PDA

View Full Version : Big Decisions for Wednesday

Pretty Boy
01-05-2016, 01:55 PM
Do Bartley and McGeough come in and if so who drops out?

Who starts in goals? 2 clean sheets in a row for Logan but Oxley played well at Morton and is the number 1.

McGreggor in for Fontaine? Gray for Gunnarson?

Surely Cummings coming back in is a no brainer.

Interesting few days ahead.

KWJ
01-05-2016, 02:06 PM

Who starts in goals? 2 clean sheets in a row for Logan but Oxley played well at Morton and is the number 1.

3/3 for Logan. Didn't have much to do once again but everything that came at him he handled well.

I'd leave Dylan on the bench again for Wednesday rather than push him, we have the other options at the moment and I'd want him to be ready come then.

Love Fonts but I think McGregor and Hanlon are a better pair. Or 5-3-2...

StevieT
01-05-2016, 02:08 PM

Some good questions PB. I think Fontaine will drop out and I also think Gray will return at full back. JC is a shoe in for Keatings. I suspect that Dylan will be on the bench with him being used in the home game if we need to drive on for goals.

I think the difficult choice is in the goalkeeping department. MO is number 1 but CL has still to be beaten.

Diclonius
01-05-2016, 02:16 PM
Logan should stay in 100%. McGregor will come in for Fontaine, as will Cummings for Keatings and probably Gray for Gunnarsson.

The big question is midfield. I'd be tempted to replace one of Fyvie, Henderson or McGinn for Bartley - probably Henderson.

shamo9
01-05-2016, 02:19 PM
Fontaine looked a bit shaky today but overall he is better with the ball at his feet against a team sitting back than McGregor. This may not be as big an issue on Wednesday though since surely Raith will have a go. They won't want to have to come to Easter Road needing to win.

Keatings had a chance to really build on his goals mid-week but he didn't take it. Cummings back in for me.

Gunnarssan or Gray is a tough call. I wouldn't mind but Stubbs will definitely back his captain. Logan hasn't lost a goal yet so harsh to drop him. I wouldn't throw McGeouch in right from the start on Wednesday. Give him another 30 minutes and then swap him and Mcginn for the return leg.

hibee_girl
01-05-2016, 02:21 PM
I'd put McGregor back in, Fontaine looked a bit shaky today. Cummings will come in for Keatings I'd imagine and if it was up to me Logan would still be in goals.

I'd put Bartley back in too, possibly for McGinn as he looks shattered.

GlasgowHibee
01-05-2016, 02:24 PM
Bartley in for McGinn is a must. McGinn is the only one of our key players not to have a proper rest, and you can tell that he's very tired.

ano hibby
01-05-2016, 02:36 PM
McGinn was knackered after 9 mins today! Don't see Stubbs dropping him though.
Boyle out for me. Hasn't done enough in his starts to justify a place. Rather than making runs wide to create space he runs through middle & gets in others way. Very frustrating. Poor coaching IMO.
McGregor for Fonts
Bartley for Boyle
Cummings for Keatings
I wouldn't start McGeoch yet despite it being freest to have him back.

01-05-2016, 02:37 PM
Defo put Mcgregor in for Fontaine. Cummings in for Keatings

tamig
01-05-2016, 02:39 PM
Some good questions PB. I think Fontaine will drop out and I also think Gray will return at full back. JC is a shoe in for Keatings. I suspect that Dylan will be on the bench with him being used in the home game if we need to drive on for goals.

I think the difficult choice is in the goalkeeping department. MO is number 1 but CL has still to be beaten.
I really don't see why you would change anything with the starting line up from today. Why do you think Fontaine will drop out and Gray return? I take it that would mean McGregor in and Gunnarsson out too?

