PDA

View Full Version : Did Falkirk win the league today ?

Jumbo
01-05-2016, 03:24 PM
Listening in car on way home from our game, there were celebrations, laps of honour, cringeworthy music about going up and that clown Houston going on about clubs with little resources 😖😖

iwasthere1972
01-05-2016, 03:26 PM
Listening in car on way home from our game, there were celebrations, laps of honour, cringeworthy music about going up and that clown Houston going on about clubs with little resources 

If we get past Raith then Falkirk will get a proper seeing to. Well fingers crossed.

hibby6270
01-05-2016, 03:27 PM
That's twice they've won it this season then. They celebrated like title winners at ER after the 2-2 draw.

They've won nothing this season yet. I know neither have we. But would have been going OTT today if we'd clinched 2nd?

Possibly - but really it means nothing.

Famous Fiver
Celebrate at the end of the season, not at the end of the match.

Well said, Stubbsy.

SJM
Listening in car on way home from our game, there were celebrations, laps of honour, cringeworthy music about going up and that clown Houston going on about clubs with little resources 

It's not cringeworthy, they have had a really good season splitting us and the huns on very little resources. What do you expect them to react like?

It's cringeworthy finishing below such a club in the lower leagues of Scottish football with the money we have spent and the players we have. In fact it's discraceful.

emerald green
No, they won nothing today, but what they did do was give themselves a better chance of getting promotion.

hibsbollah
01-05-2016, 03:32 PM
There is no way we are losing to them. Assuming we get past RR we will pummel them. I think my dislike for them is getting close to for hearts/huns/celtc. They are essentially the new Airdrie.

Jumbo
01-05-2016, 03:32 PM
It's not cringeworthy, they have had a really good season splitting us and the huns on very little resources. What do you expect them to react like?

It's cringeworthy finishing below such a club in the lower leagues of Scottish football with the money we have spent and the players we have. In fact it's discraceful.
I'm pretty sure there wouldn't have been half an hour celebrations from us today if we'd scored the 2 other goals, they've not achieved anything yet !

Biggie
01-05-2016, 03:33 PM
Behaving like bairns.......

SJM
01-05-2016, 03:36 PM
I'm pretty sure there wouldn't have been half an hour celebrations from us today if we'd scored the 2 other goals, they've not achieved anything yet !

Nope, because our aim was to win the league so second would have been still failure. Falkirks aim would have been 3rd max. They are much smaller club bringing us down to their level as shown in this thread.

Thecat23
01-05-2016, 03:36 PM
Nothing has been won yet. Remember Butcher giving it big licks when we thought we'd done enough. Falkirk are a ****ing gang of anti footballers who will get put in their place shortly.

Mr White
01-05-2016, 03:37 PM
They are essentially the new Airdrie.

:agree:

1. Anti- football? Tick
2. Hearts **** of a manager? Tick
3. *****y unfinished stadium in the ******** of Scotland? Tick

Tick tickety tick. Hopefully they go the same way as airdrie too.

Danderhall Hibs
01-05-2016, 03:37 PM
I was laughing at it as well. New emotion by ttf and the only way is up by Yazz.

Congratulations on winning the title Peter. :aok:

Bristolhibby
01-05-2016, 03:39 PM
No, they won nothing today, but what they did do was give themselves a better chance of getting promotion.

Like The Rangers last season?

Quite frankly I'm more concerned about momentum (which we now have).
Momentum means more to me than league positions. Similarly we need a plunging Premiership team to finish 11th (like us), not one who scraps into 11th.

J

Edit. Looking back on it, we needed one win (or was it one point) from something daft like the last five games when we went down. The Championship teams at the time must have been rubbing their hands at us.

hibsbollah
01-05-2016, 03:42 PM

Momentum means more to me than league positions. Similarly we need a plunging Premiership team to finish 11th (like us), not one who scraps into 11th.

J

:agree: the momentum thing is absolutely vital. Today was so important in that respect.

Diclonius
01-05-2016, 03:45 PM
Fed up with the posturing from Falkirk and their fans, and will be absolutely delighted if we batter them on our way to the playoff final.

HibsNutter
01-05-2016, 03:45 PM
We'll shaft them over two legs.

BroxburnHibee
01-05-2016, 03:50 PM

We had a better chance last season. Not convinced it makes much difference

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-05-2016, 03:51 PM
They have finished above a bigger and better club. That's a fact whether we like it or not. What they want to do with that is really up to them. Unless they are absolutely sure of the outcome of the next play off game all they are doing is motivating the opposition.

