PDA

View Full Version : Radio Scotland

matty_f
01-05-2016, 03:13 PM
Heard a bit of chat on Sportsound this week that if we'd pipped Falkirk by a goal it would have been because of the penalty we got when we won there earlier in the season.

Looking forward to the discussion tomorrow about how the penalty we didn't get there when we drew was the deciding factor.

Personally, I don't think either were especially significant, our form through March cost us far more than that one decision, I just find the selective memories of the pundits to be fairly annoying.

Benny Brazil
01-05-2016, 03:16 PM
Sick of hearing that muppet Houston on the radio mentioning "resources" again - he must mention it every time he is interviewed.

JimBHibees
01-05-2016, 03:24 PM
Heard a bit of chat on Sportsound this week that if we'd pipped Falkirk by a goal it would have been because of the penalty we got when we won there earlier in the season.

Looking forward to the discussion tomorrow about how the penalty we didn't get there when we drew was the deciding factor.

Personally, I don't think either were especially significant, our form through March cost us far more than that one decision, I just find the selective memories of the pundits to be fairly annoying.

Didn't hear that but quite incredible that is brought up also what about the St Mirren miles offside goal or the appalling refereeing in the last game v Falkirk when they should have been down to 8 or so, or the joke offside when Cummings was brought down just after half time.

Really is tiresome. Nice of them to let Houston write their script.

Col2
01-05-2016, 03:28 PM
Radio Scotland at there worst again post match.

Big Brian McLaughlin was panting again at the pure excitement and congratulated Houston on his amazing achievement and then asked him is this was his finest achievement. To be fair Houston said they hadn't won anything yet.

Meanwhile Richard Gordon was desperate to get to Brockville for the live speeches of the chairman and captains and presumably the manager who were doing an end of season celebration speech to fans.

At the same time 'biscuits' in the studio talking about "brilliant brilliant achievement, brilliant, brilliant"

And then they have Charlie Mann ex Vlad PA/lapdog interviewing Stubbs.

Just another day at Radio ****wits.

Oh I am looking forward so much to shutting that lot up big time.

Hibbyradge
01-05-2016, 03:28 PM
Sick of hearing that muppet Houston on the radio mentioning "resources" again - he must mention it every time he is interviewed.

You'll understand why Rangers were hacked off with Stubbs when he said something similar, then. :wink:

Benny Brazil
01-05-2016, 03:34 PM
You'll understand why Rangers were hacked off with Stubbs when he said something similar, then. :wink:

Slight difference in that Houston has been saying it since the first week of the season.

Cod Boy
01-05-2016, 03:56 PM
Resources mean nothing just have to look at Leicester to end that myth.

MWHIBBIES
01-05-2016, 03:59 PM
Bizarre that that incident is still mentioned, the foul on Gray was a clear penalty before that. Houston and all those roasters can **** right off.

hibeesjoe
01-05-2016, 03:59 PM
If we get past raith then I Honestly hope we smash Falkirk. Never gave them much of a thought before but Houston and the press just wind you up.

Waxy
01-05-2016, 04:06 PM
Last years cup semi still annoys me. We need to smash them.

hibs0666
01-05-2016, 04:12 PM
Radio Scotland at there worst again post match.

Big Brian McLaughlin was panting again at the pure excitement and congratulated Houston on his amazing achievement and then asked him is this was his finest achievement. To be fair Houston said they hadn't won anything yet.

Meanwhile Richard Gordon was desperate to get to Brockville for the live speeches of the chairman and captains and presumably the manager who were doing an end of season celebration speech to fans.

At the same time 'biscuits' in the studio talking about "brilliant brilliant achievement, brilliant, brilliant"

And then they have Charlie Mann ex Vlad PA/lapdog interviewing Stubbs.

Just another day at Radio ****wits.

Oh I am looking forward so much to shutting that lot up big time.

No problem. Houstons time will come in a few days time.

Winston Ingram
01-05-2016, 04:46 PM

Tbf he has a very valid point and Stubbs wouldn't shut up about Sevco's budget in comparison to ours.

Crammond Hibee
02-05-2016, 05:27 AM
Houston really winds me up but he's quite right.We should have been second by miles but our form
In March was dreadful.
Third in the Championship is unacceptable.
But still promotion can be achieved.