01-05-2016, 02:40 PM
McGinn was knackered after 9 mins today! Don't see Stubbs dropping him though.
Boyle out for me. Hasn't done enough in his starts to justify a place. Rather than making runs wide to create space he runs through middle & gets in others way. Very frustrating. Poor coaching IMO.
McGregor for Fonts
Bartley for Boyle
Cummings for Keatings
I wouldn't start McGeoch yet despite it being freest to have him back.

Absolutely agree with this. McGinns been off the boil for a wee while, I'd maybe give him a rest but like you say I dont see Stubbs dropping him.

OsloHibs
01-05-2016, 02:47 PM
He's very vocal is our conrad!!!! He was the loudest in the stadium today 😊

Carheenlea
01-05-2016, 02:53 PM
Agree with giving McGinn a rest on Wednesday, he looks the one player that badly needs a break. Would expect Cummings to start alongside Stokes, but with Raith's poor pitch, there may not be much to be gained out of Stokes' prods and probes round the box, and may need to be a bit more direct instead.

Billy Whizz
01-05-2016, 03:07 PM
The pitch at Raith the last time was a bit of a shocker, Stubbs said that the players were thinking too much about it. Will have a bearing on his team selection, unless it's improved dramatically

MileHighBees
01-05-2016, 03:11 PM

Start Bartley as surely Raith won't be 'parking the bus' at home so we'll need his defensive qualities.
If McGeough is fit enough for 90 mins then start him too otherwise save him for the home leg.

Logan 100%.

Close call but keep Fontaine.
I like Gray but he's struggled recently and right now Gunnarsson contributes more and is a far better option.

25 goals for Cummings this season says he should start.

Also agree with all the comments saying McGinn needs a rest.
Save him for the home leg if possible.

hibby6270
01-05-2016, 03:14 PM
The positive is that we now seem to have a fully fit squad available at a crucial time.
Yes - there may be a few looking tired in games - but when you've got positive bench players that can come on, it always gives us a better chance. Not a fan is squad rotation myself but I think needs must over the next 7 games. This squad can become heroes. Up there with the Famous Five, the Tornadoes and the Mowbray youngsters, who all excited us at the time.

I'm not looking for excitement over the next 24 days but results are all we need. Don't care how we get them. How we get them will be down to the squad, who I think have shown in last couple of weeks that they know each other's game. So changing it around isn't as much of a negative as it sometimes can be.

Billy Whizz
01-05-2016, 03:15 PM
Start Bartley as surely Raith won't be 'parking the bus' at home so we'll need his defensive qualities.
If McGeough is fit enough for 90 mins then start him too otherwise save him for the home leg.

Logan 100%.

Close call but keep Fontaine.
I like Gray but he's struggled recently and right now Gunnarsson contributes more and is a far better option.

25 goals for Cummings this season says he should start.

Also agree with all the comments saying McGinn needs a rest.
Save him for the home leg if possible.

Raith like to throw long balls into the box, need our big players to stand up and be counted

dmc1875
01-05-2016, 03:15 PM
Conrad has to start on Wednesday, surely.

keatings will be out for Cummings and I hope we stick with Gunnarson rather than gray.

I would argue that we should maybe start Keatings and Stokes as we seem to play better with them as a front two but Cummings gets you goals and will be out to make amends for last time.

McGinn should be out really needs a rest it's affecting his performance by time

StevieT
01-05-2016, 03:40 PM
I really don't see why you would change anything with the starting line up from today. Why do you think Fontaine will drop out and Gray return? I take it that would mean McGregor in and Gunnarsson out too?

Tamil, I'm not saying it's what I would do but what I think will happen. I think Stubbs has been trying to rest a few players in an attempt to try and keep them sharp hence these players will come back in. The one player who could really do with a rest is McGinn. We may see him rested midweek with Bartley coming in.

What is important though is that we are still in the game come next weekend. I think Stubbs will tinker midweek (but not enough to risk a loss) and then go for it next weekend.

number9dream
01-05-2016, 03:42 PM
Did we play a back four today or was Boyle operating as a wing-back?