Biggie
Any team that has Tom Taiwo in it should not be getting the better of hibs...

HibsMax
if we still gain promotion does it really matter if we finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th?

Before you answer, remember that prize money has not even mentioned in all of this (it matters but not as much IMO)

BH Hibs
01-05-2016, 04:01 PM
Got to take it on the chin for the moment tbh. Then go out and ****ing batter them if we get the chance.

emerald green
01-05-2016, 04:01 PM

J

Edit. Looking back on it, we needed one win (or was it one point) from something daft like the last five games when we went down. The Championship teams at the time must have been rubbing their hands at us.

I note what you both say, but if you were to ask Alan Stubbs, I believe he would have preferred 2nd place once actually winning it had gone.

Some Hibs players look spent to me, particularly John McGinn.

Giro Playboy
01-05-2016, 04:02 PM
They can celebrate anyway they want. Dont forget up until March everyone thought the league was going to be a shoot out between ourselves and the huns with Falkirk a dim and distant third. They have confounded the odds and finished second, a position we wanted to achieve but couldn't manage it.
Now they can spend the next 10 days focussing on their next game while Hibs and Raith have to endure a nerve wrecking strength sapping 180 minutes of fitba.
If i was connected to Falkirk i would be celebrating too.

HibsNutter
01-05-2016, 04:03 PM

It's more that playing four games before the premiership tie is a hinderance, Rangers were out on their feet at the end of our second leg and went on to be humped in the next two.

Dashing Bob S
01-05-2016, 04:05 PM
Falkirk can do what they like. Any team, at this stage of the season, needs more games like it needs a septic pair of hee-haws.

We have to get past two potentially bruising encounters with Raith before we earn the right to play them.

If we do, we'll be in a much shabbier state than them.

If we get past them, they could have completely ****ed ourselves for the play-off final, to say nothing of the Scottish Cup.

cabbageandribs1875
01-05-2016, 04:16 PM

i think he's putting himself in the shop window, hoping that the more he keeps saying it the better chance more 'bigger' clubs will notice

kaimendhibs
01-05-2016, 04:20 PM
Hate falkirk and Houston with a passion. They are hammer throwers who play anti football. The media love in with them makes me sick. Fans howl and whinge for everything. Cant wait to pump them in the play offs

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-05-2016, 04:28 PM
if we still gain promotion does it really matter if we finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th?

Before you answer, remember that prize money has not even mentioned in all of this (it matters but not as much IMO)
Doesn't matter if that has been your position all season.

kaimendhibs
01-05-2016, 04:30 PM
And the tramps only have 3/4 of a ground

Borderhibbie76
01-05-2016, 04:33 PM

😪😪😪must u spoil every thread with your constant negativity

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Just Alf
01-05-2016, 04:34 PM

Goddam..... you're a cheery bug**er today lol :-)

GGTTH!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Fergos
01-05-2016, 05:12 PM

Fair to say Falkirk have had a good season.

What tomato heed constantly forgets to mention is that we (one of the 2 teams he keeps mentioning with bigger resources) have got to 2 cup finals in the midst qualifying for the play offs - IMHO we would never have lost 8 league games this year had we not had all those cup games.

Seen quotes from the Hibs players after the 2-2 game talking about the way they were celebrating at ER at the final whistle....I hope, if we get past RR that we go into the games with Falkirk with revenge planned.

GGTTH

SJM
01-05-2016, 05:17 PM
must u spoil every thread with your constant negativity

Ok, whats positive about Falkirk celebrating for finishing ahead of us and giving themselves a better chance of going up? Lets pretend it's no biggie then eh? :rolleyes:

Giro Playboy
01-05-2016, 05:25 PM

It's cringeworthy finishing below such a club in the lower leagues of Scottish football with the money we have spent and the players we have. In fact it's discraceful. :top marks Couldn't agree more. There is a lot of deluded folk on here if they think finishing 3rd is even remotely acceptable. Christ we should have been challenging the huns until the last ball was kicked to finish 1st yet some folk think its ok to finish behind Falkirk

Northernhibee
01-05-2016, 05:29 PM
must u spoil every thread with your constant negativity

He'll be whisper quiet when we're promoted and/or win the cup. I bet that'll be "discraceful" too, whatever that is.

