year.

OsloHibs
02-05-2016, 02:36 PM
I think if he hadn't won it he wouldn't have won the award

Agree.

seanoheimhin
02-05-2016, 02:47 PM
MOTY a total laugh. Hard to argue with the rest IMO, but where the logic for Warburton comes from I have no idea

Itsnoteasy
02-05-2016, 02:54 PM
POTY Leigh Griffiths
YPOTY Kieran Tierney
MOTY Mark Warburton
Best Goal Barrie Mackay
Champ POTY Lee Wallace

Anyone see a common thread here?

The only issue for me was how Houston was a nominee

Itsnoteasy
02-05-2016, 02:55 PM
Suprised at Wallace winning championship player of the year.

No one in Hibs team was better or more consistent.

Ozyhibby
02-05-2016, 03:11 PM
Celtic: P35, 80pts, GD +55
Rangers: P35, 80pts, GD +54

You can see why Warburton won it right enough, what with Sevco being in the higher league an all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JontyBGoode
02-05-2016, 03:56 PM
It surely shouldn't be too hard to hold these awards after the season is completed. If Stubbs wins promotion and the Scottish Cup that is surely a much bigger achievement than Warburton winning the Petrofac and the Championship title with probably a bigger budget than every other team combined, and beating Celtic on penalties.

Spike Mandela
02-05-2016, 04:12 PM
Total joke that Warburton got manager of the year. Manager of club with 2nd largest budget in Scotland wins 2nd tier.

Houston (who I agree, is a prick) and McIntyre have definitely achieved more with the budgets available to them.

Hearts waltzed the league last season and Neilson didn't get manager of the year, when the league was arguably tougher.

Would Warburton win the respective league as manager of Aberdeen, Falkirk, Hearts or Hibs? No he wouldn't.

Would McInnes, Houston, Neilson or Stubbs have won the second tier with The Rangers. Yes they would have. In fact most managers would have imo.

JC94
02-05-2016, 05:52 PM
Would Warburton win the respective league as manager of Aberdeen, Falkirk, Hearts or Hibs? No he wouldn't.

Would McInnes, Houston, Neilson or Stubbs have won the second tier with The Rangers. Yes they would have. In fact most managers would have imo.

Apart from Stuart McCall, Ally McCoist and Kenny McDowall:greengrin

ancient hibee
02-05-2016, 05:54 PM
The only issue for me was how Houston was a nominee

Presumably because his team have overachieved?

Wilson
02-05-2016, 05:57 PM
I'd have grudgingly gave it to Houston if we're talking championship form relative to resources.

So grudgingly, in fact, that I'm actually glad Warburton got it!

ekhibee
02-05-2016, 06:20 PM
I wonder if that's a first- player of the year in the Premiership and player of the year in the Championship. Both Hibs fans.