Gray & McGregor will probably come back in and I'd like to see Bartley in the middle with Fyvie as well.

Not sure McGeouch will be risked from the start but Cummings must return!

Our keeper is likely to be busier than in the last couple of games, so that's a big call. A clean sheet in Kirkcaldy would be very handy.

3-5-2, with Gunnarson or Fontaine dropping out for McGregor. Gray in for Boyle, Bartley in for Henderson or McGinn and Cummings instead of Keatings. McGeouch to get 20-30 mins.

Gunni is on a streak of two goals in two games but Hanlon is probably best in the sweeper role in a 3, which may favour two lefties.

Nicho87
01-05-2016, 03:47 PM
Logan

Gunnarsson McGregor Hanlon

Gray Stevenson

Fyvie Bartley Henderson

Cummings Stokes

Albanian Hibs
01-05-2016, 04:23 PM
I'd put McGregor back in, Fontaine looked a bit shaky today. Cummings will come in for Keatings I'd imagine and if it was up to me Logan would still be in goals.

I'd put Bartley back in too, possibly for McGinn as he looks shattered.

Agree with all of that. Plus I would keep Gunnarson in, doesnt deserve to be dropped

Hibeewilly
01-05-2016, 04:34 PM
Its a great selection headache for Stubbs to have in midfield. I would rest McGinn and bring in McGeouch who looked different class when he came on today and Henderson was excellent and must start. I must mention Anthony Stokes - what a player he is looking for us now - his link up play today was top drawer:wink:

Pete
01-05-2016, 04:45 PM
McGinn should be out really needs a rest it's affecting his performance by time

I would rest him for the entire Raith tie. Its a gamble but I'm afraid he needs it.

JimBHibees
01-05-2016, 04:56 PM
Raith like to throw long balls into the box, need our big players to stand up and be counted

Yep for that reason Bartley and McGregor in. Gray and Cummings to start also. It will be a battle for sure.

Northernhibee
01-05-2016, 05:00 PM
Logan

Gunnarsson (WB) McGregor Fontaine Hanlon Stevenson (WB)

Fyvie Henderson McGeouch

Cummings Stokes

Subs: Oxley, Gray, McGinn, Bartley, Boyle, Keatings, Dagnall

Greenworld
01-05-2016, 08:54 PM

No change for me

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Lancs Harp
01-05-2016, 09:03 PM
He's very vocal is our conrad!!!! He was the loudest in the stadium today 

He made more noise than the travelling faithful from Dumfries :greengrin

Lago
01-05-2016, 09:20 PM
The difference this time is that we don't need to go chasing the game for 2nd place in the league, it's gone, we are now in a 2 legged series of play off games, lets see how the Raith & Falkirk teams handle a team playing a perhaps more defensive set up.

Gmack7
01-05-2016, 09:21 PM
I'm not convinced Stubbs will rest McGinn,while i agree he could do with one there has been oportunities to leave him out but he plays virtually every game,these play off games are huge so i think he'll play.hopefully we put the game out of sight on Wednesday and he can take a brake on saterday

trev the hat
01-05-2016, 09:35 PM
No change for me

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Fonts was very tentative today
Keats worked hard but not as a no. 9
McGregor will be back as will JC
Dependant on Fyvie's fitness Dylan might start
I'd keep Boyle, his cross for the 2nd was sublime & reminded me fondly of the Killen / Harper type goals, very nice!!
Stokes all round play was a class above, movement, passing.
He could be a hero in the making !!

Eyrie
01-05-2016, 10:53 PM
He made more noise than the travelling faithful from Dumfries :greengrin

Have you ever tried shouting through a stormtrooper's helmet?