Libby Hibby
02-05-2016, 06:05 AM
Houston really winds me up but he's quite right.We should have been second by miles but our form
In March was dreadful.

3rd is not acceptable, agreed...our form in March was dreadful, agreed but it's only really cost us an extra 2 games...our goals can still be achieved if we believe they can and go out and make it happen.
3rd is disappointing but I can't help but think it may work to our advantage but having continuity of games...bring it on, we're coming into form at the right time

marinello59
02-05-2016, 06:13 AM
In March was dreadful.

Third is not ideal but unacceptable? We are in the play offs as a result which is acceptable. Stubbs is right, finishing second means nothing, it's all about the next few games.

matty_f
02-05-2016, 07:16 AM
Third is not ideal but unacceptable? We are in the play offs as a result which is acceptable. Stubbs is right, finishing second means nothing, it's all about the next few games.

Third only really becomes a big issue if we don't go up. If we get promoted, nobody is going to give a toss where we finished. Until Stubbs loses a couple of games, of course, then it'll be cast up relentlessly and the promotion will be dismissed.

JimBHibees
02-05-2016, 07:25 AM
Third only really becomes a big issue if we don't go up. If we get promoted, nobody is going to give a toss where we finished. Until Stubbs loses a couple of games, of course, then it'll be cast up relentlessly and the promotion will be dismissed.

Agree we will see if having a break is a positive or negative. We have players coming back which should mean we should be able to handle these games easier than a few weeks back. Looking forward to it.

PiemanP
02-05-2016, 07:32 AM
Last years cup semi still annoys me. We need to smash them.

:agree: We're well overdue giving them and their anti-football a proper thumping.

OtleyHibs
02-05-2016, 07:52 AM
3rd is not acceptable, agreed...our form in March was dreadful, agreed but it's only really cost us an extra 2 games...our goals can still be achieved if we believe they can and go out and make it happen.
3rd is disappointing but I can't help but think it may work to our advantage but having continuity of games...bring it on, we're coming into form at the right time

I agree with this, said in another thread that I thought having the break before the Huns play off last year didn't help, there's a lot to be said for continuity, especially when on winning form.

Hoping to hear Houston bump his gums about something similar after we end their season : )

NYHibby
02-05-2016, 07:59 AM

Brockville is now a Morrisons. Maybe he just needed to do some shopping before heading home?

Radium
02-05-2016, 08:06 AM
In fairness we got lauded to the rooftops last year when we pushed TTRFC into third ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2016, 08:36 AM
Tbf he has a very valid point and Stubbs wouldn't shut up about Sevco's budget in comparison to ours.

It's a valid point but it's definitely been punted around for a lot longer than the couple of time Stubbs mentioned it.

Clearly Houston and his team don't like Stubbs and they're letting it get in their way. Hopefully it'll be their downfall.

Carheenlea
02-05-2016, 09:03 AM
The show got a lot better when Geoff Webster I think took over, and whoever was in studio with him, the conversational quality was raised quite considerably. These guys should have a higher profile on Sportsound in my opinion.

Fife-Hibee
02-05-2016, 09:30 AM
Radio Scotland! I realy don't understand why people on here still listen to that p!sh. I'd rather poke needles in my eyes. Hibs radio every time :)

OtleyHibs
02-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Radio Scotland! I realy don't understand why people on here still listen to that p!sh. I'd rather poke needles in my eyes. Hibs radio every time :)

Used Hibs audio yesterday for the first time and I am with you. Could also watch the full match last night, I should have subscribed to Hibs TV years ago : )

Winston Ingram
02-05-2016, 11:29 AM
It's a valid point but it's definitely been punted around for a lot longer than the couple of time Stubbs mentioned it.

Clearly Houston and his team don't like Stubbs and they're letting it get in their way. Hopefully it'll be their downfall.

I think i've heard him say it twice now. Houston and Stubbs don't like each other 1 bit.

I wish the pair of them would just shut their gobs. Their amateur 'mind games' are cringeworthy.

ekhibee
02-05-2016, 12:01 PM
The show got a lot better when Geoff Webster I think took over, and whoever was in studio with him, the conversational quality was raised quite considerably. These guys should have a higher profile on Sportsound in my opinion.
Agree with this. Tam McManus, IMO, holds his corner when talking about Hibs, whereas the rest of them just agree with Preston all the time.