Libby Hibby
01-05-2016, 05:32 PM
Ok, whats positive about Falkirk celebrating for finishing ahead of us and giving themselves a better chance of going up? Lets pretend it's no biggie then eh? :rolleyes:

It is no biggie, for me it matters not where we finished in the play off spots if we didn't win the league,as long as we were in the play offs...Falkirk celebrating could be their down fall. Who knows

MWHIBBIES
01-05-2016, 05:37 PM
To be honest it doesn't matter who finished where, all irrelevant if the playoffs go our way.

SJM
01-05-2016, 05:37 PM
He'll be whisper quiet when we're promoted and/or win the cup. I bet that'll be "discraceful" too, whatever that is.

Stop talking out your arse eh. Just because i'm not blindly happy clapping doesn't mean I'll be delighted if either or both happen.

Disgraceful is finishing the lowest we have ever finished in modern times. If it's suitable for you then you have shocking, shocking standards.

SJM
01-05-2016, 05:38 PM
It is no biggie, for me it matters not where we finished in the play off spots if we didn't win the league,as long as we were in the play offs...Falkirk celebrating could be their down fall. Who knows

Rubbish. We should have been challanging Rangers, instead we finish below Falkirk. Unacceptable and 2 more games when we look dead on our feet. how does it not matter?

Northernhibee
01-05-2016, 05:40 PM
Stop talking out your arse eh. Just because i'm not blindly happy clapping doesn't mean I'll be delighted if either or both happen.

Disgraceful is finishing the lowest we have ever finished in modern times. If it's suitable for you then you have shocking, shocking standards.

:violin: Grow a set of bollocks and accept that the next few weeks could potentially be the best ever time to be a Hibee. I bet you won't be complaining about league positions if we go up and win the cup, will you?

Kojock
01-05-2016, 05:43 PM

The majority of us agree that finishing 3rd/15th is not good enough and nobody is celebrating the fact. However we still have a chance to put it right. Lets get behind the team.

Giro Playboy
01-05-2016, 05:48 PM
:violin: Grow a set of bollocks and accept that the next few weeks could potentially be the best ever time to be a Hibee. I bet you won't be complaining about league positions if we go up and win the cup, will you? Dont you think that we would have improved our chances of winning the cup if we didnt have potentially 5 nerve racking, energy draining , strength sapping play off games to get through first.

Pete
01-05-2016, 05:50 PM
Dont you think that we would have improved our chances of winning the cup if we didnt have potentially 5 nerve racking, energy draining , strength sapping play off games to get through first.

Yes but what are you going to do? Turn back time?

What's the point of all this shoe gazing?

Northernhibee
01-05-2016, 05:52 PM
Dont you think that we would have improved our chances of winning the cup if we didnt have potentially 5 nerve racking, energy draining , strength sapping play off games to get through first.

That's all an irrelevance now. We've found form and have the chance to immediately take that forward whilst Falkirk sit about for a week or so waiting. If we go out and show that we're a force against Raith and essentially do what we've done in the last two games they'll be getting very nervy.

Totally about how you approach it. If you go moaning and grumping that "Oh, that's a discrace (or disgrace as everyone else knows it" rather than looking at the next game as an opportunity to make a huge statement to Raith, Falkirk and Killie then you're looking at things in the wrong way.

SJM
01-05-2016, 05:55 PM
:violin: Grow a set of bollocks and accept that the next few weeks could potentially be the best ever time to be a Hibee. I bet you won't be complaining about league positions if we go up and win the cup, will you?

So don't complain about finishing 3rd in the irn bru leagues and hope for the best?

You bet I won't, any of the two I'll be delighted. Still doesn't disguise the fact the league so far has been a big failure.

Ronniekirk
01-05-2016, 05:55 PM
I note what you both say, but if you were to ask Alan Stubbs, I believe he would have preferred 2nd place once actually winning it had gone.

Some people just try and turn everything into a positive and try and put to one side the impact playing so many games is and can have on certain players
I agree Mcginn needs rested

The positives to counter balance the tiredness issue is Stokes shuldnt need rested neither should Fyvie

Northernhibee
01-05-2016, 05:57 PM
So don't complain about finishing 3rd in the irn bru leagues and hope for the best?

You bet I won't, any of the two I'll be delighted. Still doesn't disguise the fact the league so far has been a big failure.

Will it be a big failure if we're promoted and win the Scottish cup? When we're all celebrating will you be going about moaning to anyone who'll half listen that it's all been a big failure?