Mikey09
01-05-2016, 11:20 PM
Personally not sure who will start. However I honestly think we should play a much more direct game at Starks Park as its in a shocking state and if we try to pass our way through them it will be extremely frustrating. It's like a tattle field. I know some will disagree but just my opinion.

monktonharp
01-05-2016, 11:48 PM
Yep for that reason Bartley and McGregor in. Gray and Cummings to start also. It will be a battle for sure.:agree:also, noticed that Logan was actually passing the ball out to full backs and midfielders at times today, rather than just booting it up the park all the time. he did that last time. his run out, and "clearance" today was almost comical though when the ball went up about 30 feet in the air! . think big Fontaine had to wait about 30 seconds on it coming doon.

J-C
02-05-2016, 05:51 AM
Logan stays in as his distribution is spot on and quick, defence seem happier with him too.
Bring McGregor in and go 3 at the back, I think Gray may be injured so I'd stick with Gunnarsson.
Bartley back in but it will depend on the fitness of the others in midfield.
Cummings for Keatings who had another vanishing act yesterday, I like the lad but far too inconsistent.

Springbank
02-05-2016, 06:22 AM
Logan

Gunnarsson McGregor Hanlon

Gray Stevenson

Fyvie Bartley Henderson

Cummings Stokes

This is close to it for me

Stubbs had most of his best spine on the bench yesterday (very frustrating)

Logan, McGregor, Bartley,Cummings (and mcgeough when fit enough) need to be on the field of play.

Mcgeough showed more in 20 mins than Fyvie did in 3 times that, so it'd be a big game for Fyvie to step up in, if he plays on weds

Keith_M
02-05-2016, 06:49 AM
Have you ever tried shouting through a stormtrooper's helmet?

Pardon?

:embarrass

Eyrie
02-05-2016, 10:09 AM
Pardon?

:embarrass
One of the QotS fans was wearing a stormtrooper costume yesterday.

southern hibby
02-05-2016, 10:39 AM
Bit I find amazing is that no one ( as far as I can see) has wanted Stokes dropped. Changed attitudes since he came in ??? Or has he started to win over the doubters??? Either way shows players that if you come are not doing the business and then start to turn around your performance you'll be excepted.

I'd rest mcGinn, keep Boyle in as he pushes players back because of his speed, though as someone said he's been off the Boyle ( pardon the pun). Or alternatively ( controversial I know ) drop Boyle and play Stokes as a winger and Cummings Keatings up front. Stokes has done a lot of good work on the left ( even though Boyles on the right) and see if this works.
Logan to stay in goals another clean sheet, how can that be bad???

All said and done I'm sure AS will have a plan and that's what he gets paid for.

GGTTH

Kaiserclem
02-05-2016, 08:06 PM
For me it has to be 3-5-2 for the away to and I would play the following:

Logan

Hanlon
Mcgregor
Gunnarson

Bartley
McGinn
Fyvie
Boyle
Stevenson

Stokes
Cummings

Lancs Harp
02-05-2016, 08:10 PM
Anyone thinks Stokes comes too deep too often?

Has the ball, looks pretty, looks up, no one in the middle...... that's because you're supposed to be there Anthony.

J-C
02-05-2016, 08:17 PM
Anyone thinks Stokes comes too deep too often?

Has the ball, looks pretty, looks up, no one in the middle...... that's because you're supposed to be there Anthony.

We've not had an attacking creative midfielder for ages, they're all similar except Dylan, hence why Stokes comes deep to try and make things happen, he's very adept to playing that role.

Lancs Harp
02-05-2016, 08:20 PM
But it leaves a void further forward and surely nobody can dispute we don't score enough goals for the possession we have?

J-C
02-05-2016, 08:31 PM
But it leaves a void further forward and surely nobody can dispute we don't score enough goals for the possession we have?

Of course it does but surely that's for Stubbs to see and put it right, Stokes is only doing what he sees fit on the park, he's one of the few really clever players on it.

Stuarty27
02-05-2016, 08:31 PM
I don't think he will change the formation.

