PDA

View Full Version : Playoff quarter-finals probably not on TV

Diclonius
01-05-2016, 01:34 PM
From the official site:

"Hibernian will play Raith Rovers on Wednesday 4 May, kick off 7.45pm at Starks Park, with the return leg to be played on Saturday 7 May, kick off 12.30pm. Currently there are no plans for either quarter final play-off match to be televised."

Joke if true. The SPFL and BT Sport knew right from the start that this game would coincide with the Fat Cats League semi-finals, so why schedule it on the same day? And why change the Saturday game to a lunch time kick off if you're going to show Norwich ****ing City instead?

There is no way for me to make either game, and the best I'm more than likely going to get is to listen to Liam "Scottish Cup Final 2012" McLeod on Radio Old Firm.

hibee_girl
01-05-2016, 01:35 PM
Would imagine Saturday is a lunch time kick off because hearts & Edinburgh city are also playing

Diclonius
01-05-2016, 01:36 PM
Would imagine Saturday is a lunch time kick off because hearts & Edinburgh city are also playing

They should move Hearts then - their game means nothing.

hibee_girl
01-05-2016, 01:41 PM
They should move Hearts then - their game means nothing.

Their game has been arranged for a while, ours was only confirmed today. We were always going to get the last choice kick off

KWJ
01-05-2016, 01:54 PM
That doesn't mean they won't be on HibsTV for me. I'd fully expect the home game to be on HibsTV, away one may face the same fate of the others on CL days.

Nutmegged
01-05-2016, 02:07 PM
Ours would be moved for TV purposes

zlatan
01-05-2016, 02:21 PM
Champions league on Wednesday probably rules out any chance of the first leg being shown. Would be surprised if BT or Alba didn't pick up the game at Easter Road.

bod
01-05-2016, 02:38 PM
From the official site:

"Hibernian will play Raith Rovers on Wednesday 4 May, kick off 7.45pm at Starks Park, with the return leg to be played on Saturday 7 May, kick off 12.30pm. Currently there are no plans for either quarter final play-off match to be televised."

Joke if true. The SPFL and BT Sport knew right from the start that this game would coincide with the Fat Cats League semi-finals, so why schedule it on the same day? And why change the Saturday game to a lunch time kick off if you're going to show Norwich ****ing City instead?

There is no way for me to make either game, and the best I'm more than likely going to get is to listen to Liam "Scottish Cup Final 2012" McLeod on Radio Old Firm.

who are Norwich playing ?

California-Hibs
01-05-2016, 02:39 PM
I'm wondering if the game on Wednesday will be on RaithTV? Fully expect the return leg on Saturday will be on HibsTV as usual.

hibee_girl
01-05-2016, 02:39 PM
who are Norwich playing ?

Man utd

Fergus52
01-05-2016, 02:48 PM
Any chance of the away leg being on hibs TV?

I watched the Dumbarton game on my laptop whilst my flatmates were watching the Champions League semi-final.

Now they've broke the rules once they may as well break them again :greengrin

hibby6270
01-05-2016, 02:56 PM
FFS. Edinburgh City have preference over us in terms of when a kick off time is?

What's that all about?:confused:

MileHighBees
01-05-2016, 02:59 PM
Semi-final play-off games have been moved for TV

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/premiership-play-off-update/

Only matters to us if we beat Raith first obviously

SJM
01-05-2016, 03:04 PM
Semi-final play-off games have been moved for TV

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/premiership-play-off-update/

Only matters to us if we beat Raith first obviously

Friday 13th evening in Falkirk for the second leg could be very, very Messi :greengrin

Fergus52
01-05-2016, 03:10 PM
so they've moved it to 4 games in 9 days.

That's taking the piss

AZhibee
01-05-2016, 05:22 PM
That doesn't mean they won't be on HibsTV for me. I'd fully expect the home game to be on HibsTV, away one may face the same fate of the others on CL days.

Already on official site; no video on Wednesday, audio only. Looks like I'm wearing headphones at work again.