Of course not. This could be a ****ing brilliant season, people like you are so relentlessly negative it staggers me.

SquashedFrogg
01-05-2016, 05:58 PM
There is no way we are losing to them. Assuming we get past RR we will pummel them. I think my dislike for them is getting close to for hearts/huns/celtc. They are essentially the new Airdrie.

Well said. Agree :agree:

SJM
01-05-2016, 06:01 PM
Will it be a big failure if we're promoted and win the Scottish cup? When we're all celebrating will you be going about moaning to anyone who'll half listen that it's all been a big failure?

Of course not. This could be a ****ing brilliant season, people like you are so relentlessly negative it staggers me.

Have we won anything yet? If we do I'll not be negative, until then I'll be unhappy at finishing 3rd in the lower leagues of Scottish football.

Relentlessly negative? Do you see where we are in terms of Scottish football? And you are clinging on to what might happen? You where the same when we lost a couple of matches claiming we would definitely catch Falkirk and everyone worrying was just being negative. It's blind optimism, guaranteed you knocked anyone's opinion under butcher we where relegation fodder and it was all negative. Wake up ffs, we are in a diabolical position, check weds night crowd for how low it's gotten.

Fergos
01-05-2016, 06:02 PM
Some people just try and turn everything into a positive and try and put to one side the impact playing so many games is and can have on certain players
I agree Mcginn needs rested

The positives to counter balance the tiredness issue is Stokes shuldnt need rested neither should Fyvie

Agree, some of this too many games players look spent argument is over considered IMHO. Hanlon, Fontaine, McGeough, Fyvie and Stokes have all had medium to long term periods out this year. Stubbs has rested Cummings, McGregor, Gray, Hendersn, Bartley, Oxley etc in recent weeks too. I too agree McGinn needs rested and Wednesday might be the time to do so and bring Bartley and / or Dylan in.

GGTTH

Hibernia&Alba

Steady on mate, nobody is that bad :greengrin. Falkirk are certainly becoming irritating, but at least their support isn't filled with loonies and bigots like Airdrie's. A game at Broomfield is like a BNP party conference.

Ronniekirk

I agree McGinn needs rested

The positives to counter balance the tiredness issue is Stokes shouldn't need rested neither should Fyvie Fontaine and Dylan just back so both should get stronger if they stay fit Bartley can get physical when needed and we should be able to utilise him
Gray rested today and Cummings mid week and most of game today
Carmichael still to come back hopefully for second game v Raith
Farid nae idea

So think we will be fine for the two games v Raith

Northernhibee
01-05-2016, 06:03 PM
Have we won anything yet? If we do I'll not be negative, until then I'll be unhappy at finishing 3rd in the lower leagues of Scottish football.

Relentlessly negative? Do you see where we are in terms of Scottish football? And you are clinging on to what might happen? You where the same when we lost a couple of matches claiming we would definitely catch Falkirk and everyone worrying was just being negative. It's blind optimism, guaranteed you knocked anyone's opinion under butcher we where relegation fodder and it was all negative. Wake up ffs, we are in a diabolical position, check weds night crowd for how low it's gotten.

Diabolical position? We're weeks away from a potential promotion and Scottish cup ffs, don't go near any sharp objects :rolleyes:

flash
01-05-2016, 06:03 PM
:top marks Couldn't agree more. There is a lot of deluded folk on here if they think finishing 3rd is even remotely acceptable. Christ we should have been challenging the huns until the last ball was kicked to finish 1st yet some folk think its ok to finish behind Falkirk
Imagine you two agreeing on something negative about Hibs.

Giro Playboy
01-05-2016, 06:04 PM
That's all an irrelevance now. We've found form and have the chance to immediately take that forward whilst Falkirk sit about for a week or so waiting.

I know what predicament Stubbs would rather be in.

Northernhibee
01-05-2016, 06:05 PM
I know what predicament Stubbs would rather be in.

It can't be changed now, you either moan and whine about it and drag your heels or accept that's the position we're in and get ready to help push the team over the finishing line. Accept what you can't change, change what you can't accept.

Jonnyboy
01-05-2016, 06:06 PM

You and the playboy are all over every thread with your negativity. I call that relentless.

You reckon you'll celebrate when celebration is deserved. We won 2-0 today, did you celebrate?