We have been playing well 4 3 3. Cummings will come in for keatings and gray for gunnerson

Aldo
02-05-2016, 08:35 PM
Logan stays in as his distribution is spot on and quick, defence seem happier with him too. Bring McGregor in and go 3 at the back, I think Gray may be injured so I'd stick with Gunnarsson. Bartley back in but it will depend on the fitness of the others in midfield. Cummings for Keatings who had another vanishing act yesterday, I like the lad but far too inconsistent.

I'd play 3 5 2 and if Gray is injured Boyle at RWB.

Boyle played his best game in a Hibs jersey there.

Logan

Gunnarrson McGregor Hanlon

Boyle/Gray Bartley/Fyvie McGinn Henderson Lewis

Stokes Cummings

Lancs Harp
02-05-2016, 08:37 PM
Of course it does but surely that's for Stubbs to see and put it right, Stokes is only doing what he sees fit on the park, he's one of the few really clever players on it.

Not having go a Stokes mate. just don't think we set ourselves up to get the best out of him. If we're playing two up front then play two upfront. But to me at the moment we are playing "two up front" but one of them spends two much time in midfield leaving a hole.

Nameless
02-05-2016, 08:43 PM
For the first leg, I think we need to be the more aggressive side, no neat flicks or little passing triangles. I'd go 3:5:2

Logan

Fonts
McGregor
Hanlon

Gray
Stevenson

Bartley
Fyvie
Henderson

Stokes
Keatings

Second leg 4:4:2

Logan

Gunnarson
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
McGinn
Fyvie
Henderson

Cummings
Stokes

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

Lancs Harp
02-05-2016, 08:49 PM
Go out to win both games. With the greatest of respect we are better than Raith.

Unseen work
03-05-2016, 07:20 AM
I would start gunnarson.

He has done well when called upon and perhaps more importantly, he is a goal threat.

Giro Playboy
03-05-2016, 07:31 AM
Wednesday is all about not losing and taking a good result back to ER so i reckon Stubbs will go for a 3-5-2 and try and control the midfield. Similar to when we beat Raith at Starks Park earlier on in the season.
I can see Oxley, Gray, McGregor and Cummings all starting with Logan, Gunnerson, Keatings and Boyle dropping out from Sunday

SJM
03-05-2016, 07:44 AM
Logan has now done enough to keep his spot as ha Gunnarson. Can he play left back as I would drop Stevenson and bring Gray in if so. Bartley should start away from home and Cummings for Keattings.

Giro Playboy
03-05-2016, 07:52 AM
Logan has now done enough to keep his spot as ha Gunnarson. Can he play left back as I would drop Stevenson and bring Gray in if so. Bartley should start away from home and Cummings for Keattings. I personaly think that Logan and Gunnerson are better players than Oxely and Gray but i dont think that Stubbs will drop his captain and he has already stated that OX is his no1. All the players that were left out on Sunday i reckon were getting rested with the Raith game in mind

SeanWilson
03-05-2016, 07:54 AM
Logan has now done enough to keep his spot as ha Gunnarson. Can he play left back as I would drop Stevenson and bring Gray in if so. Bartley should start away from home and Cummings for Keattings.

LOL - you think we should drop the player we've had at LB for as long as i can remember for Gunnarson in a must win play off:confused::confused:

SJM
03-05-2016, 07:57 AM
LOL - you think we should drop the player we've had at LB for as long as i can remember for Gunnarson in a must win play off:confused::confused:

Yes, Gunnarson is a better player and Stevenson looks knackered.

SJM
03-05-2016, 07:58 AM
I personaly think that Logan and Gunnerson are better players than Oxely and Gray but i dont think that Stubbs will drop his captain and he has already stated that OX is his no1. All the players that were left out on Sunday i reckon were getting rested with the Raith game in mind

Aye you are probably right unfortunately although Gray back having been rested could be a bonus.

hibee_girl
03-05-2016, 08:21 AM

Stevenson is the one player who doesn't look knackered

SeanWilson
03-05-2016, 08:22 AM

You're at it.