IberianHibernian
01-05-2016, 06:31 PM
Already on official site; no video on Wednesday, audio only. Looks like I'm wearing headphones at work again. Maybe on Raith TV . If not on normal TV wouldn`t expect it to be on Hibs TV anyway .

Fergus52
01-05-2016, 06:44 PM
Maybe on Raith TV . If not on normal TV wouldn`t expect it to be on Hibs TV anyway .

Most of our games aren't on normal TV but are on hibs TV, for subscribers that are "overseas."

California-Hibs
02-05-2016, 02:08 AM
Maybe on Raith TV . If not on normal TV wouldn`t expect it to be on Hibs TV anyway .

It wouldn't be on HibsTV as it isn't a live televised match, that's when the away ones are on HibsTV.

Anyway it's on RaithTV as listed on their site, so I'll be signing up for the match to watch!

GreenLake
02-05-2016, 03:07 AM
It wouldn't be on HibsTV as it isn't a live televised match, that's when the away ones are on HibsTV.

Anyway it's on RaithTV as listed on their site, so I'll be signing up for the match to watch!

Me too.

Golden Bear
02-05-2016, 07:52 AM

Hope they're more successful than their attempt at filming the first league fixture. Due to "technical hitches" only the second half was broadcast live and even then it was difficult to distinguish between the two teams because of the similarity in the strips.

The most entertaining aspect of that day was the online banter between the two sets of fans!

green viper
02-05-2016, 10:11 AM
It says on raith tv site that video coverage of hibs game not available in your location only radio coverage

Golden Bear
02-05-2016, 11:32 AM
It says on raith tv site that video coverage of hibs game not available in your location only radio coverage

There are ways & means however. Hola can be your friend.

:wink:

California-Hibs
02-05-2016, 12:19 PM
Hope they're more successful than their attempt at filming the first league fixture. Due to "technical hitches" only the second half was broadcast live and even then it was difficult to distinguish between the two teams because of the similarity in the strips.

The most entertaining aspect of that day was the online banter between the two sets of fans!

That time was a nightmare. I fairly enjoyed the comment banter though. I've seen Hibs games a few times through their service and that was the only time it was not up to standard, so here's hoping for a nice clear stream

beastie
02-05-2016, 12:40 PM
That time was a nightmare. I fairly enjoyed the comment banter though. I've seen Hibs games a few times through their service and that was the only time it was not up to standard, so here's hoping for a nice clear stream

Second that.

Other times I've used their stream it's been fine.

Must admit it 'that' particular game, the 'chat' on their wall was ruthless ;)

Hibernia&Alba
02-05-2016, 01:18 PM
Anyone know whether the play off semis will be on the box?

flash
02-05-2016, 01:26 PM
Semi finals and final all on BT.

Hibernia&Alba
02-05-2016, 01:28 PM
Semi finals and final all on BT.

Cheers mate. All being well, I'll be at the games anyway :aok:

DaveF
02-05-2016, 03:38 PM
Well, that's just ****ing great that they have moved Saturday's game to 12.30pm which means I now cannot go. Would have made a 3pm KO but not a chance of getting to the game now.

Fergus52
02-05-2016, 03:40 PM
How much does it cost to sign up for Raith TV?

KWJ
02-05-2016, 03:46 PM
Already on official site; no video on Wednesday, audio only. Looks like I'm wearing headphones at work again.

haha, I never thought about trying to listen to big Cliff while at work. Might get a few looks!

Think I'll go offline until I finish work and watch the game back as live.

beastie
02-05-2016, 03:50 PM
How much does it cost to sign up for Raith TV?

I think it's free to register and u just pay for the one game pass from memory.

SJM
02-05-2016, 04:07 PM
£5 one game Raith TV. Much rather be there tho it's massive.

jgl07
02-05-2016, 05:20 PM
£5 one game Raith TV. Much rather be there tho it's massive.
I paid for the first League game when I was working in Oman. It did not work!