Pete
01-05-2016, 06:06 PM
I think it's remarkable the way some people have thought of so many different ways to tell everyone they are unhappy.

We know now. Relentlessly banging on will just make people think you are trying to get people down and stir things for some reason.

GreenLake
01-05-2016, 06:08 PM
If we beat RR the team should do a guard of honor for Falkirk with a slow hand clap while laughing hysterically then pump them.

emerald green
01-05-2016, 06:18 PM
I agree McGinn needs rested

The positives to counter balance the tiredness issue is Stokes shouldn't need rested neither should Fyvie Fontaine and Dylan just back so both should get stronger if they stay fit Bartley can get physical when needed and we should be able to utilise him
Gray rested today and Cummings mid week and most of game today
Carmichael still to come back hopefully for second game v Raith
Farid nae idea

So think we will be fine for the two games v Raith

I again note what you are saying, but it's not just the two games against Raith Rovers.

As we all know, if Hibs get over that hurdle, then it's two more against Falkirk, then hopefully two more against a Premier Division club, not to mention a Scottish Cup final against a well rested The Rangers.

By then the Hibs squad will have played considerably more games than any other club in the country, by far. The cumulative effect of all those games may prove too much. It's a big ask IMHO. The Hibs squad isn't all that much bigger than most others I don't think?

I hope Hibs prove me wrong and just sail through the play-offs and stroll the cup final too.

Ronniekirk
01-05-2016, 06:28 PM
I again note what you are saying, but it's not just the two games against Raith Rovers.

As we all know, if Hibs get over that hurdle, then it's two more against Falkirk, then hopefully two more against a Premier Division club, not to mention a Scottish Cup final against a well rested The Rangers.

By then the Hibs squad will have played considerably more games than any other club in the country, by far. The cumulative effect of all those games may prove too much. It's a big ask IMHO. The Hibs squad isn't all that much bigger than most others I don't think?

I hope Hibs prove me wrong and just sail through the play-offs and stroll the cup final too.

I often post in support of some of your posts so i am no Happy Clapper I certainly dont think we will sail through six play off games and a cup final
I have prepared myself for worst case scenario but will take each game and see how we do
Morton had falkirk sweating today

matty_f
01-05-2016, 06:31 PM
You and the playboy are all over every thread with your negativity. I call that relentless.

You reckon you'll celebrate when celebration is deserved. We won 2-0 today, did you celebrate?
:agree:

We're all (I assume) disappointed/annoyed at not making second, but will anyone seriously give a **** if we end up promoted?

We are in a time where everything is extreme - positive or negative, and social media and forums give everyone an opportunity to shout about it.

We appear to have to have heroes and villains, and if something unwanted happens - like finishing third - then all perspective is lost and everyone's a villain. Unfortunately it appears that the only counter to that is an unrealistic positivity.

Until we've played the games, we don't know what the season will have ended up like. It's no use spitting the dummy like a petulant child or cheerleading like everything's ok right now.

Either approach is likely to get folk's backs up. Hitting every ****ing thread with it is worth a ban, imho.

Libby Hibby
01-05-2016, 06:33 PM
Rubbish. We should have been challanging Rangers, instead we finish below Falkirk. Unacceptable and 2 more games when we look dead on our feet. how does it not matter?

It does not matter as finishing 2nd last year did us no favours, granted we have played more games this season but I cannot help but think that Falkirk, regardless of what Houston says, feel they have achieved something today, perhaps Hibs would've done the same but keeping competitive I think will benefit us, if we get through against RR then the momemtum and competitive edge will hopefully get us through against Falkirk and how pleasing would that be??

emerald green
01-05-2016, 06:35 PM
I often post in support of some of your posts so i am no Happy Clapper I certainly dont think we will sail through six play off games and a cup final
I have prepared myself for worst case scenario but will take each game and see how we do
Morton had falkirk sweating today

Sure Ronnie. My post might have come across the wrong way. I know from your posts that you are no "happy clapper".

I can't be bothered with the "happy clapper" or "bed wetter" stuff TBH. I just find it banal and lazy. We all have opinions.

What I'm trying to get across is that it will take a massive effort to get promoted, and win the Scottish Cup, especially with the weight of history and expectation that falls on this club.

Libby Hibby
01-05-2016, 06:37 PM
Sure Ronnie. My post might have come across the wrong way. I know from your posts that you are no "happy clapper".

I can't be bothered with the "happy clapper" or "bed wetter" stuff TBH. I just find it banal and lazy. We all have opinions.