J-C
03-05-2016, 08:27 AM

Statement such as these just goes to show you and a few other new members since March are either Yams or trolls, Stevenson has been very consistent once again this season and is probably the fittest player in the team, he looks as fresh today as he did at the start of the season.

SJM
03-05-2016, 08:28 AM
Stevenson is the one player who doesn't look knackered

I thought he was very poor and laboured in the first half on Saturday and his crosses where terrible. We have a squad and we should use it IMO.

SJM
03-05-2016, 08:29 AM
Statement such as these just goes to show you and a few other new members since March are either Yams or trolls, Stevenson has been very consistent once again this season and is probably the fittest player in the team, he looks as fresh today as he did at the start of the season.

Aye here we go again, must be a troll or a jambo eh, get a grip of yourself eh.

SeanWilson
03-05-2016, 08:30 AM

:agree: just a bizarre thought process if indeed a hibee!

J-C
03-05-2016, 08:31 AM
Aye here we go again, must be a troll or a jambo eh, get a grip of yourself eh.

You're the one coming out with absolute pish statements though.

SJM
03-05-2016, 08:32 AM
:agree: just a bizarre thought process if indeed a hibee!

Why? Because I rate players higher than others and have a difference of opinion? I didn't say he was rubbish nor not good enough I said I would rest him for the very impressive Gunnarson if possible with Gray back.

SJM
03-05-2016, 08:33 AM
You're the one coming out with absolute pish statements though.

I'll think you will find that's you, questioning posters hibs credentials nearly every single day. Wouldn't be surprised if you supported hearts to be honest, your completely obsessed with them.

Spike Mandela
03-05-2016, 08:33 AM
It's good news that we are at this point in the season with the schedule of games we have that we have the flexibility available to change things around.

SeanWilson
03-05-2016, 08:35 AM
Why? Because I rate players higher than others and have a difference of opinion? I didn't say he was rubbish nor not good enough I said I would rest him for the very impressive Gunnarson if possible with Gray back.

No, difference of opinion is completely normal. I have no idea if Gunnarson can play at LB, however i'd hazard a guess that its probably not in the teams best interests to drop probably our most consistent player/position; for an unknown quantity at the most crucial time in the recent history of hibs.

A bizarre thought process.

J-C
03-05-2016, 08:35 AM
I'll think you will find that's you, questioning posters hibs credentials nearly every single day. Wouldn't be surprised if you supported hearts to be honest, your completely obsessed with them.

Come and say hello on saturday, I'll be sitting in the East section 41 seat number G 119 :thumbsup:

northstandhibby
03-05-2016, 08:41 AM
Logan stays in as his distribution is spot on and quick, defence seem happier with him too.
Bring McGregor in and go 3 at the back, I think Gray may be injured so I'd stick with Gunnarsson.
Bartley back in but it will depend on the fitness of the others in midfield.
Cummings for Keatings who had another vanishing act yesterday, I like the lad but far too inconsistent.

Totally agree with you. Bartley when fit is a must include player. Totally suited to a combative game. Mcgregor is also a strong player and reads a game very well. Cummings is more consistent than Keatings. Mcgeoch too would be a certain starter when fit. Conrad must start too.

:aok:

SeanWilson
03-05-2016, 08:52 AM
Bartley would be my first name on the team sheet - allows for creative free play in the middle by cleaning up the scraps.
3 at the back becoming a 5 when required is also needed in a game where we want to try and give it a real go.
I'd keep big Logan in goals
I'd not let Dylan anywhere near that pitch on the back of his lay off.
I'd maybe be inclined to keep Boyle on rather than Gray, purely for pace
I'd give McGinn at least the first half as always looks most likely to make something happpen
Cummings must start

Having said all of this, i fully expect a diamond and slow, tepid football with a whole bunch of indecision in the final third :greengrin

SJM
03-05-2016, 10:08 AM
Come and say hello on saturday, I'll be sitting in the East section 41 seat number G 119 :thumbsup:

Hows about tomorrow evening? I'll PM you where I'm sitting. :aok: I'll be in the West on Saturday.

SJM
03-05-2016, 10:09 AM
No, difference of opinion is completely normal. I have no idea if Gunnarson can play at LB, however i'd hazard a guess that its probably not in the teams best interests to drop probably our most consistent player/position; for an unknown quantity at the most crucial time in the recent history of hibs.

A bizarre thought process.

It's not bizarre if he can play that position because imo he's a better player in better form. Stevenson has been consistently average and we can do better.

CallumLaidlaw
03-05-2016, 10:14 AM
Interesting to see McKinnon's view on things

“Hibs have also changed it in the last couple of games. They are obviously trying to freshen it up as well.

“To be fair, it is hard to call how they are going to set up as well.

“They might come with a diamond, they might play a 4-4-2 or go with a three.

“But we will have a fair idea as soon as we see their team.

“We have played them five times this season and we know their players inside out.

“But it is hard to predict. For them it is the first leg away from home so does he come at us, being really offensive and potentially lose the game or does he set up more defensively?
“It is a hard one but I think it is going to be an advantage playing at home first.

“If we take anything out of the game, I think the pressure will be on them massively at Easter Road.

“So even a draw at home, we would take as that would put the onus on them to come out a bit more.

“So it is very interesting.”

Interesting that he sees a draw in the first leg as a positive result. I think we would maybe take that too, so lets just call it 0-0 and go straight to Easter Road :wink::greengrin

As for the team, I personally would pick

Logan
Hanlon
McGregor
Gunnarson
Stevenson
Gray
Bartley
McGeouch
Fyvie
Cummings
Stokes

Rest McGinn and Henderson. Bring Henderson on later in the game, but keep John for the 2nd leg, hopefully a bit fresher.

Heres how I expect stubbs to line us up

Oxley
Stevenson
Hanlon
McGregor
Gray
McGinn
Fyvie
Bartley
Henderson
Cummings
Stokes

Lancs Harp
03-05-2016, 10:18 AM
Aiming simply "not to lose" is a dangerous game to play to me. I would set up to try and win both games. Anything else is just negative to me.

What if we set up to get our draw then concede late on? What if we get our draw then concede the first goal at ER

Go for it Hibs, both games.

:flag:

cabbageandribs1875
03-05-2016, 10:27 AM
Hows about tomorrow evening? I'll PM you where I'm sitting. :aok: I'll be in the West on Saturday.

well said :agree: yi might even get an apology

JimBHibees
03-05-2016, 10:30 AM
Aiming simply "not to lose" is a dangerous game to play to me. I would set up to try and win both games. Anything else is just negative to me.

What if we set up to get our draw then concede late on? What if we get our draw then concede the first goal at ER

Go for it Hibs, both games.

:flag:

Absolutely how we should play it. Get a lead if possible first game forcing them to come out in the second game and rip them on the counter.

SJM
03-05-2016, 10:33 AM
well said :agree: yi might even get an apology

Wouldnae go that far :greengrin

J-C
03-05-2016, 11:41 AM

Don't do away games nowadays due to work, unless they're semi finals and finals but I'll give you a wee wave from the east. :greengrin

SJM
03-05-2016, 11:51 AM
Don't do away games nowadays due to work, unless they're semi finals and finals but I'll give you a wee wave from the east. :greengrin

No worries buddy :greengrin

Onion
03-05-2016, 11:52 AM
Need to go for win in both games. If by doing so we lose a goal in the first game, we have time to get it back. Blow them away early and rotate the squad.

FromTheCapital
03-05-2016, 11:54 AM
Logan

Gunnarsson
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
Fyvie
McGeouch
McGinn

Stokes
Cummings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edson Arantes
03-05-2016, 11:57 AM
No worries buddy :greengrin

The love boat.