What I'm trying to get across is that it will take a massive effort to get promoted, and win the Scottish Cup, especially with the weight of history and expectation that falls on this club.

I agree about the effort required and I think we have found a bit of form, as have RRband Falkirk, at exactly the right time, bring it on

O'Rourke3
01-05-2016, 06:44 PM
Not only did Falkirk win the league Mystic Meg Housty already isn't looking forward to playing in Kirkcaldy. BBC interviewer never picked up on it...

Joe6-2
01-05-2016, 06:50 PM

This!

Smartie
01-05-2016, 06:51 PM
My mate's a Falkirk fan and he's just stuck a photo of some of the celebrations on Facebook.

To be fair to him, he has said that he thinks finishing second in a league with us and Rangers in it is a huge achievement irrespective of what happens in the play-offs and they just wanted to enjoy the moment and give credit to the players for what they see as an achievement already. He also paid special tribute to their never say die attitude and ability to score late goals.

I think we'll be looking at this from a different angle to them. We need to go up - if they don't then it isn't the end of the world, they cut their cloth accordingly and prepare for another season in the Championship.

I'm not fussed about 2nd/ 3rd/ whatever. I just see that we're playing better, we're not losing goals, we're creating chances and taking a few of them. I don't think Falkirk will get goals against us from lumping the ball into our box again, Hanlon's looking sharper and is organising the defence well.

Our results in cup competitions have been good this season and I think we'll be fine in the play-offs.

Ronniekirk
01-05-2016, 06:55 PM

I am going to his Cup Final with no expectation as was gutted yet again after Ross County game and am not putting myself through that again
But no doubt on the day i will find it hard to stick to that
Agree ii also tend to think the weight of expectation after so many years can be an added mental hurdle for our players to cope with But to play Devils Advocate we are probably just as likely to eventually win it when we least expect to
But Rangers will be glad we have the extra games as they know they are vulnerable at the back and they will feel as game goes on we will tire

tamig
01-05-2016, 08:22 PM

J

Not sure if anybody else has mentioned (haven't read every post in thread) but you do realise the hun finished third last season?

chrisski33
01-05-2016, 08:23 PM
That's all an irrelevance now. We've found form and have the chance to immediately take that forward whilst Falkirk sit about for a week or so waiting. If we go out and show that we're a force against Raith and essentially do what we've done in the last two games they'll be getting very nervy.

Totally about how you approach it. If you go moaning and grumping that "Oh, that's a discrace (or disgrace as everyone else knows it" rather than looking at the next game as an opportunity to make a huge statement to Raith, Falkirk and Killie then you're looking at things in the wrong way.

Think uve hit the nail on the head there as weve found some momemtum and falkirk were nervy today and think they will be if we get past rr. Think its worse for them to sit out for over a week where we can carry our run forward. Rr will be tough but reckon we will scrape past them

Bristolhibby
01-05-2016, 08:37 PM
It can't be changed now, you either moan and whine about it and drag your heels or accept that's the position we're in and get ready to help push the team over the finishing line. Accept what you can't change, change what you can't accept.

This. We are where we are. That's in the playoffs for the Premiership.

Let's get this done. Forget about the Cup, that will take care of itself. Promotion is what it's all about, starting Wednesday.

J

1987green
01-05-2016, 08:51 PM

correct me if am wrong but did we not do a lap o honour with sunshine on leith belting out when we hosed the yams in the Scottish earlier this year.

Moulin Yarns
01-05-2016, 09:06 PM
Simple question. Does anyone remember the runner up?

Nah didn't think so.

Booked4Being-Ugly
01-05-2016, 09:08 PM
correct me if am wrong but did we not do a lap o honour with sunshine on leith belting out when we hosed the yams in the Scottish earlier this year.Were you not there?

Edson Arantes
01-05-2016, 09:14 PM

Correct.

And that is what is so embarrassing.

That should have been (at least) our position.

marinello59
01-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Correct.

And that is what is so embarrassing.

Thst should have been (at least) our position.

I'm not embarrassed in the slightest. Two cup finals and we are in the play offs.

Bostonhibby
01-05-2016, 09:17 PM
And the tramps only have 3/4 of a ground
So technically it was a horseshoe of honour.

Andy74
01-05-2016, 11:00 PM

Come on now. If we had for another couple of goals today we'd have been celebrating. If we win the play off games v Raith to put us back in the equivalent position we will be celebrating.