Edson Arantes
03-05-2016, 11:59 AM
Need to go for win in both games. If by doing so we lose a goal in the first game, we have time to get it back. Blow them away early and rotate the squad.

Philosophy is good, however, we won't blow them away.

03-05-2016, 12:02 PM
The state of their pitch is a real worry for Dylans injury I think. Personally I would keep Dylan out of this one and bring him back in for the home leg.

Onion
03-05-2016, 12:05 PM

SJM
03-05-2016, 12:08 PM
The state of their pitch is a real worry for Dylans injury I think. Personally I would keep Dylan out of this one and bring him back in for the home leg.

I agree. Only play Dylan if imperative.

jgl07
03-05-2016, 12:22 PM
One of the QotS fans was wearing a stormtrooper costume yesterday.
Like this?

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x411/JGL07/Nazi-Soldiers-Getty_zps0ucerprx.jpg (http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/JGL07/media/Nazi-Soldiers-Getty_zps0ucerprx.jpg.html)

J-C
03-05-2016, 12:58 PM
The love boat.

Haha not quite but nae need to be at each others throats right now, we have some important games coming up and we all need to be on the same page giving our support.

Anyway back to the OP.
I have a feeling Stubbs will go back to Oxley, which might be a mistake as I think Logan gives the defenders more confidence, he's a lot more vocal and commanding of his area. If the pitch is a mare then I'd go with Bartley Fyvie and McGinn in midfield, allowing us to bring on Henderson and McGeouch when needed. Up front Cummings as a simple swap for Keatings, who is very inconsistent and I'd be inclined to use Boyle ( don't know if Gray is injured or simply being rested ) as a wingback in a 3-5-2 set up or up top wide in a 4-3-3.

erin go bragh
03-05-2016, 01:10 PM
Logan has played 300 mins without conceding a goal .

Logan

McGregor
Fontaine
Hanlon

Gunnarson
Stevenson

Fyvie
Bartley
Henderson

Stokes
Cummings

McGinn needs a rest but could still make a positive impact as a sub .

GGTTH

Lago
03-05-2016, 02:19 PM
Good you have kissed and made up:thumbsup:

J-C
03-05-2016, 02:21 PM
Good you have kissed and made up:thumbsup:

Well I won't go that far :greengrin

Giro Playboy
03-05-2016, 05:14 PM
Aye here we go again, must be a troll or a jambo . It looks like everyone on the board who has a different opinion from J-C automatically becomes a ''jambo'' :yawn:

Giro Playboy
03-05-2016, 05:20 PM
Why? Because I rate players higher than others and have a difference of opinion? . You've not got thousands of posts therefore you are not allowed a difference of opinion

marinello59
03-05-2016, 05:47 PM
You've not got thousands of posts therefore you are not allowed a difference of opinion

Give it a rest. If you don't like this place or the other posters just stay away. Simple.

Eyrie
03-05-2016, 07:57 PM
Like this?

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x411/JGL07/Nazi-Soldiers-Getty_zps0ucerprx.jpg (http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/JGL07/media/Nazi-Soldiers-Getty_zps0ucerprx.jpg.html)
It was QotS we were playing, not Sevco!

Lago
03-05-2016, 09:00 PM
E=giro playboy;4668734]It looks like everyone on the board who has a different opinion from J-C automatically becomes a ''jambo'' :yawn:[/QUOTE]
Don't be silly.

Lago
03-05-2016, 09:01 PM
You've not got thousands of posts therefore you are not allowed a difference of opinion
Again don't be silly.

Brightside
03-05-2016, 09:12 PM
Totally agree with you. Bartley when fit is a must include player. Totally suited to a combative game. Mcgregor is also a strong player and reads a game very well. Cummings is more consistent than Keatings. Mcgeoch too would be a certain starter when fit. Conrad must start too.

:aok:

Final ball was the issue at the weekend. Keatings scores given chances...but again we floated in high balls. Goal came from the one time we pinged it across the 6yd line at shin height. Do that and we score plenty.