For us second was the minimum we would have expected this season. For Falkirk they would have expected third maximum.

This thread is a bit pathetic.

Hopefully we put one over on them in the next round if we get there but they are entitled to their celebrations.

monktonharp
01-05-2016, 11:24 PM
No, they won nothing today, but what they did do was give themselves a better chance of getting promotion.they have won less games than us. :wink:

monktonharp
01-05-2016, 11:35 PM

I hope Hibs prove me wrong and just sail through the play-offs and stroll the cup final too.your hopes seem just a bit too high. we aint gonna just sail through anything. that's not the Hibernian way. we are still in with a chance of promotion, and we are in a final. not many clubs have done that for a good few years. we do have a substantial squad, in real terms but our best possible team might be a bit worn out. however, it was good to see Mc Geough play for a wee while today, and we also had Bartley , Mc Gregor, Gray and others in reserve so to say we don't have a squad with strength is wrong. it is all about having the guts to step up to the plate at this stage, and players will be trying to impress so much to be in the final too. imho

ekhibee
02-05-2016, 01:51 AM
I don't really have a problem with Falkirk, it's Houston that's a pain in the arse, and he'll continue to be a pain in the arse if we **** it up again. Whether we like it or not, we probably do need to develop a kind of siege mentality over this. The media will get behind Raith, and if we get past them, they'll rally round Houston, who is given every opportunity to express the same tired old cliches on Sportsound whenever he gets the chance. It's in our hands to proove every one of them wrong, from Houston, Preston, Richard Gordon and that little numpty on Sportscene, to the Daily Record. Winning the Scottish Cup and getting promoted would be a fantastic achievement, all the more enjoyable for making these 'pundits' eat humble pie.

Onion
02-05-2016, 02:06 AM
Houston is like every other Yam, scoring points and stopping Hibs is more important to him than his own team. Hibs have put him in the limelight for the time being but when he fails next season , as he surely will, he'll drift back under the wet stone from under which he crawled.

AndyM_1875
02-05-2016, 07:45 AM
Its fair to say I'm starting to hate Falkirk like a Dunfermline fan.

buktapurple79
02-05-2016, 08:05 AM
Hate falkirk and Houston with a passion. They are hammer throwers who play anti football. The media love in with them makes me sick. Fans howl and whinge for everything. Cant wait to pump them in the play offs

This. Central Scotland Yams. They will get an absolute hammering. Karma's a bitch 'Housty'. ****ing angry talentless weirdo.

Trainor
02-05-2016, 08:35 AM
Falkirk can do what they like. Any team, at this stage of the season, needs more games like it needs a septic pair of hee-haws.

We have to get past two potentially bruising encounters with Raith before we earn the right to play them.

If we do, we'll be in a much shabbier state than them.

If we get past them, they could have completely ****ed ourselves for the play-off final, to say nothing of the Scottish Cup.

Good post, agree 100%. Worrying.

Bristolhibby
02-05-2016, 09:31 AM
Not sure if anybody else has mentioned (haven't read every post in thread) but you do realise the hun finished third last season?

I do, but my point was (as the post I quoted said Falkirk were in a better position). The Huns finished third and made the final. So finishing 2nd did is no favours. Albeit the Huns were roasted in the Final v Motherwell.

For me, we need to be in the Final. Whether that's winning two rounds of games or one, doesn't matter. One game at a time. Softly, softly, catchy monkey.

GGTTH.

J

emerald green
02-05-2016, 06:30 PM
your hopes seem just a bit too high. we aint gonna just sail through anything. that's not the Hibernian way. we are still in with a chance of promotion, and we are in a final. not many clubs have done that for a good few years. we do have a substantial squad, in real terms but our best possible team might be a bit worn out. however, it was good to see Mc Geough play for a wee while today, and we also had Bartley , Mc Gregor, Gray and others in reserve so to say we don't have a squad with strength is wrong. it is all about having the guts to step up to the plate at this stage, and players will be trying to impress so much to be in the final too. imho

My last sentence in my earlier post about sailing through the play-offs and strolling the cup final was said tongue in cheek. I agree Hibs won't be doing that. I wish! :greengrin

My comment about Hibs squad was simply regarding the numbers in the squad compared to other clubs, and that squad will have had to play far more games than any other team, by far. I just feel it's reasonable to anticipate that might have an impact on players fatigue levels at some stage.

If they do win through the play-offs and/or win the Scottish Cup, they will rightly deserve to be given legendary status at this club IMO.

ALF TUPPER
03-05-2016, 05:32 AM
Was surprised when I saw the jubilant scenes from their players and fans. Houston tried to put a lid on it with his " we've won nothing yet " comment.

We saw the scenes. That's fine.

Time to ram it down their throats ( and I believe we will )

GGTTH

SeanWilson
03-05-2016, 07:29 AM

you can look at it two ways.... 1) extra games, extra pressure, draining and strength sapping or 2) extra games, extra momentum, more cohesion and return to winning mentality.

I agree that the players look knackered, however, if you ask any player they'd tell you that they prefer playing football to training... the first 11 picks itself and if we go to Raith tomorrow and get a result... day off, then train and back to enjoy a big game at ER again. We should have been competing for 1st but we haven't, we're now where we are and need to get the job done. We have the squad to batter RR, Falkirk and whoever is coming down and i think the squad will relish the challenge.

Its not happy clapping, its just dealing with reality and keeping the head.

Giro Playboy
03-05-2016, 07:46 AM
you can look at it two ways.... 1) extra games, extra pressure, draining and strength sapping or 2) extra games, extra momentum, more cohesion and return to winning mentality.

I agree that the players look knackered, however, if you ask any player they'd tell you that they prefer playing football to training... the first 11 picks itself and if we go to Raith tomorrow and get a result... day off, then train and back to enjoy a big game at ER again. We should have been competing for 1st but we haven't, we're now where we are and need to get the job done. We have the squad to batter RR, Falkirk and whoever is coming down and i think the squad will relish the challenge.

Its not happy clapping, its just dealing with reality and keeping the head. We sat with our feet up last year and then went to Ibrox and looked off the boil. Then again Rangers had to come through all the play off games and by the time they go to Motherwell they looked completly wiped out.
Its all about how the manger sets up the team, the training they do and the momentum that is carried from game to game.
Im sure if we win the 5 play off games before the cup final the players will have no problem with fatigue going into the big day. Then again if we get knocked out AS will have a job on his hands trying to lift a mentally and physically exhausted team

PeeJay
03-05-2016, 07:59 AM
We have the squad to batter RR, Falkirk and whoever is coming down and i think the squad will relish the challenge.

Its not happy clapping, its just dealing with reality and keeping the head.

We haven't "battered" any team this season, what makes you think it is going to happen now?

SeanWilson
03-05-2016, 08:20 AM
We haven't "battered" any team this season, what makes you think it is going to happen now?

Yes we have. We've battered teams over and over throughout the season, without perhaps getting the goals required. This team are more than capable of giving the likes of RR a seeing too.

PeeJay
03-05-2016, 08:54 AM
Yes we have. We've battered teams over and over throughout the season, without perhaps getting the goals required. This team are more than capable of giving the likes of RR a seeing too.

Even a 4-0 against Dumbarton is not really a battering IMO, otherwise (I think) we have only won one game with 3 goals more than the other team this season - we don't really batter teams as I understand it. Our neighbours did Dumbarton 10-0 last season - now that's a battering! Think you have to count goals actually scored rather than goals we were capable of scoring, but didn't ... :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
03-05-2016, 09:10 AM
Good to see even other managers picking up on Houstons ramblings -

Despite the differing resources of the three Championship play-off clubs, McKinnon believes they’d all have been happy to avoid Raith at this stage saying: “I know [Falkirk manager} Peter Houston is going on about budgets constantly.

SeanWilson
03-05-2016, 09:11 AM
Even a 4-0 against Dumbarton is not really a battering IMO, otherwise (I think) we have only won one game with 3 goals more than the other team this season - we don't really batter teams as I understand it. Our neighbours did Dumbarton 10-0 last season - now that's a battering! Think you have to count goals actually scored rather than goals we were capable of scoring, but didn't ... :greengrin

:greengrin I know. However, over the course of what i've seen this season home and away, we've battered teams. The last couple of months have been a let down to what was shaping up to be a great season. I get the goals issue being rather important:greengrinbut honestly think we're a team capable of completely taking the piss when we are at the races. Look at the Aberdeen game for instance, we absolutely battered them. I think we've really missed DMcG - he is the role that Stokes is having to play and i am hoping that him coming back to the fold, with AS and JC up front will bring the goals.... :rockin:

........... gotta hope so eh :greengrin